• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Nov. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Americas sales really are tomorrow, shouldn't we get a heads up on twitter today?
Maybe. Not sure if they'll announce it in advance. If I remember past years correctly though, the sale should be tomorrow.

Cracked and bought:
Dicey Dungeons - 3.37
Far Lone Sails - 3.37
Blaster Master Zero 2 - 4.49
Assault Android Cactus+ - 5.39

Had to crack open a new 128GB card as I've completely filled my original.

If the Americas sales really are tomorrow, shouldn't we get a heads up on twitter today?
I hope nobody is actually worried that there might not be a Black Friday / Thanksgiving-themed sale in the country that literally invented that nonsense :D

Last edited:
At the start of the sale I bought dicey dungeons and yesterday I bought Metro 2033 and Far Lone Sails. I think that’s enough for me seeing my backlog ;D

Downloading Death's Door! Can't wait to dive in. I'll be back with impressions at some point...
I'm particularly interested in performance. Specifically if it's 60 or 30 fps. Not that it'd be a deal breaker but still.

Thanks.

Meanwhile I've played a little of Disc Room and it's brilliant. Nice to see a single good concept so well executed.

I'm particularly interested in performance. Specifically if it's 60 or 30 fps. Not that it'd be a deal breaker but still.

Thanks.

Meanwhile I've played a little of Disc Room and it's brilliant. Nice to see a single good concept so well executed.
Death's Door is 30fps on Switch, just like XB1.

Currently playing Huntdown. I missed this on release, but it’s a really, really good run-and-gun. Great pixel art and genuinely funny. The Android, Mow Man, consistently makes me laugh with his one-liners when killing enemies or picking up weapons, and the quotes from the guy that repairs him after death.

Edit- finished it. Wow, what a fantastic game. Doesn’t outstay it’s welcome, tight controls and some fantastic imagination in the boss fights. Great stuff. Best sidescroller I’ve played in ages.

Deaths Door does look good- another one for my wishlist!

Last edited:
Currently playing Huntdown. I missed this on release, but it’s a really, really good run-and-gun. Great pixel art and genuinely funny. The Android, Mow Man, consistently makes me laugh with his one-liners when killing enemies or picking up weapons, and the quotes from the guy that repairs him after death.

Edit- finished it. Wow, what a fantastic game. Doesn’t outstay it’s welcome, tight controls and some fantastic imagination in the boss fights. Great stuff. Best sidescroller I’ve played in ages.

Huntdown is absolutely brilliant!! Really fun in coop as well!

Huntdown is amazing. Bosses are tough as nails too.

Huntdown is amazing. Bosses are tough as nails too.
There was so much variety! Seriously more creativity in the boss fights than I saw in a lot of 16-bit games back in the day. It’s rare for me to look forward to the bosses so much. Struggling to pick my favourites but the final battle was awesome, as was the guy in the chariot, and Unholy Goalie.

Last edited:
Another one of my Wishlist hits a UK all time low:

Hotshot Racing - £3.19 - 80%off. Will purchase :)

is panzer dragoon remake on switch in a decent state now after all the updates? it's on sale for 6 bucks.
Yes it is! They fixed the aiming issue, where it is now like in the original game. Runs like a dream now.

That said, I wish they had an option to play with the original visuals but in HD, as the abstract visual style of the game has aged pretty nicely IMO

is panzer dragoon remake on switch in a decent state now after all the updates? it's on sale for 6 bucks.
Yes. It’s much better with performance and added quality of life improvements/control options. Add HD rumble, 60 fps mode, gyro, rearranged soundtrack, etc.

So no sales today? What time would it go live?
Sales usually go live 9 am Pacific time but not sure if this sale would be different time wise. All i remember last year was that it went live the Wednesday before US Thanksgiving.

I was looking at this and weighing up between it and Horizon Chase Turbo - I'm not sure which to go for!
I bought Horizon Chase Turbo a year ago. I'd love to tell you what it is like, but it is still about 4 games away on my Switch backlog :)
I think HCT is more inspired by Top Gear / Lotus Challenge whereas Hotshot is maybe more Outrun/Daytona inspired.
Either way, an arcade racer for slightly more than a cup of coffee is a win in my book even if I only put a few hours into it.

Capcom arcade stadium is on sale again, same price as last time, I’d be tempted by Valkyria chronicles 4 if I could actually finish 1. Shiren is down to $16 so I’m tempted.

Any hidden gem suggestions?

Happy for the US people, they always are forced to wait some extra days to get to the sales lol

I come from an eShop... shopping session, and I bought:

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - this one got a lot of praise on these threads and I like my tactical rpg, so let's see what the fuss is about;
Super Punch Patrol: because I like to support this guy from Gunman Clive. Just 1€ though, with 30 cents going to Nintendo, Sorry man;
Filament: for my puzzle fix. I've read really good reviews and it seems a high quality puzzle with a nice storytelling, voice acting and soundtrack.

Am I done with this BF Sale? Maybe.

Any impressions about these games? Just to grow the anticipation.

Some good deals there but was hoping for some sales for some first party games like Clubhouse Games and Famicom DC

My wish list doesn't look like it has anything super amazing on it from the quick glance I did, so will have to dig later to see if I want anything random that's not on the list.

My wish list doesn't look like it has anything super amazing on it from the quick glance I did, so will have to dig later to see if I want anything random that's not on the list.
Yeah, not seeing a whole lot that hasn’t been this price before. Might get the Darius cosmic collections, since those were ridiculously priced at launch. Half off is good value for what’s included. I imagine more sales will occur on Thursday or whenever the eshop updates this week and around Christmas time.

Any advice on the following games?

A Good Snowman
A Monster's Expedition
The Last Campfire
Velocity 2X
Wunderling
To The Moon

I'm interested in Bonfire Peaks too but there's a demo so I can kinda feel that one out.

Quite a few things on my wishlist, but not sure if I'm going to bite on any of them or not.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 ($34.99) - I want to play this co-op with my wife, but with no splitscreen, I should probably wait till some point in the future when I have 2 Switches. Or just get it on Xbox where it is regularly cheaper and has split screen.
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark ($10.19) - Seems to be a well regarded strategy game.
World of Goo ($5.09) - At an all time low. Could be a fun co-op game to play with my kids.

Quite a few things on my wishlist, but not sure if I'm going to bite on any of them or not.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 ($34.99) - I want to play this co-op with my wife, but with no splitscreen, I should probably wait till some point in the future when I have 2 Switches. Or just get it on Xbox where it is regularly cheaper and has split screen.
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark ($10.19) - Seems to be a well regarded strategy game.
World of Goo ($5.09) - At an all time low. Could be a fun co-op game to play with my kids.
World of Goo is one of the best games ever released... on the Wii. But it was great then, and it should be today.
I think it's a very good pick with playing with kids in mind, because it is ridiculously charming.
Stages can get a little difficult, but they will never feel overwhelming.
It's an indie darling worth your time.

Got:
Crus'n'blast
Suzerain

Now trying to decide between Void Bastards or Deaths Door (the latter of which is not on sale, but those reviews...)

Edit: or Sonic Colours. Fml.

Last edited:
Got:
Crus'n'blast
Suzerain

Now trying to decide between Void Bastards or Deaths Door (the latter of which is not on sale, but those reviews...)

Edit: or Sonic Colours. Fml.

Yeah DD just came out so I’m biting the bullet on it for 20 bucks. May as well. Also picking up Crusin’!

A Good Snowman
A Monster's Expedition
The Last Campfire
Velocity 2X
Wunderling
To The Moon

I'm interested in Bonfire Peaks too but there's a demo so I can kinda feel that one out.

To The Moon is a modern classic, with an emotional punch nearing that of the first few minutes of Pixar’s Up, although the gameplay is merely serviceable.

To The Moon is a modern classic, with an emotional punch nearing that of the first few minutes of Pixar’s Up, although the gameplay is merely serviceable.
Well I do love Up so that sounds great. Thanks!

A Good Snowman
A Monster's Expedition
The Last Campfire
Velocity 2X
Wunderling
To The Moon

I played Velocity 2X on Vita. I remember having a good deal of fun with it and enjoying both the space ship battles and especially the 2D sidescroller gameplay. I barely remember it though, so I guess it didn’t really stick with me, but yeah I had fun.

A Good Snowman
A Monster's Expedition
The Last Campfire
Velocity 2X
Wunderling
To The Moon

I'd give The Last Campfire and Wundering strong recommendations. Coincidentally I put some thoughts about Wundering a few posts back. I think it's a hidden gem.

I thought Pikmin 3 Deluxe would be a lock for the sale. But it being absent led me to go with Castlevania Advance Collection and Bonfire Peaks! Nothing wrong with that.

I picked up Manifold Garden, BloodStained Curse of the Moon, and Blaster Master Zero on sale. Really digging Manifold Garden so far. It’s that one that was shown in an indie world last year that has environments that loop around on themselves sort of like an MC Escher painting and you can fall forever. The whiplash you get sometimes when you walk into a new trippy area is really cool and the puzzles are getting more interesting as I dive in deeper. Only a few hours in, but I’d recommend it.

I also finally downloaded Dungeon Encounters too. Looking forward to playing that tomorrow.

I thought Pikmin 3 Deluxe would be a lock for the sale. But it being absent led me to go with Castlevania Advance Collection and Bonfire Peaks! Nothing wrong with that.
Yeah, was kind of hoping for Pikmin myself. Still...money didn't go to waste.

I know it’s pared down compared to the main way of the samurai series which I’ve heard is awesome but how did
Katana Kami
turn out?

I played Velocity 2X on Vita. I remember having a good deal of fun with it and enjoying both the space ship battles and especially the 2D sidescroller gameplay. I barely remember it though, so I guess it didn’t really stick with me, but yeah I had fun.

I'd give The Last Campfire and Wundering strong recommendations. Coincidentally I put some thoughts about Wundering a few posts back. I think it's a hidden gem.

Thank you both! I remember reading your Wunderling post recently so that definitely peaked my interest in the game. I'm going to pick that one up for sure.

I know it’s pared down compared to the main way of the samurai series which I’ve heard is awesome but how did
Katana Kami
turn out?

It's decent but if you're a fan of Way of the Samurai, it has a different feel. It's very much a roguelite with some of the humour from WotS series intact. Weapons destroy pretty easily, so that's annoying, combat is rather fun, albeit also clunky. It is missing something though, can't put my finger on it.

Is anyone else experiencing buggy gameplay with touch controls on Dicey Dungeon? Somehow I can't move and choose a path anymore with touch controls :x

It's decent but if you're a fan of Way of the Samurai, it has a different feel. It's very much a roguelite with some of the humour from WotS series intact. Weapons destroy pretty easily, so that's annoying, combat is rather fun, albeit also clunky. It is missing something though, can't put my finger on it.
I already got Shiren and I’m already working on Chocobo mystery dungeon do sounds like too much overlap to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom