• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Microsoft Xbox Discussion |ST|

Does anyone know if you can turn off the startup sound on XSS? It’s much more pleasant than the PS5’s ultra-harsh beep, but if I could turn it off, that would be great.

Does anyone know if you can turn off the startup sound on XSS? It’s much more pleasant than the PS5’s ultra-harsh beep, but if I could turn it off, that would be great.
Should be in volume & output options > additional options unless they changed it again.

Hey guys,

My son has an Xbox Series S, which I can also access, and with Jedi Survivor coming out soon, I’m starting to look into my purchase options for launch.

I’m obviously tied to digital, but is the only way to get the game through the Xbox store or are game download codes available at online stores for cheaper prices?

I’m in Australia for context, and this is the first time I’ve needed to purchase a game, with game pass/ my Nintendo back log.

Any advice would be much appreciated please

Hey guys,

My son has an Xbox Series S, which I can also access, and with Jedi Survivor coming out soon, I’m starting to look into my purchase options for launch.

I’m obviously tied to digital, but is the only way to get the game through the Xbox store or are game download codes available at online stores for cheaper prices?

I’m in Australia for context, and this is the first time I’ve needed to purchase a game, with game pass/ my Nintendo back log.

You can get them at other stores digitally like best buy but whether its cheaper depends on if the store is doing a deal. I don't know how Australia works unfortunately but if you have Gamepass Ultimate you get 10% off all EA games. There is also Microsoft points if you have any that you can convert to gift cards.

I don't know about where to buy games cheaper but I can sugest you something. Have you look into MS Rewards? I'm not sure how much you can gain in Australia but in México I can get enough points to claim 15 dollars monthly.

I feel like the hype of just "Banjo exists" would be so much that the reveal doesn't matter, and the realization of the desire is so strong, plus rumors from last year, not to mention (yes usually irrelevant but) it being the 25th anniversary of BK in June...

That if this June 2023 showcase that's basically E3-But-Not doesn't reveal Banjo (again it very well could be just a logo drop, that's all people need frankly) the bear and bird are just stuck as a legacy thing, they'll return next smash so long as Phil is still at the company and next console probably uses NSO (as does next Xbox gamepass), but actual new content the rise of platformers the smash hype, the only reason I haven't given up hope already is cause last year they went "everything will be out in 12 months" which... failed but at least meant hope, perhaps this had no chance then. But I assume this year they don't do that again so if not even logo drop... I'm just throwing the towel

@Reinhard Schneider this thread is more on-topic for this conversation 😉

I haven’t seen any rumors of Forza coming next month, that’s nuts. Do people think it’ll be a shadow drop at the Xbox event?

I find it kinda hard to believe Microsoft would drop one of their biggest games of the year with no marketing whatsoever.. but then again, HiFi Rush. So I guess it’s possible.

Darn it, I can’t have Forza coming in June! That’s FFXVI month! Do these companies think I have unlimited time for games? 😭

I haven’t seen any rumors of Forza coming next month, that’s nuts. Do people think it’ll be a shadow drop at the Xbox event?

I find it kinda hard to believe Microsoft would drop one of their biggest games of the year with no marketing whatsoever.. but then again, HiFi Rush. So I guess it’s possible.

Darn it, I can’t have Forza coming in June! That’s FFXVI month! Do these companies think I have unlimited time for games? 😭
That’s cause it’s not coming next month. I think most of Xbox Era has resigned themselves to both Starfield and Forza missing that year window with Forza being an Oct or Nov game.

I'm getting Diablo IV next week for sure, but I'm still not sure about day 1 Street Fighter 6 given my time limitations.

It's nice to see solid third party support, including Dragon's Dogma. Final Fantasy XVI and Spiderman 2 are the big misses, but we already knew those were PS5 exclusive.

Chicory is coming to game pass on May 30, BTW.

I don’t have the time to “get good” at fighters anymore. I’ll def cop SFVI when it goes on sale at some point, but I’ll skip the initial launch wave.

In reality fighters are the perfect type of Gamepass game for me.

That’s cause it’s not coming next month. I think most of Xbox Era has resigned themselves to both Starfield and Forza missing that year window with Forza being an Oct or Nov game.
Yeah, i've been looking for the source these days and it was basically an attempt to start a baseless rumor.

I dunno why i fell for it, but sorry for the confusion. Well, i feel better for renewing my PS Plus now, but i wanted new Forza Motorsport :(

Slipping this into Phil's lunchbox on the day of the Showcase
crdq0M0.jpg

Anyone know a good back button accessories for the regular series controller? After using back buttons for the first time in ToTK, I can't go back to ordinary.

Now, I really hope Microsoft realized what they did with this clip. Everyone is rightfully thinking Fable will now be there based on the music and the trail of glitter (which was a big mechanic in Fable).

Part of me is like "yea Fable is gonna be there for sure and Microsoft is hyping us all up for it." But, another part of me is like "I can really see Microsoft being really dumb and oblivious about how this hype did Fable and they never intended it to be there at all."

If this ends up being a nothingburger, the head of Xbox's marketing needs to write a book about how to nosedive a brand over and over.

Last edited:
Would be a nice upgrade over just logos for sure. Mostly interested in AOE4 Xbox getting a date and to see if Forza Motorsport is going to be fun again (5 and before) or awful like 6 and 7.

We know of like a dozen games they're working on of which we've seen little to no gameplay. Games that haven't had updates in years. They're set up for a perfect layup with this show and I hope they don't fumble it.

I've been so into ToTK that I didn't realize this was happening soon. Nice.

Big day today! The Xbox showcase, the Starfield showcase, the Forza date got leaked (Oct 10 allegedly). Here’s hoping Microsoft can pull off a good show!

Today is probably the last chance for Xbox for me. I bought into the promises they said at launch, and with the launch of Halo Infinite. Also owning Bethesda, who made fallout and Skyrim as well. Gamepass was pretty cool at first as well.

But Gamepass has really lost its luster, when in reality, I just buy a single game every 3 months or so and play it through there.

So yeah, I really hope the show is good.

I still don‘t get them literally calling the Starfield presentation a direct. Like it works for the Devolver Direct or the Wholesome Direct because over half of the games shown there end up on Switch anyway. But I still mainly associated the word direct in the context of game presentations with Nintendo, regardless of that I know that Starfield will never come to their console.

But I still mainly associated the word direct in the context of game presentations with Nintendo
The Direct branding is just too ingrained in people’s heads for this sort of thing. One of my friends who games primarily on Playstation calls their Showcases Sony Directs. And honestly I remember Devolver Direct started as a parody of Nintendo Directs, and the name just stuck even after they stopped being parodies.

It's time Phil brings the goods after years of drought. Let's hope starfield's release marks the beginning of new xbox. I hope avowed will be glorious.

It's time Phil brings the goods after years of drought. Let's hope starfield's release marks the beginning of new xbox. I hope avowed will be glorious.

Xbox just released a first party 10/10 action game in January as a shadow drop. They should announce a physical release for it though.

Don't quote me on this, but i think Microsoft may be planning to start a free month trial/offer after the showcase.

My GPUltimate sub ran out this month, and i went to take a look at my account for unrelated reasons and in the subscriptions section it said One month free right under the expired GPU.

I'm looking very hard into this showcase. It MAY make me renew my sub either this month or next one (i almost have enough rewards points for 1 month lol)

I'm flying during the Showcase so I'll look at the announcements later. I hope it'll have some interesting stuff for us non-starfield lovers too

This show was... something. For me personally it was carried by atlus and capcom. Inxile game looked underwhelming and so did Avowed. I'd rather they made pillars of eternity 3 than this cheap looking skyrim wannabe. I hope switch 2 releases before metaphor refantazio, cause i want it in handheld.

Good show, thanks to Bethesda and Atlus.

However, Avowed doesn't look that good? And I don't mean the graphical downgrade, I mean, guns? And it tries to be kinda funny, less dark... I was hoping a serious high fantasy RPG experience, but looks so different from the first trailer. Honestly, I didn't like it.

I’m still crazy amped for Clockwork Revolution, it looks so damn good. Starfield also blew me away, and I’m not a Bethesda guy at all.

Part of me wishes I had the money to get an Xbox and Game Pass, but my backlog is thanking me for holding out. I have too much to play already, I don’t need an entire new library on top of that.

Seems Microsoft is washing their hands of Halo (Infinite). Season 4 comes out next week and they couldn't be bothered to put a trailer in the showcase. Master Chief and Arbiter are coming to Brawhalla but that was only showed at the Ubisoft event and even then, the buzz around it has been pretty muted. How the mighty have fallen.

I wonder how Neon White will play without gyro aiming, but yey I wanted try the game.

Back
Top Bottom