• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Direct is going to come at the exact moment in mid to late June I bankrupt myself and order Sunbreak, Sonic Origins, Three Hopes, Live Alive, and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 at the same time.

Nintendo will then strike and announce and date even more goodies that I will be literally forced to buy.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if nobody really knows when the Direct is going to happen yet. A lot of times even our insiders don’t know until a few days or a week before.

8ZdmKcd.gif

Nah, I don't see the Direct being at the end of June. They rarely ever do General Directs at the end of the month. It's always been consistently at the beginning or middle of the month.

2nd week of June will be the Direct, book it. It will also showcase final and epic trailers for Fire Emblem Three Hopes, MH Rise Sunbreak and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 as they fast approach their release dates. Also shadow drop MH Rise Sunbreak demo.

Nah, I don't see the Direct being at the end of June. They rarely ever do General Directs at the end of the month. It's always been consistently at the beginning or middle of the month.

2nd week of June will be the Direct, book it. It will also showcase final and epic trailers for Fire Emblem Three Hopes, MH Rise Sunbreak and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 as they fast approach their release dates. Also shadow drop MH Rise Sunbreak demo.
tbh I think Sunbreak and Three Hopes will probably only show up very briefly in one of the "coming out soon!" reels. Especially likely for the latter if we get the next new mainline FE revealed in the same Direct imo.

The Direct is going to come at the exact moment in mid to late June I bankrupt myself and order Sunbreak, Sonic Origins, Three Hopes, Live Alive, and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 at the same time.

Nintendo will then strike and announce and date even more goodies that I will be literally forced to buy.
Ok...hurry up and make those orders then?

I’m fine with MH Rise Sunbreak but i hope it doesn’t get its own headline on next direct. If they are planning to show something new from capcom, please, let it be a new game like Megaman or Resident Evil (or both games in best case).

I’m fine with MH Rise Sunbreak but i hope it doesn’t get its own headline on next direct. If they are planning to show something new from capcom, please, let it be a new game like Megaman or Resident Evil (or both games in best case).
Right now, I'm still sticking to my personal theory that if this Mega Man Match/Rockman Taisen debuts at any individual 1st party showcase, it'll be at Ninty's.

Someone sent me a message, and a link to a Taiwanese gaming forum.

Ironically, they do mention @Emily and @NateDrake in those forums.

Anyway, they state there is a NEW NINTENDO SWITCH HARDWARE coming in 2022 w/ OLED with an unknown SKU.

Grain fo salt.

Honestly, would be smart to launch a Switch Lite OLED w/ say Splatoon 3 in September. Knowing how Japan feels about handhelds.

Either way, it feels like it is almost that time though!

Go do your own sleuthing.

Any chance you can provide some details / screencap? Preferably in the Future Hardware thread.

high five 👋
I guess I don't turn 36 this year then
Rally around me, olds!

Anyway, they state there is a NEW NINTENDO SWITCH HARDWARE coming in 2022 w/ OLED with an unknown SKU.

Grain fo salt.

Honestly, would be smart to launch a Switch Lite OLED w/ say Splatoon 3 in September. Knowing how Japan feels about handhelds.

Are they suggesting that they have sources or..?

there are rumors about a Capcom showcase in June with Resident Evil Village DLC, Dragon's Dogma 2, Sunbreak, SF6 etc so Megaman could be revealed during this showcase too

there are rumors about a Capcom showcase in June with Resident Evil Village DLC, Dragon's Dogma 2, Sunbreak, SF6 etc so Megaman could be revealed during this showcase too

Dragon's Dogma 2 upsets me. Not because it's not exciting, but because it feels like 99% likely it'll skip Switch. I loved playing DD on Switch, probably more than even Rise.

Grain fo salt.

This might be the same potential leak that we've discussed in the future hardware thread, they're seemingly now expecting some color variant of the OLED model (presumably Pokemon S/V themed) as well as a more powerful/new chip model planned for some time this FY. The source appears to be someone working in a factory that makes some switch components.

Grain fo salt.

I think new models would show up on the firmware like it happened with the OLED. No traces for new models as of now. Last time it happened I think it was like 6 months before the official announcement. [Correction: The OLED showed up on the firmware more than a year before the official announcement per @Skittzo info below] Maybe they figured out how to hide this stuff this time though xD

Last edited:
Prediction: We will see DQ Treasures at next direct. Its confirmed as a 2022 title and supposedly with a worldwide release.

No FF products as Square will have their own showcase later for 35th anniversary.

I think nintendo will do like last year, a direct with heavy emphasis on CY 2022 titles (at most FY 2022/23) with few exceptions (metroid prime 4), showcasing around 20 headlines. Then a treehouse only featuring gameplay of titles releasing this year.

I think they will save DQ3HD remake for september or early 2023 direct.
Most likely, though the only notable FF announcements for Switch will be more ports/remasters anyway. And FFT is probably the biggest FF remaster left unannounced for any platform.

Looking forward to seeing more of DQ Treasures though.

