• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Nov. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Loop Hero releases next week. Admittedly, I haven't got what it is about yet, but that soundtrack, holy shit! I'm considering buying it for that absolutely astounding OST and for that alone. I really can't stress enough how spectacular it is.
Unfortunately, I'm a Switch icon purist from that dedicated thread in the old place, and I obviously can't unsee the white line below:

black.php

Believe me, it drives me crazy!
And I'm afraid Devolver Digital does't care at all, no matter how many times I try on their Twitter account.

Also, Archvale tempts me so much and releases tomorrow! It's like Zelda Vs. Enter the Gungeon, what else can you possibly ask for?

I just want to wait for some reviews, particularly for performance opinions.

Also, Archvale tempts me so much and releases tomorrow! It's like Zelda Vs. Enter the Gungeon, what else can you possibly ask for?
This looks great, and a little bit reminiscent of Itta, which also fuses Zelda exploration and Gungeon bullet hell, by way of Hyper Light Drifter. I think Itta is an underrated gem! It has a great sense of mystery and dark lore, with amazing pixel art and really dreamy vapourwave tunes that add to the mystical atmosphere. It's a very stylish and fun game that I couldn't stop playing until I made it to the end. Thoroughly recommended. I have high hopes for Archvale too!

This looks great, and a little bit reminiscent of Itta, which also fuses Zelda exploration and Gungeon bullet hell, by way of Hyper Light Drifter. I think Itta is an underrated gem! It has a great sense of mystery and dark lore, with amazing pixel art and really dreamy vapourwave tunes that add to the mystical atmosphere. It's a very stylish and fun game that I couldn't stop playing until I made it to the end. Thoroughly recommended. I have high hopes for Archvale too!
Thanks for the recommendation. With the ridiculous amount of games that never cease to pop, I was starting to forget about Itta. But it's absolutely a game I'd likely enjoy a lot. Good to know it's high quality.
Problem is, we can't possibly play everything, can we?

I have the money ready to throw at Archvale, the moment it appears on the eShop. I'm just a little concerned about performance as I've already said, but then EtG wasn't perfect and I still invested more than 200 hours on it.
So let's see how it plays on the Switch.

The Pac-Man 99 DLC packs are 50% off right now, with individual themes 30% off each. I used some gold coins to get the "Mode Unlock" DLC, which consists of the CPU Battle, Score Attack and Blind Time Attack modes, as well as a few themes. (Deluxe Pack is all that plus every theme; didn't seem worth the extra cost to me).

I've been playing around with these modes and both Score Attack and Blind Time Attack are fun, but tough! (At least for me...I may have a Pac-Man avatar but I'm no expert player by any means.) They're nice twists on two aspects of the original (The goal of Score Attack is to get the arcade max score and Blind Time Attack involves trying to clear all the mazes) and complement the main 99 game well. Going back to Pac-Man 99 also reminded me how much fun that game is.

The Pac-Man 99 DLC packs are 50% off right now, with individual themes 30% off each. I used some gold coins to get the "Mode Unlock" DLC, which consists of the CPU Battle, Score Attack and Blind Time Attack modes, as well as a few themes. (Deluxe Pack is all that plus every theme; didn't seem worth the extra cost to me).

I've been playing around with these modes and both Score Attack and Blind Time Attack are fun, but tough! (At least for me...I may have a Pac-Man avatar but I'm no expert player by any means.) They're nice twists on two aspects of the original (The goal of Score Attack is to get the arcade max score and Blind Time Attack involves trying to clear all the mazes) and complement the main 99 game well. Going back to Pac-Man 99 also reminded me how much fun that game is.
Nice to know. Was thinking about biting on this and didn’t realize there was a lower tier of DLC with the game modes. Some of the themes, although cool, seem to “noisy” to be able to effectively play the game.

I know this isn't Nintendo but it's a good deal anyway: Castlevania SotN + Rondo are 75% off on the PS Store right now.

yessss!! ACA NEOGEO THE KING OF FIGHTERS '97 on sale again for the first time in literally 2 years!!!

based deku deal notifications

I'm going to be playing on Xbox via GP, but I'm looking forward to Archvale. The reviews are looking pretty good and the main theme is that is just fun to play, so it should be a good romp.

Archvale OpenCritic

Ok Archvale runs great, and it's a blast.

It's like I needed this one. Just don't be fool playing it at hardcore. I completed the Ammonomicon in EtG and believe me, this is something else lol. You can try, sure, but keep in mind you can't change the difficulty once you've started your playthrough. I'm going to start a new game at medium.

Ok Archvale runs great, and it's a blast.

It's like I needed this one. Just don't be fool playing it at hardcore. I completed the Ammonomicon in EtG and believe me, this is something else lol. You can try, sure, but keep in mind you can't change the difficulty once you've started your playthrough. I'm going to start a new game at medium.
Ok, I was going to try and hold off, but I think you sold me on it... How is the soundtrack?

Ok, I was going to try and hold off, but I think you sold me on it... How is the soundtrack?
It's ok for now. The landscape traversing theme, the tranquil town song, the mysterious dungeon music. It does its job.
From the very first moment and the very first enemies you'll immediately get you'll have a great time with this game.

It's ok for now. The landscape traversing theme, the tranquil town song, the mysterious dungeon music. It does its job.
From the very first moment and the very first enemies you'll immediately get you'll have a great time with this game.
Awesome! Well its the weekend and I get paid today so time to treat myself it seems!

I noticed ACA NEOGEO - Metal Slug 4 went on sale for the 1st time ever.

Mind you, I already own it because I'm a Metal Slug Head, and it's... not particularly great; but it is a part of gaming history (it was made by a korean company after SNK went under in the early 2000s), and it's not like it's being sold anywhere else, so it might be a sensible time to get it if you're remotely interested.

I'm really enjoying Dusk now that the gyro aiming's been tweaked in the new update. Finally I can use the right joycon for aiming, like in Quake. It's completely transformed the game for me. It's such a fun FPS, highly recommended 👍

Last edited:
NEW THREAD IS UP

quick suggestion @Mina - close out the old thread with a link to the new one. tolkir used to do this as well to point people who tend to miss the new thread easily to the latest one!

great work on the threads, btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom