• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think I'm not a "real gamer" because I have yet to see drift on my sticks so I'm clearly not playing games enough
I’ve also not experienced drift on any of my controllers and they see extensive use. My launch pro controller did need to get its inside cleaned out after five years, but otherwise no major issues. Feel bad for people who have these issues crop up.

Ask and you shall receive (though the explosion effect rendered low res cause of my texture streaming issue because my laptop is trash)

YES!!!!

yZ2ILAs.gif

I love when things die that you KNOW they are gone! :ROFLMAO: I love that it's swiping at you too and you're just like, "Bug off!" This is how it's done!

...mandatory looks too good for Switch comment.
Haha, we don't even DESERVE how good this looks! :ROFLMAO:

Who here has beaten Zelda II? I'm playing it on NSO now but I'm relying pretty heavily on the rewind feature, specifically when I die and I'm really really close to my next upgrade.
Beat that f'er on NES, but I have to tell you, it is pretty hard, so definitely take advantage of that rewind feature, haha! Also, it's dangerous to go alone, so take this:

Nintendo Power #4

I hope you enjoy flipping through that! There's a fair bit in there on it, and the art...beautiful! I mean, check out that cover! :ROFLMAO: Best of luck, and enjoy it!

I've beaten it two/three times, the first one on NSO and the second on the Game&Watch, continued with NG+.

Do not despair, I used the rewind like there were no tomorrow. I was constantly using it almost all time, and I can tell you that... it's ok to do so. I'm actually glad that my first playthrough was on NSO, because I'm not so sure I'd have been able to tackle it without rewind on G&W. That said, I've actually enjoyed it more the second time, but I think that that is partially because I saw myself overcoming obstacles that seemed imposible the first time - and then, NG+ was a breeze, insanely easy, so I ended with an amazing satisfaction curve. So that is my advice: rewind. Rewind, rewind, rewind. Do not feel bad at all about it. And, if the future you want to tackle the game with the prior knowledge but wanting to overcome those huge obstacles, go for it. I've loved all my three playthroughs, and that wouldn't have ever happened if I haven't rewinded that much the first time.
Man, that Game & Watch looks super sweet. How do you like it?

I constantly forget about the rewind feature. Maybe it's time to finally beat my arch nemesis Ninja Gaiden lol
Oh man...REAL good luck to you with that one! Will be rewinding a lot, haha! :ROFLMAO: Worth it just to say you beat it though!

YES!!!!

yZ2ILAs.gif

I love when things die that you KNOW they are gone! :ROFLMAO: I love that it's swiping at you too and you're just like, "Bug off!" This is how it's done!
Most of the enemies just have a normal death animation where they like fall down or flail back or whatever, but for the ones that don't look satisfying I've been trying to add these kinda SPLAT particles.

Maybe all of them should have those.

Man, that Game & Watch looks super sweet. How do you like it?
I love it! To be fair, I've already beaten all three games prior - Link's Awakening DX is probably the game I've completed most times in my life. But (a) beating for the first time TLOZ Second Quest, (b) beating Zelda II without rewinds, and (c) all this in a proper D-Pad (not the Switch buttons), made it a really, really sweet experience. And on top of that, having all the games with their regional differences is the cherry on top.

I just realized .hack gu switch digital still hasn’t gotten a sale 😦 I hope it gets half off soon. Been wanting to try that series
That feels like a week too early IMO
It’s usually in the first 2 weeks. We’ve actually seen quite a few in the first week

Ask and you shall receive (though the explosion effect rendered low res cause of my texture streaming issue because my laptop is trash)

hell yeah buddy this fuckin’ rules

A lot of people replied to my Zelda II post and I'm glad my choice of using rewind is approved lol. I did beat the first one on the Game & Watch just last week, but everything I heard about the second suggested the rewind feature was almost essential. I'm still trying to be conservative with it, I only try to resort to it when I'm close to an upgrade and dying is going to reset my points.

I'm also using a map to know where things are, but only in the overworld. I don't want to use a full-on guide so I still have some sense of agency.

All that aside, I think this really is a very interesting game. These RPG-style encounters are so odd for a Zelda game, but it's not bad, it makes it an interesting point in history. I also feel like the controls are pretty good all things considered, it feels pretty smooth for the time.

I bought a new PC in April.

In 4 months:

1. Defective PSU fried the GPU
2. GPU was out for repair 2 months
3. Got the GPU back, I discovered the MOBO crashes with externally powered GPU (possibly because of the defective PSU?)
4. Got the MOBO back, the CPU cooler broke.

I spent 1000 euro on a PC four months ago and I’ve yet to play a single game on it.

The only parts I’ve yet to change are CPU, RAM and SSD.

Every fiber of my body hates this PC.

i see on my timeline people (i assume they're PS fans) going crazy over Stray........whats sad that the Nintendo audience didnt do the same when the superior Annapura game release on switch last month (neon white).

Xenoblade 3 won't arrive until Monday... which is fine, because I also won't arrive in the UK until Monday. Plus, I still need to finish Live Alive.

Less than an hour of work until I'm off for almost three weeks. Life is good decent.

Got a call from my boss during lunch who wanted "a quick chat" to check on me. Gave me a mini heart attack when he just wanted to give me some quick (great!) feedback before the holidays.

i see on my timeline people (i assume they're PS fans) going crazy over Stray........whats sad that the Nintendo audience didnt do the same when the superior Annapura game release on switch last month (neon white).
I really, really like everything I have seen about Neon White, but that game gives me strong "will eventually get a late physical release" vibes, and I don't want to double-dip.

Getting home work knowing I have two weeks free to finish Xenoblade DE and chill the fuck out after a stressful few months:

Spent it doing nothing but browsing Tik Tok and feeling sad for myself:

Last edited:
I bought a new PC in April.

In 4 months:

1. Defective PSU fried the GPU
2. GPU was out for repair 2 months
3. Got the GPU back, I discovered the MOBO crashes with externally powered GPU (possibly because of the defective PSU?)
4. Got the MOBO back, the CPU cooler broke.

I spent 1000 euro on a PC four months ago and I’ve yet to play a single game on it.

The only parts I’ve yet to change are CPU, RAM and SSD.

Every fiber of my body hates this PC.
UnYeah!

Damn that’s nice

I woke up to ”it’s garbage day”

makes sense for Xenoblade

oh my god it’s a joke, don’t yell at me
don't worry

I'm a weeb

it's therefore in my nature to be timid and avoid conflict

In before BOTW2 will be recycling day.
oh shit

I am actually genuinely happy for Xenoblade fans

and frankly

I’m very happy Xenoblade 3 seems to have backtracked from the… morally questionable character designs from 2. At least from what I’ve seen (not much tbh)

they should make Xenoblade 2 Naive Angel Mode

Also I’m going to be honest: it’s an extremely minor thing, but I think the Japanese series title “Xenoblade” sounds wayyyy slicker and better than “Xenoblade Chronicles.” I have always found “Chronicles” a very clunky word to put into a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom