• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe I have yet to post in this thread when we are only 25 hours away from a General Direct announcement.

Ready for Octopath III and IV to be simultaneously announced on the 21st!

Fun fact, Nintendo did not have an Direct scheduled for this week, or even this month, but after reading this thread and Lucas's posts they started believing they actually had one.
Furukawa himself sent s message asking the people who make the directs if the videos were already in place and everything was set.
That's why Lukas can tell so much stuff with confidence, it's being done to match his posts.

“Join us on Wednesday 21/06 at 6pm PT for a brand new Nintendo 3/4 length Direct! Hosted by MC Horace, this new type of Direct will focus mainly on Everybody 1,2 Switch, Pikmin 4 and the rest of our 2023 line-up.”

Fun fact, Nintendo did not have an Direct scheduled for this week, or even this month, but after reading this thread and Lucas's posts they started believing they actually had one.
Furukawa himself sent s message asking the people who make the directs if the videos were already in place and everything was set.
That's why Lukas can tell so much stuff with confidence, it's being done to match his posts.

Quick, get him to claim there is a 9D Donkey Kong game and a new Rhythm Heaven.

“Join us on Wednesday 21/06 at 6pm PT for a brand new Nintendo 3/4 length Direct! Hosted by MC Horace, this new type of Direct will focus mainly on Everybody 1,2 Switch, Pikmin 4 and the rest of our 2023 line-up.”
If the game was any good and they weren’t trying to hide it, having MC Horace host the direct would be great lol

It's not a Mini, I don't know how many times I need to repeat that first footage of MP4 and 2D Mario announcement will not be in Mini. It's just a delusional at this point, you can't accept the fact that we are getting General Direct in 2 days.
dang, I love how blunt you are about this lol

Oh surely, I'm honestly a bit surprised there's quite a bit of people still doubting this happening at this point.
I’d be surprised if there are many people in here who doubt that something is happening this week.

It’s more so not everyone is convinced on what kind of direct we’re getting.

You'd be surprised at just how contained the "Direct is happening" group is within Famiboards. There's (understandable) doubt almost everywhere else.

It's alrighty for today's standards, I suppose; But they left out the Sprixie Princess from Ultra Smash, so it's a 4/10.
But we get Pauline playable for the first time EVER instead, and not one, but TWO Piranha Plants (Petey and Fire), so it's an 11/10

But yeah, Sluggers is way too good and basically put future games to shame

Wait, if we get a new 2D Mario game for Switch, would that mean that the next 3D Mario game would be the one launch game for Swithc 2 or whatever console they do next? (Well, in case that’s a 2024 thing)

Wait, if we get a new 2D Mario game for Switch, would that mean that the next 3D Mario game would be the one launch game for Swithc 2 or whatever console they do next? (Well, in case that’s a 2024 thing)

That’s how I see it. 3D Mario launching with Switch 2. It is by far the smartest business move.

You know, I'm not sure why some people are expecting a cross-gen period of a couple of years. They'll probably just do one cross gen game at most like they've done in the past (BOTW, Twilight Princess, etc.) and just exclusively develop and release for the next system from that point forward. There will be outliers like of course TPC, but that will be about it.

Nintendo promo.

However, since when does the switch have mario baseball?!?!

Coming soon? Nintendo Direct? Zippo being right? It all makes sense

fetchimage

I tried to post this a few weeks ago, but the root sports mobile app to watch it up here won’t let you screen cap. Definitely a new render.

Also, that pitch is nasty with the run back to the plate when it looks like it’s breaking in.

But still, this feels very odd, like, it's cool that Nintendo would use thematically appropriate artwork for a sponsorship, but Nintendo is not cool (most of the time) so why now?
I have been begging for a new Mario Baseball game, but Nintendo including Mario's Sluggers art at baseball games is not confirmation. It's at Seattle Mariners games which I believe Nintendo still owns a small piece of. They've used thjs Mario art at Mariners games for a whjle.

You just revealed the truth.

If you take the last part of name Lukas' name, Manak, turn the M and n upside down, you get a W and u, respectively. Wauak. Rearrange Wauak and you, you get -UKAWA.

You're not fooling anyone, Lukas, or, should I say, FURUKAWA.

You know, I'm not sure why some people are expecting a cross-gen period of a couple of years. They'll probably just do one cross gen game at most like they've done in the past (BOTW, Twilight Princess, etc.) and just exclusively develop and release for the next system from that point forward. There will be outliers like of course TPC, but that will be about it.
While Nintendo rarely does it, given how much of an issue scarcity has been with more recent consoles they might have to. Also it won't be coming off the back of a (for want of a better term) failed generation, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're less inclined to completely ignore such a massive install base.

Last edited:
That might also mean that it’s in a new artstyle, which could be very exciting considering how Oddyssey felt like a mismatch of stuff
Wasn’t that the purpose of Odyssey though? Him traveling to all kinds of unique places on the planet giving each area its own style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom