• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is also only a port.

Mind you, i dont want to talk it down, i did not have it on my radar, and it seems as if it could be a step towards the series (did not work for me, when i tried it), so i will kepp an eye on it. =D

My main point was that there usually where always some big JRPG releases on the horizon, and it feels as if it slowed down, but then again, people mentioned that Video Game news has slowed down generally, so that makes sense...
Also, do we know if the sequell qill be ported to? since it semingly is a 2-piece story.
It’s more than just a port. It’s both the first official localization of Trails From Zero and the definitive version of the game. Significantly better performance, higher quality assets, way more voice acting, new NPCs, and quality of life features including turbo mode. The stated goal is to match and exceed the quality and features of the already stellar fan translation/upgrade and a lot of care is being given to the all new Switch version of the game by Durante’s team and former Geofront members. For people like myself who have played it prior yes this game is a mostly known quantity, but for a majority of people this is a brand new JRPG of excellent quality. If you love JRPGs, don’t sleep on it. It’s also perfect for Switch, being turn-based and being able to save anywhere.

Any fans of indie games in here?

Also, NateDrake is awesome.
Nah, their to hip for me.

(Wheres Silksong Wheres Silksong Wheres Silksong Wheres Silksong)

But honestly, 1 or 2 indies that i like would be wonderfull.

My favourite bit of discourse is going to be the new Nintendo games having trailers which only show selective details about the game being met with cries of "is that it?!"

Love you all!

My favourite bit of discourse is going to be the new Nintendo games having trailers which only show selective details about the game being met with cries of "is that it?!"

Love you all!
I miss the, "No Smash" comments

If we get Indie World and financials both this week that'll be pretty nice for early May

Indie Worlds are fun because they’re so unpredictable. I feel like I always end up finding at least one game in those that ends up being super fun and unexpected.

Indie Worlds are fun because they’re so unpredictable. I feel like I always end up finding at least one game in those that ends up being super fun and unexpected.
Just watch, Poppy Playtime is gonna shadowdrop because of course it will.

The DK rumor was always among the most wish washy. Who/what is the original source of the rumor? It's 2D. No wait, it's 3D, unless it's not. It's being made by the Mario Odyssey team. Or is it? What does that even mean? Literally the exact same people or just people that work at the Tokyo office?

It doesn't sound anyone with a good bit of credibility has heard anything about the game. Just mostly heresy some several people on the internet with sketchy credibility at best.

Can't believe we're already in May. A week into it in fact.

Hopefully we still have a June Direct. Always a great month and something to look forward too with Nintendo.

Hopefully we still have a June Direct. Always a great month and something to look forward too with Nintendo.
I know, it's going fast. Consider that the summer game fest kickoff, which is roughly the same time that E3 would have been kicking off, is only one month out. Xbox show just a few days after that. All I really want is a Direct with Treehouse around that same time and it'll basically be just as good as last year's digital E3 was anyway.

This is not directed at you per say but I am not sure why people are so afraid that there is not going to be a June Direct. E3 or not Nintendo typically likes to detail their second half of the year. So we’ll most likely get something in June.

This is not directed at you per say but I am not sure why people are so afraid that there is not going to be a June Direct. E3 or not Nintendo typically likes to detail their second half of the year. So we’ll most likely get something in June.
I think most of us are still pretty sure there'll be one and we're not really worried about it not happening. It's more the fact that we're just not looking forward to having to wait until 1-2 days before for it to be announced. Lacking that sure-fire date and time is rough. Which is silly, I know, but it's that psychological sliver of doubt and the unknown that gets to you.

maxresdefault.jpg

The DK rumor was always among the most wish washy. Who/what is the original source of the rumor? It's 2D. No wait, it's 3D, unless it's not. It's being made by the Mario Odyssey team. Or is it? What does that even mean? Literally the exact same people or just people that work at the Tokyo office?

It doesn't sound anyone with a good bit of credibility has heard anything about the game. Just mostly heresy some several people on the internet with sketchy credibility at best.
There's been a fair bit of chatter around it; but the problem is finding out how accurate the talk truly is.

Also keep in mind that hearing the chatter doesn't equal an endorsement of the chatter -- sometimes it just means the talk is going around some circles. Hell... look at the week following GDC with all the 'big acquisition/PSVR2/Sony news' talk. People heard something may happen but no one could verify if the claims were true.

There's been a fair bit of chatter around it; but the problem is finding out how accurate the talk truly is.

Also keep in mind that hearing the chatter doesn't equal an endorsement of the chatter -- sometimes it just means the talk is going around some circles. Hell... look at the week following GDC with all the 'big acquisition/PSVR2/Sony news' talk. People heard something may happen but no one could verify if the claims were true.
How do you feel about a DK game on Switch, personally speaking? It has been almost 5 years since Odyssey and there is the big push for DK at the parks. I really don’t see how they can’t be releasing one, but this is Nintendo we’re talking about.

With the White Papers showing the legs of Tropical Freeze, it’s frankly be a missed opportunity for Nintendo to not give Switch an original Donkey Kong game.

Said it in a different thread (I think), but if the DK rumours have any credibility then the 2D game at EPD 8 is in all probability the rumoured game. If that's the case, it stands to reason we don't see it until 2023 or perhaps even 2024; the hiring call for that project was August 2020 and it's not as if EPD are particularly speedy.

I don't think bringing DK back in-house has been straightforward, if that's what's happening. Hell, part of me suspects things at EPD 8 haven't been particularly straightforward given the length of time since Odyssey. I've been wondering if Bowser's Fury was at one point a prototype for the next 3D Mario before EPD 8 decided it wouldn't work as a full game and it got outsourced to NST as a bonus for 3D World.

All speculative, but it wouldn't surprise me if EPD 8 do have a new team for DK. Tropical Freeze is on the road to 4 million as a bare bones port and is now fondly regarded; the series has a lot of creative and commercial potential, and Nintendo's Tokyo office was the last internal team to handle DK.

Said it in a different thread (I think), but if the DK rumours have any credibility then the 2D game at EPD 8 is in all probability the rumoured game. If that's the case, it stands to reason we don't see it until 2023 or perhaps even 2024; the hiring call for that project was August 2020 and it's not as if EPD are particularly speedy.

I don't think bringing DK back in-house has been straightforward, if that's what's happening. Hell, part of me suspects things at EPD 8 haven't been particularly straightforward given the length of time since Odyssey. I've been wondering if Bowser's Fury was at one point a prototype for the next 3D Mario before EPD 8 decided it wouldn't work as a full game and it got outsourced to NST as a bonus for 3D World.

All speculative, but it wouldn't surprise me if EPD 8 do have a new team for DK. Tropical Freeze is on the road to 4 million as a bare bones port and is now fondly regarded; the series has a lot of creative and commercial potential, and Nintendo's Tokyo office was the last internal team to handle DK.
I always saw bowsers fury as a test run of sorts for the next 3d mario, kind of like how a link between worlds and skyward sword laid some of the mechanical groundwork for breath of the wild. I fully expect that the nexr 3d mario will
Be a seamless open world

Do you think the June direct will be announced in advance like if it was a E3 direct or it will be announced just few day prior the airing ?
I don’t see it being announced weeks ahead. I could see a week the most.

I’m hoping someone asks Furukawa if Nintendo will have a presentation since E3 is cancelled.

Btw I’m not doubting Nintendo will have a presentation. I fully expect one, but it would be nice to get the confirmation earlier from Furukawa.

I wonder if EPD is being given more leeway for some of their bigger projects because of how well their overall business is doing. There's no need to "rush" games like BotW2, the next mainline 3D Mario or a hypothetical Donkey Kong when you can rely on evergreens, ports and third party games.

Do you think the June direct will be announced in advance like if it was a E3 direct or it will be announced just few day prior the airing ?

I'm starting to think "E3" is a rather vague concept these days. I think Nintendo is going to act very independently and they decide whether to not to have a "Bigger Direct associated with a Treehouse" independent of what the other companies do.

To answer the question, I think that if they're planning to make a bigger direct with a Treehouse, it might be announced in advance.

Who in EPD do we think would be making Star Fox? Emily said it was being prototyped back in 2018 I believe. So I was wondering if it made it through to be developed who would do it?

I just want Nintendo to announce the new DK. Don't care if I have to wait until 2024. At least I'll know Nintendo is putting in the effort in caring about the franchise compared to the total silence giving the impression they don't care.

I wonder if EPD is being given more leeway for some of their bigger projects because of how well their overall business is doing. There's no need to "rush" games like BotW2, the next mainline 3D Mario or a hypothetical Donkey Kong when you can rely on evergreens, ports and third party games.
IIRC Furukawa said last year that team sizes, budgets, and production cycles were getting longer. I can't remember if he was generally talking about the way the industry is trending, but part of me thinks he was talking specifically about first party development and implying that they had that option because of the strength of the Switch business. It was at one of the investor calls so I might dig around later and see what he actually said.

Logically, it makes a lot of sense, and it is something I suspect is true.

In a perfect world Miyamoto is supervising a VR Star Fox ride while someone else at EPD handles a console game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom