• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Dec. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazilians that have a Brazilian account: Overcooked All You Can Eat tá por 60R$ e o Paypal tá com promoção de cupom de R$50,00, dá pra pegar código da eshop Br de R$50,00 na Nuuvem e pagar pelo Paypal (pode usar em qualquer outro jogo, eu usei pra pegar esse por R$10). Acabei de pegar o primeiro jogo da minha vida com minha conta Br usando isso. (Como pegar R$50 na eshop Br de graça)

Quoted by: Leo
Phew, I thought I was alone or that there were bad news I wasn't aware of. Honestly I can't wait to play it, it looks really good.

Any opinions on The Survivalists? It’s £5.99 for the Deluxe Edition and it’s one I have been interested in for a while. I see they had a road map of updates that were coming, any idea if they are still working on adding them to the game?

Can anyone recommend me some visual novels with more interaction? Like Famicom Detective Club or Phoenix Wright. Is there any?
Tangle Tower is somewhere between a VN and a PnC adventure. Really fun and satisfying game with excellent voice acting and dialogue.

Any opinions on The Survivalists? It’s £5.99 for the Deluxe Edition and it’s one I have been interested in for a while. I see they had a road map of updates that were coming, any idea if they are still working on adding them to the game?
Have you tried the demo?

Brazilians that have a Brazilian account: Overcooked All You Can Eat tá por 60R$ e o Paypal tá com promoção de cupom de R$50,00, dá pra pegar código da eshop Br de R$50,00 na Nuuvem e pagar pelo Paypal (pode usar em qualquer outro jogo, eu usei pra pegar esse por R$10). Acabei de pegar o primeiro jogo da minha vida com minha conta Br usando isso. (Como pegar R$50 na eshop Br de graça)

I think I'm gonna do this to get Taiko no Taitsujin, it's exactly 50 reais currently. Thanks!

Edit: it's over :(

Last edited:
So many excellent eShop deals! In Europe, there‘s also Giana Sisters Owltimate Edition discounted to 0.99 € (from 29.99 € — 96 % off)!

If I didn‘t have that many of these discounted games already, I would probably be interested in more than 100, honestly. 😅

I really recommend checking the whole deals sections, there are a lot of gems with nice discounts.

Hi you beautiful people - any opinions on Risk of Rain 2 on the Switch? Thinking about double dipping at the current sale price... but not if performance is worse than on my mediocre laptopt here :D
Also, how's gyro aiming for RoR?

Anyone played Umurangi Generation? I'm sure I heard that the performance wasn't great at launch. Was wondering if there have been any improvements.

I enjoyed it even with the performance issues, though as you can tell, I'm not sensitive to such things. I dug the game's style.

I just got this Nintendo video recommended in my YouTube feed, and I thought this was an excellent idea - indie developers recommends other indie games.

I just got this Nintendo video recommended in my YouTube feed, and I thought this was an excellent idea - indie developers recommends other indie games.

I really liked this video, thanks for sharing 😊

I've played lots of the games in it but not Garden Story - I'm very interested and would be grateful for any impressions! Have the updates addressed any of the criticisms it faced on release?

Runbow is down to $2.99 again. I found it to be an enjoyable competitive multiplayer/party-game platformer.

Just hit the end credits for A Monster's Expedition. Definitely a gem that should not be overlooked. I finished with 522 islands discovered, 136 exhibits seen, and 6 snowmen found in around 10 hours per the Switch activity log. I think the game does a great job of introducing new mechanics, and the developers managed to really come up with some great ideas considering all you do in the game is push trees down to get to new islands. There's a good mix of very simple puzzles and very hard ones (I admittedly had to look up a few that stumped me) as well as you progress. I really like the idea of the fog on the surrounding islands. Lets you see just enough so that you want to figure out how to get to the next one. I thought the conceit of the monster learning about humans through these exhibits was fun and whimsical, and a lot of the entries are pretty hilarious. I don't know whether I will go back and try to find the rest of the snowmen or the rest of the islands, but overall I'm very satisfied. I would definitely recommend this game if you're a fan of puzzle games, or if you just want to try something simple, but satisfying. I found it to be a pretty relaxing game to unwind with after work (even if I had to think about some of the puzzles lol).

I'm about to pull the trigger on some games, good idea or no? :
Iconoclasts
Blazblue Central Fiction
Worldend Syndrome
Jenny Leclue

Also, any recommendations are welcome, as long as they're €15 or cheaper. I have a tight budget :(.

Worldend Syndrome

Also, any recommendations are welcome, as long as they're €15 or cheaper. I have a tight budget :(.

I for one enjoyed Worldend Syndrome. It had pretty art, nice opening, and the premise of the story was my kinda thing too. Kind of like a Higurashi no Naku Koro ni premise!

But I did just directly follow a walkthrough because I just wanted to follow the story without getting confused about the different paths/routes haha.

Iconoclasts
Blazblue Central Fiction
Worldend Syndrome
Jenny Leclue

From this list, I have played Jenny Leclue. It's good while the game lasts, but the end is incomplete and very abrupt. It's clear that they plan a sequel. Not sure if I'd recommend it or not.

Some recommendations in the currently-lower-than-€15-price-range:
  • Steamworld Dig 2
  • Steamworld Heist
  • Rayman Legends
  • Guacamelee 1 or 2
  • Yooka-Laylee and the impossible lair
  • Spiritfarer
  • Child of Light
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Yoku's Island Express
  • A Short Hike
  • Steamworld Quest
  • Golf Story
  • Mario+Rabbids
  • Cuphead
  • The Darkside Detective
  • Lonely Mountains Downhill
  • Terraria
  • Final Fantasy VIII

Saints Row IV is also at a super low price right now. I haven't played this one yet though, but others seem to like it.

Blasphemous
Burnout Paradise Remastered
Katamari Damaci Reroll
Moonlighter
Little Nightmares
XCOM 2
Star Ocean First Departure R
Children of Morta
Taiko no Tatsujin Drum n Fun
God Eater 3
Lego City Undercover
West of Loathing
Going Under
Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion

Damn. There are a lot of good deals!

If you haven’t played it yet and you like walking simulators / narrative driven games, I urge you to buy Oxenfree for 0,99, just do it and thank me later for making you experience one of the best games of the last few years.

I for one enjoyed Worldend Syndrome. It had pretty art, nice opening, and the premise of the story was my kinda thing too. Kind of like a Higurashi no Naku Koro ni premise!

But I did just directly follow a walkthrough because I just wanted to follow the story without getting confused about the different paths/routes haha.
Good to know! I googled some impressions and they seemed positive as well. Seems like a good "before bed" type thing to read. I won't mind following a guide if I get stuck or confused. Thanks for the impression!

From this list, I have played Jenny Leclue. It's good while the game lasts, but the end is incomplete and very abrupt. It's clear that they plan a sequel. Not sure if I'd recommend it or not.

Some recommendations in the currently-lower-than-€15-price-range:
  • Steamworld Dig 2
  • Steamworld Heist
  • Rayman Legends
  • Guacamelee 1 or 2
  • Yooka-Laylee and the impossible lair
  • Spiritfarer
  • Child of Light
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Yoku's Island Express
  • A Short Hike
  • Steamworld Quest
  • Golf Story
  • Mario+Rabbids
  • Cuphead
  • The Darkside Detective
  • Lonely Mountains Downhill
  • Terraria
  • Final Fantasy VIII

Saints Row IV is also at a super low price right now. I haven't played this one yet though, but others seem to like it.
Hmmm, I'll pass on Jenny Leclue then, I need closure when I finish my games haha. I'll wait and see if they ever do a sequel. Thanks for the heads up!

Thank you for the recommendations, i already have the bolded ones, I also have some of them wishlisted now. I have some short questions if you don't mind.

What type of game is Spiritfarer exactly? I remember it from a Indie World showcase, but don't know what to make of it. I always saw it as some sim game with social elements? Don't know if it's for me.

Same question with Darkside detective, I've looked up some screenshots on Deku Deals, is it like an Ace Attorney game?

I'm going to get a Short Hike and Child of Light now, thanks to you!

I concur @Ahmed with passing on Jenny LeClue. Beyond the unsatisfying ending, the puzzles are mostly simple and there's a lot of just walking from point A to B without much interactivity or story happening for decent stretches. That was probably the indie I played in full that I was most disappointed with. I heartily second the Rayman, Impossible Lair, Short Hike and Yoku recommendations.

I concur @Ahmed with passing on Jenny LeClue. Beyond the unsatisfying ending, the puzzles are mostly simple and there's a lot of just walking from point A to B without much interactivity or story happening for decent stretches. That was probably the indie I played in full that I was most disappointed with. I heartily second the Rayman, Impossible Lair, Short Hike and Yoku recommendations.
Thank you, very much appreciated! I've removed it from my wishlist, that doesn't sound fun at all.

And thanks for the recommendations, I have all those you've named, except for a Short Hike. And I'll be sure to grab that one!

Thank you, very much appreciated! I've removed it from my wishlist, that doesn't sound fun at all.

And thanks for the recommendations, I have all those you've named, except for a Short Hike. And I'll be sure to grab that one!
Sure thing! I just made a post about some other indie recommendations, at least a couple of which are usually on sale.

Linking in case there are any you'd be interested in:

Not sure if you have Apple Arcade, but I think it is on that service if you really wanted to play it.

Sure thing! I just made a post about some other indie recommendations, at least a couple of which are usually on sale.

Linking in case there are any you'd be interested in:

Thank you! I'll have a look.

Not sure if you have Apple Arcade, but I think it is on that service if you really wanted to play it.
Unfortunately I don't, but thanks for the suggestion! I just heard some good stuff about it, that's why I was considering buying it. I barely know anything about it.

What type of game is Spiritfarer exactly? I remember it from a Indie World showcase, but don't know what to make of it. I always saw it as some sim game with social elements? Don't know if it's for me.

What it is "exactly" is hard to describe since it's a thing of its own. But it's not a sim. For example, it's task-driven with story elements.

I think IGNs review describes it well:

Same question with Darkside detective, I've looked up some screenshots on Deku Deals, is it like an Ace Attorney game?
It's a humorous point-and-click game, in the style of old PC point-and-click game. It's divided into many short cases (and when the main cases are solved there are some bonus cases that unlock). You might want to watch some Youtube clips of the game to see if you like the game's humor, since the writing is the main attraction here.

Picked up Runbow, can it really not be played in handheld mode when doing single player? It keeps asking me to remove the joycon and play tabletop.

What it is "exactly" is hard to describe since it's a thing of its own. But it's not a sim. For example, it's task-driven with story elements.

I think IGNs review describes it well:

It's a humorous point-and-click game, in the style of old PC point-and-click game. It's divided into many short cases (and when the main cases are solved there are some bonus cases that unlock). You might want to watch some Youtube clips of the game to see if you like the game's humor, since the writing is the main attraction here.
Thank you very much! I'll check it out.

I’m debating on adding to my backlog these 3 games:

Talos Principle
Lair of the Clockword God
Saints Row IV

But I would like to know how are the ports for Switch (performance) because I remember the first 2 games (Talos and Lair) having a rocky launch that I don’t know if it’s been addressed in later patches. Thanks in advance!

I’m debating on adding to my backlog these 3 games:

Talos Principle
Saints Row IV

But I would like to know how are the ports for Switch (performance) because I remember the first 2 games (Talos and Lair) having a rocky launch that I don’t know if it’s been addressed in later patches. Thanks in advance!

What was the the rocky launch issues that were mentioned in Talos Principle? I played it around a year ago, it's a 30 fps game and it doesn't look as photo realistic as a high-end PC, but since it's a puzzle game it's not unplayable in any way IMO.

The Saints Row IV performance has been mentioned by other both earlier in this thread and in the separate Saints Row IV deal thread.

Talos Principle
I enjoyed my time with both games, for what it's worth, but neither of them really run all that well.

I feel like Lair of the Clockwork God suffers from this more, as it also has some platforming gameplay. There was one level in particular where the frame rate was constantly below 20s, and though it wasn't always that bad, it was very rarely actually stable. I thought I had heard about a performance patch, but couldn't find anything with a quick googling.

Talos Principle has a performance mode that boosts the frame rate significantly. There's still occasional jitter and the graphical quality obviously takes some hit, but I didn't mind it in at least handheld mode.

What was the the rocky launch issues that were mentioned in Talos Principle? I played it around a year ago, it's a 30 fps game and it doesn't look as photo realistic as a high-end PC, but since it's a puzzle game it's not unplayable in any way IMO.

The Saints Row IV performance has been mentioned by other both earlier in this thread and in the separate Saints Row IV deal thread.

For Talos the performance mode with its variable framerate and the graphics mode with not so stable 30fps. Also the dizziness provoked by the FOV that can’t be changed in the switch version.

It seems that Saints Row IV is a very good port so I bought that.

I enjoyed my time with both games, for what it's worth, but neither of them really run all that well.

I feel like Lair of the Clockwork God suffers from this more, as it also has some platforming gameplay. There was one level in particular where the frame rate was constantly below 20s, and though it wasn't always that bad, it was very rarely actually stable. I thought I had heard about a performance patch, but couldn't find anything with a quick googling.

Talos Principle has a performance mode that boosts the frame rate significantly. There's still occasional jitter and the graphical quality obviously takes some hit, but I didn't mind it in at least handheld mode.

I caved in and also bought the Lair game. I’ll test it tonight to see if it’s good but thanks for your replies ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom