• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will not say what I saw when I was looking for horse memes here even in hide posts. Kind of ruined my sense of mind for the day
Here maybe this will help your sense of mind:
3a89027ce7d1dd08945a9652a52e1b16.jpg

When I get back from vacation I think I'm gonna try to start a weekly bestiary dev log for my game. Each week I'll include 5-10 enemies and some details about them in-game along with a few details about how I made them out of existing assets since I don't have any artistic skill.

Does that sound like something you'll all enjoy?

Got this review done for my friends at Ultra N Podcast (content in Brazilian Portuguese);

It's a fun little racing game on the eShop, super charming, with a neat rewind mechanic;... mostly done by one guy! Also, goes without saying it's inspired by OutRun and Top Gear (especially the former) and .. caught me out of guard, but also chockful of SONIC references..

When I get back from vacation I think I'm gonna try to start a weekly bestiary dev log for my game. Each week I'll include 5-10 enemies and some details about them in-game along with a few details about how I made them out of existing assets since I don't have any artistic skill.

Does that sound like something you'll all enjoy?
YEEAAAAAAH

Quick with all the weebs gone playing XC3 let's talk about our favorite WRPGs and why Might and Magic 7 is the best one
Dragon Age: Origins....

Damn. I love that game. So many interesting stories to play through meeting so many interesting characters.

- The origin system is fun and adds a bit of guidance to the roleplay and also provides replayability

- The combat and progression feels excellent.

- The scenarios are cool

- The lore is deep

- The story is great and full of twists

It's a bit too cliche at times but I love it dearly. Its a easy contender for my Top10 favorite games.

It really blends into an excellent game and its probably the last great RPG Bioware ever made.

looks like Analogue Pocket is planning to launch the ability to take screenshots (like you could day 1 on the Nintendo wii in 2006) in September. hopefully it doesn't get delayed too much longer beyond that

Oh yeah Divinity Original Sin 2 probably tops M&M7. At least in the gameplay department. Not the nostalgia department of course.
funnily enough I didn't warm up to that game. I really tried tho. I don't know why but I thought the first Island/area dragged waaaay too much.

The jail part of it was a bit of a slog but once you break out and explore the rest I was hopelessly addicted. I didn't want Fort Joy to end.
Maybe I'll try it again sometime in the future.

It’s basic as hell, but my favorite WRPG is Oblivion. That game was life-changing for fifteen year-old me. It was my first RPG besides Pokémon.

It’s basic as hell, but my favorite WRPG is Oblivion. That game was life-changing for fifteen year-old me. It was my first RPG besides Pokémon.
Oblivion was definitely a revelation when it launched. I remember the wild claims about radiant AI and all that crazy Todd-hype, it was quite a time.

I’m inclined to say the same thing, tbh. Even though I can’t stand to play it nowadays because of the awful level scaling, Oblivion really is something special.

Basic bitch answer: I love the original Mass Effect. The gameplay is, you know, serviceable, but I will be damned if they didn’t do an excellent job creating a fun universe to explore. It got me to read media outside the game. I never do that!

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
if you spend your life trying to make other people happy, especially family or people you’re “obligated” to, you won’t — and also you’ll be miserable

you have to follow what’s right for you

doing good for others can only come from a base of good in yourself. and there are a thousand different things that can look like, and it’s never perfect.

but knowing what you don’t want and knowing what makes you miserable is hands down one of the most important skills you can have

you can try different shit ‘til you die. conceding to misery is a lonelier death than going for it.

if you spend your life trying to make other people happy, especially family or people you’re “obligated” to, you won’t — and also you’ll be miserable

doing good for others can only come from a base of good in yourself. and there are a thousand different things that can look like, and it’s never perfect.

but knowing what you don’t want and knowing what makes you miserable is hands down one of the most important skills you can have

you can try different shit ‘til you die. conceding to misery is a lonelier death than going for it.
👏👏👏

My favorite WRPG has to be Divinity: Original Sin 2. Shadowrun Dragonfall and the first two Fallout games are pretty cool too. Does Diablo count?

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
As someone who specializes in doing things because it's what's expected of me, let me tell you: do not cave to what anyone says. Choose to do what makes you happy first and foremost. No one knows what's best for you better than you do. Stay strong.

Thank you! I'm not quitting my job any time soon. Fuck that. I just don't get why she's saying this now? Like I make a decent chunk of change. I finally have insurance. I finally have full time. It's an active job so I'm losing weight. I like going into work everyday for the first time in my life. So why does she want me to quit? All my other jobs have sucked and she knows it.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I know nothing about Digimon other than the VHS I had of the “movie.” Survive sounds interesting though.
Oh, I know nothing about Digimon either, but it's a monster collecting/tactics/visual novel game

aka the game I wanted Pokémon to make for years but Digimon did lol

Gunvolt 3 just keeps going to places. There is a mission where you have to destroy the core of missiles and then have to jump and race to the head of the next one as the boosters are detaching, so you gotta go fast! Good to see Inafune still have the touch (he is the action director)

IF we don’t count Dragonlance Heroes of the Lance on the NES (which is technically more of an action-adventure game than RPG, and the NES version was not developed by a western studio unlike the other ports), then my first real WRPG was Wizardry VII, a classic which was released back in 1992.

Now that I think about it, 1992 was a killer year for WRPGs because the legendary Ultima VII also released that year.

Overall, my favorite WRPG nowadays would be Divinity Original Sin 2.

Gunvolt 3 just keeps going to places. There is a mission where you have to destroy the core of missiles and then have to jump and race to the head of the next one as the boosters are detaching, so you gotta go fast! Good to see Inafune still have the touch (he is the action director)

How is the series in general? I recently got the ZX collection cause I adore advent and I tried the 3ds demo of Gunvolt 1. Not sure if it was a great idea playing it back to back but Gunvolt felt a bit floaty idk.

How is the series in general? I recently got the ZX collection cause I adore advent and I tried the 3ds demo of Gunvolt 1. Not sure if it was a great idea playing it back to back but Gunvolt felt a bit floaty idk.
Its a very good plataformer over all, with the aproach of inti creates of being easy to get in and difficult to master if you want to have high score and ranks. The main series is more skill based as you don't get weapons from enemies (IX went in that direction) and once you got the hang of the action the game flows better. Also Gunvolt is floaty, his moveset was based on that in order to get more air time.

When you randomly have a thought you don’t want to lose, sit down to do it, and realize “dang it” too late to plug into cyberslueth now. Sigh Oh well, I have nothing on my plate tomorrow, just gotta get into the groove first thing. I think I’ll do a little Noah run then some picross to calm me
Best final fights is in this film also the 1st gundam film to be in Stereo/ Dolby Surround

Fun fact, if I remember right the original mobile suit Gundam anime had a palette of only 75 colors for the entire show(Vs Sunrise’s flagship show at the time space battleship Yamato which had that many shade of gray and 300 colors to work with)

Its a very good plataformer over all, with the aproach of inti creates of being easy to get in and difficult to master if you want to have high score and ranks. The main series is more skill based as you don't get weapons from enemies (IX went in that direction) and once you got the hang of the action the game flows better. Also Gunvolt is floaty, his moveset was based on that in order to get more air time.
Ok sounds good thank you. Well if IX has weapon choice I might try that one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom