• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Nov. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been looking at the current PSN sale and see some things I hope get price drops on switch (like the ridiculously overpriced Darius collections). I assume we will get massive sales as always through the end of the year.

On my wishlist, Tetris Effect, Toem, Castlevania Advance Collection, The Lion's Song, I Am Dead, To The Moon, Paradise Killer, The Last Campfire, Raji, among the things discounted.

Definitely going to pick up Toem, probably Tetris Effect, maybe some other things.

From my Deku Deals wishlist:
UK:
Blaster Master Zero 2 - 50% off - 4.49 - Matches previous low
Assault Android Cactus+ - 70% off - 5.39 - Lowest ever
What the Golf - 40% off - 10.79 - Lowest ever
Manifold Garden - 40% off - 9.71 - Lowest ever

Ohh, that's a big EU sale.

I was planning on buying LEGO Marvel Superheroes 1 physically eventually, but I can't resist that 50% off price, bought!

Also, I gotta highlight Grandia HD Collection (50% off); I heard about if first in purple town roughly a year ago, thanks to one of these types of thread, and it quickly became one of my favourite purchases in recent memory, letting me experience the Grandia series for the 1st time.

It's a visually flawed collection (gameplay bugs have been ironed out since release), but it's soooo worth it if you get to experience them as a newcomer IMO.

Ohh, that's a big EU sale.

I was planning on buying LEGO Marvel Superheroes 1 physically eventually, but I can't resist that 50% off price, bought!

Also, I gotta highlight Grandia HD Collection (50% off); I heard about if first in purple town roughly a year ago, thanks to one of these types of thread, and it quickly became one of my favourite purchases in recent memory, letting me experience the Grandia series for the 1st time.

It's a visually flawed collection (gameplay bugs have been ironed out since release), but it's soooo worth it if you get to experience them as a newcomer IMO.
Beat 1 a few months back and it’s a blast, I’m working on 2 and I think I’m pretty far
just passed through Ryudo’s hometown and I’m headed up the mountain now

Just got the notification that Dodgeball Academia and Ys IX went on sale so I totally hopped on those!

Ys VIII was an amazing experience + that company has another long running rpg series that I really like so it was a no brainer! (I'd normally but it on release, but since I'm already drowning jrpgs I decided to wait on a sale and voila here we are! im sorry wallet)

And Dodgeball Academia just looks super charming and I really wanna give it a try!

edit:
Oh crap Ori and the Will of the Wisp is also on sale! Decided to get it eventho I barely touched the first game.. but from what I saw it was too gorgeous not to support! This sale is not good for me. 🥲 ill get around to playing all these games some day..

Soo many good games one sale, it's crazy!!

Last edited:
neither Good Job nor The Strechers on the big sale, ugh :-/

Looking for impressions on game/performance on these games on sale that are part of my wishlist and that I’m not sure about:

Travis Strikes Again: NMH (love NMH but this didn’t appeal to me back then, is it an highscore game? How good is gameplay?)
TT Isle of Mann 2
Shiren The Wanderer
(love Shiren, how’s this one and is it a good port?)
RAD
Dodgeball Academia
Black Future 88
Sludge life
Panzer Paladin

Tony hawk (it’s 30fps right? :/)
Pixel game maker: buraigun galaxy storm
Olija
Cyber Shadow
Bubble Bobble 4 Friends

Last edited:
Yup, it's on sale on the UK eShop.

Down to £40.
My mistake. I should have specified NA. Bad habit of assuming they mean NA on the internet.

Also, I am not sure why I thought the NA sale was today/this week. It's most likely next Wednesday for us. Maybe because I thought today was Thanksgiving. Oopsies.

Okay guys, help me out here. I am craving an arcade racer. Which to get? Burnout or Need for Speed?

I'm also considering Slay the Spire for €10.
Get Burnout Paradise if you:
  • Love crashing cars more than racing
  • Urban setting is your thing
  • prefer sharp turns and dangerous paths
  • Don't care about car brands
  • Like rock & punk
  • Love collecting stuff

Get Hot Pursuit if you:
  • care about racing, doesn't matter how
  • Love country & nature setting
  • Prefer more safer tracks
  • are fan of big name car brands
  • Love any kind of popular music

Okay guys, help me out here. I am craving an arcade racer. Which to get? Burnout or Need for Speed?

Get Burnout Paradise if you:
  • Love crashing cars more than racing
  • Urban setting is your thing
  • prefer sharp turns and dangerous paths
  • Don't care about car brands
  • Like rock & punk
  • Love collecting stuff

Get Hot Pursuit if you:
  • care about racing, doesn't matter how
  • Love country & nature setting
  • Prefer more safer tracks
  • are fan of big name car brands
  • Love any kind of popular music
Also, Burnout is 60fps, while (I believe, I can't vouch first-hand) NFS is 30fps.

Don’t forget Cruis’n Blast!! A real arcade racer that actually came from the arcades.

It’s on sale for £19.99. Don’t sleep on it. 60fps too.

Shout out for Star or Shovelware:

https://www.youtube.com/c/StarorShovelware

Reviews some relatively obscure games and also regularly calls out Shovelware / Asset Swap merchants, such as Pix Arts, Kistler Benjamin and Sabec.
Haha this is great! I'll definitely watch some content.
Thanks for the recommendations, I just subscribed to Switch Up and Switch Corner.

Slay the Spire is incredible, for 10€ you really can't go wrong.

I'm looking to Disc Room and Olija first, two Devolver games I don't own yet. Pretty excited to play both, actually.

Other two possible purchases are Fell Seal, which got a lot of praise in the old eShop threads, and Astalon.

Speaking of it, I've seen Astalon was review bombed on Metacritic, judging from the poor user score. It's published by Dangen, I can't remember what were the issues with this company but there was something going on with it.

If your're looking for more curated tracks & courses, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered. If you want something more akin to Forza Horizon series, Burnout Paradise. There are times I actually prefer the former because sometimes I get burned out on...Burnout and its open-world structure and just want to focus more on course handling. Paradise let's you improvise more but it also takes away of the challenge of mastering a track.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone!
I'm leaning towards Burnout now, but I'll probably get them both down the line since I have always liked the older NFS games, and I love German cars.

Slay the Spire has been on my wishlist for a while, I was about to buy it when I saw Dragon's Dogma also on sale in my wishlist... I'll sleep on it for another night to choose between these two.

Looking for impressions on game/performance on these games on sale that are part of my wishlist and that I’m not sure about:

Travis Strikes Again: NMH (love NMH but this didn’t appeal to me back then, is it an highscore game? How good is gameplay?)
TT Isle of Mann 2
Tony hawk
(it’s 30fps right? :/)
Sludge life
Olija
Shiren The Wanderer
RAD
Dodgeball Academia
Black Future 88
Bubble Bobble 4 Friends
Panzer Paladin or Cyber Shadow?
The only issue I had with Olija was a couple of crashes throughout my play through. Still one of my favourite games this year.

I'd also highly recommend Disc Room.

• Disc Room £13.49 £6.74 -50%
An amazing game for that price. A brilliant mix of action with a fair hint of puzzle to the room. Can get quite tough but for the price you'll get your money's worth before you out it down

Bought Toem and The Last Campfire today. I might get Tetris Effect next week, but I do also want Eastward and KOTOR before Christmas so who knows.

Bought Toem and The Last Campfire today. I might get Tetris Effect next week, but I do also want Eastward and KOTOR before Christmas so who knows.

I really liked Toem, very charming game. The Last Campfire I thought was decent as well.

That's a nice looking sale, though I must say that Deku Deals' "68 items on your wishlist are on sale" email was a little daunting! For now, I've plumped for Castlevania Advance Collection, Arietta of Spirits, Quake and A Good Snowman is Hard to Build.

Also tempting are the Blizzard Arcade Collection, OIija and Grindstone, but I've not quite convinced myself on thosse yet (I might buy Olija on the PS Store).

That's a nice looking sale, though I must say that Deku Deals' "68 items on your wishlist are on sale" email was a little daunting! For now, I've plumped for Castlevania Advance Collection, Arietta of Spirits, Quake and A Good Snowman is Hard to Build.

Also tempting are the Blizzard Arcade Collection, OIija and Grindstone, but I've not quite convinced myself on thosse yet (I might buy Olija on the PS Store).
If you enjoy A Good Snowman is Hard to Build, I'd also recommend A Monster's Expedition, which is sort of its sequel. It has not only brilliant puzzles, but also an exciting open-worldish adventure thing going on. It's one of my favourite games on Switch.

TT Isle of Mann 2
Tony hawk
(it’s 30fps right? :/)
Sludge life
Olija
Shiren The Wanderer
RAD
Dodgeball Academia
Black Future 88
Bubble Bobble 4 Friends
Panzer Paladin or Cyber Shadow?
I played Cyber Shadow on release, it’s really good with varied and tight gameplay. It’s a little tough in places but the checkpoints are generous and it has a cool mechanic where you can buy power-ups at checkpoints if you feel you need them, and the power-ups are usually good picks for the section/boss ahead.

Some games I'm considering

The Long Dark 66% off
Katamari Damaci Reroll 75% off
Woven 92% off
Bug Fables 40% off
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark 66% off
Little Misfortune 65% off
Ashen 62% off
Suzerain 25% off
Knights & Guns 93% off
Trigger Witch 30%
Induction 75%
Rip Them Off 20%
Genesis Noir 35%
Get-a-Grip Chip 40%
Space Otter Charlie 25%
Sir Lovelot 40%
PAKO Caravan 70%
Aground 34%
Gods Will Fall 65%

Genesis Noir 35%
I played Genesis Noir on Switch at launch, and at least at the time it had some pretty annoying bugs (I had to replay through a specific ~5 minute sequence three times before it advanced correctly to a cutscene) and the performance wasn't great. The beautiful visuals also slightly suffer from being on the Switch. I'd recommend playing it on a different platform if you have the option.

I suppose it's also worth mentioning that there isn't much game in it, it's more of an audiovisual experience with light interactivity. A very interesting audiovisual experience, but just so you know.

Katamari Damaci Reroll 75% off
Put this on in the background

and go buy it immediately.

I played Cyber Shadow on release, it’s really good with varied and tight gameplay. It’s a little tough in places but the checkpoints are generous and it has a cool mechanic where you can buy power-ups at checkpoints if you feel you need them, and the power-ups are usually good picks for the section/boss ahead.

Cool! I have to say that I’m more intrigued by Panzer Paladin’s mecha characters and looks, but CS got so many recommendations that I can’t just ignore that hehe

I own both on Switch (and other platforms too).

Have you tried NfS before? Imo it handles awful you feel like you’re steering a 20Tons Tank instead of a supercar, and 30fps are very disappointing. Too bad because the game looks really good and has a ton of content and I like the missions and the world, albeit ‘open’, has predetermined ‘linear’ roads where the races on the map take place, so you won’t find yourself reacting more to the environment to understand where to go instead of focusing on the race like with Paradise).

Burnout Paradise is great but I have never liked it for its open world design, because it’s a mess knowing where to go, the world and art are really samey so learning the map is really frustrating as is watching your turning lights to understand which turn to take when you’re speeding at 200km/h with 7 cars chasing you. That made the experience very frustrating to me. Gameplay and performance are flawless, tho I’m still cautious about recommending it: I was never able to learn the map well enough to make my mine gripe with the game a non-issue, but ymmv.

If you enjoy A Good Snowman is Hard to Build, I'd also recommend A Monster's Expedition, which is sort of its sequel. It has not only brilliant puzzles, but also an exciting open-worldish adventure thing going on. It's one of my favourite games on Switch.
Yeah uh, I think I must consider trying some of these Draknek publisher's games. I see the quite glowing reception they get.

A Monster's Expedition seems the finest of all, it's currently on sale and I'm adding it to this sale's list.

Yeah uh, I think I must consider trying some of these Draknek publisher's games. I see the quite glowing reception they get.

A Monster's Expedition seems the finest of all, it's currently on sale and I'm adding it to this sale's list.
You can get them cheaper in a bundle:

A Monster's Expedition
A Good Snowman is hard to build
Cosmic Express
Sokobond

All quality titles

Yep, not any result in dekudeals either. At least it’s at 42€ in Amazon.es

Got Metroid Dread on day1 at Amazon.es preordered back when it showed up for €37,45 (shipping included since I have .es Prime), although DDeals doesn’t reflect that in its price history, weird. What a steal that was, Amazon.es oftentimes has the best deals between the various Amazons.

Btw, that RIVERBOND game for 1€ looks pretty cool?
edit: I hate how hard it is to write above someone’s quote when on Famiboards mobile! I don’t get it, isn’t this more or less the same mb code as Era and Install Base?

Btw, NINJA WARRIORS AGAIN / Ninja Saviors Return of the Warriors is 50%off, less than a tenner for a stunner, go buy it
I wish all 2D retro releases/remake where as good as this and the fantastic Wild Guns Reloaded. These guys are amazing.

Also, CLOCKWORK AQUARIO coming on the 30th for €19,90 and Dodonpachi Resurrection on the 25th for €16,90

Sam&Max Beyond Time and Space on the 25th and it’s 8€ on the Russian eShop (yes I’m legit allowed to buy from there since I own a little business in Russia but I don’t have a problem with anyone shopping there) I would’ve waited for a 50%off sale but for that price I’m going to preorder because the game is great, maybe TellTales’ best.

If you’re looking for a really easy, first dungeon-crawler experience for a younger audience, maybe to play mp (4p) with your little kids (4yo to 8yo I’d say), RIVERBOND is 90%off and less than 2€. NintendoLife gave it 7/10 but I think that’s a little generous, still it’s good to introduce people to the genre and see if they might like it, and having 4p local mp (same screen only) is always nice.

Last edited:
Cool! I have to say that I’m more intrigued by Panzer Paladin’s mecha characters and looks, but CS got so many recommendations that I can’t just ignore that hehe

I own both on Switch (and other platforms too).

Have you tried NfS before? Imo it handles awful you feel like you’re steering a 20Tons Tank instead of a supercar, and 30fps are very disappointing. Too bad because the game looks really good and has a ton of content and I like the missions and the world, albeit ‘open’, has predetermined ‘linear’ roads where the races on the map take place, so you won’t find yourself reacting more to the environment to understand where to go instead of focusing on the race like with Paradise).

Burnout Paradise is great but I have never liked it for its open world design, because it’s a mess knowing where to go, the world and art are really samey so learning the map is really frustrating as is watching your turning lights to understand which turn to take when you’re speeding at 200km/h with 7 cars chasing you. That made the experience very frustrating to me. Gameplay and performance are flawless, tho I’m still cautious about recommending it: I was never able to learn the map well enough to make my mine gripe with the game a non-issue, but ymmv.
Thanks for the impressions!

I've played Underground, the old and reboot Most Wanted games. I liked the older NFS games, the reboot was not bad I guess, it was too different from the old one.

Reading your impression seems like you're more of a fan of Burnout? I just find it important to have a good amount of content, fun tracks, great cars, and of course fun to control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom