• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Nov. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a 512 GB SD card to replace my old one, which was 128 GB. I buy a lot of games physically, especially first party ones, but still somehow keep running out of space. I'm getting an OLED some time this year (hopefully) and won't probably migrate to the new SD card before I have to do the re-download hassle anyway.

I've been playing Dungeon and Puzzles recently (in addition to Ocarina of Time, which I finished last night). The presentation including music is kind of dull and I generally dislike movement counters in these types of games. If I listen to a podcast instead and ignore the movement counter, the puzzles are fun enough to keep going.

I hope we get a massive eShop sale for Black Friday. Ever since the charts changed around the sales have been much fewer and farther between.

Incidentally, had anyone tried the new Mail Mole DLC?
did it ever get patched on Switch? They said they were working on a patch for Switch mainly for the button remapping stuff and then NOTHING happened for months. Got patched on steam real fast, though. Was a bit disappointing.
I never heard of this mail Mole game but the traversal mechanics look incredibly fun. Is it any good?

I've heard it's good yes.
had some control issues on Switch, otherwise was quite neat.

I hope we get a massive eShop sale for Black Friday. Ever since the charts changed around the sales have been much fewer and farther between.

Incidentally, had anyone tried the new Mail Mole DLC?
Considering the lack of physical stock this year I’m expecting a good thanksgiving/BF Eshop sale if only on the external publisher side but should be a blanket one

Anyone seen a review for Airborne Kingdom yet? I know it's been around on PC for a while, but I'm curious about the Switch port released today.

Monster Train is on sale for the first time (25% off). I've played it a decent amount on Gamepass and I really don't like double dipping, but this is tempting me...

I'm loving Demon Turf so far - But I'm playing it on Series X, and even there it struggles to maintain its framerate on the supposed performance mode. I imagine the Switch performance must not be good.

It is understandable though, an indie game with a simultaneous release on all platforms is a tall order.

That certainly came out of nowhere. Out in a week, and inexplicably it’s platforms are PC, Switch, and Netflix??

BTW gonna update the OP with the most recent batch of releases soon~

I'm loving Demon Turf so far - But I'm playing it on Series X, and even there it struggles to maintain its framerate on the supposed performance mode. I imagine the Switch performance must not be good.

It is understandable though, an indie game with a simultaneous release on all platforms is a tall order.
Demon Turf looks incredible but I have doubts about the gameplay, is it a collectathon platformer?

Demon Turf looks incredible but I have doubts about the gameplay, is it a collectathon platformer?
Barely a collectathon. There seem to be one battery and three sweets to collect in each level, from what I've played. In addition, there are optional photography quests, which are more like small puzzles.

I ordered a 512 GB SD card to replace my old one, which was 128 GB. I buy a lot of games physically, especially first party ones, but still somehow keep running out of space. I'm getting an OLED some time this year (hopefully) and won't probably migrate to the new SD card before I have to do the re-download hassle anyway.

With 2 Switches and 2 SD cards it's quite easy to avoid the re-download. Just format the new SD on the new Switch. Then copy the Nintendo folder from the old SD to the new SD via PC and done.

With 2 Switches and 2 SD cards it's quite easy to avoid the re-download. Just format the new SD on the new Switch. Then copy the Nintendo folder from the old SD to the new SD via PC and done.
Woah, I did not know you could do this. Thank you, I will definitely try it out.

For those in the UK (and Europe?), the game trial for Story of Seasons Pioneers of Olive town is now available.

No, there is not much collecting. It's much more of a challenge platformer where the goal is to make it through linear levels. There are only a few optional collectibles along the way.

Even the battery is not really a collectible, it's just the marker of the end of the level. Like a Mario Galaxy star.

Last edited:
My most wanted games for the remainder of the year are: Death's Door, Loop Hero, Neon White and Card Shark.

Well, apart from Silksong and Sports Story which are nowhere to be seen :(

I tried Alba briefly a few months ago thanks to Apple Arcade and it seemed a special game. Sooner or later I wanna play it, I've just to decide between doing it on the Mac or on the Switch. What are the performances on the Nintendo console?
Sorry for the slow reply. The performance is great, really smooth and fluid. Thoroughly recommended game with a sweet, endearing atmosphere.

For those in the UK (and Europe?), the game trial for Story of Seasons Pioneers of Olive town is now available.
How about America? Can I somehow change my country to get this?

Also, another question: do we know when the Black Friday sale starts on the eShop?

How about America? Can I somehow change my country to get this?

Also, another question: do we know when the Black Friday sale starts on the eShop?
I think America has The World Ends With You: Final Remix. I don't know if you can change region like you would because it's tied to NSO. Maybe if you have a family plan you can add a burner account that is based in Europe.

I tried out Archaica: The Path of Light yesterday, and it was surprisingly good considering it's on very big sales very frequently, which tends to leave a shovelwarey impression.

It's a light reflection puzzle game, so all about moving mirrors around to make beams reach specific spots. There's some weird story/lore stuff I couldn't care less about, but the actual gameplay is solid. It also looks nice and runs smoothly. I will spend more time with it for sure.

Seems decent enough

Nice! I'll pick this and Bonito Days up as some Thanksgiving games.

This also reminds me we never ever got Rhythm Doctor

This looks cool even tho I don’t like how long the intermissions between gameplay are. I wish we’d get a Tengoku collection on Switch, RT on GBA is still my favorite and the I hate that the Wii “collection” BtB is stuck on there, I’ve barely played it -_-

Bonito Days looks really cool! I’m weary that is more a mp affair and there’s a dearth of content going’s by this review:

Rhythm Doctor is still in Early Access, they said in September last year that they’d release EA on Steam on February 2021 (they did) prioritizing PC/Mac and should be able to announce plans for other platforms in late 2021. It’ll come, when we don’t know.

Last edited:
I haven't played it myself as I didn't have an Xbox, but I'd go over to my buddy's and watch him play.
Aah, so you know what it's like. In my opinion, it is still great, from the little I have replayed.

It's clearly an older game, but I think it was ahead of its time originally anyway.

Great, I haven’t even finished Baba Is You yet because it keeps kicking my ass. Free meaty updates are always welcome though!

Baba Is You is getting a meaty, free update on November 17th.

Level editor, share levels online, 150 new levels, new art, new music, previously cut content?

I was thinking that Baba's builder hat and the Yellow/Brown backgrounds were a subtle call back to Super Mario Maker... then the trailer finish with "Slopes?" LOL

Game is amazing and some serious mental gymnastics for your brain. Give it a chance if you are somehow interested in puzzles.

Last edited:
Endless Ocean Fans, have you heard of Beyond Blue?
screenshot02

screenshot01

Just launched on Switch.
Steam reviews are very positive.

About:

Beyond Blue is a single-player narrative adventure that takes you deep into our planet’s beating blue heart.​

Set in the near future, Beyond Blue explores the mysteries of our ocean through the eyes of Mirai, a deep sea explorer and scientist. Become a part of a newly-formed research team using groundbreaking technologies to see, hear, and interact with the ocean in a more meaningful way than has ever been attempted.
Features:
  • An evocative narrative with full voice cast - Anna Akana (YouTube), Mira Furlan (Lost, Babylon 5), Hakeem Kae-Kazim (Black Sails, Hotel Rwanda), and Ally Maki (Toy Story 4)
  • Exploration and adventure within an untouched world
  • A captivating and entertaining soundtrack featuring an original score and music from Miles Davis, The Flaming Lips, The Edisons, and more
  • Sixteen unique mini-documentaries called Ocean Insights that feature original footage and interviews with science’s leading ocean experts
Embracing the same inclusive development process that was used to create Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna), E-Line’s BAFTA award-winning game about Alaska Native culture, the company partnered with BBC Studios (developers of the acclaimed Blue Planet II), OceanX Media, world-class game makers, and some of science’s leading ocean experts to craft an experience that reflects the awesome wonder and unbounded mystery that infuses our planet’s beating blue heart.

Here's a Switch Review:

Btw I found some great games on deep sales -

Super Hiking League DX for 1.90
Null Drifter 1.50
Red Death 1.50
Dininho Adventures 1.65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom