• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am genuinely curious about the Prime Remaster news. It's been for every presentation since what, 2018? I know Retro's linkedin (or something) basically confirms that it exists, but I always thought Retro Stuidos was a fortress that no information can escape from. How did the Prime Remaster stuff get out?
Emily Rogers and another Resetera user talked about it when the LinkedIn information appeared in September 2021, shortly before the Great Fami Founding and Metroid Dread launched. Basically:

• the 2018 report about Prime Trilogy HD being finished for Switch was incorrect
  • a Trilogy remaster was in the early stages in 2018 at Retro Studios following the port of Tropical Freeze and the cancellation of an unknown original game
  • Prime 4's reboot led to Retro Studios changing their plans in 2019: with Prime 4 commanding most of their resources, work on remastering the entire trilogy was paused, with work continuing only on Prime 1
  • Prime 1 remaster finished in September 2021
  • Nintendo's plans for Prime 2 and 3 are unknown
  • iirc, either Emily or Nate suggested Retro Studios received assistance from another developer on their Prime 1 remaster, but we don't know who this is

Emily Rogers and another Resetera user talked about it when the LinkedIn information appeared in September 2021, shortly before the Great Fami Founding and Metroid Dread launched. Basically:

• the 2018 report about Prime Trilogy HD being finished for Switch was incorrect
  • a Trilogy remaster was in the early stages in 2018 at Retro Studios following the port of Tropical Freeze and the cancellation of an unknown original game
  • Prime 4's reboot led to Retro Studios changing their plans in 2019: with Prime 4 commanding most of their resources, work on remastering the entire trilogy was paused, with work continuing only on Prime 1
  • Prime 1 remaster finished in September 2021
  • Nintendo's plans for Prime 2 and 3 are unknown
  • iirc, either Emily or Nate suggested Retro Studios received assistance from another developer on their Prime 1 remaster, but we don't know who this is
Yes, but I wonder how the second bullet point got out? Retro is so secretive. Even for credible people like Emily and Nate.
Regardless, it's a fascinating serious of (unfortunate) events. That one day will pay off in such a glorious way that I can hardly even imagine it.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Guys I've figured out the crossword! It's actually a clever reference to the return of an old Nintendo IP, and the GameCube stuff is actually misdirection. Hope you're ready for this:
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Guys I've figured out the crossword! It's actually a clever reference to the return of an old Nintendo IP, and the GameCube stuff is actually misdirection. Hope you're ready for this:
* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
bro if they nintendo-contextualize this and put it on the eshop for like 10 bucks I'm gonna be there day one

Still feeling vertigo, but man I will nap happy after catching up on all these puzzles that make me question if I'm smarter than a fifth grader

Please let there be a hint for Custom Robo in these Gamecube remasters 🥲

None of this is insider info, but I gotta say it sure makes the thread nice to be in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom