• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t even think the picture is showing what people think it’s showing which is going to make discussions even more difficult to moderate. Pray for our mods, fami.

I'm getting terrible flashbacks to when Age of Calamity ending cutscene screenshots initially leaked, but this is like the... 2022 in the US version of it

I don’t even think the picture is showing what people think it’s showing which is going to make discussions even more difficult to moderate. Pray for our mods, fami.
Yeah it’s gonna be a 100 hr game, do you know how many shots from 2 or even 1 could be railed out of context?

Shrug I’m not too worried, this team has done ridiculous stuff since Xenogears, context is the important thing

Yeah it’s gonna be a 100 hr game, do you know how many shots from 2 or even 1 could be railed out of context?

Shrug I’m not too worried, this team has done ridiculous stuff since Xenogears, context is the important thing
Yeah lets not do the whole "it's out of context!!!" thing. Let's leave this here and not discuss the spoiler image here anymore.

Especially since everyone saying to "wait for context," here are guys who really don't have the right to say whether the image/story beat is OK. I understand why you may think context matters but, with or without context, many women are rightfully taking offense at the framing alone, and - given the series' past - they're not giving it that much benefit of the doubt. Ya'll should respect that; it shouldn't be up to them to "wait for context," nor should it be up to them to accept that context when/if it's given.

Either way, sorry to pop in from my break to be so negative but this is my thread and I didn't really want it to keep going down this path. Lets just wait for the spoiler thread to be unlocked if we want to discuss it further. See ya'll soon.

Some good news, the text draft for the OP for my ST is finished and now I just need to get the graphics together for when I am ready to post it next Sunday. I got it all done in google docs and I am happy with it.

Yes there are a few horse jokes

Some good news, the text draft for the OP for my ST is finished and now I just need to get the graphics together for when I am ready to post it next Sunday. I got it all done in google docs and I am happy with it.

Yes there are a few horse jokes
quit horsing around already man. sorry

Yeah lets not do the whole "it's out of context!!!" thing. Let's leave this here and not discuss the spoiler image here anymore.

Especially since everyone saying to "wait for context," here are guys who really don't have the right to say whether the image/story beat is OK. I understand why you may think context matters but, with or without context, many women are rightfully taking offense at the framing alone, and - given the series' past - they're not giving it that much benefit of the doubt. Ya'll should respect that; it shouldn't be up to them to "wait for context," nor should it be up to them to accept that context when/if it's given.

Either way, sorry to pop in from my break to be so negative but this is my thread and I didn't really want it to keep going down this path. Lets just wait for the spoiler thread to be unlocked if we want to discuss it further. See ya'll soon.

My point isn't that we should wait for context (FWIW, I think added context might actually make it even worse) but that people's interpretation of that picture is inconsistent with what we know of Xenoblade lore. I can't really blame anyone for seeing it that way given the framing, though, which is going to lead to some pretty obnoxious discussions in the future (hence me not envying the mods). But you're right that this isn't the place for this discussion.

edited to add an "it"

Last edited:
I am going to ask for more title suggestions later in the week and for mods to make a poll vote but @Skittzo suggested Everybody’s 11-12 discussion thread and that’s the current one I have going for

Don't understand how people eat yogurt with fruit pieces in it. I specifically buy the non-fruit piece yogurts. Key lime pie. Orange creme. Smooth style blueberry.
I boil them for around 1-2 minutes with a little bit of water and sugar if they are too sour, mix them up a bit with a fork, let them cool down and its just fucking delicicous.
Fresh berries was probably the wrong word.

To cool the thread off just a tad bit more: I can confirm that Metroid Dread still rocks. Act surprised.
shocker-shocked.gif

Good morning afternoon and happy tidings, fami. Here's to some news this week that will hopefully put us all in a better mood and dampen hostilities.

Yo @chocolate_supra! How do you feel about vinyl records?

Either way, I think you should check this out purely because look at this beautiful cover art:

Not tagged but I am v much in favour of vinyl records (even if ironically digitally produced sounds are kind of antithetical to an analog listening device lmao). Actually found an article on The Guardian not too long ago talking about the rise of vinyl records' popularity among gaming spheres (and also the title choice is pure FamiShitposting™ and if it's not already claimed it absolutely should be borrowed for a vinyl record discussion thread

hi I’m a dumb shit who gets Mad at The Gamers

someone please kill the internet, or my ability to connect to it, whichever is easier, tia
Having seen enough horrid takes and comments, I also am fully in favour of nuking the internet from orbit.

Nintendo General Discussion |ST11 August 2022| No Xenoblades Allowed
Pluralize it and say we already have one Xenoblade. I pray someone better than me at gif editing can make the right captions and boxarts.

NxgEkoQ.gif

I know, right. Fruit pieces don't belong in yoghurt, they belong on pi— wait, what?

It's not enough to have Kraft smooth peanut butter.

It has to be whipped so it is soft and fluffy peanut butter when spreading on toast or fresh baked pillsbury flaky rolls

I don't like eating yogurt without the fruit in it because my brain thinks I'm eating pudding if it's just plain yogurt. So, it just messes up my brain cause it's expecting pudding taste not yogurt. lol

There are like 4 different Xenoblade Chronicles 3 threads on this forum, how difficult it is to NOT POST SPOILERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom