• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LEGO Mario as this summer's Mario spin-off would be pretty interesting. I'd love to see something new or unusual, other than the sports sub series, given it's a big year for Super Mario.

New Super Mario World this Christmas; LEGO Mario this summer; Mario vs DK collection on the eShop. Captain Toad 2 also somewhere somehow.
As I remember, about lego games, the leaks and rumors said that this year the game will be Lego Disney, for the 100 years of Wonder

Captain Toad 2 is literally my dream game. But given the Tokyo hirings I really doubt it happening, don't see any other team doing it.
Captain Toad 2 is 2D Tokyo game

While a new DK is 3D Tokyo title.

Heavily outsourced projects while main EPD studio is making next 3D Mario for Switch 2

As I remember, about lego games, the leaks and rumors said that this year the game will be Lego Disney, for the 100 years of Wonder
woah really? nice

LEGO Mario and Kirby Musou both must happen someday, I believe

(especially wonderful since we would get lego luigis mansion content)

I feel completely different here. I would love a Mario Warriors game, but above that I would give my left arm for a Xenoblade Warriors game.

Oh I totally want Xenoblade Warriors but a Mario one would look so different to all the anime style ones we’ve had recently. Be nice to mix it up with that first.

still crazy to me that we don't have a Kirby party game considering the amount of minigames the series already has. Let ND Cube work on Kirby Party !

Holy smoke, only two pages in 24 hours ? And people keep expecting a Direct in January ? Can’t happen if the thread is as dead as a Turrican Anthology patch !

epdtokyo.png

The almost total withdrawal of the insiders is producing its effects
I think it's more just the fact that with Fire Emblem coming out next week, there's basically zero chance we get anything before that. So we're looking at ~11 days before things really kick into gear again. Once FE is out, things will pick up a lot, don't worry!

Holy smoke, only two pages in 24 hours ? And people keep expecting a Direct in January ? Can’t happen if the thread is as dead as a Turrican Anthology patch !
As others are saying, Fire Emblem next week pretty much rules out a Direct. Things should start to pick up again in a couple of weeks, unless something vaguely credible leaks before then.

No direct is happening in the next two weeks so this topic will move slow. There’s nothing to discuss.
A whole bunch of people also bet on a contest to win money, so they're incentivized to post or not post to get the count closer to their winning number

Pokémon Musou is what the world needs.
They tried that already, once upon a time.

Who knows if things have changed in the decade+ plus since this original idea was pitched, but I'd be willing to bet TPC still wouldn't go for the idea of Pikachu killing KO-ing his fellow Pokemon by the thousands.

At least we got "Pokemon Conquest" as a result. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting on a successor to that...

Alright Nintendo, I'm getting fucking angry. I'm losing my patience. You keep making us wait and wait. It's insufferable. We've waited long enough!

Fire Emblem Engage is still a week away from release! Just put it out right now and let me play it!

I think Xenoblade Warriors will happen at this point with how much Nintendo and KT have been pushing musou crossovers recently and how big Xenoblade has become, though I definitely think they want to wait until after the big Xenoblade 3 expansion so they can include those characters. Would make sense as a Switch 2 launch year game imo.

I do wonder if they'll go for the original Hyrule Warriors/FE Warriors crossover approach or try to make something more like Age of Calamity and Three Hopes that integrates Xenoblade mechanics

They tried that already, once upon a time.

Who knows if things have changed in the decade+ plus since this original idea was pitched, but I'd be willing to bet TPC still wouldn't go for the idea of Pikachu killing KO-ing his fellow Pokemon by the thousands.

At least we got "Pokemon Conquest" as a result. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting on a successor to that...
Pokémon Rumble?

Oh I totally want Xenoblade Warriors but a Mario one would look so different to all the anime style ones we’ve had recently. Be nice to mix it up with that first.

Yeah, that's a large part of why I'd want a Mario or Kirby Warriors next, since either one would feel completely different from the ones they've done up to now and be a nice change of pace.

I think Xenoblade Warriors will happen at this point with how much Nintendo and KT have been pushing musou crossovers recently and how big Xenoblade has become, though I definitely think they want to wait until after the big Xenoblade 3 expansion so they can include those characters. Would make sense as a Switch 2 launch year game imo.

I do wonder if they'll go for the original Hyrule Warriors/FE Warriors crossover approach or try to make something more like Age of Calamity and Three Hopes that integrates Xenoblade mechanics

I'd like to see them do the AoC or Three Hopes approach for a game based off 3 if only because the Heroes line-up alone has a bunch of characters I'd love to play as.

I think a Musou based in Zelda TOTK is something very likely, probably in late 2025 or so. Age of Calamity was very successful for them.

In addition, I agree that a Mario or Kirby Musou is also somewhat possible as there are more family friendly than Zelda and/or FE. Kirby is an annual IP as we know so a Kirby Musou can be a good wait until next Hal Kirby project. Nintendo can also have a Mario Musou with plattform elements so it fill a FY year without a 2D/3D game.

A Xenoblade Warriors? It depends if Nintendo wants Xeno to be an almost (bi?) annual IP or not.

Of course my main wish is giving K-T Murasame IP and make a relative high budget action-adventure 3D title.

Last edited:
Of course my main wish is giving K-T Murasame IP and make a relative high budget action-adventure 3D title.
Murasame was something I definitely imagined Team Ninja turning into a Nioh-like game and making it work.

It's right up there in my personal wishlists, along with working out something with the Kou Shibusawa unit and letting them make a Mario-themed grand strategy game with Bowser as the star. We'll call it "Bowser's Ambition".

Am I the only one who’d only like a new musou game when new hardware is available? I know it’s not always the Switch‘s fault, but some more horsepower could go a long way with whatever KT is planning next

I was getting click baited on youtube and watched an "8 things you didn't know about Diddy Kong Racing" and at the end of the video the guy dropped a "and with rumors of a remake" which was news to me. Outside of people speculating the rest of Rare's N64 catalogue is coming to NSO including DKR, has there been any credible rumors of a new version of DKR?

I was getting click baited on youtube and watched an "8 things you didn't know about Diddy Kong Racing" and at the end of the video the guy dropped a "and with rumors of a remake" which was news to me. Outside of people speculating the rest of Rare's N64 catalogue is coming to NSO including DKR, has there been any credible rumors of a new version of DKR?
No.

Talking about Donkey Kong, I've been playing Tropical Freeze again recently.

Man, imagine if Retro just worked on a third DKC game for the Switch instead of whatever new thing they were trying to do. Tropical Freeze is just perfect.

I am taking a break due to his constant the migraines are and they are affecting my engagement with y’all here. I had to force myself to keep up with the craziness last weekend. I’m off until I get some relief from my injections or the next direct, until then, good luck with the thread @LukasManak22

It’s been an honor Team January

@Dragoncaine if you wanna talk, discord is still an option

Talking about Donkey Kong, I've been playing Tropical Freeze again recently.

Man, imagine if Retro just worked on a third DKC game for the Switch instead of whatever new thing they were trying to do. Tropical Freeze is just perfect.
i wish metroid prime 4 with bandai namco didn't fall through, i'd love for Retro to be working on something else. Tropical Freeze is way better than any of the prime games

The almost total withdrawal of the insiders is producing its effects
Is it? Or is there "nothing to report"? As it stands quiet a few collaborated rumors are still mia, so it's very likely that those are the next group of things Nintendo will show.

Hey y’all.

Remember Nintendo’s original online plans?

How NES games were going to be like free for 30 days only? And they were considering maybe adding Super NES?
Then it was made free for another year cause they really didn’t have answers and whatnot?

Fun times

Hey y’all.

Remember Nintendo’s original online plans?

How NES games were going to be like free for 30 days only? And they were considering maybe adding Super NES?
Then it was made free for another year cause they really didn’t have answers and whatnot?

Fun times
remember all of this, few days after Switch Presentation they mentioned 1 NES game a month in a interview imao. Seems like they change it after backlash quite a lot.

Also, remember how Reggie said like week or two before Switch went on sale that friend codes are gone? Seems like he mispoken or it was PR speak. Fun times indeed.

I said it previously that Nate already said it but people said that Nate told: "I will don't hint at the Direct." Which is true but this isn't a hint this is reality.
Why are people treating Nate's comment as confirmation/deconfirmatiom of anything like it's nigh indisputable? Not to discredit him or anything, it's just a little weird.

Why are people treating Nate's comment as confirmation/deconfirmatiom of anything like it's nigh indisputable? Not to discredit him or anything, it's just a little weird.
Well we know Nate has all the details on everything Nintendo has planned for the next 5 years. It's not unreasonable to over analyze every single character he types on the internet to try and see if he slips up.

/s for those in the back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Back
Top Bottom