• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should quote his actual post because the way you phrased it can be read quite differently as if it is certainly happening.

“I haven't given any comment on a Direct for June yet. Stay tuned.” - Nate if it is him.

This is consistent with his posts here. You can check the “who replied” feature to see all of his posts directly.

Edit: Appreciate the hunt for info to share with the thread to be clear. Just Nate has expressed many times how disappointed and frustrated he is when he is misquoted.
I didn't know about this feature, but it's super helpful! And I guess I was just a little bit too excited about a bit of info I didn't know about, apologies.

That Reddit account does date back a while and it comments like how we would expect Nate to talk; So I'm going to say real on this one.

apparently Sony isn't going to Gamescom

by the Dring logic that Nintendo not going to E3 means they have no games this means that Nintendo has more games than Sony

since Sony had an event recently this is proof of not one but two June Directs

it's just math

Fridays are always slow for Direct discussion. It does feel like we are getting a bit more smoke June, but I'm going to stick with my gut and say we get a Direct in late July early August before Gamescon.

Some very early predictions from me:

Nintendo reveals: Whatever Mario, Fire Emblem Geneology, F-zero
Reminders: Pikmin 4
DLC update: TotK (opener), Splatoon 3, Mario Rabbids
Release dates: Daemon X Machina 2 (full reveal)
Square reveals: FF Tactics, SaGa, Dragon Quest Monsters (No DQ3)
Namco reveals: Soul Calibur collection, Tales of Arise
Sega reveals: Mario Sonic Olympics
Indie reveals: The Raft, Steamworld 3, Steamworld Build shadowdrop
Others: Wild Hearts, Crash Wumpa League, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Anno 1800, Lara Croft/Underworld shadowdrop, Cruis'n 2, that secret Team Ninja game

Closer: Monster Hunter Rise 2 for spring 2024. I seriously believe next MH game will be on Switch, not successor. They're not gonna wait until the next system gains some userbase.

so, who's on team next week?
Next week is the first week a Direct is likely. 4 weeks on from Zelda's launch, clear of forthcoming first party games, and just after several other events from other companies are out the way.

Personally wondering if the following week is likelier. Either way, next Tuesday is probably the earliest time for an announcement, assuming Nintendo stick to their usual Wednesday or Thursday preference for broadcasting a Direct.

I'll jump back in if there's any bombshell comments, but it seems like there won't be much to talk about over the next few days. I think Tuesday is when the fun really begins. Looking forward to another unhinged summer of speculation!

Some very early predictions from me:

Closer: Monster Hunter Rise 2 for spring 2024. I seriously believe next MH game will be on Switch, not successor. They're not gonna wait until the next system gains some userbase.

This is 100% not happening lol. Next MH is MH6 and it won't be on Switch, most likely on the successor as a late port after it releases on all platforms.

The next portable MH team game ain't happening until MH6 expansion finishes.

You know what.
E2L_YZFNFt1Zlc_R4hHLVhAwoYemo6-NCYDTHcoBD5o.jpg

Nah I‘m thinking the week after, June 21st or 22nd.
Sounds about right, last year, it was about 2 weeks after Xbox when Persona games got announced for Switch in a Direct. I'm expecting the same timeframe and P3RE and P5T gets announced for Switch in a Direct.

Fake: Sony isn't going
I see you've been posting some interesting things on Twitter.. Not poking/asking for more info, but I was wondering if you would be down to summarize your tweets in the thread here? I would myself but the twitter translation is a bit rough 😅

This is 100% not happening lol. Next MH is MH6 and it won't be on Switch, most likely on the successor as a late port after it releases on all platforms.

The probable wait until then is going to be painful.

No faith in the two Persona games that leaked showing up?
MS has them. This time they won't re-appear on Direct but will get confirmed for Switch.

I didn't say anything about Switch exclusivity ;)

I think "two separate lines" for MH thing ended when they ported Rise to PS and Xbox. I predict Rise's model will be the main model moving on, unified single series. Home consoles having their own MH game made sense only if Switch MH was exclusive to it.

Rise 2, might have a different name, will be on all consoles.

I also think next MH game will be the final Capcom game for Switch. If the next MH game isn't for Switch, then we won't have any Capcom games for Nintendo until the day the successor arrives. No AA7, no Megaman, those do not exist (6 years for AA7? There's something going on).

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought when they announced the P3P and P4G ports for Switch that was in a Direct?
Yeah, I said this time it won't happen again. Getting all three Persona games was a huge thing, but a remake? They can use Direct spots for something that's not revealed in someone else's presentation.

I see you've been posting some interesting things on Twitter.. Not poking/asking for more info, but I was wondering if you would be down to summarize your tweets in the thread here? I would myself but the twitter translation is a bit rough 😅

Nothing to riddle here, I've just been told of Direct happening this month
The Sonic 2D thing was one that I've knew since december last year and commented on Twitter back in january

I have some bits here and there but need more time to have a "sure jam" before share anywhere (including Nintendo thing exclusively for Brazil market)

There are rumours going on about an upcoming Final Fantasy X remake which is not that surprising since I believe is one of the best selling entries in the series.

Which leads me to my next point: Do you know what also sold very well from a Nintendo franchise? Twilight Princess.

I have been asking this for a while since, unlike Wind Waker, TP's visuals haven't aged well at all and not even the remaster could do much for them. TP would be a great candidate for a full-blown remake due that it was the best selling entry in the Zelda series until BOTW arrived, not to mention that is basically the classic 3D Zelda formula perfected and people have been asking for a new one of those considering that the series is going forward with the open world direction.

I initially thought that a remake on Switch would suffice since the graphical jump from Wii to now was fairly big but now I believe it would be better to have it as a Switch 2 launch title just like the original was for the Wii. TP would also benefit from having better interconnected areas, don't make it "open world" just make the navigation flow more naturally, improve some of the pacing and maybe even make some of the settings denser in terms of content.

Nothing to riddle here, I've just been told of Direct happening this month
The Sonic 2D thing was one that I've knew since december last year and commented on Twitter back in january

I have some bits here and there but need more time to have a "sure jam" before share anywhere (including Nintendo thing exclusively for Brazil market)
The Mario & Sonic Olympic game you talked about could very well be a Partner Showcase announcement

Yeah, I said this time it won't happen again. Getting all three Persona games was a huge thing, but a remake? They can use Direct spots for something that's not revealed in someone else's presentation.
Yes, because getting a mainline Persona, even just a remake, day 1 with Sony and MS is a really big deal. Nintendo could have easily just done a twitter "persona 3-5 coming to Switch too", but they knew that having a big deal reveal at their show was important.

Spoilers, Nintendo will almost assuredly show off Mortal Kombat 1 in a summer direct and Terf Legacy in a fall direct. Those are two of the biggest 3rd party launches coming to Switch this year, you're absolutely going to market them in your big marketing event for upcoming Switch games.

I'm actually surprisingly confident that we'll know every platform P3R and P5T are coming to by the end of Sunday.
I say Tuesday. Microsoft has this stupid marketing deal where the developer can't announce other platforms until 48 hours like last year with P3-5.

Tuesday will announce Steam/PS4/PS5 and maybe Switch. If no Switch, wait another week until the Direct. If it's not there...Atlus can screw themselvesl lol.

However, knowing Atlus, they will leak other platforms about a day before official announcement so maybe Monday lol.

true but it's highly unlikely we get a Partner Showcase with no first party games announced for fall

unless, of course, it's true that they don't have any
Or they need an overflow presentation for some reason, such as wanting to keep third party Switch 1 releases separate so as not to get overshadowed.

The overshadowing argument is about to get reversed, we’re gonna get a direct so that Everybody’s 1-2 Switch IS overshadowed.
I don't think I've ever seen a company more embarrassed and ashamed to be releasing a game then Nintendo has been with E1-2S.

Seeing the gameplay trailer of MK1 I can only wonder how the hell they'll put it on Switch. A whole other build using some MK11 assets? Pre-rendered backgrounds?

Sonic tho looks really really impressive but it's actually quite feasible, we've seen some indies and 2D games just as impressive on the Switch, it's just that it's minimalistic and 2D style makes it mind blowing. I mean the NSMB aesthetic got everyone tired of it but the "models"(I remember seeing they went for a mid ground between sprites and modeling) were very rounded and everything was very clear.

I expect the 2D Mario game to rely heavily on 2.5D or something and be in the same ground as Dread, with Luigi's Mansion 3 being the dream but ain't happening imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom