• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean we're finally going to riot?

Oh BOY!

Do i still have time to ask my friend if i can borrow some of their old pitchforks from their farm?
spongebob-squarepants.gif

What if... Starfox 99. Based off the Starfox 64 multiplayer but with huge maps to battle royale your way through. 🤔

Nothing new there. Physical digital codes like this(↓) are called download cards(ダウンロードカード) in Japanese.

atsumare-doubutsu-no-mori-download-card2-scaled.jpg
But Nintendo does love to go "Pre-orders begin TODAY" at the end of a segment on a Nintendo Direct.

The only way I could see someone accurately predicting the MP4 subtitle is if Tanabe went with the time travel idea and its either something simple like "Flux" or four syllabled like "Chronology"

I’m a believer that Switch 2 will be launching sometime in the spring of 2024. As such, I don’t think we see a ton of new 1st party games for Switch at this time. My guess is there’s one major EPD title left, with a brand new 2D Mario making the most sense as the title to carry this holiday. I think the rest of the lineup for 2H 2023 with be port heavy, with an F-Zero Gx a slam dunk. I could see a small party or sports type game as well, but not expecting multiple heavy hitters.

While Metroid Prime 4 is possible this year, I see it more likely being a duel release on Switch 1 & 2 in the spring next year similar to BotW. I’d expect Metroid plus new Mario Kart and 2D Donkey Kong games to anchor the initial release period. Again, like with the original Switch, a new 3D Mario from the Tokyo would be the 2024 holiday title.

Considering Nate said that the 2 remaster is more ambitious than the first one, I'm not even confident it's coming to Switch (even if it could easily run it), let alone any other entries in the franchise.
IIRC tri-ace haven't developed a game for Nintendo consoles since the Star Ocean game on Gameboy.
Anything would be more ambitious than SO1 port for Switch, it's not even properly remastered in HD. Just got its character art replaced.

I'm very confident that SO2 will be on Switch. It's leaked so reveal should be so close and Square reveals remasters always on Directs. PS4 got both 1 and 2 it's the Switch missing the second game.

And no, tri-ace did that Valkyrie Profile tactics game on DS. They haven't done anything since then because... they haven't done anything but Star Ocean since then. Rest is assist job.

It's still fucking bullshit Mario Super Sluggers never released in Europe. I never knew this game existed until a couple of months ago, then I saw the roster and almost started crying
maxresdefault.jpg
The first one which did release in Europe, the Gamecube one, wasn't even translated !
Which was absolutely wild to 9 years old or so me at the time, having to play a Mario game that wasn't a NES game in english.

Thankfully Harvest Moon games had me prepared for games in english lol, I learnt all my basics with A Wonderful Life

Thanx for the Pikmin demo tip.
I usually don’t want anything from Directs but I would really love to have Metroid Prime 2 and 3 remastered, even if these don’t match the remastering of the first one.

I feel SO2 remaster is not the only game Switch will get. They're gonna do something like "Legendary RPG series is now on Switch! SO2-3-4 coming soon!". Not sure about 5 and 6 but 6 kinda bombed last year, I wouldn't be surprised we get that one too. Skipping 5.

For physical, look out for Play-asia. Usually the only place that sells SE physicals.
Hm... I'd be very happy if we only get SO 2.
Sure, for preservation sake, why not add SO 3 and 4 but they clearly are among the worst JRPG ever. The writing is horrendous.

SO 3 :
Survivor : Oh oh oh ! Your parents are behind ?
Fayt : Yes...
Survivor : Ah ah ah ! So are the monsters ! Maybe the monsters are eating them, right now !
Fayt : ...
Survivor : Eh eh eh ! I'm sure they won't last long against the monsters !
Fayt : ...

Interlude :
Me : Dear tri-Ace, could you fire the person who writes for you and hire a real one, please ?
tri-Ace : Hmm... I don't know. Look, we're doing a new Star Ocean. 'kay ?
Me : Well... I'll give it a try.
tri-Ace : How nice of you, 'kay ?
Me : You're... welcome ?
tri-Ace : 'kay ?

SO 4 :
Lylme : 'kay ?
Sarah : Death means you die ?
Meracle : Hello Edge, NYA ! How are you, NYA ? I'm horny, NYA !
Lymle : 'kay ?
Sarah : Tee hi ! If Edge is sad, it means he isn't happy !
Meracle : I have breasts, NYA !
Lymle : 'kay ?

It's still fucking bullshit Mario Super Sluggers never released in Europe. I never knew this game existed until a couple of months ago, then I saw the roster and almost started crying
maxresdefault.jpg
To be fair I’m really not surprised at them skipping releasing US sports games in Europe back then. So much stuff didn’t come over that it felt random at times. I was always mystified why we didn’t get Square releasing FFVI but did get however many John Madden American Football games etc

maxresdefault.jpg
Pre 2010 Nintendo truly was a wild west, to the point where this random Mario baseball game remains King K. Rool's final non-Smash Bros. appearance to this day.

The reason behind voting for September is pretty easy: If there is a direct earlier you win because you still get a direct. If it isn't you win because you're getting a direct as predicted but weren't disappointed because you didn't put up hopes to be surprised by the ever enigmatic Nintendo marketing department!

Well since Nintendo moved the September direct to June, and then replaced that with another September direct, Team September wins twice.

Is there anything stopping it from being announced for tomorrow?

I know Wednesday or even Thursday are more likely, but does anything make an announcement today unlikely?

I know Wednesday or even Thursday are more likely, but does anything make an announcement today unlikely?
today's a national holiday in the United States but otherwise imo no

Isn’t that a bit circular though? Wednesday and Thurs are much more likely based on history, making an announcement today much less likely.

Good morning Fami!

To the tune of “This is the way we wash our hands”

This is the week we see Prime 4
See Prime 4
See Prime 4
This is the week we see Prime 4
It’s going to look raaaaaadddd

B E L I E V E

If it’s a partner, maybe 30 minutes? I think last year’s was pretty beefy in size.

If it’s a general, then 40 minutes is pretty much the standard.

"Pre-orders for Metroid Prime Fore! begin today, and a special demo will be available next week featuring the first course of story mode."

My direct prediction is that Nintendo gives us just enough games to question whether Switch 2 will actually release in Spring 2024 but not quite enough games to show they are confident in Switch lasting through 2024. That uneasy middle area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom