• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct announced for June 21 (40 minutes long, focused on games releasing this year, 7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 4PM Central European)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t with him. Trying to argue it sells over time and not a big launch seller.
I was going to comment but just am going to ignore it. “It won’t move systems day 1 like Pokémon and Zelda”. I don’t know what reality he is living in but it sure isn’t this one lol

September Direct could be something like

• Super Princess Peach Returns
  • Luigi’s Mansion 2
  • Super Mario Wonder overview
  • Super Mario RPG overview
  • Pikmin 4 DLC
  • F-Zero GX
  • Metroid Prime 4

If we say all those will launch before end of March 2024
I don’t think Metroid Prime 4 will launch by then

The September direct might be below average ngl.

Should have update on NSO
Super Mario Bros Wonder
Maybe new Peach game?
Pokémon dlc
Ports/remasters
Super Mario RPG

Errrrmmm idk if we’ll see Prime 4.
If I get Prime 4 (It's time)
, F-Zero GX HD(I think Nintendo seems to like to do the gamecube games as one shadowdrop per Direct and we had Pikmin this time and Prime 1 last time)
and FE4 Remake (It was still too early after Engage) it'll be one of the greats.

This one was too Mario heavy for me even it had some games for me, there was nothing that fully got me.

Also a reminder that just because something is a rumor, that doesn't mean it will show up in the next presentation. I think some people overhyped themselves thinking that things like Fire Emblem 4 and Kid Icarus Uprising HD would for sure be there but remember that not everything rumored will show up at once (if they are even true at all).

If I get Prime 4 (It's time)
, F-Zero GX HD(I think Nintendo seems to like to do the gamecube games as one shadowdrop per Direct and we had Pikmin this time and Prime 1 last time)
and FE4 Remake (It was still too early after Engage) it'll be one of the greats.

This one was too Mario heavy for me even it had some games for me, there was nothing that fully got me.
Oh shoot I forgot Fire Emblem remake. Yeah I was definitely expecting that in a September Direct

Well considering Dring is moving the goal post to say Mario doesn't count because it's "not a 10 million day 1 game, but a title that sells well overtime"
So I just checked, and when he started his "No notable Switch games after TOTK" statements, he specifically claimed that there was no Mario game coming in 2023 and that, after Zelda, Pikmin 4 was probably Nintendo's biggest game for the year in terms of brand recognition. I don't dislike the guy, but he messed up hard on this one.

Seriously the movie and the sheer size of the Switch install base is uncharted territory for a mainline Super Mario title launch. We've no precedent for those kind of circumstances and I suspect Nintendo are banking on it being a very, very big launch.

No I'm very obviously talking about the titles Nintendo are actually releasing in that period versus what they normally do across September through November. If we want to compare to previous years, in 2022 they'd already done strong sellers like Pokemon Legends and Switch Sports earlier in the year, too, but it didn't stop them from having both Splatoon 3 and Pokemon in September and November. In 2019 they'd done two Super Mario titles in the first half, but still banked on multiple big sellers in the holiday season.

A single title doing the heavy lifting is slightly unusual in the Switch era and rarely happens; 2020 and 2017 being the other examples of it, and Super Mario being the series Nintendo relied on in both of those years too. Christopher Dring is also correct to point out that, by way of comparison with the rest of the holiday line up, there isn't another major title among them. That's not a controversial thing to point out, even if I think he's being dismissive of Super Mario Wonder's launch sales potential.

This would be a really strong late life option for Switch - be great if there's a digital option for owners of the ring-con. I'm not sure, though; somebody more knowledgable than me on EPD 4's producers and activities would have to chip in to say if that's a realistic option.
I really hope so too; honestly in a long term review of RFA my only complaint after sinking in 130 hours (and eventually returning to it once my life settles down) is that as a physical copy, I'm extremely spoiled in not having the option to launch it immediately rather than swapping out whatever card is currently in there.
~~~
In addition to SMBW, not only is it gonna be a big launch, but could very well be the last system seller for a Switch as it approaches eight years on the market without a price cut...unless a price cut is coming before the game releases. Either way, this might push the Switch to outsell DS or even PS2 lifetime.

TBH this h2 is pretty good for a year where the biggest game of the company released in may.
Getting pikmin 4, mario 2d (an easy 30 mil seller if not even more with the mario movie hype so it could even be bigger than zelda so shut up dring) and a big mario rpg remake plus a new warioware feels like a pretty standard end slate.

I don’t think this is just YouTube. There’s more to this person I feel
The first thing i thought about him when i saw his tweets was that he was a child/teenager who's family member/family friend works in the game industry (not as a dev, probably working on marketing helping with these presentations or whatnot) showing him some stuff early (or telling him). I feel like if he was actually involved in the game industry or had some personal connections (not family type) he would be more like Nate and not flat out leak things in the way he did

Overall I really liked the direct. Mario is my number 1 IP. I can see the signs of the end of the system of course, but overall I really liked it. The best nintendo system of all time just continues to add more games to its library.

There is no need to escalate to this level of hostility. You have been banned for a week. - PixelKnight, VolcanicDynamo, Derachi
The fact pyoro was right isn't even the point. The point is that "never believing anything and calling people gullible" isn't a personality trait
lol fuck off dickhead

Sorry I don't instantly believe every fucking supposed insider that pops up

I just realized what an incredible year this is for Nintendo, good god.

Fire Emblem Engage
Kirby Retun to Dreamland HD
Metroid Prime Remastered
Bayonetta Origins
Advance Wars
Tears of the Kingdom
Pikmin 1+2
The GOAT Everybody 1-2 Switch
Pikmin 4
Super Mario Bros. Wonder
WarioWare Move It!
Super Mario RPG

GREAT balance of new and legacy stuff.

Also yeah this was a good direct, it would have been top tier with metroid prime 4 but that's not a big problem.
We were on mario drought so having such a big slate of mario releases is pretty cool.
Also for being the year where they would coast on dlc we only got mario kart and pokemon. No side order showing and 0 TotK dlc announcement.

Wait I watched the Peach game again. I didn’t see she did an attack. Yo is that an adventure game??
I'm really intrigued by it and wondering who's developing it. Is this an internal game, a subsidiary, or someone else? Visually it looks really good.

Definitely looks like they're aiming for Peach to have a very different play style to Mario, which makes sense, so it means this could be something really quite different. Interested to find out more and I hope Nintendo recognise that Peach isn't the only princess who deserves a starring turn.

Peach game announcement was the oddest game announcement Nintendo has had in a while

I’m super excited for it, but also wondering who’s making it
Yeah I’m very interested in the game. The announcement was not as bad as Animal Crossing where they just showed a logo lol. At least they gave us a little something, but man I want to know more because I liked Super Princess Peach on DS

Just a question about Mario Wonders;

1) did you like the run animation?
2) does it feel like Rayman Legends where you are running all the time? I like my 2d side scrolling games where I take my time.

Nah, that was always going to happen. 3DS got new titles in 2017 and 2018 and that had a smaller installbase and a far less profitable software market.
You knew that
I knew that

But we had people like Dring say Nintendo has "no pipeline after TotK", and a lot of people were convinced Switch was "dead" outside of hd remasters and dlc.

Metroid Prime 4 is a cross gen game. We may not even see it until they announce Switch 2.
Hell of a launch title though. That would make up for the long wait.

Even though I normally buy the next Nintendo console anyway, Metroid Prime is a literal system seller for me. I’d be there day 1.

This november is starting to sound like an epic month. So far:

Super Mario RPG
Star Ocean 2 R
Persona 5 Tactica
Sonic Superstars (most likely)
Biomutant

And probably we'll get DECAPOLICE date too, for november. I'm gonna have a feast!

Before this direct I wasn't expecting to buy many more Switch games. But with the Pikmin 1+2 shadowdrop, I can't help but think MP2/3 are closer than I thought they were. Seems the Switch isn't close to done consuming my money

Tone down the hostility
Staff Communication
The post-match analysis of leakers and gotchas over who was right to doubt/believe rumours does not need this level of hostility. Please treat other members with kindness. - PixelKnight, Derachi, Barely Able, Josh5890, Volcanic Dynamo

I wonder if Nintendo was never planning on revealing the Peach game here until they saw the reception to the Mario movie? It felt a little shoehorned in and was probably going to be a full September direct reveal.

So, is there still are rumour for something happening in July? Or was that just Grubb hearing about the Direct we just saw that ended up being June instead of July?

Peach game announcement was the oddest game announcement Nintendo has had in a while

I’m super excited for it, but also wondering who’s making it
I think it's very fitting for an end of the console life like game from Nintendo. It's a weird quirky game that we get when Nintendo's teams are really digging deep into the creativity bin when their big IPs are done with the system. It's one of the biggest reasons why I love Nintendo, especially when they are on the up an up.

I think it's very fitting for an end of the console life like game from Nintendo. It's a weird quirky game that we get when Nintendo's teams are really digging deep into the creativity bin when their big IPs are done with the system. It's one of the biggest reasons why I love Nintendo, especially when they are on the up an up.
I’m glad you brought this up because I wanted to say this too. It feels like “here’s the end of the gen do what you guys have wanted to do”. Do some smaller stuff, some new IP’s, give characters their own game. I love this stuff and very intrigued

As a whole, I didn't have much expectations going into the Direct and the Direct hit the major notes for me? So... I'm not EXCITED but it's cool.
P5T, I already expected. And maybe.... Super Mario RPG? Since I already kinda like the Mario and Luigi RPG series.
I got enough backlog for the rest of 2023 (and 2024 probably) anyway. acceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post-match analysis of leakers and gotchas over who was right to doubt/believe rumours does not need hostility. Please treat other members with kindness.

Back
Top Bottom