• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Dec. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Awards sale is on for NA

Cadence of Hyrule is finally on sale with all the DLC. I guess it’s finally time for me to buy that despite it only being 30% off but I have to ask, does the game have the replay value you expect from most roguelikes? HLTB has this game on the shorter side, I know they added new modes with the DLC but basically I wanna know how much incentive there is to replay the game over just beating it once and being done with it

Cadence of Hyrule is finally on sale with all the DLC. I guess it’s finally time for me to buy that despite it only being 30% off but I have to ask, does the game have the replay value you expect from most roguelikes? HLTB has this game on the shorter side, I know they added new modes with the DLC but basically I wanna know how much incentive there is to replay the game over just beating it once and being done with it

Sucks that TGA sale is always NA exclusive -_- although with my backlog reaching 40+ just for Switch it might be a blessing in diguise lol (yet I still have 50+ games on wishlist that I’m checking every other day, I’m hopeless).

…I just want Good Job! and The Stretchers on 33%off again, please?

I grabbed the dlc myself. Base game is fun and has several randomized modes alongside story

I've spent a few hours with Loop Hero today and it's really addictive and fun. It's built around such a simple and compelling concept. I can see myself putting a lot of time into this one!

Is the BotW DLC worth it for $14? I keep meaning to go back to BotW and explore more and I’m hoping that would give me enough of an incentive.

Is the BotW DLC worth it for $14? I keep meaning to go back to BotW and explore more and I’m hoping that would give me enough of an incentive.
Personally, I'd say definitely yes - I got it after completing the base game and I went on to put many more hours into the DLC. The rewards for completing it are great and really add to the fun of roaming through Hyrule.

Omigosh, yes. It's a must honestly. The Hero's Path feature alone is worth $14. If you're anything like me the ability to see where I'd been on the map for the last 200 hours of gameplay was a massive upgrade. The actual DLC content is fun and challenging, too, with clever shrines and Eventide Island-esque gameplay in some parts. The franchise themed armor is rad, too. Not to mention stuff like an item that lets you set a warp point anywhere. Huge QoL improvements with some of these.

I've started a new job a few weeks ago and I'm in that phase where I have to catch-up with a million of things and I've no time to post here, this makes me so sad =( I just want to say that I'm having a blast with Big Brain Academy: it's a perfect game for short sessions, the local multiplayer is amazing and competing on the global leaderboard is addictive af. I urge you all to give it a try.

I've started a new job a few weeks ago and I'm in that phase where I have to catch-up with a million of things and I've no time to post here, this makes me so sad =( I just want to say that I'm having a blast with Big Brain Academy: it's a perfect game for short sessions, the local multiplayer is amazing and competing on the global leaderboard is addictive af. I urge you all to give it a try.
How much content is there? Is it like 20 games in total?

How much content is there? Is it like 20 games in total?
Yup, there are 20 mini games. I don't think it's worth it if you want to play it only in single player mode, even tough trying to reach a gold medal with three stars is each game is super challenging and can require a lot of effort/time. I recommend to buy it if you can play it in party mode and you want to try to climb the global ladder, playing against the "ghosts" of players from all over the world is a blast.

Loop hero is awesome but I just can't tear myself away from Dead Cells, 20xx, and Skul. Roguelikes got me GOOD right now.

Yup, there are 20 mini games. I don't think it's worth it if you want to play it only in single player mode, even tough trying to reach a gold medal with three stars is each game is super challenging and can require a lot of effort/time. I recommend to buy it if you can play it in party mode and you want to try to climb the global ladder, playing against the "ghosts" of players from all over the world is a blast.
Thanks for the impressions.

I’m sad the Record of Lodoss War game got a last minute delay to January 28. Was going to be my last game of the year…well I guess if Indie World doesn’t come through next week.

Yeah loop hero is effing amazing.

Won't be for everyone due to its repetitive nature. But it's quickly become one of my faves this year.

Has anyone played Sheepo? I've wishlisted it after seeing a trailer, but haven't seen much discussion or impressions on it. It's currently on sale in at least the EU eShop.

I wasn't planning on buying any new games this month but I had a $10 Best Buy rewards certificate so in conjunction with their sale I got Big Brain Academy for five bucks! Not too shabby.

Also, it's not on sale or anything, but on a whim I decided to fire up Dicey Dungeons for the first time in a while over the weekend and I got hooked all over again. It's such a great fit for portable play. Fantastic game.

Just reached the end credit of A Monster's Expedition, with 485 islands discovered (seems to be over 700 islands in total). I don't think I have ever played a puzzle game that has been that satisfying, for a number of reasons:
  • The mechanics is really simple (you can only move and push, and the only objects you can move are logs), yet they expand that concept massively throughout the whole game. Even just before I reached the end, I was presented with some new puzzle ideas.
  • It's truly an open-world puzzle game. Quite a few puzzles have different solutions, which would affect the direction where you could travel and what you'll find.
  • Some puzzles (islands) are connected into larger meta puzzles.
  • It's really good at gradually describing new mechanics. (Such as: it starts out as a 2D puzzle game, but adds a kind of 3D concept later on.)
  • The more tricky tasks (finding the snow men) are optional.
  • The puzzles are small, so it never becomes overwhelmingly complex to understand what to achieve.
  • There is a well-balanced mix between the more difficult puzzles, easy stuff (just move a log to get to the next island) and humorous events.

Such a great game! I'll go back and try to reach the remaining islands as well.

Last edited:
Just reached the end credit of A Monster's Expedition, with 485 island discovered (seems to be over 700 islands in total). <snip>

Such a great game! I'll go back and try to reach the remaining islands as well.
Okay, once I complete Baba Is You I’m buying A Monster’s Expedition next.

… granted, that may take a while yet. Those logic puzzles are damn hard.

I've been wondering about The Wild at Heart, it looks lovely and something that everyone would be talking about if the gameplay was on the same level as the visuals, but since it's barely mentioned I just assumed it was mediocre. Has anyone actually played it?

I've been wondering about The Wild at Heart, it looks lovely and something that everyone would be talking about if the gameplay was on the same level as the visuals, but since it's barely mentioned I just assumed it was mediocre. Has anyone actually played it?
I believe @Raytro has!

I believe @Raytro has!
You right! Thanks for the ping 👍

I did a 100% playthrough back in June when the game released on Gamepass. It really was excellent! One of my best surprise this year (I finished near 90 games this year and I gave it a solid 9/10!).

Gameplay is pretty cool and mechanics well crafted; it's similar to Pikmin with some mechanics you don't have in Pikmin, such as crafting and a vacuum that makes you able to do some puzzles like in Luigi's Mansion.
Since it got physically released on Switch (and because I didn't buy it back at the launch), I bought it on Switch 2 weeks ago. Didn't play it on Switch so far (I'll do it again in for the New Year I guess) but what I'm hearing is the game runs well except maybe some loadings a bit long. Devs are on the problem and hopefully it'll get patched soon. Speaking of devs, they listen to the community a lot and fixed most - if not all - the problems the game had some months ago. And they released a big update with QoL additions and new contents when the game launched on Switch. Can't wait to see by myself all the things they added!

Anyway if you have any specific question about the game feel free to ask me!

Last edited:
You right! Thanks for the ping 👍

I did a 100% playthrough back in June when the game released on Gamepass. It really was excellent! One of my best surprise this year (I finished near 90 games this year and I gave it a solid 9/10!).

Gameplay is pretty cool and mechanics well crafted; it's similar to Pikmin with some mechanics you don't have in Pikmin, such as crafting and a vacuum that makes you able to do some puzzles like in Luigi's Mansion.
Since it got physically released on Switch (and because I didn't buy it back at the launch), I bought it on Switch 2 weeks ago. Didn't play it on Switch so far (I'll do it again in for the New Year I guess) but what I'm hearing is thé game runs well except maybe some loadings a bit long. Devs are on the problem and hopefully it'll get patched soon. Speaking of devs, they listen to the community a lot and fixed most - if not all - the problems the game had some months ago. And they released a big update with QoL additions and new contents when the game launched on Switch. Can't wait to see by myself all the things they added!

Anyway if you have any specific question about the game feel free to ask me!

Sounds awesome! I was drawn to it just by the artstyle, and I love Pikmin so I just needed to know if the game is good. Will definitely get it, thanks! :D

Here's the shadowdrops featured in today's Indie World!

There was also a demo for Figment 2 dropped.

I thought it was a pretty decent Indie World tbh. Very happy I waited on Chicory and Omori!

Last edited:
Apparently, Redout II arrives on the Switch next year.

The interesting thing here is that Nicalis doesn't seem to publish the game now (Saber Interactive is the publisher, which makes sense since they own the studio now).

Heads up that Big Brain Academy is 50% ($14.99) at Best Buy right now. Seems like a mistake as that's a pretty quick drop for a game that just came out.
I'm probably still going to pass on the game, even at that price. Just doesn't really look that interesting to me.

It's still available for that price. I played the demo, was hoping for a good family game, but selecting the choices ist just cumbersome. Will also pass on that one.

For what it's worth, I'm glad that I didn't pass on Big Brain Academy because I am loving it! It is super addictive competing against ghosts from all over the world, unlocking cosmetics for your avatar and trying to set high scores. Games are quick (and get tricky as the difficulty increases!) so it's a great pick up and play title. It's a good casual "play for a few minutes each day" brain game, but I also think if you're into score chasing and going for high rankings it's worth a look, especially while it's so cheap.

Lots of good games on sale, but not much from my wishlist (or not at my ideal price).

Any recommendations from today’s sale? I’m eying up

The Survivalists Deluxe
Brothers a Take of Two Sons
SpeedRunners

Potentially considering Lego Marvel 2 despite owning on PS4 as well.....

Price drop (x17): Octodad: Dadliest Catch €2,79, The Darkside Detective €4,54, Machinarium €2,99, and 14 more
🙃

Already picked up Mon Amour, a Flappy Bird -like from Onion Games. There are quite few games I didn't have wishlisted that I may end up getting too, as the sales are quite steep

This has been a great few months for me. I got $100 eshop credit last month as gifts, so I bought SMTV, Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon and Chicory. Those will carry me for a while, until the rush of PS5 games in Q1 2022!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom