• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Nov. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s the performance in Disco Elysium now?
Frame rates drop in some areas but the game is rather slow paced to begin with so It doesn’t bother me as much. Also always save before you go into a door as the game crashes sometimes when I enter into indoor areas.

Hey, good to have you back.

If only zakatana would return...
Hey dude, it's incredibly nice to be back, not gonna lie.

What happened to my man zakatana? I loved him but I lost touch after my last ban on Era D:

Speaking about Disco Elysium, has anyone tried to play it in portable mode on the Oled? Is the screen big enough to play comfortably?

Speaking about Disco Elysium, has anyone tried to play it in portable mode on the Oled? Is the screen big enough to play comfortably?
I’m playing pretty much only on Oled. The screen is big enough. Everything looks fine and the Text and ui are very readable.

Finishing this year out with Diamond, Pearl, SMT V, though they'll probably be an indie direct in December that will add a game or two to buy.

Hell yeah, thanks for making our new home

Also: I’ve never played Circa Infinity, how good it is in 2021? Switch port plays good, are there scoring:leaderboards? I’ve only watched the trailers and it seems right up my alley

Edit: I’ve noticed they’re on their last day of sales, so:
Prinny 1, 2, both, none? Never played them… I’ve never even watched a video lol. I enjoy “hard” but (kinda)fair 2D platformers a la Ghosts ‘n Goblins/Ghouls ‘n Ghosts. Is it more of a brawler tho?

Is there an option to play them in in anything other than upscaled rez? The screens on the eShop look exactly like I’d expect a PSP game to look blown up which it ain’t good.

Last edited:
Glad I popped into the thread because it reminded me that Death’s Door is coming out this month! Excellent work @Mina !

Love these threads!

I want to get SMT V but I'm not sure I'll have time to play it anytime soon. I'm currently playing Atelier Ryza (great game!) and I tend to be a little on the slower side when it comes to completing RPGs so I still have a while to go before I beat it. And when I do, I'm not sure I want to jump right into another (and no doubt much longer) RPG. Though the jarring contrast between the light, happy Ryza and the dark, brutal SMT could be fun to experience back to back lol. We'll see.

Danganropa collection is my final major purchase of the year. May grab some stuff on the digital Eshop BF sale tho

Danganropa collection is my final major purchase of the year. May grab some stuff on the digital Eshop BF sale tho

I’ve never played DR and being a huge AA fan I think I might enjoy it so I’m pretty sure I’ll grab chapter One at least, but what about that quirky boardgame releasing at the same time? Is it meant to be played after the trilogy I guess? Is it good?

I’ve never played DR and being a huge AA fan I think I might enjoy it so I’m pretty sure I’ll grab chapter One at least, but what about that quirky boardgame releasing at the same time? Is it meant to be played after the trilogy I guess? Is it good?
Oh it’s my entrance to the series too(actually I made a deal with myself to finish AA trilogy before hand if I wanted to get it).

From what I understand the fourth game in the collection is an expanded version of a side mode in 3 but now includes content/characters from all 3 games. Feel it probably does have spoilers

I'm definitely in for Death's Door this month.

In the meantime, I'm playing Dusk and really enjoying it, although I don't like the gyro implementation as much as Quake. I play with split joycons and I just can't get used to the gyro being on the left joycon instead of the right joycon, like Quake! Using my right hand for gyro feels so much more intuitive to me, after years of using my right hand for the mouse on PC. I feel hardwired that way now. I wish there was a way to change it in Dusk. It's the only thing holding the game back for me!

I'm having a wonderful time with the Animal Crossing 2.0 update and Happy Home Paradise DLC with my daughter too.

Definitely play the main games first and leave the board game for last. While the board game is an AU from the main games it does include references to them and it is possible to figure out some spoilery stuff by reading too much into some bits of dialogue. Also, the relationships between the characters in the board game are mostly based on their interactions in the main games, so you’ll miss out on a lot of their background if you jump straight into the board game.

You can skip the boardgame. The interactions in that game once included in the second game and it was silly as hell. It's a "fantasy setup" if none of the events in the game never happened. Something nice for those "shipper" people.

Definitely play the main games first and leave the board game for last. While the board game is an AU from the main games it does include references to them and it is possible to figure out some spoilery stuff by reading too much into some bits of dialogue. Also, the relationships between the characters in the board game are mostly based on their interactions in the main games, so you’ll miss out on a lot of their background if you jump straight into the board game.
The "mini game" in the DR2 didn't have any interactions based on the main game. I expected more stuff between Hajime and Chiaki but instead he got betrothed to Sonia Nevermind.

I don't know if I'm the only one to do it but, when I buy a game on sale, it can take a litlte while (something like months or even years) before I actually play it.
I think I bought Murder by Numbers last year but I've started playing it only a few days ago and goddammit, I'm having a blast.
I've a soft spot for buddy cop stories and for 80's nostalgia + I love Ace Attorney and Picross, but even considering all these factors, I didn't knew that I would enjoy it so much. The characters are so endearing and the story is so entertaining that I feel almost annoyed when I have to solve a puzzle... and I really really really like Picross a lot. I've just completed the third case and I can't wait to continue playing, it's that good.

I don't know if I'm the only one to do it but, when I buy a game on sale, it can take a litlte while (something like months or even years) before I actually play it.
I think I bought Murder by Numbers last year but I've started playing it only a few days ago and goddammit, I'm having a blast.
I've a soft spot for buddy cop stories and for 80's nostalgia + I love Ace Attorney and Picross, but even considering all these factors, I didn't knew that I would enjoy it so much. The characters are so endearing and the story is so entertaining that I feel almost annoyed when I have to solve a puzzle... and I really really really like Picross a lot. I've just completed the third case and I can't wait to continue playing, it's that good.

I used to do that A LOT but with a 50+ games backlog just for Switch, I’ve started to refrain from falling from getting a game on sale just coz it hit my price sweet spot, 90% of the times it’ll be even lower later on when I might actually decide to play the damn game, lol

I'm guilty of the same 😂. I got Murder by Numbers in the last sale but haven't got around to playing it yet. I'll have to give it a go soon.

This weekend I've been playing Alba - A Wildlife Adventure with my kids. We're having a great time with it. It's by Ustwo, the makers of Monument Valley. It's a very different game, but with similarly high production values. It's a fairly simple game about exploring and taking photos with a lovely open feel. The unfolding narrative and interactions with NPCs are really poignant and fun, and the graphics and music are dreamy and evocative. It's like being on holiday! It reminds me a little bit of the early part of Zelda Wind Waker, innocently exploring Outset Island. A great one for playing with the kids.

I'm still confused about Dusk and Dusk 82. So they really made the throwback puzzle game that you can just buy normally on steam entirely exclusive to preorders on Switch without any option to buy it if you missed the preorder? Seems spectacularly stupid, imo.

This thread is wonderful, thank you; but it's also slightly anxiety-inducing because it's a reminder of the sheer amount of stuff on the eShop.

That being said, looking forward to getting Death's Door at some point. It'll be right up my street.

Thanks for making these threads, my backlog is ridiculous though so I need to not read them!

Thought I would recommend Dicey Dungeons for fans of Slay the Spire - almost mixed with yacht dice from 51 Worldwide Classics. Saying that though, I’m struggling to beat every chapter because of what I assume is the randomness and not my poor skills at playing the game. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks for making these threads, my backlog is ridiculous though so I need to not read them!

Thought I would recommend Dicey Dungeons for fans of Slay the Spire - almost mixed with yacht dice from 51 Worldwide Classics. Saying that though, I’m struggling to beat every chapter because of what I assume is the randomness and not my poor skills at playing the game. Any tips would be appreciated.

Which ones are you having trouble with specifically?

I'm guilty of the same 😂. I got Murder by Numbers in the last sale but haven't got around to playing it yet. I'll have to give it a go soon.

This weekend I've been playing Alba - A Wildlife Adventure with my kids. We're having a great time with it. It's by Ustwo, the makers of Monument Valley. It's a very different game, but with similarly high production values. It's a fairly simple game about exploring and taking photos with a lovely open feel. The unfolding narrative and interactions with NPCs are really poignant and fun, and the graphics and music are dreamy and evocative. It's like being on holiday! It reminds me a little bit of the early part of Zelda Wind Waker, innocently exploring Outset Island. A great one for playing with the kids.
I tried Alba briefly a few months ago thanks to Apple Arcade and it seemed a special game. Sooner or later I wanna play it, I've just to decide between doing it on the Mac or on the Switch. What are the performances on the Nintendo console?

I'm in exactly the same boat. Often buy eshop games on a whim and then don't play for ages. I too have been playing through Murder by Numbers and I'm loving it. I expected it to be like ace attorney but it isn't really. It has excellent characters and well written dialog and h the picross puzzles break up the visual novel elements nicely. I'm on the 4th case now and it's taken me about 20 hours so there's plenty of value too. Would definitely recommend.

Does Murder by Numbers have much in the way of interactivity or puzzle solving besides the Picross puzzles? I've gone back and forth on purchasing it for that reason. I should probably try some more Picross DS first and make sure Picross is my thing.

Does Murder by Numbers have much in the way of interactivity or puzzle solving besides the Picross puzzles? I've gone back and forth on purchasing it for that reason. I should probably try some more Picross DS first and make sure Picross is my thing.
You need to investigate scenes in a fashion similar to the Ace Attorney games to find the puzzles, and the solved puzzles become evidence you can present to advance dialogue.

Both of these mechanics are very simple. The visual novel stuff is quite substantial, but doesn't really provide much in terms of interactivity. I would recommend making sure you care about Picross puzzles before diving in.

Last edited:
You need to investigate scenes in a similar fashion as the Ace Attorney games to find the puzzles, and any solved puzzles become evidence you can present to advance some dialogue.

Both of these mechanics are very simple. There's a lot of story and the visual novel stuff is quite substantial, but doesn't really provide much in terms of interactivity. I would recommend making sure you care about Picross puzzles before diving in.

Yep, I second this suggestion: beside the pictogram puzzles, the interactive elements are pretty minimal. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that all the switch picross games have a demo. You can try them and, if you have a good time, you can buy Murder by Numbers. Just take in mind that the puzzles in MBN are on the easier side, compared to the ones in the Picross series.

Main problem with Murder by Numbers is the constant interruption between Picross and investigation. It isn't like Ace Attorney where you're looking evidences or you're on the court. Here's a mix of everything at the same time.
At the beginning, it isn't noticed with small Picross puzzles, but on the later cases with big Picross the annoyance increases.

As others have said, if you're not a fan of Picross, Murder by Numbers might not be for you since it will seem like the puzzles are getting in the way.

Truth be told, I'm a Picross fanatic and sometimes I had this feeling too, especially during the third case. That being said, I had this feeling mainly because the story and the characters are amazing and I was hooked!

Thanks all for the Murder by Numbers info. I'll be sure to check out regular Picross first, then.

Thanks all for the Murder by Numbers info. I'll be sure to check out regular Picross first, then.
Just want to add I recommend starting with S3 or higher for Picross. S for sure and maybe S2 didn’t have the counter for counting squares which is super handy. I think S3 is the first one to have color picross too so you have all the modes to try. You can always go back and play the first two if you get hooked :)

Shoot, I had completely forgotten about Murder by Numbers! I've been meaning to pick it up as a Picross enthusiast but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I'll take a stint over the holidays.

Has anyone tried Voice of Cards? I played the demo and quite enjoyed it. If SMTV wasn't out this week I'd probably pick it up.

Truth be told, I'm a Picross fanatic and sometimes I had this feeling too, especially during the third case. That being said, I had this feeling mainly because the story and the characters are amazing and I was hooked!
One thing to add, the music by Masakazu Sugimori (of Phoenix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Ghost Trick, etc. fame) is great. I think it's the first western project he has worked on.

Despite its flaws I did enjoy Murder by Numbers a lot. Always appreciate a diverse cast like that. Hoping Mediatonic will make a sequel, but after Fall Guys blew up who knows if they’ll be dedicating any staff to other projects anymore.

I enjoyed what I played of Murder by Numbers a good deal, even if I got a bit picross'd out and never finished it.

I hope we get a massive eShop sale for Black Friday. Ever since the charts changed around the sales have been much fewer and farther between.

Incidentally, had anyone tried the new Mail Mole DLC?

Despite its flaws I did enjoy Murder by Numbers a lot. Always appreciate a diverse cast like that. Hoping Mediatonic will make a sequel, but after Fall Guys blew up who knows if they’ll be dedicating any staff to other projects anymore.
Wow, I had no idea they were the same developers of Fall Guys. I guess my hope for a sequel is probably gone since they had a massive hit. Shame, it was a great game and I’d love to see them take a second shot at the concept.

Wow, I had no idea they were the same developers of Fall Guys. I guess my hope for a sequel is probably gone since they had a massive hit. Shame, it was a great game and I’d love to see them take a second shot at the concept.
Same here, this makes me incredibly sad ç_ç

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom