• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for June 21 (40 minutes long, focused on games releasing this year, 7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 4PM Central European)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not against, but he doesn't believe it.

Still feel Pyoro is one of those case of getting some stuff right in the past, and then only being fed fake infos and flying too close to the sun. It happened so many times during the Switch era lol.

Yeah honestly, with all the "HOLY SMOKES MARIO RPG HD REMAKE AND WACKY WEIRD NEW 2D MARIO STARRING DAISY WARIO WALUIGI ETC" I think we should still just throttle it down a bit and wait and see what happens before going in on all the hype.

Listening to Nate the Hate. Nate and MVG talking about how everyone is done with TOTK and ready to move on like the game is leaving no impact strikes me as a weird-ass take. Am I wrong? It’s like a 100 hour plus game selling tens of millions of copies.

Massive Zelda fan here and I'm absolutely ready to move on. Hope to beat the final boss this month. Playing this game for so long the last couple of weeks is enough.

This post is not getting enough attention so I’m bumping it. Kotaro Uchikoshi is the writer/director of the AI: The Somnium Files series, Zero Escape series, and Infinity series. There’s no reason for him to be hinting at a Pikachu project unless he’s involved.

The Detective Pikachu 2 is going to be trippy.
I have loved all his work, so if he is involved, count me in.

raptor-jesus.gif
I love this gif so much xD

Just realized the Direct is set for the same exact time my presentation at work will start.

The Famiboards curse is real, and it has struck me this time around.

I was gonna say that I understand Nate’s thoughts on TOTK, but if he hasn’t played it, then I don’t exactly understand. But this was my take anyways:

• BOTW released during the Switch’s launch year;
• Unlike its predecessor, TOTK was released during the Switch’s state of market saturation

People are more than ready to move on from the current Hyrule and current console

Massive Zelda fan here and I'm absolutely ready to move on. Hope to beat the final boss this month. Playing this game for so long the last couple of weeks is enough.
I want more content; more shrines, more puzzles, more quests, etc. I feel like I'm suffering withdrawal from now having more TotK to explore.

This post is not getting enough attention so I’m bumping it. Kotaro Uchikoshi is the writer/director of the AI: The Somnium Files series, Zero Escape series, and Infinity series. There’s no reason for him to be hinting at a Pikachu project unless he’s involved.

No fucking way

Bruh, the writer of Zero Escape and AI Somnuim Files working on Detective Pikachu? I don't care about Pokémon but I would buy it since I freaking love his work lol.

I don't really have predictions since I don't really make them. I just wanna know what's being cooked up in the Switch's kitchen.

So I'l just chuck this out. Which third-party game do you think is gonna get the impossible port this time?

So Mario RPG might happen per Pyoro and then a Paper Mario game is being remade?! It better be one of the first three.

Oh my god

Nirvana Initiative was absolutely fucking insane in the best way. Uchikoshi working on Pokemon would be wild.

Let him cook.

What if "wonder" is a riddle?
When you spell wonder backwards, you get "red now". What is red now? Mario's overalls... But why are they red? Is Mario on his period? That's right, we're getting a Mario sex education game as a continuation of the SNES education games, and it therefore also counts as the SNES remake.
Two birds with one stone, no need to thank me.

I’ve been told not to go into this with too much expectation and yet here I’m being given reason to think Pikachu Escape: Virtues last Pokémon is a game that might be there. Help

Honestly this time i really dont know what to predict. Life for me got more busy and i am kinda bit out of the loop. However since my GF got me the Zelda OLED (before i only had the day one switch) my love for the Switch got really ignited again.

So im beyond hyped for this show.

I guess on my wishlist for this direct is:
  • Fire Emblem Remake
  • New Team Asano Game
  • Metroid Prime 4 reveal
  • 2d Zelda (new or remake)
  • Some Random JRPG that just catches me by surprise!

Y'all everything is moving too fast. Just wait til Pyoro comes and hints at MP4 lol.

But, from what I can recall, as far as rumors go:
  • 2D Mario(Pyoro);
  • Super Mario RPG Remake(Pyoro);
  • Detective Pikachu(Pyoro);
  • Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door Remaster(from other people, did someone talk about it for this Direct?);
  • F-Zero something, probably GX remaster(Nate and Sylux Hunter);
  • Persona 3 Reloaded (Atlus leaking accidentally lmao and retail listings);
  • Dragon Quest Monsters (Pyoro);
  • Shin Megami Tensei V something (idk who).

What else?

That Mario 2D emoji teaser is intriguing. wonderland would be a nice setting, but I would prefer something not too alien or different ala Super Mario Land 2. With the recent movie, many people would love a new take on the Mushroom Kingdom, instead of something too experimental. Pretty hyped regardless. Additional DLC for Mario Maker 2 with the new style/power ups/enemies would be fantastic, but maybe they’ll wait until the next console to make a new game since MM2 UI is not that great.

Hoping to see Metroid 4, Astral Chain 2, Xenoblade X and F-Zero GX (they could be better placed as Drake titles or cross-gen, though).

My usual dream announcements (totally not happening): the rumoured SNES remake I’d love is not Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger, but Terranigma, or Xenogears as a 2D-HD remake. After Baten Kaitos remasters and Future Redeemed, the same treatment for Xenosaga would be nice, too. Namco wouldn’t translate to Europe-5 languages so oh well…

Last edited:
No one's talking about Nate not believing in SMRPG remake nor Chrono remake ? That's pretty based of him to go against that Pyoro nonsense if you ask me.

MVG sounded a lot more disbelieving of SMRPG than Nate to me. Nate even talked about how this could be why it isn’t on NSO.

Mario Party being in the title of Nate's recent predictions, got me now excited to watch this direct now even more.

Alright everyone, place your bets: just how full of shit were Chris Dring and Andy Robinson?
LMAO, that was me with Xenoblade 3. That game was beefy.

"the ready to move on" comments seems like a case of being a bit too much on the internet and not in the real world.

That Mario 2D emoji teaser is intriguing. wonderland would be a nice setting, but I would prefer something not too alien or different ala Super Mario Land 2. With the recent movie, many people would love a new take on the Mushroom Kingdom, instead of something too experimental.
I’ve read the opposite online lol. I’ve seen so many people sick of the ‘New’ art-style that they want something different and not just the same again, sort of like Odyssey.

Y'all everything is moving too fast. Just wait til Pyoro comes and hints at MP4 lol.

• 2D Mario(Pyoro);
  • Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door Remaster(from other people, did someone talk about it for this Direct?);

What else?
Crash Team Rumble, leaked by Activision Support

• 2D Mario(Pyoro);

What else?
Historically rumoured games:

-Zelda WW/TP WiiU ports
-New Donkey Kong (unknown whether 2D or 3D)
-Kid Icarus (potentially uprising ported)

Loved the Nate the Hate discussion. Really great insights, as always.

Although the "Zelda came and went" and lack of legs discussion was a pretty massive misread. In a time with tons of other big games coming out, Zelda is still selling incredible by all metrics. And it is still dominating online conversation. It still frequently trends for absolutely no reason.

Not a big deal at all, just thought it was weird.

Sorry guys, Nintendo posted a release date trailer for baten kaitos, this means that there won't be a new Nintendo direct soon otherwise they would have put the trailer in the direct no?
The dream is dead

Sorry guys, Nintendo posted a release date trailer for baten kaitos, this means that there won't be a new Nintendo direct soon otherwise they would have put the trailer in the direct no?
The dream is dead

I see your profile picture, and I just want to say I appreciate the commitment to the bit

In my case, it feels like that because the first game had unique battles, and this one is more about exploring the world while the traversal didn’t improve at all, and the battles are now less crafted and interesting than they used to be.
While it took me a bit to get used to the changes from the first one, and while I did miss the uniquely crafted battles for a bit, I enjoyed Sparks of Hope quite a bit more overall than Kingdom Battle, and I think the traversal, which was my main gripe with Kingdom Battle, in Sparks is at least slightly better. In either case, I wish Ubisoft would just drop the sales numbers so we can see exactly what they consider to be underperformance.
If even half the rumored stuff comes to fruition, this will be unquestionably the best Direct ever, right?
Depends on which half 😜

On that note, I think I’ll bow out for now. It seems that more details about this 2D Mario are surfacing, and I’d still like to maintain some surprises, assuming we even see it tomorrow. I plan on livestreaming my reaction and I’d love to see some fami there since no one I know goes as ballistic for these things as you do. I will be back on the forum as soon as the direct ends so we can go crazy about whatever we just saw together. Until then, farewell, and congratulations again to Team June!

I don't know if we'll get 2D Mario DK tomorrow, but we'll probably get one of them, which means the next Sonic will probably come out at the same time as one of them. That's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post-match analysis of leakers and gotchas over who was right to doubt/believe rumours does not need hostility. Please treat other members with kindness.

Back
Top Bottom