• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Nov. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd buy that for a dollar!
That could become the better spent dollar of your life, possibly.

Seriously, this guy knows what he's doing here. It's susprising how smooth this game feels and plays. Runs like a dream and has even good music.
Nothing that we haven't experienced before, mind, it's not taking the beu genre by storm, but boy is it worth 1 $/€

I need assistance. Can you play two different games on the same account of different switches?

I need assistance. Can you play two different games on the same account of different switches?
You can’t I’m afraid, the secondary Switch checks every once in a while if the account on the primary console is used I believe. I did it recently by mistake and an error message popped up on one of the consoles (the secondary one I guess, I don’t remember exactly).

That could become the better spent dollar of your life, possibly.

Seriously, this guy knows what he's doing here. It's susprising how smooth this game feels and plays. Runs like a dream and has even good music.
Nothing that we haven't experienced before, mind, it's not taking the beu genre by storm, but boy is it worth 1 $/€

I did indeed buy it for a dollar. $0.97 to be precise. Along with:
FAR: Lone Sails $4.72
Flame In The Flood $3.79
Inside $2.84

I'm all about value I guess lol super tempted to finally get the Civ 6 Frontier Pass (which after a hundred or two more hours will end up being the best value). I've also been been persuaded to get Div: OS 2 (though I might wait until the likely Jan 2022 sale...god bless Dekudeal's price history chart)

Only got Inside from this Black Friday sale. Most stuff on my wishlist that’s on sale have the usual discounts. I wanted some new big game to play but nothing really struck me to get right now. I’m kinda eyeing Immortals but I already know that the game will inevitably be 75 or 80% off within the next months. Also there’s the Contra collection but are those even fine to play with the Joycon d buttons lol? I miss the Wii U dpad

At the same time you will have more sales at the end of the year so maybe I’ll have something for winter break during those. I’m hoping for the Crosscode DLC to go on sale notably. Also you actually have Outer Wilds and Neon White which are planned for December 2021, those have the potential to be day 1 purchases for me so hopefully we don’t have to wait too long for those to drop

Well pulled the plug on smash brother for the family today. We just played for about 4 hours straight.

Should have waited with
  • XCOM 2
  • Need for Speed
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Tony Hawk
would have saved me over 50 bucks, but then I played Tony Hawk over 100h alread.

Got:
  • Super Monkel Ball
  • Tetris Effect
  • Cruis'n Blast
Thinking about PuyoPuyo Tetris 2, but I already have 1 which I haven't played that much.
Is it worth getting it for 10 bucks?

Some other really cheap games that I'd endorse:

OllliOlli Switch Stance $3
Mark of the Ninja Remastered 4.99
Children of Morta 8.57 (has been supported amazingly well by the developers)
Donut County 3.89
Furi 5.99
Psyvariar Delta 7.49 hefty discount on a very good shmup
Wintermoor Tactics Club 7.99 underrated game... played it this year, likeable cast and enjoyable turn based combat.
Splasher 3.74 terrific 2D platformer
Disc Room 7.49 underrated release by Devolver. Same with Olija at 8.99
Serial Cleaner 2.24 enjoyed this a lot. Use stealth to collect bodies from crime scenes and dispose of them without getting caught. Has a bigger budget 3D sequel on the way.
2064 Read Only Memories 4.12 very enjoyable VN. Has a lot of replay value too.

I'm having a fair amount of fun with Lost in Random. I've only played handheld mode and I think it's a little blurry but it could also be the art style, performance has been great though locked 30 FPS.

Combat has been ok so far, but the world is interesting and it actually feels worth it to stop and talk to people.

Splasher is a steal, and a must for any Rayman Origins or Legends fan. Brilliant platformer.

Crossposting, but I've got a list of games on eShop I want that'll come to about $150 CAD, and I'm looking for impressions on any of them anyone would like to share.
  • The Gardener & the Wild Vines (not on sale, but it's new and it's a queer romance score attack platformer, so that's my jam)
  • Coffee Talk
  • TOEM
  • Necrobarista
  • Arietta of Spirits
  • Button City
  • DARQ
  • Kaze and the Wild Masks
  • Wintermoor Tactics Club

Shovel Knight's got a deep discount too so I should probably get it, so whatever I don't get from here will go into that.

Last edited:
@Weiss, Kaze and the Wild Masks was a big hit for me. We don't get many excellent DKC-esque platformers and this is the best since Impossible Lair for me. The first world was a bit too similar to DKC for me but after that he game really gains its own identity and challenge. The OST is serviceable but the rest of the game is really excellent. Sublime level design and gamefeel, and gorgeous graphics and art design.

You can’t I’m afraid, the secondary Switch checks every once in a while if the account on the primary console is used I believe. I did it recently by mistake and an error message popped up on one of the consoles (the secondary one I guess, I don’t remember exactly).
Is there a way to transfer the saved data from my switch on my account to her account on her switch?

Is there a way to transfer the saved data from my switch on my account to her account on her switch?
I don’t think you can transfer saves between accounts, only between different consoles for the same account (through the cloud or direct save data transfer).

Crossposting, but I've got a list of games on eShop I want that'll come to about $150 CAD, and I'm looking for impressions on any of them anyone would like to share.
  • The Gardener & the Wild Vines (not on sale, but it's new and it's a queer romance score attack platformer, so that's my jam)
  • Coffee Talk
  • TOEM
  • Necrobarista
  • Arietta of Spirits
  • Button City
  • DARQ

Shovel Knight's got a deep discount too so I should probably get it, so whatever I don't get from here will go into that.
Wintermoor Tactics Club is great, one of my faves this year

Great art design
Fun combat
Engaging characters and story

I was also enjoying Necrobarista but got sidetracked by other games

Kaze and the Wild Masks
For what it's worth, I didn't enjoy Kaze very much. It feels very derivative of Donkey Kong Country games, but misses some of the notes. I don't think there's anything wrong mechanically, but the level design just didn't surprise me in any way or make me feel the kinds of feelings of success and achievement you'd want from this kind of a game.

If it did something more unique, I may have enjoyed it more. If you're looking for a platformer of this kind, I'd recommend Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair instead (if you haven't played it yet).

• Coffee Talk
  • TOEM
  • Necrobarista
  • Arietta of Spirits
  • Button City
  • DARQ

I enjoyed Coffee Talk - I'm not a big VN fan but this one caught my imagination. Nice style and writing.

I absolutely loved TOEM - it's one of my favourite games of the year. It's a really wonderful chill experience and a very strong recommendation from me.

• Coffee Talk
  • TOEM
  • Necrobarista
  • Arietta of Spirits
  • Button City
  • DARQ

If you’re still deciding, Toem is super rad! Just a very cozy game with a proper feeling of adventure. Good puzzles too and I love the art style. One of my favorite indie games this year :)

Surprise European (and US) SaGa Series sale!

SaGa Frontier Remastered: 20% discount
COLLECTION of SaGa FINAL FANTASY LEGEND: 25% discount
Romancing SaGa 2: 70% discount
Romancing SaGa 3: 70% discount
SaGa SCARLET GRACE: AMBITIONS: 70% discount

Lowest price ever for all of the above.

Last edited:
First post on Famiboards I think :)
I’m the same name on ERA - hi y’all!

I’ve been checking this site daily since it was created and have decided to start posting too.

So here are the games I just picked up in the big Eshop sale:

—Kaze and the Wild Masks
—Borderlands Handsome Collection
—Doraemon Story of Seasons
—Shiren the Wanderer Tower of Fortune
—Dragon Lapis and Chronus Arc (I love my Kemco comfort food generic jrpgs)
—Treasures of the Aegean

And I am still considering:

-Katana Kami
-Pokémon Shield DLC (not on sale)
-TOEM
-Mr Driller Drillland
-Puyo Puyo Tetris 2

And here are some games I highly recommend:

1. Slay the Spire $9.99 Deckbuilding Roguelike addiction. The game has a ton of content and it’s great fun with lots of crazy builds.

2. Golf Story $6.99 what a great price! If you want a golf RPG with a lot of content this game is wonderful. Charming graphics and music and fun golf/related mechanics.

3. Katamari Damaci Reroll $7.49 still my favorite Katamari game. It’s classic, fun and has a good amount of content but not so much it gets stale.

4. Okami HD $9.99 One of the best Zelda games! 3 games in 1 (lol). Metric ton of content with gorgeous cel shading, great music and a great vibe. Bring the world back to life and color as a doge god thing.

5. Lego City Undercover $5.99 One of the best Lego games that’s legit funny and it set up more like a GTA with an open world city and an original story and cast. 6 bucks is a steal I had a great time with this.

Ok this post is way too long! If y’all want more recommends or wonder if a game is any good I’m glad to help more. And I’m happy to be here :)

First post on Famiboards I think :)
I’m the same name on ERA - hi y’all!

I’ve been checking this site daily since it was created and have decided to start posting too.

So here are the games I just picked up in the big Eshop sale:

—Kaze and the Wild Masks
—Borderlands Handsome Collection
—Doraemon Story of Seasons
—Shiren the Wanderer Tower of Fortune
—Dragon Lapis and Chronus Arc (I love my Kemco comfort food generic jrpgs)
—Treasures of the Aegean

And I am still considering:

-Katana Kami
-Pokémon Shield DLC (not on sale)
-TOEM
-Mr Driller Drillland
-Puyo Puyo Tetris 2

And here are some games I highly recommend:

1. Slay the Spire $9.99 Deckbuilding Roguelike addiction. The game has a ton of content and it’s great fun with lots of crazy builds.

2. Golf Story $6.99 what a great price! If you want a golf RPG with a lot of content this game is wonderful. Charming graphics and music and fun golf/related mechanics.

3. Katamari Damaci Reroll $7.49 still my favorite Katamari game. It’s classic, fun and has a good amount of content but not so much it gets stale.

4. Okami HD $9.99 One of the best Zelda games! 3 games in 1 (lol). Metric ton of content with gorgeous cel shading, great music and a great vibe. Bring the world back to life and color as a doge god thing.

5. Lego City Undercover $5.99 One of the best Lego games that’s legit funny and it set up more like a GTA with an open world city and an original story and cast. 6 bucks is a steal I had a great time with this.

Ok this post is way too long! If y’all want more recommends or wonder if a game is any good I’m glad to help more. And I’m happy to be here :)
I highly recommend mr driller if you like the puzzle genre (seems you do). Can get brutally hard though. I also encourage everyone to find the retronauts episode about dig dig and all the associated lore. Namco was on some shit when they thought that stuff up.

Also welcome to the forum.

I highly recommend mr driller if you like the puzzle genre (seems you do). Can get brutally hard though. I also encourage everyone to find the retronauts episode about dig dig and all the associated lore. Namco was on some shit when they thought that stuff up.

Also welcome to the forum.

Yeah it’s so cheap too so ok I’m going to get it now that you’ve confirmed it’s good :) I played this series on like an old Nintendo handheld but don’t even remember which but I remember liking it

Yeah it’s so cheap too so ok I’m going to get it now that you’ve confirmed it’s good :) I played this series on like an old Nintendo handheld but don’t even remember which but I remember liking it
Played a lot on dsi myself. And this is the old GameCube game that never came west so a good curiosity from that aspect as well. Lots of fun modes too so more depth than just the standard mr driller puzzle game.

Does Mr. Driller have specific levels or is it all different types of endless modes? I'm in search of something akin to the recently-ended Dr. Mario World. My wife poured so many hours into that game and I could really see why. The curated individual puzzle levels were incredibly creative, difficult and well-designed. Fittingly the one type of level she didn't enjoy that she saved for me were the Nabbit (timed) levels.

Hey there @Mudo! Great to see you here. @jariw registered too, awesome! Now we just need @tripopt55 and @vanwinkle. 😄

The whole gang is (almost) here! :)
Now that I’m getting Mr Driller I want to go ahead and pick up a few more games so I’m trying to decide what else I want. So much on sale 👀

Any advice on the following games?

A Good Snowman
A Monster's Expedition
The Last Campfire
Velocity 2X
Wunderling
To The Moon

I'm interested in Bonfire Peaks too but there's a demo so I can kinda feel that one out.

I meant to respond to this earlier sorry it’s late!

To The Moon was a nice game. I think it’s only a few hours long. It has no combat and very few puzzles that are easy. It’s a 2D visual novel and I liked the story. Melancholy, contemplative, goodness. I own it’s sequels on Steam but have yet to play those.

Velocity2X I enjoyed. It’s split between flying a spaceship in a top down perspective where you have some ship combat, rescue people, and solve puzzles and try to progress. You gain abilities that add wrinkles like being able to warp through walls so it stays fresh. Then you park your ship in parts and the game becomes a fast paced sidescroller. It’s VERY fast lol. Running slashing mayhem. Overall it’s a fast paced pretty challenging game and I think it has like 50 levels so a good amount of content.

Lastly, I didn’t really like The Last Campfire. There wasn’t anything terrible about it but I got bored after a couple hours. My issue was that the game repeats itself over and over. You enter an area and have to find wandering souls which requires puzzle solving. But the puzzles were just sorta bland I guess imo. Nothing hard but plenty that are time consuming. Nothing really stood out to me in general and it blended together to be a mass of ok puzzles. Boring to me lol.

Thanks for the info @Mudo! I think you've played them already but Splasher, Wuppo and Monster Boy are some of my faves from the sale.

Easy recommendation there then. I say go for it.
I did wind up going for it (Ace Attorney Trilogy) and I'm playing through the contents of the first game now. And @Millvain I'm 40 years old, I'm just not going to throw my controller against the wall even if it's a $20 wired controller I got from Target. Strange since I first got really hyped to get a Switch when I heard about Cuphead but I just never have gotten around to buying it.

Thanks for the info @Mudo! I think you've played them already but Splasher, Wuppo and Monster Boy are some of my faves from the sale.

I own all 3 and got Wuppo because of you lol (I LOVE it). And yeah Monster Boy is wonderful but (just like Underhero haha) it got too hard for me so I stopped. Which sucks because I really like both games but felt like I hit a brick wall way too early in them!

Splasher I bought at release and think I only played it once. I think I liked it..:and no idea why I did not play more so I shall give it another go.

I'm really happy I gave Dodgeball Academia a try!!
It is SUCH a charming and cute game with pretty fun gameplay! Ngl I look more forward to playing that than SmT V since I keep alternating between the two. XD

Not to say I'm not enjoying SmT V (its awesome!!) its just that their vibes are just completely opposite of one another and DA just makes me really happy with all its colorfulness.
The art is so cute too! And the 2 player mode is enjoyable too.

Quoted by: Leo
I'm really happy I gave Dodgeball Academia a try!!
It is SUCH a charming and cute game with pretty fun gameplay! Ngl I look more forward to playing that than SmT V since I keep alternating between the two.

I've been wanting to try Dodgeball Academia for a while, it looks super fun! It hasn't quite reached the right prive point for me yet, but I'm sur gonna grab it in a sale in the future.

First post! (Thanks @Nabbit for directing me to this new place in the 'net.)

Taiko No Tatsujin: Drum n Fun! - any impressions (both single and multi player)? It's currently available with a good discount, so I'm tempted.

First post! (Thanks @Nabbit for directing me to this new place in the 'net.)

Taiko No Tatsujin: Drum n Fun! - any impressions (both single and multi player)? It's currently available with a good discount, so I'm tempted.
Did you like Donkey Kongo? That was a spinoff of this series, and all 3 games on switch are solid tho I’ve only played drum n Fun myself(the other 2 have rpg single player modes).

Actually I’m tempted by the rpg dual pack again myself…

Is the Dodonpachi switch port ok? Its not discounted but it just released this week and I've always wanted to try it. I remember one of the recent switch smhump ports being trash but I forget which (was it the Cotton Saturn collection thing?).

Also curious about espgaluda.

Is the Dodonpachi switch port ok? Its not discounted but it just released this week and I've always wanted to try it. I remember one of the recent switch smhump ports being trash but I forget which (was it the Cotton Saturn collection thing?).

Also curious about espgaluda.
Any shmup by city connection is not great for input lag. The psikyo collections are about 7 frames I’ve seen. The cotton Saturn games are up to 11 frames. Anything by inin is usually good (the other cotton games). I think most of the cave/toaplan games run pretty well with only 4 frames of lag max. I look at this YouTube channel electric underground for all the switch port analysis.

I think I'm about done with the sales this time around. Final haul:

A Good Snowman is Hard to Build
Arietta of Spirits
Blizzard Arcade Collection
Castlevania Arcade Collection
Kaze and the Wild Masks
Quake
Silence
Wintermoor Tactics Club

Also tempting, but holding off for now:

Grindstone
Disjunction
N++
Project Highrise: Architect's Edition
SaGa SCARLET GRACE: AMBITIONS

Bought Ultimate Alliance 3 and Little Nightmares 2. Thinking about getting Daemon X Machina and/or Kirby Star Allies but I intend to buy SMT V as soon as I finish IV and I feel like I'd be spending too much already :p

Ohh I remember playing the flash version and I was kinda interested in this one but it felt it never was on sale, I'll grab it now, thanks for mentioning it :p

Bought Ultimate Alliance 3 and Little Nightmares 2. Thinking about getting Daemon X Machina and/or Kirby Star Allies but I intend to buy SMT V as soon as I finish IV and I feel like I'd be spending too much already :p

Ohh I remember playing the flash version and I was kinda interested in this one but it felt it never was on sale, I'll grab it now, thanks for mentioning it :p
The dlc is worth is on MUA3 btw, though a chunk is run 2/some grind side mode unlock stuff

I did wind up going for it (Ace Attorney Trilogy) and I'm playing through the contents of the first game now. And @Millvain I'm 40 years old, I'm just not going to throw my controller against the wall even if it's a $20 wired controller I got from Target. Strange since I first got really hyped to get a Switch when I heard about Cuphead but I just never have gotten around to buying it.
Ha! One more thing with Cuphead, if physical is your thing they were planning on releasing a boxed version when the DLC is done, although I don't know if that's the case. In the end I got the digital version, and enjoyed it despite the frustration spikes. It might just be me, but I found the game to be a battle of perseverance to eventually beat each boss, and I didn't feel it pushed me to improve my skills to the same level as say Dark Souls or Metroid Dread (if that makes sense...).

How are you getting on with Ace Attorney? One of my favourite games/trilogies, but I've not played it for a long time.

Fourth run of every character in Dicey Dungeons is soooo annoying. With enemies having 10% more HP and ALL the cards updated, it's very unlikely to win.

Also, I'm through a Metroid 2D marathon, Super Metroid now. Man, playing this right after Samus Returns is rough!

One of the games I bought on the current sale was the recently released A Monster's Expedition. So far it has been among the most fascinating puzzle game I've ever played. Simple puzzle mechanics, tiny (but sometimes very tricky) puzzles, great humour, and an "open-world" journey based on the puzzles that is impossible to predict.

One of the games I bought on the current sale was the recently released A Monster's Expedition. So far it has been among the most fascinating puzzle game I've ever played. Simple puzzle mechanics, tiny (but sometimes very tricky) puzzles, great humour, and an "open-world" journey based on the puzzles that is impossible to predict.

I started this one as well, and I agree. It's quite good so far.

I got Creaks on sale. Very good game so far. Lovely music and visual design, and clever puzzles. Recommend it highly so far!

I picked up Dungeon Encounters (not on sale), and well, looks can be deceiving. This game is quite good with an addicting game play loop.

the wishlist just got shorter. time to announce a boatload of new games to add to the list as the cycle continues :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom