• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something happened at the beginning of the year that completely flew under everyone's radar. Based on a comment by someone from KT people were talking about a potential Super Mario Warriors game. Nate came along and proclaimed that KT couldn't work on a Warriors game, because they were working on FE. You don't need insider information to know that that's completely wrong, you can just look at the release schedule.

2017 Fire Emblem Warriors
2018 Hyrule Warriors
2019 Fire Emblem Three Houses
2020 Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity
2022 Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes

While KT churns out Warriors games like it nobody's business, I doubt they'd only need a few months to develop them, on top of it being different teams, so there had to be overlap when it comes to development schedules. No "Plans change" needed, this is as simple as putting 1 and 1 together; Warriors games and FE can be developed alongside each other. Then Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes was announced.

Yl0LUEF.png

Did he post anything else about Mario Musou?

I do kind of have a crackpot theory that Scarlet and Violet have been in development a lot longer than expected but I guess we won't really know until the true scope of the game is revealed. I just doubt the fact that Game Freak would be able to develop SV in the same amount of the time as SwSh, plus during covid, considering the already massive difference that's apparent between the two

It almost feels like to me SwSh was rushed solely so they could focus on making Gen 9 instead, but obviously nobody knows for sure yet. At the very least I'm confident this'll be a Gen 6 to Gen 7 type of situation where the second generation on the console is a massive jump in quality over the first
I expect the assisting studios list to grow even longer with SV. I'm most curious as to the length of the environment design portion of the credits

Yl0LUEF.png

Did he post anything else about Mario Musou?
Was gonna chime in with a longer post but I actually think this is more helpful. Receipts are good.

Edit - from what I remember, and can see, Nate didn't know about the new FE Warriors and said as much. There's no grand mistake being covered up by collective amnesia here because Nate was pretty open about the limits of what he knew at the time.

Was gonna chime in with a longer post but I actually think this is more helpful. Receipts are good.

Edit - from what I remember, and can see, Nate didn't know about the new FE Warriors and said as much. There's no grand mistake being covered up by collective amnesia here because Nate was pretty open about the limits of what he knew at the time.

6029771-F-6-FDC-4905-BBAE-85-DBD048-E3-D1.jpg

Yep

Next week we’ll be in June. The June Direct is fast approaching
I keep thinking we're at the beginning of May and that no news will happen for a long time, so this means 3 things I keep forgetting:

1) I've only got a few weeks to get through Triangle Strategy's Golden Route and the first Mass Effect remaster
2) the Summer Splurge for Weebs & Others is actually pretty imminent
3) I've been living in the States for nearly 5 weeks and not 2 weeks like my brain keeps saying

I almost agree at this point lol. I really want an update on gen 9 and whether or not it will be like PLA action wise. That way I can increase or decrease my hype for the games appropriately lol.
it won't be like PLA at all action wise they've confirmed the battle style will be like most pokemon games.

Also I really hope we get an announcement this week, but I'm thinking next week is way more likely

I'd be sad if there's no Sora amiibo. However I would never rule out the possibility of a small patch being released to just add the amiibo data

I almost agree at this point lol. I really want an update on gen 9 and whether or not it will be like PLA action wise. That way I can increase or decrease my hype for the games appropriately lol.
the combat will be like old games, but the presenation will be like Legends

pokemon-scarlet-and-violet-battle-pikachu.jpg

I don’t think the Pokemon company expected Legends Arceus to be as huge as it was and that’s why DLC hasn’t happened. Aside from Pokemon Snap, it’s the first Pokemon game I’ve loved in two decades so I wish they kept developing it. When Legends 2 inevitably happens, I’m sure they’ll go all out for that one. I’m not ruling out though one more small free update though. It was very interesting they named the first update.

I don’t think the Pokemon company expected Legends Arceus to be as huge as it was and that’s why DLC hasn’t happened. Aside from Pokemon Snap, it’s the first Pokemon game I’ve loved in two decades so I wish they kept developing it. When Legends 2 inevitably happens, I’m sure they’ll go all out for that one. I’m not ruling out though one more small free update though. It was very interesting they named the first update.
I don't think that's the reason for no DLC. I suspect SV was always meant to follow up Legends quickly. they certainly wouldn't have expected something on the level below the other Game Freak games, the lowest being 7M

I don't think that's the reason for no DLC. I suspect SV was always meant to follow up Legends quickly. they certainly wouldn't have expected something on the level below the other Game Freak games, the lowest being 7M
I don’t think it was meant to be a quick follow up per se. I think Arceus was meant to release in November last year before getting delayed. I’m sure they definitely expected a high number of sales lifetime, but not mainline game numbers immediately. All they’ve had after it is a three part anime series, which is pleasant, but I expected more.

I’m really just guessing on my end here. You could be right Arceus was largely meant to make SV bigger and better and be a bonus to BDSP.

Legends was really such a brilliant game, the more I think on it the more I appreciate all it did for the franchise. I'm hoping S&V continue down that path while also bringing in some of the stuff I like about the main series. I'm really hoping they do something similar with the Pokedex in particular, even if it's just optional, but I'm kinda doubting it

@NateDrake For old times sake, the times of King Zell I have a request. When you're kind of sure of the date of the Direct can you please do like "X is your lucky number... and am out" (X of course being the number)

Now that the first half of Better Call Saul's (fantastic) sixth season is over, I'm really feeling the slow burn of the May doldrums. Hope Pokemon or the Direct is announced next week.

Another reliable insider was Zell/Tsubasa. But he retired a while ago.
It's too bad he retired, I think he would have been far more welcomed here then Era.

Anyway the Direct will be on May 31st.
How do I know this?
I don't, but it would be a nice birthday surprise.

it won't be like PLA at all action wise they've confirmed the battle style will be like most pokemon games.

Also I really hope we get an announcement this week, but I'm thinking next week is way more likely
When did they confirm it? All I see online is that it's an rpg/adventure unlike legends which they called an action rpg.

I'm trying to come up with ideas for my fake 4-Chan leak right now. What's our thoughts on a 3D DK game that takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom with a weird looking Mario as the enemy?

what are your thoughts on FE fates?
I’m no Nate, but I’ve beaten all three.

-Conquest is amazingly fun to play and a good laugh for the story. The map where you fight Hinoka at the end is one of the prettiest in the game. Fire emblem should go back to focusing on map design and Objectives. Incredibly fun and replay ability. I also found this cast better overall then the Birthright cast. Birthright also worked as villains better then the conquest baddies.

-Birthright is incredibly mediocre gameplay and a rather boring story. The lack of variety of objectives hurt it big time. And the story was standard Fire emblem stuff, even the final boss. That scene with the maid and Fire was unintentionally hilarious tho.

-Revelations is a marathon of a game that makes you wish you didn’t start it with the intention to finish it. And a story that’s probably the best of the three but none are good, tho the Gunter moment is one of the funniest things when it’s suppose to be serious but alas. But screw that double chapter where you can’t save at all, tho it had A Dark Fall which the best track in the game. Honestly there were a couple unique chapters and stuff in this game that made it feel more experimental and a collection of leftover ideas cause it’s all over the place sometimes. And the maps are super huge and long, some chapters would take hours to finish.

In all honestly. Some of the dlc challenge chapters with the kids were incredibly well designed and fun.

All and all. I always wonder what the original story was suppose to be. Fates had a trouble development and we heard that they cut so much out of the game for the final release.

The Direct should come just in time for me to complain about how, after the June/July Splurge, I'll have no time for the games announced at the Direct and why are there so many good things I like etc.

Life is really hard sometimes

Nooooooooooo don't tell me Pokemon S/V will have normal Pokemon battles!?!? Man, Arceus was the first Pokemon I loved in literal decades. If there is no free-throwing the Pokeballs I am going to be so disappointed. The normal battle system is so, sooooo dull compared to the action-oriented type. Unless it is extremely good that alone will prevent me from buying it. It's a nitpick, but that system is just so boring and well-worn.

Nooooooooooo don't tell me Pokemon S/V will have normal Pokemon battles!?!? Man, Arceus was the first Pokemon I loved in literal decades. If there is no free-throwing the Pokeballs I am going to be so disappointed. The normal battle system is so, sooooo dull compared to the action-oriented type. Unless it is extremely good that alone will prevent me from buying it. It's a nitpick, but that system is just so boring and well-worn.
You'll be able to throw Pokeballs, no chance in hell they're getting rid of that. There just won't be any "strong" or "agile" styles and most likely no real time battles.

You'll be able to throw Pokeballs, no chance in hell they're getting rid of that. There just won't be any "strong" or "agile" styles and most likely no real time battles.
I think they said we'll have to battle pokemon before being able to catch them.

I honestly kind of hated that in Arceus anyway, so I hope those don’t return. It seemed really unbalanced especially where priority and quick moves are concerned. IMO while there’s a ton of things you could do to Pokémon and change it up for the better, the battle system is the one thing that doesn’t need to change at all. Although I’m sure there’ll be some new gimmick to it in S/V, so we’ll see what they come up with.

I recall him saying it was indeed Halo, which links to comments by Nate Drake on the miracle. Obviously it seems there were some issues down the road, but two quite reliable people saying similar things indicate it truly was something around that.
I think it still could be. Some games takes their time to launch, and I suppose if they want to do something as huge as Halo on Nintendo, they want to do it right.

There's no sense to have the free throwing Poké Balls, you don't have to catch the same Pokémon multiple times to fill the Pokédex, you just need to fight and catch one time

The battle will be in the overworld like LPA

It's not clear how S/V is right now. They didn't name it an action game, so we expect the action mechanics to be gone (avoiding Pokemon's attacks, boss battles), but everything else is unconfirmed. Free throwing might be in for all we know.

There's no sense to have the free throwing Poké Balls, you don't have to catch the same Pokémon multiple times to fill the Pokédex, you just need to fight and catch one time
Counterpoint: Throwing a Pokeball manually is fun

Also I do hope they bring back multiple catches for Pokedex completion (provided PLA catching is in the game). It was a nice way to make filling the Pokedex more engaging

They could implement the research levels differently, instead of requiring a level 10 to fill the dex, the slot would be cleared with just one catch as normal, and research levels could work like chaining in previous games where it increases your odds of getting a shiny ir a hidden ability for that particular species.

SV is the next game in the competitive series so it makes sense for it not to play like Legends. That game needs a complete rewrite to be balanced

I wonder if the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 team is behind Three Hopes or if they're working on something else. MUA3's director worked on Fire Emblem Warriors so he's probably directing Three Hopes too ?

Quoted by: N75
If I learned anything this year is that Nintendo not having a May game makes the wait for "E3" much worse. I'm really feeling the Nintendo emptiness this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom