• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 coming to PC and consoles on October 24th (out now!)

This collection seems like a great get on PC in 3 years once the community fixes it. 1080p max on all games and 30fps on MGS is inexcusable. The bar was in the ground and they still only managed to barely meet it.

The games apparently run at 720p upscaled on all platforms, actually.

The games apparently run at 720p upscaled on all platforms, actually.
Seems to be the case, though of course there are already emerging PC mods to change this.

I loved what I saw of the extras presented, the screenplays are indeed very cool to look at- and I’ve never played MGS3 in 60fps before as I didn’t have a PS3, so that in itself is really fun.

Is anyone playing MGS1 on Switch? Does it feature the bilinear smoothing as well, or is it run at a native ish presentation?

Is anyone actually surprised Konami shoved this mess out the door? From the Switch cart being essentially worthless to not even having mouse support on PC, this collection top to bottom is a joke.

Is anyone actually surprised Konami shoved this mess out the door? From the Switch cart being essentially worthless to not even having mouse support on PC, this collection top to bottom is a joke.
The Contra Classic Collection, Konami Arcade Classic Collection, Castlevania Classic Collection, and Castlevania Advance Collection were all fantastic. I don’t think anyone actually paying attention had any reason to think these would be half-assed.

The Contra Classic Collection, Konami Arcade Classic Collection, Castlevania Classic Collection, and Castlevania Advance Collection were all fantastic. I don’t think anyone actually paying attention had any reason to think these would be half-assed.
It really is a shame. I think Silent Hill HD Collection is still in people’s minds, but Konami’s batting average is pretty dang good overall. Shame these didn’t get the proper care. I’ll stick with Xbox BC for 2&3, but maybe I’ll get MGS1 on Switch still.

I think several of those were done by M2 which I don't think this one was

Although true, they were not great at the start since the western releases didn’t get the Japanese versions or button mapping. Had to patch things like the better arcade versions, Castlevania 3 audio, and button mapping later on.

Although true, they were not great at the start since the western releases didn’t get the Japanese versions or button mapping. Had to patch things like the better arcade versions, Castlevania 3 audio, and button mapping later on.
Right! I didn’t get to them until way later.

Gives me hope for patches and fixes!

You’re comparing 2d games to 3d, 3d Games that have already been remastered and perform better than this current collection. Apples to oranges.

You’re comparing 2d games to 3d, 3d Games that have already been remastered and perform better than this current collection. Apples to oranges.
I’m comparing a classic collection from Konami to classic collections from Konami. They put in the effort to make sure those were good and definitive. I had zero reason to think they wouldn’t put in more effort here.

Oof 22fps on Switch for MGS2/3. That's rough. Only Pokemon can get away with that.

With a hacked Switch it can run better. Not perfect but anything is better than Konamis low budget port.

If Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater turns out well (assuming it will with Virtuos on board), then I hope they're gonna work backwards giving the other two a similar treatment. They deserve better.

If you downloaded all the optional languages within the games menu. You can't download the games without them.

There is an option to download games without DLC. In the eShop settings in the redownload section. Holding (L) while starting a download downloads only the base game, without any DLC. But the optional languages are not listed anywhere on the eShop. They are only available while in the games download menu. My only option is to update the software and this redownloads ALL DLC... Fuck you Konami...

This is the week my diamond dogs- the week Konami lifts their awful bilinear filter from MGS1 and promises to address analog control support in a forthcoming patch.

iu

E: nvm, clearly I wasn't paying attention to the last couple of days

If there's an ST for the game, I can't find it.

PC patch notes, coming to Switch and other consoles January 2024

Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 Version 1.4.0. Patch Notes

Added new screen setting features
  • Added the following features
  • The settings for each of these features can be changed both before and during gameplay
(1) Smoothing
  • Can be turned on or off
  • Smooths the picture when turned on, generates a sharp picture when turned off
(2) Game Screen Settings
  • Can be set to standard, pixel perfect, or 16:9
  • The Steam version of the game also features a full screen feature
  • Wallpaper, display area, and screen filter features are also available when using the standard or pixel perfect features
  • The aspect ration displayed may differ based on the settings or particulars of your device/setup
(3) Screen Filter
  • Can be turned on or off
  • Applies a filter that displays scanlines like those on a CRT TV when turned on
Added an audio settings feature
  • Settings for the game volume and main menu volume can be changed prior to play
  • Only the game volume can be changed during play
Added a controller response speed customisation feature on Steam
  • Can choose between fast and stable
  • Some setups may experience unstable performance when set to fast
  • If you experience any such issues, please change your settings to stable
Applied a fix to have the game give priority to user set designs on Steam

Fixed some other minor issues
  • Settings for the game volume and main menu volume can be changed prior to play
Added a window mode on Steam
  • Added the ability to change the game to a window mode prior to play
  • This feature can be turned on or off by press Alt + Enter on the keyboard
Applied a fix to have the game give priority to user set button designs on Steam

Fixed an issue where the last pointer would not be displayed during specific cutscenes

Fixed an issue where the sea lice would not be properly displayed during certain cutscenes

Applied a fix to have the game give priority to user set button designs

Fixed an issue where certain face paints are displayed at a lower resolution

Applied fix to have the game give priority to user set button designs on Steam

In conclusion, this should have had another three months in the oven but they wanted holiday sales. I'll continue to wait for the 70% sale instead of this paltry 30% Konami, and I hope others continue to do the same because it won't be until then that the games are fixed in a viable state.

At the very least I look forward to the DF Tech Analysis review for consoles

Great... i wanted to finally start playing with the upcomeing 1.5 patch and finally true analog support for MGS 1... but if they add more fixes, i will wait.

I really hope they improve Switch performance, there is no reason why MGS 2/3 can't hit 60 FPS.

But for once it is nice that they talk about what went wrong. I hope they don't repeat this with Vol. 2+.

Back
Top Bottom