• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for June 21 (40 minutes long, focused on games releasing this year, 7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 4PM Central European)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno I’m highly suspicious of the fact the leaks have been almost exclusively first party. Third party is the weak point usually so that’s real flag for me
And anything first-party that does leak from Nintendo tends to come from a western studio (Metroid Prime remake was Retro in Texas, Mario 3D All-Stars was NERD in Germany).

To be fair, I guess the day before stuff is made public the info is in more non-Japanese folks hands, but it's always dubious.

I do find it rather funny that we're taking Pyoro's word so highly. Like, I didn't hear about this account until yesterday and suddenly he's all over Fami and we supposedly have major leaks for a new 2D Mario. I'm gonna take a wait and see approach - if it happens, it happens. If it matches what the "leaker" says, sure. But I won't put all my hopes into it.

Hype responsibly, folks!

I dunno I’m highly suspicious of the fact the leaks have been almost exclusively first party. Third party is the weak point usually so that’s real flag for me
Third party is the difficult part to make up about. I mean, who would have guessed Level-5 making an open world furry cop JRPG?

If this Pyoro guy is legit then it seems like most of the Direct's major beats have been leaked. Nintendo must be fucking fuming if that's the case

Think there’s a chance we get a treehouse tomorrow?

I think they would’ve announced it, but on the other hand, why the early morning time? That’s usually when E3 was and there’d be treehouse after

As I said, I only believed him in the first tweet that had only 2 predictions - a very vague one (SNES remake) and one that has been speculated and talked about for years (2D Mario). The moment he started posting the yoshi gif and liking tweets about Mario RPG, I pretty much tuned out and tried not to pay him any attention, but that's hard to do when everyone is talking about his posts.

If he wants to "tell me more" and prove that he's actually an insider, he should consider leaking something that isn't easy to guess, because so far his leaks sound more like the average forum user's wishlist than a real Direct.
So far 2D Mario, Detective Pikachu, DQ Monsters and (what seems to be) Everybody 1-2 Switch are all very predictable and expected.
Mario RPG is the only more unique one, but even that was discussed and speculated by people previously (including some users on this forum).

Anyways, I don't really want to argue about this - the Direct is in like 18 hours so we'll know soon enough.
There is nothing easy or safe about predicting Detective Pikachu 2 showing up tomorrow.

So... what are we having as shadowdrops? Last Direct's sahdowdrop was very lame with that 1 dollar Power Pros game, so they have to compensate for it. I want Suikoden 1-2 drop!

My possible games/franchises which have been rumoured, wished for or just some logic. Def not everything!

First Party-games/franchises:

• Pikmin 4
  • Everybody 1-2 Switch
  • Detective Pikachu 2
  • Mario 2D
  • Mario Party
  • Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Remake/Remaster
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes HD-ports (Double pack?)
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption HD-ports (Double pack?)
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake
  • Donkey Kong
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising Remake/Remaster
  • F-Zero Remake/Remaster
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remake/Remaster
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X -port
  • Sonic/Mario Olympics game

DLC:
  • Tears of the Kingdom DLC
  • Splatoon 3 DLC
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 5 + nieuwe personages
  • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope

Amiibo:
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Sora,
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Noa & Mio
  • TotK Ganondorf & TotK Zelda

Third Party-games/franchises:
  • Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
  • Baten Kaitos
  • Lara Croft
  • Metal Gear Solid Master Collection
  • Dragon Quest Monsters
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D
  • Professor Layton
  • Star Ocean
  • Atlus: Metaphor, Persona Tactica, Persona 3 Reloaded, Shin Megami Tensei V: Complete Edition

Pyoro not saying anything about Prime 4 is scaring me😭
Them not mentioning Prime 4 makes me think they’re legit.

I, sadly, have lost all hope in Prime 4 being at the show tomorrow. So leakers saying nothing about it fits my feelings.

Yes, I am aware of the possibility that Nintendo might be hiding it like they did with TotK’s reveal teaser, but I dunno anymore.

Am I being a downer? Yes. Do I hope that I’m wrong and Prime 4 shows up tomorrow? Also yes.

Pyoro could have got stuff wrong in the past. He might have deleted his tweets.
We went over this a few times in the earlier thread: the stuff that account has leaked before has been so specific (an actual Pokémon! several hours before 4Chan leaked it!) that it has at least some cred going into this Direct. Whether that cred remains after tomorrow...

So... what are we having as shadowdrops? Last Direct's sahdowdrop was very lame with that 1 dollar Power Pros game, so they have to compensate for it. I want Suikoden 1-2 drop!
Huh? We had Metroid Prime Remastered shadowdrop in the last Direct!

… last direct had prime remastered? Unless I’m missing a joke here lol

I do find it rather funny that we're taking Pyoro's word so highly. Like, I didn't hear about this account until yesterday and suddenly he's all over Fami and we supposedly have major leaks for a new 2D Mario. I'm gonna take a wait and see approach - if it happens, it happens. If it matches what the "leaker" says, sure. But I won't put all my hopes into it.

Hype responsibly, folks!
It's probably the fact that even if he could be the Waddle Dee Knows type, he somehow has guessed a thing or two that aren't easy to guess at all.

First party stuff might have leaked because Nintendo likely updated retail and marketing partners a couple of weeks ago. Around that time, Nate seems to have heard about the Direct, as did Felipe. Christopher Dring also suggested that the reason the Direct seemed certain was because Nintendo had just updated their retail and marketing partners about their forthcoming titles.

My possible games/franchises which have been rumoured, wished for or just some logic. Def not everything!

First Party-games/franchises:

• Pikmin 4
  • Everybody 1-2 Switch
  • Detective Pikachu 2
  • Mario 2D
  • Mario Party
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes HD-ports (Double pack?)
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption HD-ports (Double pack?)
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake
  • Donkey Kong
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising Remake/Remaster
  • F-Zero Remake/Remaster
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remake/Remaster
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X -port
  • Sonic/Mario Olympics game

DLC:
  • Tears of the Kingdom DLC
  • Splatoon 3 DLC
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 5 + nieuwe personages
  • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope

Amiibo:
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Sora,
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Noa & Mio
  • TotK Ganondorf & TotK Zelda

Third Party-games/franchises:
  • Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
  • Baten Kaitos
  • Lara Croft
  • Metal Gear Solid Master Collection
  • Dragon Quest Monsters
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D
  • Professor Layton
  • Star Ocean
  • Atlus: Metaphor, Persona Tactica, Persona 3 Reloaded, Shin Megami Tensei V: Complete Edition
Like I said to a user back on Resetera, if that horse game is as godawful as it is, they're not going to bother discussing it.

Last edited:

Hype responsibly, folks!
ngl I probably trust them more than the average account strictly based on their usage of pyoro, such a trustworthy little fella

Hype responsibly, folks!
I don't think it's a problem because their claims have such a short shelf life. Tomorrow is do or die for them. It would be a totally different issue if we had to entertain an unverified leaker for weeks or even months. If they get it wrong we forget it as the mere two day fling that it was, if they get it right we have a reliable new leaker

if Mario RPG remake is real square and Nintendo could have something vary unique or bland depending on the art style they use

Is Super Mario RPG still circulating as the possible remake? I feel like I’ve seen a couple different things on that now when last night seemed to be in SMRPG’s favor.

There is nothing easy or safe about predicting Detective Pikachu 2 showing up tomorrow.
Why not? We've been expecting this game coming out this year since that linkedin post (or maybe it was an interview) where a developer mentioned that it's launching soon.

And I really don't think Nintendo cares all that much whether this is shown in a Pokemon Presents or a Direct.
If anything they probably think it's better in a Direct because it could appeal to people who aren't into Pokemon (and wouldn't tune in for a Presents) that just want a Detective/puzzle-solving adventure game. I can already see them making a small headlines section featuring games like Rain Code, Ghost Trick, Decapolice and Detective Pikachu or something like that.

Huh? We had Metroid Prime Remastered shadowdrop in the last Direct!
… last direct had prime remastered? Unless I’m missing a joke here lol
Oh sorry, forgot to mention, I do not care for Metroid. I was talking for myself. I almost always buy all the shadowdrops in Directs and in the last Direct, aside from Metroid, there was only Power Pros. I want them to compensate me, lol

The detective pikachu hint is obviously just trying to tell us that this next direct will be hosted by Ryan Reynolds.

Like I said to a user back on Resetera, if the game is as godawful as it is, they're not going to bother discussing it.

based on the original Fanbyte article and unenthusiastic announcement tweet I would sooner expect NOA actively warn fans against buying it than happily promote the game in a Direct

Wow just forgetting about the greatest looking Switchgame in Metroid Prime Remastered.

We'll see tomorrow just how legit Pyoro actually is, but comparing them to SamusHunter, especially when they haven't been proven wrong yet is a bit much.

People keep mentioning Chrono Trigger remake.

People need to stop, I'm going to want it even more and I know its not happening 😢

Niiiiice, so Super Mario RPG rumor is 99% fake, potentially paving the way for TTYD remaster after all? My only worry was they wouldn't both be included in this direct, so I think TTYD is back on the menu.

I was gonna suggest that maybe he never predicted the Ghost dog Pokemon, but maybe did that weird thing people do with Twitter time stamps

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post-match analysis of leakers and gotchas over who was right to doubt/believe rumours does not need hostility. Please treat other members with kindness.

Back
Top Bottom