• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need Fire Emblem at like absolute bare freaking minimum

There's a half-dozen things I could throw onto that pile, but we can't even see the game that's already been heavily leaked then things will be looking pretty dire

You know, if the direct is supposed to be on the 28th in most timezones (Oceania excluded presumably) like Nate said on Era, that WOULD place it in Mini Direct time... might have to join Team Mini at this rate.

Would feel wrong if we had to wait until September for the next full general, but I guess this timing at the end of the month is already abnormal for Nintendo so can you really write off something in July?

You know, if the direct is supposed to be on the 28th in most timezones (Oceania excluded presumably) like Nate said on Era, that WOULD place it in Mini Direct time... might have to join Team Mini at this rate.

Would feel wrong if we had to wait until September for the next full general, but I guess this timing at the end of the month is already abnormal for Nintendo so can you really write off something in July?
Alanah Pearce said 29 though.

I think my time zones are totally off because I thought 28th/29th would be later in the day on the 28th US time (where I am) and early in the morning on the 29th Japan time

Why do you think it's 28th in most timezones? A ton of people heard 29th and Nate has said 28th/potentially 29th in some timezones. I think it's safe to expect the 28th in the US at this point but if most people heard the 29th that suggests it's not the 28th in most timezones which indicates a normal direct time if anything

It should be the 28th in all timezones. 28th/29th was just hedging bets and to cover all possible outcomes. As for why others claimed 29th... I have no idea; but the 28th has always been the date I was given -- hence the Elmo gif tease from even before Pierce gave the date.

I can’t believe we all missed the obvious hint.

What did we have this week? A Xenoblade Direct.
What does Malos say at the end of Xenoblade 2? This:

It was always gonna be a Partner.

It should be the 28th in all timezones. 28th/29th was just hedging bets and to cover all possible outcomes. As for why others claimed 29th... I have no idea; but the 28th has always been the date I was given -- hence the Elmo gif tease from even before Pierce gave the date.
So you're confident it's happening the morning of the 28th in the US then?

sales pattern was broken. Watch there will be a General in July. Nothing is certain anymore, not even 23:00 JST announcement

It'll probably be 12 AM on the 29th in my timezone if it falls into one of the regular non-general direct timeslots, which is what I was pointing out; but otherwise yeah, looking like the 28th is the day.

I guess that means late night in Australia and not after midnight.

What if…there’s something on the 28th and the 29th O.O

Ok for real tho third party games on the 28th it is. Hope we have some good third party surprises - Mario and Rabbids is a known quantity. I’d be happier for that game to just release than to bother seeing it again in a Direct.

The thing that is strange to is that they have a lot of stuff both third and first, so they can do a 40 minutes dieci even with Prime HD has the big announcment, so why doing a mini at all

Considering trailer for many of the existing software and third party stuff like Tactics, Ogre, maybe Persona + other stuff, and all other stuff (collection,ports,surprise announcment from Capcom,Falcom,Nis ecc..)

You have all you need for a general direct even if the only new game is Prime HD

if it's the 28th for all timezones then i guess general is still not ruled out

At least TGS is earlier this year, so the September Direct is likely September 7th. Assuming that pattern holds. Which means it’s barely more than two months after the presumed Mini.

A Mini still feels weird to me right now, though, so I’m not giving up on new hardware conspiracies or something odd happening that’s out of the norm.

What if…there’s something on the 28th and the 29th O.O

Ok for real tho third party games on the 28th it is. Hope we have some good third party surprises - Mario and Rabbids is a known quantity. I’d be happier for that game to just release than to bother seeing it again in a Direct.
Well the 29th has the shareholder meeting, so there may be something both days.

So a while back I posted about how my girlfriend went through all the 2D Metroids with me and she absolutely blazed through Dread on Rookie and loved it, much to my surprise.

Today I asked her what she was doing after work and she tells me she bought Dread just to go for 100% on Normal. I'm, like, floored. So happy. I knew she enjoyed it but never expected her to buy the whole thing all over again after beating my copy!

Nintendo please I beg of you, give us Prime HD. Now that she's in love with the 2D main series, it is the PERFECT time for me to try and introduce her to Prime. And a juicy new HD remaster of the first game would be the absolute best thing to do that with.

FF9 trials of mana like remake would be like… a massive deal

Like I’m pretty sure that’s what people envisioned when they wanted FF7 remake

Whatever it is, I’m kind of curious what third party games will appear. I’ll get Crisis Core for sure, but it would be neat to see more games appear. Maybe even some you wouldn’t expect…

Then also for me it will strange if Bayonetta 3 have any chance of delay, the last interview of Kamiya talking about plaiyng 1&2 before the game comes out cemented to me that is 2022 for sure

Then also for me it will strange if Bayonetta 3 have any chance of delay, the last interview of Kamiya talking about plaiyng 1&2 before the game comes out cemented to me that is 2022 for sure
maybe I'm wrong but Nate just speculated and not hinted about Bayonetta 3 not being there on 28th, so who knows. perphaps the game will get a dedicated Direct later in August/July? this, with Splatoon 3 and Pokémon, could cement the Grubb statement about several small/dedicated showcases.

All right Fami, I’m going to bed. Don’t burn down the thread while I’m gone.
kBaoVUk.gif

Pretty cool. Use to love this guy's clips on reddit.

Among countless other roles.

He’s recently voiced Kage in Ranking of Kings - an outstanding anime from this season.

Mini Direct is eventually good, Partner Showcase is shit - Shigeru Miyamoto, creative fella at Nintendo

Jokes aside, partner directs don’t have to be shit. I think Sony did a good job setting up the recent State of Play. If Nintendo has some major unannounced titles lined up from third parties then they can definitely have a good show.

FFIX Remake on Switch please?

I mean if we get a mini that gives us updates on 2022 games, with maybe a new port (like WW, TP, or MP), that'd be perfectly content until something more substantial in September.

I mean if we get a mini that gives us updates on 2022 games, with maybe a new port (like WW, TP, or MP), that's be perfectly content until something more substantial in September.
yeah this is where I am too. a 2022 focused showcase with some confirmation, 1-2 small annoucements and updates. Splatoon 3 and Pokémon could have a deep down/dedicated Direct later in the summer, and an early September Direct could be dedicated to 2023.

A mini direct with these 12 headlines + sizzle reel

• Bayonetta +4 minute trailer (opener)
  • Mario + Rabbids 2 +3 minute trailer (middle)
  • Zelda WiiU ports (last thing)
  • MK8DX DLC Wave 2 (one more thing)
  • Mario Strikers update
  • Persona 5R/4G/3P
  • Batman Arkham
  • Tactics Ogre/FFT remasters
  • DQ Treasures
  • Remake from Sega IP
  • Megaman or some other new titles from a japanese publisher
  • Western third high profile port
I (personally) would be partially satisfied. Hopefully my expectations aren’t too high :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom