• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for June 21 (40 minutes long, focused on games releasing this year, 7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 4PM Central European)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feels bm, it's one thing to dislike someone for their content, it's another to say they're like a hateful white supremacist who pushes conspiracy theories and toxic attitudes that hurt minorities.
Idk how in depth we wanna go but he actually does seem to be pretty toxic on top of everything else. (If I should delete this please let me know but I think it's fair warning letting people know what they're getting into with this guy)

Idk how in depth we wanna go but he actually does seem to be pretty toxic on top of everything else. (If I should delete this please let me know but I think it's fair warning letting people know what they're getting into with this guy)

I have no problem if you're criticizing/hating someone for the sexist/racist/hateful things they've actually said on the record. If you're going to accuse someone of that thought, bring receipts.

wait why is everyone in this thread talking about a brand new Punch-Out all of a sudden IS THERE HOPE??!?!!
Are you trying to materialize a new Punch Out since I haven’t seen anyone other than you mention it, lmao

It is a series that deserves to come back.

So... to conclude, basically every Nintendo IP has been rumoured to appear tomorrow at this point?

Since a quick Google search tells me Nintendo has about 200 IPs and that the Direct will take around 40 minutes, we will get shown a new game approximately every 10th second.
Hold onto your butts, everyone!

Ok here's my bingo card

Direct_Bingo_21_June_Template.png

The erasure of New Super Mario Bros U will not be allowed to stand. That game is a masterpiece and deserves respect.
Oh I fully agree, but that doesn't erase it being a sequel in the way every NSMB title was.

Similar to Zelda, I adore Mario getting a new "feel" with every generation, and that's decidedly not been the case for 2D Mario since NSMB

I got my Level 5 games in February, so now I need a new developer to rally behind to get their games on Switch.

So where is a Switch port for Odin Sphere, Vanillaware??

Do you guys think there's any particular reason why this one is happening at 16 CEST and not the typical midnight for general direct?

Isn’t it curious that the Snitch tweet shows the yellow and red Builder Mario?

It isn’t likely to be a hint of Mario Maker 3, not when MM2 is already on Switch. (“Nintendo [has advised] that it's better to do one iteration on each machine,” Yves Guillemot said.)

Can it be…
pack2800.png

(Or Snitch simply doesn’t know Mario well enough to tell the differences in color.)

Not to mention, the cheeks...

a1c.jpg

Is there any reason it's being called Super Mario Wonderland? Has there been a hint toward that title?

I think the "Wonder" being attributed to Mario is a recent development since this tweet. Originally some folks speculated that the only SNES games that have "Wonder" in the title were Motoko-chan no Wonder Kitchen (Motokochan in Wonder Kitchen, Ajinomoto as dev/pub) Yadamon: Wonderland Dream (Sting Entertainment dev/Tokuma Shoten pub), Waku Waku Ski Wonder Spur (no translated title, Human Club dev/Human Entertainment pub), and the forefront contender Wonder Project J (Almanic Corporation as dev/Enix as pub). All four titles are Japanese-exclusive.

...in short I think it somehow got warped from Wonder Project J -> Enix -> Squeenix 2DHD project -> Chrono Trigger -> 2D Mario getting the association with "Wonder"

But if I'm wrong I'd love to hear someone else chime in to correct me

he's trying to say something with his mario memes

Was it him that tweeted the clown Hollow Knight at the eve of Microsoft's event that re-revealed it?(as in, Silksong appearing afaun and once again without a date)

Totk really shortened my hype cycle for this direct

it's just hitting me how big this has the potential to be with how little we know
Yeah this, I kinda went offline on the boards once TOTK came out to just lose myself in it. Didn't realize there was Direct smoke until late last week

Lol, TotK just got a WALL of perfect scores on MC to bring the average back up to 96 on the day of the Direct announcement. Unreal!

A great game that just had a lot of baggage working against it.
The only baggage it has is Nintendo made the stupid decision to release both it and NSMB2 on 3DS the same year. Remove NSMB2 and the new series doesn't look anywhere near as "milked" as people claim it was.

Original release on the DS

An iterative sequel that adds multiplayer and motion controls (first for both in 2d Mario) on the Wii

The final version that brings the game into HD and (attempted) to sell the gimmick of using the gamepad to enhance gameplay.

NSMB2 being the bizarre coin gimmick game basically throws everything in chaos by it's existence. It's similar to how Corrin single handedly caused the "too much FE in Smash" reputation.

it's just hitting me how big this has the potential to be with how little we know
I'm the exact opposite, I've been dying to find out what's next as TotK didn't do it for me.

I haven't really played much though since the FF demo, cause that's all I want to play now.

Same here :LOL: 175 hours played and one more phenomena to go still. I'm starting to feel the Direct hype, but frankly I won't be able to play any shadow drops cuz I'm still invested in TotK

Good thing about the Direct being early is fewer waking hours of anticipation/dread!

Unless you live somewhere it's in the middle of the day and/or are a night person.

Same here :LOL: 175 hours and one more phenomena to go still. I'm starting to feel the Direct hype, but frankly I won't be able to play any shadow drops cuz I'm still invested in TotK
I shall pour one out for all the folks who can't close out or risk lose their dupe glitch

I won't be able to watch live tomorrow. I have to drive around and do a lot of things gulps outdoors. These things will actually keep me busy until late at night, so I will have to go full media blackout until then to avoid spoilers.

So, famiboards, see you on the other side. Enjoy the direct, and as always, trust the process. It will never lead you astray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post-match analysis of leakers and gotchas over who was right to doubt/believe rumours does not need hostility. Please treat other members with kindness.

Back
Top Bottom