• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanna shout out to my launch Pro Controller - it's been at my side for 5 years, experiencing all kinds of torture from my kids and falls from heights. Still working perfectly - durability is insane.

Meanwhile both of my Series X launch controllers barely survives a fall from 40cm before breaking.
Durability is dreadful.

Playing Multiversus and somehow the Neutral and Side Attacks get swapped when using Legacy controls lol.

Also the knockback tutorial is straight up bugged. You need to press the home button to reset fall damage.

I've played a little bit of MultiVersus, and sadly, I don't jive with the game.. everything feels so off, especially the gravity (floatier than Brawl). just makes me want to play Smash instead..

Well, maybe if they add a character I'm super into, .. I dunno, The Mask or Red Guy from Chick & Cow, I give it another chance.

Pretty sure the first WRPG I played was Might & Magic II, and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing coming from Final Fantasy. I didn't understand basic things like needing to search the ground for treasure (since FF effectively does that for you) or that you can rest whenever you want without needing to use an item. Needless to say, I didn't get very far :ROFLMAO:

Most recent I played was Mass Effect 1. I liked it but the combat stressed me out and the grenade discs were a pain to use properly (I swear I have depth perception issues especially with first-person games). I don't think I got much more than 1/3rd of the way through but I enjoyed what I played. Would love to go back to it at some point and play through it, but I think I just jive more with JRPGs, particularly the Nintendo and Square-Enix ones and their derivatives.

Thank you! I'm not quitting my job any time soon. Fuck that. I just don't get why she's saying this now?
Most likely she's thinking about her needs not yours.

In my experience, family is weird. I know my family would absolutely love for me to move back home but I enjoy where I am currently (and being on my own) and you couldn't pay me enough to move in with my parents again.

Pretty sure the first WRPG I played was Might & Magic II, and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing coming from Final Fantasy. I didn't understand basic things like needing to search the ground for treasure (since FF effectively does that for you) or that you can rest whenever you want without needing to use an item. Needless to say, I didn't get very far :ROFLMAO:
Those first few games absolutely hated the player, qol wise.

Best thing about M&M2 though was that there was a zone where a huge explosion went off years in the past and if you manage to step into it via teleportation (you can't get there normally since every other tile surrounding it kills a random character) gives you a horrifying description of your party melting in agony due to intensely concentrated radiation.

Also the fact that you can eat a dish called "roast peasant" and then get attacked by large groups of peasants in response.

just dropping by to say

3MdJqFU.jpg

Reading a post saying that Nintendo drags down the rest of the gaming industry and are just as anti-consumer as Activision and Ubisoft.
Yeah, no. That person is full of shit. Even at their worst, Nintendo is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as Ubisoft or Activision. Having a lackluster online service isn't even in the same universe as having a work environment that fosters SEXUAL ABUSE, to the point of a female employee COMMITTING SUICIDE.

Nintendo's nowhere near as bad as the companies that use lootboxes and other microtransactions that SPECIFICALLY target neurodivergent people. Fuck off with your false equivalence bullshit.

I was literally trying to be wholesome, how did it come across as threatening? 🧐
Haha the "enjoy them while they last" bit kinda came off as "they won't be there for long!" for some reason. I didn't think you were trying to be threatening of course.

Literally woke up with the Xenoblade 3 battle theme playing in my head. Like literally open my eyes and I am hearing it mid-song. My sleep is going to be fucked these next few weeks.

Most recent I played was Mass Effect 1. I liked it but the combat stressed me out and the grenade discs were a pain to use properly (I swear I have depth perception issues especially with first-person games). I don't think I got much more than 1/3rd of the way through but I enjoyed what I played. Would love to go back to it at some point and play through it, but I think I just jive more with JRPGs, particularly the Nintendo and Square-Enix ones and their derivatives.

Most likely she's thinking about her needs not yours.

In my experience, family is weird. I know my family would absolutely love for me to move back home but I enjoy where I am currently (and being on my own) and you couldn't pay me enough to move in with my parents again.
But I'm not far away? I see my family decently often (not as much lately but that's because I was quarantine for two weeks). I'm literally an hour down the road. I come back every week. It's just super weird.

Literally woke up with the Xenoblade 3 battle theme playing in my head. Like literally open my eyes and I am hearing it mid-song. My sleep is going to be fucked these next few weeks.
I've been having dreams in blueprints. It's really bad.

Reading a post saying that Nintendo drags down the rest of the gaming industry and are just as anti-consumer as Activision and Ubisoft.
Yeah, no. That person is full of shit. Even at their worst, Nintendo is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as Ubisoft or Activision. Having a lackluster online service isn't even in the same universe as having a work environment that fosters SEXUAL ABUSE, to the point of a female employee COMMITTING SUICIDE.

Nintendo's nowhere near as bad as the companies that use lootboxes and other microtransactions that SPECIFICALLY target neurodivergent people. Fuck off with your false equivalence bullshit.
anti-consumer is the most misused word and people love to throw it around way too much.

Its to many synonymous for:"I don't like this. So it is anti-consumer."

There are legitimate concerns of course.
Nintendo is no saint but too often it isn't posted in good faith and it adds nothing to the discussion.

Respect for finding out that companies only care about money I guess?

Like for example launching 60 Dollar Remasters may be too much for many but this has nothing to do with anti-consumer practices.

A real anti-consumer practice is limited stock like for 3D Allstars making it artificially scarce so that you are inclined to buy it.

Or all the dozens of microtransactions that plague modern games.

Anyone have an extra North American code for the PS5 beta? I usually always get them emailed to me, but I guess I didn't make the cut this time.

DKC 1-3, especially 2, are among my favorite OSTs of all time, but I've always had a hard time describing the genre. Obviously there are a ton of different influences there but I've decided from now on I'll refer to the OST as croc 'n' roll.

Thanks Sus🤘

Happy Kate Bush day Stranger Things fans!

Those first few games absolutely hated the player, qol wise.

Best thing about M&M2 though was that there was a zone where a huge explosion went off years in the past and if you manage to step into it via teleportation (you can't get there normally since every other tile surrounding it kills a random character) gives you a horrifying description of your party melting in agony due to intensely concentrated radiation.

Also the fact that you can eat a dish called "roast peasant" and then get attacked by large groups of peasants in response.
Not gonna lie, both of those things sound kinda amazing in a dark way. Assuming you remembered to save beforehand.

DKC 1-3, especially 2, are among my favorite OSTs of all time, but I've always had a hard time describing the genre. Obviously there are a ton of different influences there but I've decided from now on I'll refer to the OST as croc 'n' roll.

Thanks Sus🤘
it always strikes me as having a bit of funk and techno influence, y’know? Plus some pop of the era

one might call it Funko Pop wait NO

Not gonna lie, both of those things sound kinda amazing in a dark way. Assuming you remembered to save beforehand.
Well yeah they are both amazing. I think the peasant one is part of a quest so you need to do it anyway. The joke is the game is so janky already that you just assume it's a typo for pheasant but then the group of peasants "smell the scent of their kin on your breath" or something and get enraged.

Though there's also a dish called "red hot wolf nipple chips" so I guess when it comes to food in that game expect the unexpected.

The worst I have in mine so far is "split harpy soup"

On the one hand I’m hype to give live a live a proper go. On the other hand I’m in the groove on other stuff that I’m fine waiting for a sale. Since the Target B2G1F should be in September it’s not like it’s a long wait

Been a Kate Bush fan for a long time now, and I'm extremely happy to see her make a resurgence. Hounds of Love might be her best album, but my personal favorite is The Dreaming for how experimental it is and for it's somewhat angry tone. Get Out of my House, in particular, is my favorite track of hers. There's an aggressive melancholy in her performance, and for pop music standards, the song is completely out there in the best way possible.

Well yeah they are both amazing. I think the peasant one is part of a quest so you need to do it anyway. The joke is the game is so janky already that you just assume it's a typo for pheasant but then the group of peasants "smell the scent of their kin on your breath" or something and get enraged.

Though there's also a dish called "red hot wolf nipple chips" so I guess when it comes to food in that game expect the unexpected.

The worst I have in mine so far is "split harpy soup"
Speed reading through this, I thought you were listing Kate Bush tracks for a second lol.

Like, I never heard her song "Red Hot Wolf Nipple Chips" before. 😂

I tried to finish 13 Sentinels last night but had to sleep early because of a migraine... I only get maybe a few per year but man, they suck.

Hoping to power through it today, I'm really close to finishing. I have so many games in my PC/switch library, so I'm trying to hold off on new games until September.

I love porcerer!
He's a good pig, it's a shame that he's an enemy. I've grown to like all these things so much that it's a shame any of them are just things you need to kill.

I had mulled over the idea of making a full pacifist mode but I can't for the life of me figure out an easy way to do that with the combat system as it is. Or in an open-world game to begin with.

He's a good pig, it's a shame that he's an enemy. I've grown to like all these things so much that it's a shame any of them are just things you need to kill.

I had mulled over the idea of making a full pacifist mode but I can't for the life of me figure out an easy way to do that with the combat system as it is. Or in an open-world game to begin with.
revenge game plus

band together as the creatures for justice

stat points and SKATE letters are in, toilers!

“lol I’ll make a basic Pokémon-like game to keep it simple enough to learn”

jk let’s see how many lunar mechanics I can cram into simple actions
I'm running into this same issue. I have so many great ideas for features and locations and RPG systems and even a god damn minecart level where you need to currently time jumps in a first person wrpg of all things but I'm trying really hard to keep this simple since it's literally just a one person project and will be my first game.
revenge game plus

band together as the creatures for justice
Maybe that'll be the sequel. Or DLC.

I tried to finish 13 Sentinels last night but had to sleep early because of a migraine... I only get maybe a few per year but man, they suck.

Hoping to power through it today, I'm really close to finishing. I have so many games in my PC/switch library, so I'm trying to hold off on new games until September.
13 sentinels was a joy. Might become one of the games I replay once I forget about the plot:ROFLMAO:

Entry 1 of my weekly(/semi-weekly) bestiary log is live!

You need a dragontaur girl who’s primary move is swallowing your opponents whole and breathing lightning. I may have been influenced by the Kanna post

Still very early goings in Xenoblade 3 but I'm finding myself liking the gameplay more than DE and WAY more than 2.

I was going to start this after I played the other two games in the collection. But man... I'm really not a fan of Circle of the Moon. It's not the worse Castlevania game by any means, but it's the one that disappointed me the most.
I really didn’t like Circle of the Moon the first time I tried to play it

I tried again months later and accepted it as it was, and then ended up having a really good time with it!

I was going to start this after I played the other two games in the collection. But man... I'm really not a fan of Circle of the Moon. It's not the worse Castlevania game by any means, but it's the one that disappointed me the most.
Will be interesting how much I'll like the other games in the collection because AoS set the bar incredibly high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom