• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CFyO6J3.png

In order to make a crossword puzzle you first have to know how to spell

I dunno I expected something this month cause Nintendo reliably puts stuff out in June, and us having a completely blank schedule post July points to a full direct. Time will tell

The Xbox show being good really has people frothing at the mouth for Nintendo to take their turn, huh

inb4 all we get for the rest of the month is a Stinky Horse gameplay reveal Tweet
the general directs have been too good for too long...gotta have a stinker

The Xbox show being good really has people frothing at the mouth for Nintendo to take their turn, huh

inb4 all we get for the rest of the month is a Stinky Horse gameplay reveal Tweet
personally im hoping for a disaster just to see reactions

Catching up on this thread from the mid-70s pages was quite a ride! Sounds like there's a respectable amount of smoke for a Direct in the next two weeks or so. I like it.

I totally missed the poll results - did Nate actually vote June at some point?

Catching up on this thread from the mid-70s pages was quite a ride! Sounds like there's a respectable amount of smoke for a Direct in the next two weeks or so. I like it.

I totally missed the poll results - did Nate actually vote June at some point?
Yes

Me before beating Zelda: Why would I care about whether we get a June Direct? I’m going to play Zelda forever.

Me after having just beat Zelda: Pwease mister Nintendo… can I have some more video game news…

Well, PlayStation and Xbox have shown their hands. Time for you to show yours, Nintendo. Is it gonna be a 7-2 hand where it's not good or is it gonna be a royal flush that blows the other two out of the water and wins you Not-E3?

I just found all the Koroks in TotK and Hestu revealed the date of the Direct. Not gonna post it here so as to not spoil the fun for people
It's time to go Korok hunting, folks. And here I thought I was done with that game. I have about 350 seeds, so I've got a long way to go.

I would love for a direct to be as soon as this week. The following week, however, would give them some distance from most of the other presentations and allow them to be the sole topic of conversation.

I would love for a direct to be as soon as this week. The following week, however, would give them some distance from most of the other presentations and allow them to be the sole topic of conversation.
I feel like, if it's a General, the minute Nintendo announces a Direct all attention is diverted to that. Given that I think Ubisoft Forward is the final major one tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo announces one Tuesday or something.

I just found all the Koroks in TotK and Hestu revealed the date of the Direct. Not gonna post it here so as to not spoil the fun for people

If you give Patricia, the (best) sand seal splash fruit she will give you a bunch of mysterious numbers that give you the date of the Direct too.

Me before beating Zelda: Why would I care about whether we get a June Direct? I’m going to play Zelda forever.

Me after having just beat Zelda: Pwease mister Nintendo… can I have some more video game news…
I'm convinced that Zelda just doesn't end, and I'm enjoying almost every second of it, seriously concerned I won't be done with it by pikmin 4's release lol.

I'm convinced that Zelda just doesn't end, and I'm enjoying almost every second of it, seriously concerned I won't be done with it by pikmin 4's release lol.
The ending definitely snuck up on me. I will probably go back to do more side quests and such.

The ending definitely snuck up on me. I will probably go back to do more side quests and such.
honestly I'm ready to roll credits tonight or tomorrow but go back to finish up a couple side quests myself. I've done alot and I think there are 2 or 3 side quests I actually want to finish.

Realistically I won’t finish Zelda until late July or so, but it’s still fun to see what’s coming, you know?

i know for a fact it wont be this week , i remember Nintendo saying they didnt want it seem like they were a part of summer game fest last year
Nintendo has never officially stated anything in regards to Summer Game Fest, this was something that was reported.

so with Necrolipe being on Team June (correct me if I'm wrong), Nate being a bit 50/50 about a June Direct (again correct me if I'm wrong or if I'm misinterpreting what's going on), I'm a lot more confident in June, even than I was before.

I'm just trying to figure out how Grubb came to his "early rumblings of something happening in July" conclusion.

If Necrolipe's belief of a direct relies mostly upon Mario and Sonic at the Olympics being a thing soon, it's a tricky situation because that could mean a number of different things.

so with Necrolipe being on Team June (correct me if I'm wrong), Nate being a bit 50/50 about a June Direct (again correct me if I'm wrong or if I'm misinterpreting what's going on), I'm a lot more confident in June, even than I was before.

I'm just trying to figure out how Grubb came to his "early rumblings of something happening in July" conclusion.
It appears like everyone is on team June. Maybe Jeff Grubb has heard about another presentation nintendo is doing in July like an Indies showcase

My prediction is a Partner Showcase in late June/Early July at this point tbh. That's the easiest way I'd reconcile Grubb and Nate's statements.

I genuinely don't know. Trying to think of options and I don't think anything may sense if there is a direct with 1st party games this month. Would they separate 3rd party stuff for its own direct in July? That would be so weird when it is better to do a normal general. It's a month earlier than a typical nindies direct too. Soooo I'm just left shrugging lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom