• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’know what, fuck it

A few weeks ago I was bored out of my mind, and whooped this up, was gonna keep it to myself but some friends wanted to see, and since the thread is back, enjoy my stupidly detailed predictions for Nintendo in 2023
Well put together; might have inspired me to make something similar myself! But... every detail you wrote about Detective Pikachu is wrong, lol. It's already confirmed to be a sequel developed by Creatures; not a port (so no Grezzo involvement either).

DCC3BD49-1BB5-4498-86AD-D6B939BFBC15.png

Little disappointed at all the prediction lists skipping out on Pocket Card Jockey 2 despite it leaking too; it'd be a free win! Also speaking of Grezzo and leaks via trademark, there's Jet Dragon (presumably the action game they've been hiring for) to consider too; could at least be a direct reveal possibly even if Nintendo aren't publishing it.

Well put together; might have inspired me to make something similar myself! But... every detail you wrote about Detective Pikachu is wrong, lol. It's already confirmed to be a sequel developed by Creatures; not a port (so no Grezzo involvement either).

DCC3BD49-1BB5-4498-86AD-D6B939BFBC15.png

Little disappointed at all the prediction lists skipping out on Pocket Card Jockey 2 despite it leaking too; it'd be a free win! Also speaking of Grezzo and leaks via trademark, there's Jet Dragon (presumably the action game they've been hiring for) to consider too; could at least be a direct reveal possibly even if Nintendo aren't publishing it.
Dammit, completely forgot about the Pockey Card Jockey thing, honestly swap that with Stretchmo World, wayyy more likely anyway.

Also wish I hadn’t skipped on looking up what we knew about DP on Switch beforehand, I still think there’s a decent chance of it showing up this year, or at least some Pokémon spin-off, since I don’t expect them to drop a new mainline game this year

there have been so many games this year that i have been Direct CleanTM for a while

like i couldn't even begin to think about unannounced games and new game shows because i had so much to play

Speculation thread already dead. Obviously everyone knows deep in their heart that Team February is correct, so there is no point in hyping too much yet. Love to see it.
Speculation thread already bed. It's late night west coast Fami time, you and I're the only ones still up and I'm busy playing the unexpectedly unhinged side of Radical Dreamers.

Did I just spend an hour sitting down and storyboarding the music video for the song I’m making?

Uhhhh maybe

We’re hopefully going to film this week, and then 🤞 song & music video go out next month!!

Did I just spend an hour sitting down and storyboarding the music video for the song I’m making?

Uhhhh maybe

We’re hopefully going to film this week, and then 🤞 song & music video go out next month!!
I'm willing to count this as a win for Team February. Just this once.

While I'm happy this thread is here and I'm enjoying being back in season, I have to admit that this year I'm so jammed with games up through summer that the pull of a Direct is much less strong for me. It'll still be great to get one, of course! But I may be committing the cardinal sin of actually playing games more than speculating and analyzing soon-ish

The REAL thing we should speculate about are the themes we're still missing on the switch smh smh, also when buddy mission bond bls..

Speculation thread already bed. It's late night west coast Fami time, you and I're the only ones still up and I'm busy playing the unexpectedly unhinged side of Radical Dreamers.
True, but also means I can make projections about my Nintendo opinions and assume the whole thread agrees when I’m not challenged on them.

Am I the only one that thinks that Nintendo can do something even this week?
I wish we could have sub polls for each team, because with that "Primed and ready" leaker tease it seems like something is happening sooner than later. I'm most leaning towards next week personally. Give people room to get going a bit in the new year and still have ample room to announce and promote another March game.

Oh, that's the new spinoff, Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon.

Here's the initial trailer shown at the Game Awards, last month...

...and here's a small slice of gameplay (likely from the first few minutes of the actual) that was a "Secret Chapter" in Bayonetta 3.

I fell in love as soon as I played it the first time, and hoped we'd at least get DLC focusing on it. But they decided to go beyond that!

Ooooh, derp, BayOrigins. I am stupid
But nice, I admit, I completely forgot to check the trailer, and then I... forgot the entire thing existed... XD
Wait, it released already? I missed everything about this, didn't I

The supposed leak of ‘primed and ready’ is there a specific time frame of when this leaker mentions something to when it’s announced? Is it within a week or 2 or does it vary wildly?

Yeah, with stuff like Jet Dragon (Grezzo) and Pocket Card Jockey 2 (GF) the list of Possibles for 2023 is pretty hefty, all things considered.
The supposed leak of ‘primed and ready’ is there a specific time frame of when this leaker mentions something to when it’s announced? Is it within a week or 2 or does it vary wildly?
Iirc that leaker was normally leaking information just before things were announced, but I'm not sure if we should expect a Direct or announcement imminently. The usual early February timing would be fine if Nintendo are doing a full general Direct.

I actually really like TotK’s marketing right now, and how it’s feeding into mine and others undying hype, despite its scarcity.

It’s in many ways the polar opposite of BotW, whose marketing was built on answers - already in 2014, we learned everything. Open world, cel-shading, non-linear approach, even the showdown with the guardian showed off a gameplay element with the slow-mo backflip and the ancient arrow. The 2016 reveal trailer and the subsequent treehouse sections all showed off gameplay. Going back to the 2016 trailer, it’s really all about gameplay. Then the 2017 trailer came and while it was perhaps a bit misleading in how much it emphasises story, with the full game not focusing all that much on it, it still showed snippets of almost every story clip.

TotK, meanwhile, is all built around questions. The 2019 trailer came and no one knew what in the living heck was going on, we were even drawing the wrong assumptions that the game would be mostly underground, and dark and creepy. The 2021 trailer confirmed that the sky would be an element, sure, but still proposed a lot of questions, like the nature of the arm, why the castle was rising, what the automaton was, what the ever so elusive subtitle would be. The latest teaser confirmed a subtitle, but posed even more questions, what are the vials, what was the stone glider, etc.

I’ve been waiting with bated breath for a proper long TotK trailer since 2019, but I still think that it will pose even more questions for us to theorise over. So I think it’s makes sense to be hyped out of your mind for a new trailer while still not wanting to be spoiled, since the marketing is built on so many questions that we won’t get answers for until the actual game drops.

If there IS a Direct in January/Feburary, do we think we'll get more Pikmin 4 info? Like, a actual trailer?
I kinda feel we won't, but I have no idea when to actually expect the game to release.
If it wasn't Pikmin I would say they would not show anything, like when they revealed Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing and others in September and have not shown anything till E3. But Pikmin needs push. I really doubt that Nintendo will wait till E3 to show it and than say "oh, it's coming in 3-4 months".

I believe we will get trailer at this Direct and at least a estimate of a season when this game is coming out, being it either Summer or Autumn.

If it wasn't Pikmin I would say they would not show anything, like when they revealed Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing and others in September and have not shown anything till E3. But Pikmin needs push. I really doubt that Nintendo will wait till E3 to show it and than say "oh, it's coming in 3-4 months".

I believe we will get trailer at this Direct and at least a estimate of a season when this game is coming out, being it either Summer or Autumn.
Maybe it's the hopium in me talking but I'm starting to think that pikmin 4 will be a june or july release.

If there IS a Direct in January/Feburary, do we think we'll get more Pikmin 4 info? Like, a actual trailer?
I kinda feel we won't, but I have no idea when to actually expect the game to release.
Probably depends upon when it's coming out, if Nintendo is planning to do an E3 show/summer direct, and what else they have scheduled for the year. If Pikmin is an October to December game and Nintendo is planning a summer show I can absolutely see Pikmin 4 being a no show in a January to March direct.

Maybe it's the hopium in me talking but I'm starting to think that pikmin 4 will be a june or july release.
They would have told us by now, after FE Engage Nintendo's main marketing will be all about ToTK. There is not a much place for Pikmin 4 full marketing in here, if it releases just a month after ToTK, am betting it's either August or September release.

I think it is the October release so I’m not expecting Pikmin.

I don’t have much faith in the release date for Pikmin considering they only showed a screenshot. Call me jaded but been burned with BOTW2, Bayonetta 3, and Metroid Prime 4 when they state game is is development.

@LukasManak22
I could honestly see Miyamoto 'demanding' Pikmin to be promoted at every time possible. He really, REALLY want Pikmin to become more popular (I don't blame him). So, yes, let's hope.
Yeah, that's right. Even Pikmin Bloom segment last time is prooving this, Miyamoto can do whatever he wants. I think the game is further along than people think, even if it's later in the year I don't know why it would be a no show. We will see.

Yeah, that's right. Even Pikmin Bloom segment last time is prooving this, Miyamoto can do whatever he wants. I think the game is further along than people think, even if it's later in the year I don't know why it would be a no show. We will see.
Yeah, pretty much, haha. I feel Miyamoto is a bit like Sakurai, in that he seems to be able to 'do more' than many others with Nintendo, and Nintendo are fine with giving it to him.
He is just such a big deal to them. He will 100% be there to talk about it, next time we see a trailer, and he WILL be there for the next StarFox reveal, too.
Oh, and I do agree, I think the game is further along than you'd think. c:

I'm starting to assume by the time we officially hear about most Nintendo games the titles in question are already finished or are fully playable and just getting localized/touched up for full release. Nintendo seems to love holding games back and releasing them when it fits their marketing schedule.

They would have told us by now, after FE Engage Nintendo's main marketing will be all about ToTK. There is not a much place for Pikmin 4 full marketing in here, if it releases just a month after ToTK, am betting it's either August or September release.
A direct in January or February can still announce a release date or month. I wouldn't be surprised if Pikmin 4 is released in June/July seems the perfect Summer game.

Regarding Prime HD I am sure is coming and is finished. When it is being released I have no clue.

If we take all the current rumours into consideration (including the ‘no big games after Zelda’ one) I can easily see a mini Direct in January to focus on a few games (FE Engage, Kirby, Metroid Prime HD) with a bigger Direct in March which will be a TotK blowout. Think E3 2016 level, perhaps with a Treehouse stream after. This would give us a H1 slate of

January: Fire Emblem Engage
February: Kirby Dreamland HD
March: Metroid Prime HD
April: Advance Wars Reboot Camp
May: Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
June: ?

E3 Direct will then focus on Pikmin 4 plus the H2 2023 slate.

With all that, we could then see a H2 line up looking something like

July: Splatoon 3 DLC
August: Pikmin 4, MK track pack
September: F-Zero GX HD, Xenoblade 3 DLC
October: Kid Icarus Uprising HD, Pokemon Scarlet/Violet DLC
November: Legend of Zelda TotK DLC part 1 (I could also see 1 new release here, perhaps DK?)
December: Final Mario Kart track pack

If we take all the current rumours into consideration (including the ‘no big games after Zelda’ one) I can easily see a mini Direct in January to focus on a few games (FE Engage, Kirby, Metroid Prime HD) with a bigger Direct in March which will be a TotK blowout. Think E3 2016 level, perhaps with a Treehouse stream after. This would give us a H1 slate of

November: Legend of Zelda TotK DLC part 1 (I could also see 1 new release here, perhaps DK?)
I know we like to be pessimistic in here but we're not going an entire holiday season from September through December with 0 new games from Nintendo.

Only 3 new games?
It would be the year of remasters and DLCs 😅

Yeah but why should they use Roman numerals?
They'll just call it Xenoblade chronicles 10, there's no reason for a xenoblade game to be called Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Because 9 will end the trilogy of trilogies and begin something new. It's all part of a very intricate structure of naming patterns.

Because 9 will end the trilogy of trilogies and begin something new. It's all part of a very intricate structure of naming patterns.
Ok I can see that, but it's still awful how so many people keep pretending that this phantomatic Xenoblade Chronicles X exists and it has been released for the WiiU 2 years before the real Xenoblade 2, it makes 0 sense and they should stop gaslighting people.

So, when do you guys think that is the first possible date for something happen? January 11th/12th or January 25th/26th?

So, when do you guys think that is the first possible date for something happen? January 11th/12th or January 25th/26th?
11th/12th if, for whatever reason, Nintendo go for a Mini. I don't think Minis have been all that common - excluding the Partner Showcases, I can only remember January 2018 and March 2020 as bring Mini Directs during the Switch era.

Personally I'm beginning to lean more towards a general presentation in early February. It's really April through July that'll probably having more Nintendo releases coming beside the Big One; I don't see Nintendo have much, if anything else to squeeze out in the current fiscal year. Early February is the most common window for Switch era Directs early in the year, it's after the first Nintendo release of the year, and it'd still give them 3 months of major marketing lead-in for Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom