• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of weeks away from the huge epic TOTK trailer that will leave you in tears.

People are going to lose their shit seeing Link fighting a huge dragon in mid-air while slowing down time and calling in a Loftwing to ride and just wait for the scenes of Link fighting a boss battle, get's messed up badly and reverses time and owns the boss. I also can't wait for people to see the massive new world dungeons, underwater exploration, huge cave networks, epic grand style story, playable Zelda helping in the catacombs below while communicating with Link and how the entire world completely changes when Link crosses through the rift all on a quest to restore the kingdom below and the sky kingdom above and those weird insane hand abilities making Link look like the Green Lantern! Fishing off the side of a bridge anywhere there is water will be a lot of fun. People are going to go nuts! ;)

What if Monolith Softs recruitment for an action game was actually for Disaster Day of Crisis Game so they could compete with the third person shooter/ adventure category!

People are going to lose their shit seeing Link fighting a huge dragon in mid-air while slowing down time and calling in a Loftwing to ride and just wait for the scenes of Link fighting a boss battle, get's messed up badly and reverses time and owns the boss. I also can't wait for people to see the massive new world dungeons, underwater exploration, huge cave networks, epic grand style story, playable Zelda helping in the catacombs below while communicating with Link and how the entire world completely changes when Link crosses through the rift all on a quest to restore the kingdom below and the sky kingdom above and those weird insane hand abilities making Link look like the Green Lantern! People are going to go nuts! ;)
Like no joke I could see some amazing trailer like this. They’re just gonna make a masterful trailer that will leave us all in awe.

the new soup designers finally being set free and being able to work on the most creative nintendo project must've been so refreshing

Actually the grand ToTK trailer won't be shown in the traditional manner. Instead, Nintendo has spliced single frames from said trailer throughout the Direct itself, so after the Direct ends nobody knows that they saw it, but they did.

Who remembers this game for wii that never came to fruition? They should bring it back as a switch exclusive!
images

I could see the NSMB devs making Mario Maker 3 or another take on 2D Mario while EPD Tokyo makes a new more "traditional" 2D Mario game that is still significantly different from NSMB.

Like no joke I could see some amazing trailer like this. They’re just gonna make a masterful trailer that will leave us all in awe.

My honest opinion and I'm 100% serious here...

I think Nintendo purposely chose to make the Tears of the Kingdom teasers look like simple DLC to BOTW and then go radio silence for years in a bit to keep expectations rather low and hype rather low so that when they actually reveal the game it's basically going to shell shock everyone with like the most insane ideas one can even think of and I think we got hints to a lot of this via patents and what not. This game might be something insane! They might go BIG on every aspect of this game. Especially the stuff fans felts were missing. Stuff like: Big meaty dungeons, a massive story, underwater, fishing, etc but not stop there but rather to do new things with combat, physics and Link's abilities that will make BOTW look like a demo.

People are going to lose their shit seeing Link fighting a huge dragon in mid-air while slowing down time and calling in a Loftwing to ride and just wait for the scenes of Link fighting a boss battle, get's messed up badly and reverses time and owns the boss. I also can't wait for people to see the massive new world dungeons, underwater exploration, huge cave networks, epic grand style story, playable Zelda helping in the catacombs below while communicating with Link and how the entire world completely changes when Link crosses through the rift all on a quest to restore the kingdom below and the sky kingdom above and those weird insane hand abilities making Link look like the Green Lantern! Fishing off the side of a bridge anywhere there is water will be a lot of fun. People are going to go nuts! ;)

Man If they bring back giant gleeoks ( 1 head , 2 head, and 3 head) and link has to fight these in an epic battle ….

Nintendo should make a game with dinosaurs as the main focal point (yoshi don’t count). Characters could be prehistoric or from the future. Just needs lots of Dino’s!

Something tells me it's going to be a Jungle Beat sequel with more DKC elements tied to it like the rolling mechanic. No bongos though.
Nah. I think it’ll be something more true to DKC, but not it. But that’s the scariest part of this rumor for me is EPD doing it. I hope they do something similar to DKC because that’s peak platforming and why should we experiment with it???

Nah. I think it’ll be something more true to DKC, but not it. But that’s the scariest part of this rumor for me is EPD doing it. I hope they do something similar to DKC because that’s peak platforming and why should we experiment with it???
If it’s really EPD Tokyo I wouldn’t be doubtful of their ability to make great platforming levels, that’s kind of their thing.

Wasn't it rumored that a younger team that grew up with DKC was working on the new monkEPD? I don't think it will be a gimmicky game like Jungle Beat but I sure hope it has something cool to differentiate it from Tropical Freeze. Like some action sequences or idk. I want them to be creative with the game while keeping the DNA of the series. I have a lot of faith into EPD Tokyo so I'm sure it will be a banger of a game.

It's funny how he acts that all of the past stuff is correct. He is a absolute legend and people still following that.

It's this kind of moxie that has inspired me to become a leaker as well.

And so, here's your first glimpse at Mario Kart 9 running exclusively on the Super Nintendo Switch:

Nintendo needs to scrap all of their Donkey Kong plans and make a Donkey Konga Hi-Fi Rush ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom