• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to get excited about a new Banjo game when there's never been a good one :-/

Do your worst, Fami

Last edited:
According to Nate, that new Banjo project won't be ready until 2-3 years from now....do you really want them to announce it this early???
This is Microsoft's whole thing at the moment. Perfect Dark, Fable, Elder Scrolls 6, Everwild, Hellblade II, Outer Worlds 2, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Redfall. All announced 2-3 if not more years out.

This is Microsoft's whole thing at the moment. Perfect Dark, Fable, Elder Scrolls 6, Everwild, Hellblade II, Outer Worlds 2, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Redfall. All announced 2-3 if not more years out.
This is not Microsoft's whole, but VG market whole, in decades... This is done to win the trust of the public, and the public want to have the impression of a console on which so many games are arriving.

Nintendo does it too (Breath of the Wild, the sequel are two examples), albeit less frequently

This is not Microsoft's whole, but VG market whole, in decades... This is done to win the trust of the public, and the public want to have the impression of a console on which so many games are arriving.

Nintendo does it too (Breath of the Wild, the sequel are two examples), albeit less frequently
And for hiring reasons.

Its harder to hire for a secret project.

I look at what Nintendo have to do updates on or reminders, and a mini is impossible, i mean they should have litteraly have 0 Third Party, and Tactics Remastered is sure as hell on the Direct

Possible Nintendo direct announcement
IMG_20220612_115347.jpg

Possible Nintendo direct announcement
IMG_20220612_115347.jpg
They did announce Humankind for other console but not for Switch. Don't expect a Switch announcements before it's out elsewhere, Sega is clearly going for double dip money (this likely to have cross saves)

Hey, if you don't want to take my word for it, take the word of the Era poster who was right about P4AU being ported to PS4/Switch/PC (and other things like the recent Taiko releases). They aren't sure about P5 but the other two are definitely headed everywhere. Safe to bet on P5R too though, i'd say.

Persona.png
Well well well well well.

When the Direct is announced I will definitely stay of the internet for the day (if it's announced only day in advance), seems like The Snitch will leak it and also last Septermber when Nintendo leaked it themselves on their website.

When Nintendo upload the trailers from the direct to YouTube they'll suddenly know Nintendo stuff too.

Because it seems like and I just read it somewhere that it's possible he has access to YouTube videos in advance, it would make sense why his leaks are only few days before the actual announcements.
Oh. This is like that one person. I forgot their name, but they got their info from YouTube

This is still one of the funniest leaks to me link. Dude was like, my friend works at Google (like the usual joke about uncle working at Nintendo) but of course he was right all the time, but people were doubting this.

So I've been away since wednesday, and there's been 50 pages since? :O
Stuff leaking or what? Not sure I have the strength to read through 50 pages hah

Tbh, P3 needs a remake not a port.
I have played both FES and Portable and I think that, differently from P4G, it really needs a remake.

I hope they’ll port P5R and that they’ll announce a P3 remake at this point, but I doubt it…

What's the point of a Direct if it's all gonna get leaked beforehand anyway lol

Just stop the fun, put everything out in a random tweet and be done with it.
Tbh I think the same.
I’m looking at leak rn only because I don’t care about the other conferences, but when we will have the announcement of the direct then I’ll stop using internet lmao

It was Pandaroo who was doing something similar. Knowing someone at YouTube or had access to videos to leak within a day or so before the Nintendo Direct. Eventually, someone came down on that person (Nintendo or maybe someone else?) and they said they had to stop doing it.

What's the point of a Direct if it's all gonna get leaked beforehand anyway?

Just cancel the Direct, put everything out in a random tweet and be done with it.

So tired of all this :(
What are you some kind of LOSER that gets excited about ADS??

I completely agree, so lame when it's the day of

They have tried this many times in the past and failed with every one of those. Most recently with Battletoads (though Perfect Dark Zero was more embarrassing). The audience for those games are unlikely to buy Xbox for these games alone and I think, after Battletoads, if me MS is funding something like Banjo, they have something else in their minds.
What are you basing Battletoads failing on?

What's the point of a Direct if it's all gonna get leaked beforehand anyway?

Just cancel the Direct, put everything out in a random tweet and be done with it.

So tired of all this :(
Yeah.

When Direct is announced am planning to stay of the Twitter and Fami completely, so I won't get spoiled. Directs are the best of all these events so I really don't want to see anything.

Tbh, P3 needs a remake not a port.
I have played both FES and Portable and I think that, differently from P4G, it really needs a remake.

I hope they’ll port P5R and that they’ll announce a P3 remake at this point, but I doubt it…

I have yet to play Persona 3, but from what I've heard, the Tartarus sections doesn't hold up well. But I like what I've seen of the characters and their interactions especially Mitsuru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom