• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Microsoft Xbox Discussion |ST|

...and just like that, 6 games I already planned on buying are 'free' to me lol. Best deal in gaming.

Seriously, I love their indie drops but there's usually a few titles that don't work for me but on this one, 9 out of the 10 games are ones I've been looking forward to in some way or another.

Of the games coming, probably most excited for Another Crab's Treasure, Minneko's Night Market and Little Kitty Big City (which looks like the game I was hoping Stray would be)

Sad noises.

After the previous report about development issues, I figure that the game was at best 2025. This feels more like 2026 right now.

Started Halo 2 Anniversary last night. The game looks good and the updated cutscenes look nice. I forgot how "cinematic" Halo 2 was for its time. The definitely put more focus on the story telling that I don't think has been in the Halo series since.

Started Halo 2 Anniversary last night. The game looks good and the updated cutscenes look nice. I forgot how "cinematic" Halo 2 was for its time. The definitely put more focus on the story telling that I don't think has been in the Halo series since.
Chief? What do you think you’re doing?

Sir, finishing this fight.

Infinite MP is finally worth playing. Been having a blast playing it since they introduced career ranks. Some nice new maps too.

I finally hopped off that train a few years ago.

This was actually my first time back on the COD train in probably 8 years. I figured that it was going to be a two year title so I could just jump back on. Too bad that probably won't be the case.

I'm surprised that whenever I play it, I actually do decent.

Halo 2 Anniversary's cutscenes look soooooooooo fucking good even to this day. Wish they did 3 Anniversary

Speaking of Halo, it looks like Microsoft is hiring again to work on the series. You know, just after laying off a bunch of people from 343 a few months ago...

Decided to show my Series X some attention and sat down to play Gamepass stuff I had installed (GotG, Greedfall, Hitman 3, Monster Hunter Rise etc.).
Gone, gone, gone, gone.
I had no idea how aggressive Gamepass was in deleting stuff :(

I wouldn't call it aggressive. Majority of games are in gamepass for a year. Some are longer and some are for a shorter period of time.

edit: hitman and monster hunter are in gamepass 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I wouldn't call it aggressive. Majority of games are in gamepass for a year. Some are longer and some are for a shorter period of time.

edit: hitman and monster hunter are in gamepass 🤷‍♂️
You're right, I misremembered the games that disappeared, one was Firewatch.

When I look at how many games disappear in a year, it's not what I initially expected.

Still been fine for me with the 3 year trick but as that will no longer work, I doubt I'll renew and just do what I do on Playstation and buy games outright usually when on sale.

Forza Motorsport is really fun! I like the way they approach career mode, and getting XP for both you driver level and your car level satisfies the hell out of my little RPG brain.

Forza is downloaded and ready to go. Probably gonna get a few races in this evening. What a good time to have an Xbox! I’ve been using mine so much lately that I finally bought some rechargeable battery packs for my controllers. No more AAs for me!

Side note - between Starfield and Forza, my Series S is basically full. There’s enough room left over for a couple smaller games, but that’s it. I sure could use that 1TB XSS that got leaked right about now.

Forza is downloaded and ready to go. Probably gonna get a few races in this evening. What a good time to have an Xbox! I’ve been using mine so much lately that I finally bought some rechargeable battery packs for my controllers. No more AAs for me!

Side note - between Starfield and Forza, my Series S is basically full. There’s enough room left over for a couple smaller games, but that’s it. I sure could use that 1TB XSS that got leaked right about now.
I caved and bought a 1TB storage extension when they were on sale. Games are getting ridiculously big in terms of file sizes these days. All my backwards compatible games go on an external SSD.

I probably might have caved and traded in my 500 GB Series S for the new 1TB one, but then the Series X slim leaked and I dropped the thought.

Btw, it has been months since MS announced the Killer Instinct 10th Anniversary update, with more info coming "soon", and yet nothing so far.

Should get something any day now, as the anniversary itself is not far off.

I dunno if Xbox on PC can be talked in this thread, but man, the PC version of Forza is such a disappointment.

My first play was way too unstable because i had forgotten to update my drivers, but even after that, it's not smooth sailing. Races have stable framerate and rock solid frametime, but menus, photo mode and crossing the finish line are a mess. Framerate either tanks or fluctuates wildly. Not even Horizon 3 was so badly optimized.

You know what's the worst of it? I enjoy the gameplay inmensely. Driving model is way more comfortable than Forza 7, contrarily to what i expected i like the leveling system for the cars because it means that you actually have to use them, and despite being annoying at times i find interesting that clean driving is enforced during offline play, that's something that Gran Turismo should do because it's really easy to cheese single player races by ramming the CPU and taking wild shortcuts*.

*i.e. in Gran Turismo i've always, ALWAYS cheesed the corkscrew in Laguna Seca when racing agaisnt the CPU, wich earns me several seconds of advantage, here you get an instant penalty.

I want to buy at least the DLC, but wont do it until they iron the performance. In its current state the most i'm willing to do is pay for GPUltimate.

Storage is a big issue on my Series S as well. RE4 and Forza are ~100GB each. I find myself wanting to finish games just so I can delete them because I'm not shelling out the money for a storage expansion lol.

I dunno if Xbox on PC can be talked in this thread, but man, the PC version of Forza is such a disappointment.

My first play was way too unstable because i had forgotten to update my drivers, but even after that, it's not smooth sailing. Races have stable framerate and rock solid frametime, but menus, photo mode and crossing the finish line are a mess. Framerate either tanks or fluctuates wildly. Not even Horizon 3 was so badly optimized.

You know what's the worst of it? I enjoy the gameplay inmensely. Driving model is way more comfortable than Forza 7, contrarily to what i expected i like the leveling system for the cars because it means that you actually have to use them, and despite being annoying at times i find interesting that clean driving is enforced during offline play, that's something that Gran Turismo should do because it's really easy to cheese single player races by ramming the CPU and taking wild shortcuts*.

*i.e. in Gran Turismo i've always, ALWAYS cheesed the corkscrew in Laguna Seca when racing agaisnt the CPU, wich earns me several seconds of advantage, here you get an instant penalty.

I want to buy at least the DLC, but wont do it until they iron the performance. In its current state the most i'm willing to do is pay for GPUltimate.
oh yeah shortcutting in GT7 is so easy. The chicanes at Le Mans just didn’t exist for me whenever I raced there 🙃

oh yeah shortcutting in GT7 is so easy. The chicanes at Le Mans just didn’t exist for me whenever I raced there 🙃
In every single GT. I was dumbfounded when i bought GTSport after a whole generación without playing the series (didnt get a PS3, so my last GT was 4) and the online subjected you to a set of rules that wasnt enforced at all in single player.

Last edited:
I'm still pretty early - only a few hours in and two series completed in the builders cup, but my impressions so far are largely positive. The driving feels amazing, honestly. And the racing has been very fun. I have the difficulty set to 4, which seems a bit easy so I think I'll try pushing it up to 5. I actually really like being able to choose where you start on the grid. And the penalty system, while seemingly pretty arbitrary in its decision making, does force you to try your best to drive smart and make clean overtakes. It makes for a fun and exciting experience racing AI, which is pretty unusual. The game feels pretty sterile, though. GT is often seen as being the overly-serious and pretentious console sim, but GT7 had personality and charm. FM23 has none of that and it feels a bit lacking as a result. I do like the complete lack of music during races, though.

I'm excited to keep playing. It kept me from playing Starfield tonight which is saying something.

Seems like FM fans like it, but it I regret buying the upgrade. Not as terrible as FM7, but really feels soulless right now. Hope yall enjoy it. I'll go back to my Pillars 2 Deadfire save on Xbox.

Seems like FM fans like it, but it I regret buying the upgrade. Not as terrible as FM7, but really feels soulless right now. Hope yall enjoy it. I'll go back to my Pillars 2 Deadfire save on Xbox.
Well, i'm a Racing fan in general - at a casual level - and indeed, in some aspects the game feels soul-less, what has made me fall in love with the game is the driving model, wich i find leagues better than Forza 7's

Btw, experiencing a login glitch right now and i don't know if it's the Xbox app or the game's fault, but i'm locked out of it at the moment. It started after the lastest app update.

So frustrating.

Official approval by the CMA, so the deal could be finalised any minute now and people online can finally move on from the MS/ABK-centric discourse.

Right? Right?

From the MS/ABK-centric discourse yeah, but i think there's still a discussion to be had about the whole gargantuan acquisition thing.

The driving in Forza is sublime. It’s seriously impressive. I haven’t played GT7 in a while so it’s tough to compare, but I am really enjoying Forza.
I don't have GT7 to compare, but this is the best feeling driving game I've ever played! Sort of blown away by how tactile a feeling you get from just a regular controller. Makes me wish I had a wheel and pedals 😜

Playing some more Forza right now, just continually impressed with it. I think it's easy to overlook games like this in GOTY because of their commitment to realism, and the inherent lack of excitement in that, but Turn 10 have really knocked it out of the park here. My latest fixation: the amazing glare and reflections during night races:
fTSRNDp.gif

I do the majority of my gaming in the basement at my computer desk, and use remote play for my consoles. Since remote play on Xbox is such butts, I’m considering moving my XSS downstairs and hooking it up to my monitor. Only issue with that is the monitor doesn’t have speakers. I’ve got a set of bluetooth speakers that I use for my computer though. Is there a way to get sound from the Xbox out of those bluetooth speakers?

I do the majority of my gaming in the basement at my computer desk, and use remote play for my consoles. Since remote play on Xbox is such butts, I’m considering moving my XSS downstairs and hooking it up to my monitor. Only issue with that is the monitor doesn’t have speakers. I’ve got a set of bluetooth speakers that I use for my computer though. Is there a way to get sound from the Xbox out of those bluetooth speakers?

AFAIK, they should just as easily connect as a Bluetooth headset.

I missed this thread for a while. I've been playing Age of Empires IV on and off on Xbox and I'm mad that they didn't bring the awesome controller support to the Steam version. This Xbox release is so good.

Lmao. OK, well, at least I'm not missing out! I wonder why that is though...seems very much like something they'd get right.

The most I did was buy the Hori controller for Ace Combat 7 and I thought it was much haha. Wheels take up too much space for me to bother.

Back
Top Bottom