Most likely, though the only notable FF announcements for Switch will be more ports/remasters anyway. And FFT is probably the biggest FF remaster left unannounced for any platform.

Looking forward to seeing more of DQ Treasures though.
FF IX platforms are still unknown and a Switch release could happen especially when you consider the anime they are making is for kids in the 8-13 range so it could be a title for all ages (like DQ) which is a type of title Switch dominates. While I still think it’s not coming to Switch due to Sony being involved in all new recent FF entries , there is a chance. Even then it wouldn’t be shown in a direct imo probably in a FF anniversary event

This might be the same potential leak that we've discussed in the future hardware thread, they're seemingly now expecting some color variant of the OLED model (presumably Pokemon S/V themed) as well as a more powerful/new chip model planned for some time this FY. The source appears to be someone working in a factory that makes some switch components.

I must have missed this. Last 'factory leak' I recall was the vague one describing a new backplate for a Switch device. Care to link?

FF IX platforms are still unknown and a Switch release could happen especially when you consider the anime they are making is for kids in the 8-13 range so it could be a title for all ages (like DQ) which is a type of title Switch dominates. While I still think it’s not coming to Switch due to Sony being involved in all new recent FF entries , there is a chance. Even then it wouldn’t be shown in a direct imo probably in a FF anniversary event
I am curious to know what that looks like as well, and you're right there is a chance it comes to Switch.

If the Metroid Prime stuff is true this was one of my favorite parts. Shows how talented Retro has continued to be while people on the internet keep doubting them.

So they started having the Retro design staff start helping with the level design on Prime 4. Meanwhile, art and programming staff were working on the MP1 Remake. After seeing the quality of Retro's level design work on Prime 4 and the quality of their art for the remake, NOJ decided, "Why are we not just having Retro do Prime 4 altogether?"

I think new models would show up on the firmware like it happened with the OLED. No traces for new models as of now. Last time it happened I think it was like 6 months before the official announcement. Maybe they figured out how to hide this stuff this time though xD
This is not true, Aula showed up in the firmware in April 2020, a good 15 months before the OLED Model was announced.

There is however reason to believe they're working on a separate firmware for a new model that won't go public due to them adding syscalls to the existing firmware (what exactly that means, I'm not sure, you'll have to ask an expert).
I must have missed this. Last 'factory leak' I recall was the vague one describing a new backplate for a Switch device. Care to link?
It was discussed in the discord but I believe the poster (the "factory uncle") deleted those posts.

Someone posted this in the Metroid Prime Remaster topic. Kind of goes into a little background for this whole “Retro is working on Metroid Prime Remaster” situation

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...ders-corroborate.490360/page-11#post-73958365
I didn't read that before, very interesting. If that is true it will blow my mind. I already told my wife that when MP4 comes out, we are getting a babysitter, I am locking the door, and I am playing it all day. I told her a grand history behind my love for the Prime series due to that time of life. For whatever reason she enjoyed the story and was jealous how excited I am for it.

That being said...I need a day off if that gorgeous of a MP1 remaster comes out. I can't wait. I can most certainly beat that game for the 10th time.

I didn't read that before, very interesting. If that is true it will blow my mind. I already told my wife that when MP4 comes out, we are getting a babysitter, I am locking the door, and I am playing it all day. I told her a grand history behind my love for the Prime series due to that time of life. For whatever reason she enjoyed the story and was jealous how excited I am for it.

That being said...I need a day off if that gorgeous of a MP1 remaster comes out. I can't wait. I can most certainly beat that game for the 10th time.
Who’s ready?!

Grain fo salt.

SWITCH LITE OLED PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIMME

There is however reason to believe they're working on a separate firmware for a new model that won't go public due to them adding syscalls to the existing firmware (what exactly that means, I'm not sure, you'll have to ask an expert).
A syscall is a function called by firmware/driver code that tells the CPU to do something low-level, like creating a thread, mapping memory, flushing a cache, etc. Previously the firmware had 127 unique IDs and associated functions for syscalls. Firmware 12.0.0 (April 2021) added 64 new IDs, with the corresponding functions all being stubbed (i.e. they do nothing). Previously, only a handful of new syscalls had been added since launch, filling in gaps in the range of 127. As of today, none of the new ones have been used.

It should be noted that because the range of 127 was completely filled as of firmware 11.0.0, the expansion could have been to make room for future calls on the current system, rather than a future system. However, this isn't how things were done before, and the Switch hacker who documents this stuff even said at the time it looked like evidence of the Switch's kernel being ported to a new CPU (and this is someone who is always extremely dismissive of new hardware speculation when it hasn't shown up in the firmware yet).

All that said, it kind of doesn't matter whether the new syscalls are for the current system or a new model, since we do know from the Nvidia leaks that a new model with a more powerful SoC is currently in development.

Willy Wonka's factory was shoddily built and now chocolate is leaking into the nearby river. The EPA has declared it a Superfund site.
The direct thread is getting contaminated with the hardware threads leaks now too…

When Wonka declares bankruptcy everyone’s golden tickets will turn into brass tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom