• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be for some. There's always folks spewing toxic garbage post direct. Sorry to sound this way, but I don't like what this place becomes after a presentation. To be honest, there should be a thread solely for those to air their Direct grievances afterwards.
We should create two after direct threads:
Nintendo Direct Discussion | Dark Side
Nintendo Direct Discussion | Darker Side

It will be for some. There's always folks spewing toxic garbage post direct. Sorry to sound this way, but I don't like what this place becomes after a presentation. To be honest, there should be a thread solely for those to air their Direct grievances afterwards.

Btw I'm not saying folks can't be disappointed in a show. But sometimes there's takes that are just embarrassing. I remember on era someone said they were embarrassed to own a Switch cos of a poor direct.
People who build up a marketing presentation for months ahead of time are bound to be disappointed.

I agree that the toxicity after a Direct gets very hyperbolic, but it's inevitable when we have hundred page hype and speculation threads beforehand.

I hope we see more life sims
"Get ready for a cozy life on an island full of friends!

In Story of Seasons: Same Old Crap, you'll be able to grow crops, sell them, furnish your house, fish, tend to animals and even find love on this island bursting with life! Story of Seasons: Same Old Crap launches in 2024 because XSEED loves to take their time with localizations."

January went from a certain thing citing random percentages, patents, ESRB ratings or literal nothings and now the shift to February starts since January nears its end.

I'm not subscribed to HBO at the moment. I've played both games and the TLOU Remake. I've been trying to obtain an Olly Moss The Last of Us art print for several years but the price is far too high for me. TLOU is one of my favorite franchises and will give the show a look at some point this year. May do a HBO Max free trial over the summer and binge the show.

This is the art print I want to one day own and frame:

j9rQ6cH.jpg
That's such a gorgeous piece of art. Hopefully there are markdowns in the future that let you own one for yourself. I just played through both games for the first time in the past month, I think they're both masterworks, and the show is pretty incredible so far. Last night's episode was in a league of its own. If you do end up binging it this summer, definitely feel free to keep us in the loop on how you're enjoying it!
Nintendo has nothing to reveal today, but I do. I've spent the last 9 months writing a song about Nintendo and inspired in large part by Famiboards. I've worked harder on this than any project I've ever done, and there are people in three countries who have done work on it.

Finally, after delaying it for months, I can share the release date. I really hope you like it.

youtube.com/@switchum

This is sick. Can't wait!!!
I really think this Nintendo Direct is going to be the most disappointing in years.
More disappointing than Feb '21 after a year and a half?

I have good news!
My vacations will be officially in April!
I will probably play Octopath Traveller II, eat a lot, make a trip, then when I return to work we will be closer to Zelda: Tiktok

Same! Well, not the Octopath part, but I’ll be off for 2 weeks and back to work just in time for TotK

Last time the Direct thread was closed 24 hours after the Direct and I feel like that may not have been great, 24 hours is about what people need to get over themselves. Maybe this time we can keep it open for 48 hours after? Might get some better discussions after people get to sleep on it

With 3DS and Wii U eShops closing at the end of March, there'll be no easy, legal way to buy GB, GBC, or GBA games. It also means roughly 150 games from the GB family across the two eShops will vanish.

I'm not sure right now this month is the time for some of this stuff to start appearing on NSO, but I'd be very surprised if GameBoy has zero presence on NSO by the end of 2023.

(I hadn't realised around 70 GBA games are available on Wii U - Capcom a pretty big contributor there)

We need Mario trailer in this Direct so that Takahashi can do: MEOWWW
What if Koizumi is in a Cat Mario suit
That's it, I'm gonna watch the subtitled NOE stream in case someone actually meows so it isn't masked by the dub that NOA does.

as someone who lives in Europe I changed the region system settings on my Switch just so I could have it as the icon on my home menu instead lol.
I get this. I bought the Japanese version of BotW just so I could have the cool rustic classic NES Zelda logo. 😅

I don’t like this

You don't like Nintendo reminding you that the Switch has games?™

ez way for Team January to win

Just make every month an extension of January. I can't wait for that Nintendo Direct on January 32nd.
Trollface_non-free.png
Wait have you not been here long?
That's literally what we do 👇👇👇
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe - January 55th

Bayonetta Origins: Cezera and the Lost Demon - January 76th

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - January 132nd

Pikmin 4 - Announced for release sometime in January of 2023

Open your eyes
Beginning of one of my favorite game trailers of all time ❤️

Btw I'm not saying folks can't be disappointed in a show. But sometimes there's takes that are just embarrassing. I remember on era someone said they were embarrassed to own a Switch cos of a poor direct.
People expect too much because we only know about Zelda and Pikmin for this year. I'm one of those who are satisfied with 1 announcement (and it could just be a new TotK trailer), but most people want quantity.

And there are those who want to see the Switch Pro/2.

For me with TotK this will be one of the best years and everything else is a plus.

You're not wrong but some of those people are usually miserable anyways.

I'm not worried about this upcoming direct because I'm not expecting too much more than Pikmin 4, Zelda and a couple lowkey games whether it is casual games or remakes/remasters of GC games. Yes it's possible we get that Prime HD remaster, or GB/GBC added to NSO, or this rumored DK game but there's no reason for those things to be a lock for this direct.

Although I guess Pikmin 4 isn't a lock. If it's an early summer game, yeah, but if this is coming in September/October than it's not a lock. But it's still reasonable to expect it.

January went from a certain thing citing random percentages, patents, ESRB ratings or literal nothings and now the shift to February starts since January nears its end.

I'm not subscribed to HBO at the moment. I've played both games and the TLOU Remake. I've been trying to obtain an Olly Moss The Last of Us art print for several years but the price is far too high for me. TLOU is one of my favorite franchises and will give the show a look at some point this year. May do a HBO Max free trial over the summer and binge the show.

This is the art print I want to one day own and frame:

j9rQ6cH.jpg
Don’t forget about the other option:

here it comes
But you should release it further from the Direct day, it would make a bigger impact I feel.
This release date was chosen very intentionally, for reasons I can’t get into yet.

But thank you for the feedback, and if I do end up re-evaluating I will let you all know.

I'm expecting literally:
-A TotK trailer and not a teaser this time
-Pikmin 4 info
-Mario Kart BCP Wave 4
-Octopath Traveller II demo
Everything else will be just extra good stuff

One way of Nintendo preventing me from doing one last 3DS/Wii U (if I can get a game pad) eShop splurge would be to open their drip-drop splish-splash slow motion NSO tap for the GameBoy family before the eShop closures in late March.

But how will they have ToTK if it's a Mini?! They would never fully reveal a high-profile title in a minuscule event like that!

It's simple, they announce it a day in advance, heck maybe they even stream it! They've done this for a decent amount of the Partner Minis, they do it for this one. All they really need to show aside from ToTK are minor updates on Q1 stuff, and announce a June game anyway, so just make the priorities Direct before ToTK releases, one that of course also has a trailer for ToTK alongside a ToTK Direct announcement. The more I think about it, the more plausible a General sounds (that might just be the hopium spreading thought), but I still think there's a nonzero chance of the Q1 Direct taking the form of a Mini, with nothing major outside of that until E3...

unless someone with inside
knowledge outright confirms a standard-size Direct of course

Dammit, I have $2,500 riding on the fact that we'd have a general direct each in both January and Feb. They better shadow drop one tomorrow!

Last edited:
But how will they have ToTK if it's a Mini?! They would never fully reveal a high-profile title in a minuscule event like that!

It's simple, they announce it a day in advance, heck maybe they even stream it! They've done this for a decent amount of the Partner Minis, they do it for this one. All they really need to show aside from ToTK are minor updates on Q1 stuff, and announce a June game anyway, so just make the priorities Direct before ToTK releases, one that of course also has a trailer for ToTK alongside a ToTK Direct announcement. The more I think about it, the more plausible a General sounds (that might just be the hopium spreading thought), but I still think there's a nonzero chance of the Q1 Direct taking the form of a Mini, with nothing major outside of that until E3...

It's not going to be a mini.

I feel we're now in full "This could be THE week" territory. Engage has been out for over a week; we're several weeks out from Kirby; and we've had a February Direct the previous two years. Based on last year, I guess I'd throw in with Team 2/8.

Have you looked at past Direct minis? TOTK is not comparable to an Update for Odyssey, or a Dark Souls or DK port. It’s one if the most important games for Nintendo during the whole Switch era, maybe in the Top 3. A game that has always appeared as the final moment of every Direct, because it’s incredibly important for them. I don’t really see them putting that inside a format that’s literally saying “this is not as big as a normal presentation“. Also, 1st party minis have never been announced beforehand, and they’re not as common as you think. During the Switch era, there was only one in 2018 and in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom