• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 coming to PC and consoles on October 24th (out now!)

If they do port 4 (which I’d love!) I wonder if they straight up cut any of the PS3 jokes (”This is a Playstation 3! No need to swap discs!”) or if they or do they go the extra mile to re-record the voice actor saying something like (“This is a modern console! No need to swap discs!”)

IGN thinks it's MGS4+MGS5+MGS PW and they think it'll come to Switch too. MGS5 was basically a PS3 game, that wouldn't be hard. But it would be surprising to skip Metal Gear Rising, as the VA teased the port earlier this year. AND Platinum had a birthday celebration for it.

Makes me wonder which one will come first. MGS Vol 2, Castlevania DS or PS2 collection or Suikoden 3-4-5? Personally I want complete Suikoden series on my Switch asap.

IGN thinks it's MGS4+MGS5+MGS PW and they think it'll come to Switch too. MGS5 was basically a PS3 game, that wouldn't be hard. But it would be surprising to skip Metal Gear Rising, as the VA teased the port earlier this year. AND Platinum had a birthday celebration for it.

They can do a Vol. 3 with all the spin-off games:

Metal Gear: Ghost Babel
Metal Gear Acid/Metal Gear Acid 2
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

And if god exists, they will burn Metal Gear Survive and not include it...

Trying to reconcile this information with the Jez Corden rumor maybe what he/his sources got wrong is the order in which the titles would be rereleased, as in Vol. 2 is 4+5+Peace Walker whereas portable spin-offs+Rising is actually Vol. 3.
Makes me wonder which one will come first. MGS Vol 2, Castlevania DS or PS2 collection or Suikoden 3-4-5? Personally I want complete Suikoden series on my Switch asap.
I think we're due another Castlevania collection soon since the Advance Collection was released almost two years ago and there was a two year gap between Anniversary and Advance, but who knows.

Going by schedules alone, I'd say that another Castlevania collection would be next. MGS Vol. 2 will probably take longer to get out than Vol. 1, and I'd imagine that Konami is going to wait for the first Suikoden collection to release in order to properly gauge interest for 3-5.

I’m sorry everyone, Konami first needs to release the PSP shmup collections all in on package but also include Gradius V. Who wouldn’t want Sexy Parodius on Switch?

Plus the WiiWare rebirth games in a collection.

Then go ham on volumes 2/3 for other collections.

Who wouldn’t want Sexy Parodius on Switch?
MY BROTHER

I WOULD LIKE TO CUTE THEM UP

honestly I just want Konami to spend the next handful of years reminding those who might have forgotten or never knew why exactly Konami was so beloved in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s. Re-release all of the classics. Give us a Parodius collection. More Castlevania collections. Metal Gear collections. Make my gosh darned dreams come true and give me a Tokimeki Memorial collection. Dig out the Hudson catalog. Throw PC-Engine/TurboGrafx games onto NSO. Go absolutely bonkers.

Go bonkers, Konami! Go bonkers! Return to your former glory.

Last edited:
MY BROTHER

I WOULD LIKE TO CUTE THEM UP

honestly I just want Konami to spend the next handful of years reminding those who might have forgotten or never knew why exactly Konami was so beloved in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s. Re-release all of the classics. Give us a Parodius collection. More Castlevania collections. Metal Gear collections. Make my gosh darned dreams come true and give me a Tokimeki Memorial collection. Dig out the Hudson catalog. Throw PC-Engine/TurboGrafx games onto NSO. Go absolutely bonkers.

Go bonkers, Konami! Go bonkers! Return to your former glory.

I know we’ve said it a million times, but TG-16/PCE NSO expansion pack is a no brainer for both parties involved. Who wouldn’t want 5 player online Bomberman ‘94? Plus these were already emulated by M2. I imagine the transition can't be too difficult. Plus you can market the dozen of Japan exclusive releases since it’s region free. You released necromancer untranslated on Wii U gosh darn it! Put this stuff out that will sell in the west even remotely at least!

I know we’ve said it a million times, but TG-16/PCE NSO expansion pack is a no brainer for both parties involved. Who wouldn’t want 5 player online Bomberman ‘94? Plus these were already emulated by M2. I imagine the transition can't be too difficult. Plus you can market the dozen of Japan exclusive releases since it’s region free. You released necromancer untranslated on Wii U gosh darn it! Put this stuff out that will sell in the west even remotely at least!
these bozos at Konami are sitting on RONDO of gosh darned BLOOD and I can’t play it on THAT THERE NINTENDO SWITCH????

Consider yourself lucky, it's awful.

Oh.
Ah, come now. It ain't that bad. Is it the worst Metal Gear Solid? If you exclude Portable Ops and Peace Walker, then sure! It's still a good time with some amazing cathartic moments for people who have hung with the series for its duration.

Want to experience it for myself :p

I dig MGS, Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater and the Phantom Pain for different reasons. I know people are divided on MGS 4, but I'll see for myself :--)

MGS1 is my favorite game of all time, but even with all of the other stuff added on, 60 dollars is a bit of a steep price for this collection. Even with the caveat that you can buy them individually, I might wait for a sale. Glad others will get to experience this series for the first time though, hopefully MGS4 can be freed from PS3 jail.

Need to know if will have motion controls (MGS 2 and 3) and crouch walking in MGS3 version.
I'm not expecting crouch walking, these seem like straight ports of the HD remasters. Hope I'm wrong though!

MGS4 is weird in that when I first played it, I absolutely loved it, but as time went on and with subsequent replays I gradually began to dislike it more and more. There are a couple hype moments that I still love, but I’d rather not replay it again anytime soon
Need to know if will have motion controls (MGS 2 and 3) and crouch walking in MGS3 version.
I’m almost positive these are straight ports of the HD Collection versions. I feel like modders could eventually find a way to implement crouch walking at least on the PC version though

It would not surprise me if in the Vol 3 they will put Twin Snakes

Is the best way tp release it, with the spin off and marketed as alternate take to MGS

Is what a Volume 3 need for sales

of course of Nintendo allow it, or they want a Batken Kaitos kind ofdeal

In my mind the ideal order would be vol. 2 containing all of the spin offs and Peace Walker, then Vol. 3 having 4 - V:GZ - V:pP, and Twin Snakes, but both volumes being announced at the same time for release around nine months apart. Otherwise I dread to think of the concern trolling that there won't be a vol. 3.

And honestly, besides Twin Snakes' inclusion, I don't think that's an unlikely scenario. I figure Konami will want Peace Walker to go with the spinoffs just so they can say there's something canon/mainline in the volume, and to keep it together with the other PSP games. Having just four and five make up the last volume might seem underwhelming after previous collections have more games than that, but they're the biggest productions of the bunch and V is two games, so between that and the hype for MGS4 being freed from it's prison Cell I doubt anyone would care.

• Does anyone know what is meant by 'volume 1'?
  • Are these the HD remasters?

Also mildly fuming that this is somehow four months away.
-There will be a volume 2 with other games in the saga
-MGS2 and MGS3 are the HD versions, the rest are new versions.

• Does anyone know what is meant by 'volume 1'?
  • Are these the HD remasters?

Also mildly fuming that this is somehow four months away.

Volume 1 means that this very likely won't be the only collection. As to which direction Konami will go with with volume 2 is anyone's guess. They could just do spin offs like Portable Ops and the Acid games, or they could give us IV, V, and Peace Walker.

Yes, I believe that they are HD remasters.

And yes, I want this now lol. October is stacked.

What i think vol.2 will include:

• Portable Ops (not really canon at this point, but Konami won't care)
  • Peace Walker
  • Rising
  • no MGS4 but they will include that encyclopedia app that was released on PS3 back when 4 launched

Switch release of Ground Zeroes + V sold separately. I would love to see the Acid games re-released, but i don't think they will bother.

I'll get MSG2 because I currently have no other way of playing it.

But stuff like this makes me frustrated some absolutely awesome videogame franchises like Castlevania and Metal Gear are held by this awful current day Konami.

I'll stick with backwards compatibilty on Xbox for MGS2+3, and then maybe MGS1 can be bought separately if the price is right.

Interesting part of that Nintendolife video is the tidbit that he played other games that he couldn’t mention yet, something new planned for Gamescom perhaps?

Ports of ports rarely turn out well. Not saying of course that the developers didn't try, but a decrease in quality is expected under such circumstances, especially if it's handled by other people (i.e. not Bluepoint Games).

Fixed OG resolution for MGS1 as well? Imagine that on handheld mode lol.

Trying to read the item/weapon wheel in MGS1 like:

ken-jeong-community.gif

Last edited:
Well at least with the PC version the modding community will try and "fix" this release.

A game that did 60fps on PS2 getting frame rate halved on Switch is ridiculous lol.

If they're like this with PS1 and PS2 games, I am curious to think what Vol. 2 will bring...

MGS2/3 already ran 60fps on Xbox 360, PS3 and, literally the same hardware, Nvidia Shield TV. That 30fps cap is mindbending.
Looks like the 30fps cap is because they are using the Psvita version for the new rerelease on all platforms.

Thats explain the 2012 copyright instead of 2011

I foresee no second analog stick support in Peace Walker and Portable Ops, time to bring back The Claw everyone!

Looks like they've removed audio for different button prompts instead of getting the VAs in to record new lines for the button prompts.

I really liked the Contra collection, so I was expecting a bit more from this MGS collection. This sucks.

That's the mind boggling thing about this whole thing for me, their other collections have been great so far.

Looks like the 30fps cap is because they are using the Psvita version for the new rerelease on all platforms.

Thats explain the 2012 copyright instead of 2011
If they used those it'd be 480p though (lol).

Apparently all versions have the 2012 copyrights too.

Back
Top Bottom