• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given clickbait titles work, I know I am in the minority when I say this, but if a creator puts a title of the sort in their content, I am sure as hell not going to click on it.

As for the mega sale, sadly New Pokemon Snap is not included, so there goes the hope I had of purchasing it.

ngl, their clickbaity nature turned me off rather quickly after I started to watch them.
They're really tryharding the algorithm.

You know a podcast that doesn't do clickbait titles? Well There's Your Problem. It's a podcast about engineering disasters. With slides.

Real talk. How come Nintendo has not put Famicom DC on sale yet. Its been a year. I have the coins to buy it, but I feel the moment I do it will go on sale....

Hoping to see Buddy Mission in the direct.

It's painful to make a top 5 and exclude so many amazing games, but it warms my heart to see them represented in other lists!

This is wild to me. Have you at least visited Hyrule castle? It's one of the most memorable areas in the game.

Edit: to clarify, not saying there is a wrong way to play/progress. That's what makes the game so special. Everyone's experience is different. Just curious how you decided on that approach.

Hahaha, yeah, not having beat Ganon at least once out of five play-throughs is odd, even for me. I think it comes down to my overall distaste for giant bosses that fill up a large section of a limited space, especially in a game like BOTW where 95% of the time I’m out in big, open spaces with plenty of space to approach enemies as I see fit. Trust me, I always planned on defeating Ganon, and always spent a lot of time in Hyrule Castle because it is a great dungeon, it’s just that by the time I was nearing the end of each play-through, it just didn’t sound fun. So, I just ended up watching a YouTube video of someone beating Ganon and that was good enough for me.

Idk why Kit and Krysta feels like they should do clickbait. They’re valuable from working inside of Nintendo. They already give good insight that they don’t have to do clickbait. Yes yes I know more views yadda yadda
You have to do clickbait to make it on YouTube. It sucks, but it is what it is. Literally every youtuber I watch uses clickbait.

Real talk. How come Nintendo has not put Famicom DC on sale yet. Its been a year. I have the coins to buy it, but I feel the moment I do it will go on sale....

Hoping to see Buddy Mission in the direct.
Rumor is this can’t be put on sale or it will mess up the discount system for buying both together. Same reason Bayo 1/2 haven’t gone on sale.

Idk why Kit and Krysta feels like they should do clickbait. They’re valuable from working inside of Nintendo. They already give good insight that they don’t have to do clickbait. Yes yes I know more views yadda yadda
yeah, i feel the same. they got a good thing going, they don't need to cheapen it with clickbait.

I’m all for shaking up the way they do their thing once in a while, but skipping the usual E3 period without any notice and (maybe) having a Direct later than usual is not what I’d consider a fun surprise, as someone said before. I know it’s all silly ads at the end of the day, but I do hope we get a substantial Direct next week.

From my understanding the algorithm prefers clickbaity titles, so it's just their way of getting seen by as many eyes as possible. But yeah this title in particular has the opposite effect on me personally because once I find out it's a prediction instead of news, I'm less likely to take their titles at face value in the future.

Edit: oops didn't read your full post before replying. 😣

the end of june just makes sense without E3.
enough distance to earlier presentations but still not too late for the hype season

Given clickbait titles work, I know I am in the minority when I say this, but if a creator puts a title of the sort in their content, I am sure as hell not going to click on it.

As for the mega sale, sadly New Pokemon Snap is not included, so there goes the hope I had of purchasing it.
You can buy New Pokemon Snap in Amazon.jp for 20 dollars, shipping maybe around another 10. 30 dollars for Pokemon Snap is cheaper than any possible future eShop deal (it includes english version of the game)

The thing about clickbait is you can do it in various ways. Having titles like "there will be no june direct" isn't even the smartest clickbait I would say. After having so many people say it will be on the 29th I won't click on a video that says no Nintendo Direct, why would I watch anti hype lol

Nate everytime he enters this thread:

giphy.gif

how do we keep Square Enix from fucking up??

My plan is just to buy the actually good games they make. Which isn’t going to be anything with NFT trash in it.

I’ve been a lot more pleased with Square in the last 5 years than I have been in the decade before that, but I’m not going anywhere near NFT scams.

It’s so odd for Kit to say he believes Nintendo could be changing the dates because of how people predict things. But then he won’t believe in the 29th because that wouldn’t make much sense with how we got Xenoblade this week.

Wouldn’t that be Nintendo changing itb

I think Kit's argument is Nintendo wants to reset expectations of their directs and their association with ESA. If they don't do any June direct this year, all of a sudden, nobody will know whether they'll do a June direct at E3 next year or the year after either.

And he gives reasons for why Nintendo might skip this year, like a lack of new announcements. He's not saying Nintendo's trying to be quirky just for the sake of being quirky. He's already explained that he doesn't think it's the 29th because doing directs in consecutive weeks is taxing for the company and at least part of the targeted audience will be on vacation.

It would be impossible for Nintendo of Europe to release something in Spain and not in the UK, Germany or France. And it would be really strange to release something in Europe and not in the USA, even if it's only a digital release.
If those rumours are true, then spanish version = full western release!
fuck yeah, thanks for clarifying that

I love how this thread always tilts from one extreme to the next. Either extremely hyped or extremely down. LMAO just because of random tweets and videos.

Nate thinking hard about giving us reassurance right now but he likes the chaos and watches in silence:

6kn1e7.jpg
Don’t need anything from him honestly. I wish him and Emily posted a lot less than they do. I hope they don’t feel obligated in any way to give us hints at inside information. Let’s just let things happen in their time. Famiboard users will survive.

Don’t need anything from him honestly. I wish him and Emily posted a lot less than they do. I hope they don’t feel obligated in any way to give us hints at inside information. Let’s just let things happen in their time. Famiboard users will survive.
yep, time will tell and it wouldn't be worth my time to give randoms reassurance over and over agian. Either they believe it or not. But thats why I like Nate. He is a better and more patient person then I am.

Hahaha, yeah, not having beat Ganon at least once out of five play-throughs is odd, even for me. I think it comes down to my overall distaste for giant bosses that fill up a large section of a limited space, especially in a game like BOTW where 95% of the time I’m out in big, open spaces with plenty of space to approach enemies as I see fit. Trust me, I always planned on defeating Ganon, and always spent a lot of time in Hyrule Castle because it is a great dungeon, it’s just that by the time I was nearing the end of each play-through, it just didn’t sound fun. So, I just ended up watching a YouTube video of someone beating Ganon and that was good enough for me.

Well you are right in the fact that the final boss fight is not fun, or at least not compared to the high standard set by the rest of the game. Calamity Ganon is by far the biggest disappointment of the game imo.

As a parent gamer, I admire the ability to disconnect and go to YouTube for content you don't necessarily want to complete in-game. Even on games I sour on, if I reach a certain point in progression I will basically force myself to push through until credits roll.

Tales of Arise is a recent example. I should I have youtubed that game from the halfway point 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom