• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct announced for June 21 (40 minutes long, focused on games releasing this year, 7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 4PM Central European)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Nintendo do the honors of announcing the Final Fantasy 9 remake? I mean idc at the end of the day. I want it to be announced!
There is some noise that the FFIX Remake isn’t as far out done as some may have felt it was. Just because it was in the Nvidia leak doesn’t mean it was gonna be ready in a couple of years

Speculation: FFIX and X remakes are being prepared for their 25th anniversary. So that means they are aiming for 2025 and 2026 release dates.

They are 1:1 3D remakes like Trials of Mana.

Mega plot twist: both will get a dual announcement at first next HW direct (?) next year.

Big theory: FFVIII will get the FFVII Remake Trilogy treatment for next decade.

Speculation: FFIX and X remakes are being prepared for their 25th anniversary. So that means they are aiming for 2025 and 2026 release dates.

Mega plot twist: both will get a dual announcement at first next HW direct (?) next year.

That makes sense. Square can’t flood the market with so much marketing on multiple Final Fantasy games now.

It's been a week since the Direct and it's still amazing to me that it happened.

I will never doubt the existence of a June Direct ever again.
I’m still in awe that so many people voted for September. I can understand voting for July because at least it’s before Pikmin would’ve released.

Super Mario Bros Wonder comes at the perfect moment - otherwise I would've fallen into a post-Zelda black hole.

Keeping an eye open for July hardware shenanigans (slim chance, but still). Otherwise I'll be regularly posting in the Mario Wonder thread if it's out already?!11

Also Mario Kart DLC

So this was the most Mario-heavy Direct since the 35th anniversary one, yeah? Really does feel nice to have gotten a pile of new games announced for the series all at once.

I truly think that Kitase wmade FF7 remake in three parts a reality

By the end he will be at 99% out of gaming and I think FF8 will just use FF7 remake style for a single remake

So this was the most Mario-heavy Direct since the 35th anniversary one, yeah? Really does feel nice to have gotten a pile of new games announced for the series all at once.
We deserved it tbh. Think about what was the last brand new Mario game in general we had on Switch prior to this presentation? Mario is their mascot and people love his games.

Grubb is back, saying Prime 2 is relatively soon and something non-TOTK for Zelda later this year

Metroid Prime 2 Remastered probably is coming out relatively soonish, that is happening. That probably is happening relatively soonish, this next phrase, I'm afraid to say so I might not actually say it. Listen... I don't know what it means, I'm gonna tell you what they told me and if you take this and you spin it into something else everybody, it's on you. Okay, it's on you.

Something not related to Tears of the Kingdom is happening with Zelda later this year.

Could the Zelda thing possibly be that Zelda movie that was leaked/rumored a while ago?
I wouldn't expect it this soon after the Mario movie.
although striking while the totk-iron is still hot might actually be smart 🤔

There’s no direct speculation thread and this thread lived on for a week or two after the direct to speculate so figured it was the best place instead of making a new thread

I mean I had a heart attack reading "New Nintendo Direct Announced!!" so uhhh seems like not the best place imo 😅

I wouldn't expect it this soon after the Mario movie.
although striking while the totk-iron is still hot might actually be smart 🤔
The "Later in the year" could also refer to a Zelda movie announcement at the game awards. I don't believe it'd be for the most likely September direct as that doesn't feel far enough.

The "Later in the year" could also refer to a Zelda movie announcement at the game awards. I don't believe it'd be for the most likely September direct as that doesn't feel far enough.
ooooh actually that would be the sort of thing Hollywood Geoff would want to secure for his show... 😮

There’s no direct speculation thread and this thread lived on for a week or two after the direct to speculate so figured it was the best place instead of making a new thread
There’s the general discussion and the leaks/rumors archive threads…

I know I'm a month late but I cannot imagine they're going to marry themselves to a three-game remake for Final Fantasy VIII, a project that would probably take them another 10 years to complete

Especially because the FF7R project isn't a remake

I know I'm a month late but I cannot imagine they're going to marry themselves to a three-game remake for Final Fantasy VIII, a project that would probably take them another 10 years to complete

Especially because the FF7R project isn't a remake
Final Fantasy 8 already got its remaster. No one is clamoring for a remake. Final Fantasy 7 is iconic. It made business sense to fully reimagine it with multiple parts like they did because you’ll get the returns.

Final Fantasy 8 already got its remaster. No one is clamoring for a remake. Final Fantasy 7 is iconic. It made business sense to fully reimagine it with multiple parts like they did because you’ll get the returns.
I think we're mostly in agreement, though I put forward again that FF7R is a sequel, not a remake

As the direct took place a month ago, any new rumors belong in their own thread. This thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post-match analysis of leakers and gotchas over who was right to doubt/believe rumours does not need hostility. Please treat other members with kindness.

Back
Top Bottom