• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is... not a great way to measure reliability lol
Why? He seems to come to the conclusion which many of us have at who is reliable or not. That he sees inside infos as not that interesting (anymore) is entirely up to him and a very reasonable opinion.
Personally I also mainly listen to Nates and MVGs Podcast because I like to know their opinion. It is cool when we get some stuff like direct dates a few weeks before airing or some infos on which games we could expect for the year, but honestly their guesses/predictions are way more interesting to me. Like I also watch Digital Foundry because of their technical knowledge of hardware and not just because they analyse framerates.

Last edited:
Sakurai ain’t hinting at shit, though. Dude made a little joke at the end of one of his videos and everyone decided to take it as confirmation he was working on an Uprising remake and remaster. But there’s no way in hell he would be that unprofessional IMO. He has to know more than anyone how harsh NDAs can be and I can’t imagine he would take any chances, especially considering what Smash speculation turned into.

“3D action” is loose enough a genre descriptor that it could be literally any sort of game in 3D space. After a platformer or Zelda game, Kid Icarus would probably be the most logical assumption, but it’s Nintendo. They’re known for describing the genres of their games in kinda dumb ways (see: Search Action). Job listings are purposely vague anyway, for the same reasons Sakurai wouldn’t say anything about Kid Icarus if he were actually working on it.
No offense, but God I hope this comment ages like milk. I would love Uprising on Switch.

So it seems like the Dragon Quest game for mobile was the second Omega Force announcement that was promised for January

That leaves one more "surprise" from Omega Force.

I suppose DW10 is always a possibility, but I guess the only "surprise" would be going back to DW so soon, when 9 being as rushed as it was hasn't done the series any favors.

Hear me out. Gameboy NSO launches alongside “Super Mario Bros Deluxe You vs Boo 32” and “Donkey Kong 94 94” as the next battle Royale games. Need this to happen.

Tears of the Kingdom will be Breath of the Wild 1.2

wink wink nudge nudge
I keep coming back to this, and I will say that I probably wouldn't have predicted the next zelda to reuse the botw map

my optimism is applied to hypotheticals, not to the unfortunate things that we see happen

But like, we’re getting a Fire Emblem, Zelda and a new Pikmin. Those 3 titles alone elevate it 17/19/22 for me. Toss in the highly rumored Metroid Prime and DK? That’s a core Nintendo fan’s wet dream.
Don't forget Yoshi. If they release Yoshi Woolly World, it would be perfect.

Whatever happened to Good Feel anyways? It's been four years since Crafted World. They're way overdo for a Yoshi game.

They released their first independently published game Monkey Barrels in 2019; announced the second one (Goemon spiritual successor) for release in 2021 and then went silent on it for the entirety of 2022. They're supposed to still be working on contract projects alongside the independent games though so I could imagine both their Goemon inspired game and their next Nintendo project surfacing this year.

They released their first independently published game Monkey Barrels in 2019; announced the second one (Goemon spiritual successor) for release in 2021 and then went silent on it for the entirety of 2022. They're supposed to still be working on contract projects alongside the independent games though so I could imagine both their Goemon inspired game and their next Nintendo project surfacing this year.
I would really love a Wario Land Shake It! successor.

this would be so based

give yoshi a rest, let waa reign
The problem is that Nintendo has a ton of popular and desirable IPs and not enough hands to go around. The fact that we're considering giving a popular series a "rest" in place for another one highlights the whole issue.

(not picking on you in general just something I think about from time to time)

The problem is that Nintendo has a ton of popular and desirable IPs and not enough hands to go around. The fact that we're considering giving a popular series a "rest" in place for another one highlights the whole issue.

(not picking on you in general just something I think about from time to time)
oh yeah I totally feel you

I had intended to convey an undertone of "yoshi needs a break after crafted world specifically" but didn't emphasize it well

I'd like them (or another developer) to come back to yoshi with some fresh ideas

Hope that everything's going well with them, as that is quite a long period of radio silence.

Speaking of developers that have been quiet for a while, I really hope this is the year when Media.Vision finally unveils some of what they've been working on. It's crazy to think that they used to get something out every year for like 15 years straight, and now they haven't released anything since 2018. I have to imagine one of their five mystery projects is the next Digimon Story, so maybe that'll be revealed at Digimon Con in February.

Jeez, radio silence is never a good thing. I hope everything is going okay over there.

I was thinking that we won’t see Advance Wars for some time because Fire Emblem Engage is releasing this week. Maybe this is obvious to everyone or stupid, but the theory goes like this:

I don’t think Nintendo would release AW and FE in the same quarter - maybe not even in the same half. Multiple insiders have said FE Engage was done and sitting around for a long time before announcement. Since AW was supposed to release December 2021, I think FE was planned for 2022. This would be enough time after AW and explains why everyone said it was done and ready. But AW got delayed a few months, into 2022, so they quietly sat on FE. When they delayed AW indefinitely, they still hadn’t announced FE. Maybe they thought they could release AW in the fall. They didn’t do that and announced FE in September for a January release. To me that reads like they gave up on releasing AW anytime soon.

So if AW isn’t completely canceled, it’s probably 6+ months away.

oh yeah I totally feel you

I had intended to convey an undertone of "yoshi needs a break after crafted world specifically" but didn't emphasize it well

I'd like them (or another developer) to come back to yoshi with some fresh ideas
Yeah, I get you. I just feel frustrated that we can have popular and iconic series where if they draw the shortest straw are effectively homeless until a dev team take them in. Hopefully Nintendo's current expansions make that less of a problem going forward.

I just feel frustrated that we can have popular and iconic series where if they draw the shortest straw are effectively homeless until a dev team take them in.

DKsad.png

(My sanity depends on the rumor of EPD taking in Donkey Kong being true)

here's a breakdown of the number of retail games nintendo have published for switch each year since the console's launch

2017 - 10 total, 2 were rereleases
2018 - 17, 7 were rereleases
2019 - 17, 3 were rereleases
2020 - 13, 6 were rereleases
2021 - 15, 5 were rereleases
2022 - 11, 1 rerelease

that's an average of around 14 games per year - 10 new, 4 rereleases

right now, 2023 has 4 slated releases, with 1 of them being a rerelease. going by precedent, it's likely there are a double digit number of nintendo-published games that'll come out this year that we don't know about yet

Yeah, I get you. I just feel frustrated that we can have popular and iconic series where if they draw the shortest straw are effectively homeless until a dev team take them in. Hopefully Nintendo's current expansions make that less of a problem going forward.
it's so fucked up

on the one hand epd overlap is very fun and exciting. some have speculated that the handful of designers missing from splatoon 3 are working on a new mario which would be fucking sick. on the other hand, where is donkey kong

For the next Yoshi game, they should make the soundtrack first and then make the game from there only after they ensure it is good and varied unlike the absolutely shitty soundtrack to Crafted World. I also suggest everything be made out of Gak and Floam.

For the next Yoshi game, they should make the soundtrack first and then make the game from there only after they ensure it is good and varied unlike the absolutely shitty soundtrack to Crafted World. I also suggest everything be made out of Gak and Floam.
they should drag totaka out of sound director hell

it's so fucked up

on the one hand epd overlap is very fun and exciting. some have speculated that the handful of designers missing from splatoon 3 are working on a new mario which would be fucking sick. on the other hand, where is donkey kong
Wouldn't they be working on Animal Crossing or the Splatoon 3 expansion? Don't get me wrong, Mario from the Splatoon devs would be incredible, but why would they be working on Mario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom