• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Ok so we have new activity! New tracks- 1, Tour- 3, Wii- 2, GCN- 1, GBA- 1

Remaining Tracks/slots:
SNES: 1
N64: RIP
GCN: 2 (the original Waluigi Stadium slot wasn't replaced with another GCN track)
GBA: RIP
DS: RIP
Wii: RIP
3DS: RIP
Tour: 2
New Tracks: 3

So it looks like the Wii is finished unless it takes one of the GCN slots? Rip Rainbow Road Wii if true :(

Wii replaced one of the Gamecube game slots, they surely weren't planning on ending the entire BCP on moonview highway, which would be the only way the changes could have gone otherwise :unsure:

Interesting. It looks like they altered Vancouver Velocity to have a new section between the park and the Stadium. It used to just be a glider section before.

It took up the GCN slot. Otherwise, Moonview Highway would have ended the entire BCP and that makes no sense.
Wii replaced one of the Gamecube game slots, they surely weren't planning on ending the entire BCP on moonview highway, which would be the only way the changes could have gone otherwise :unsure:
The ordering of the tracks in each cup has been shifted around versus what's been leaked. There's no more reason to believe they'd end on a Wii course versus any other

We've already seen a Wii track take a GCN slot that wasn't returned. I wonder if lightning will strike twice.

The ordering of the tracks in each cup has been shifted around versus what's been leaked. There's no more reason to believe they'd end on a Wii course versus any other
There’s no fitting track to end the BCP besides Wii Rainbow Road though. Even without the datamines, it’d be far and away the frontrunner for that final slot. There are no other Rainbow Roads in Tour, nor are there any seemingly planned.

They would’ve saved 3DS Rainbow Road if that was the only one they’d be adding.

Seems significantly weaker than the past two waves to me. 3 Tour tracks is too many - they are the weakest MK tracks ever, imo - the only ones where I have ever had the issue of making a wrong turn due to poor track "readability". That said, the videos make LA and Athens looks pretty interesting - it's racing in city streets that doesn't suit MK, so the less of that the better.

Never been a fan of Daisy Cruiser. Koopa Cape and Squeaky Clean Sprint will be the highlight for me.

I do expect the Yoshi's Island track to remain the highlight of the whole booster pass, though. Incredible job they did there.

But I'm not even done with Zelda yet :(

LA Laps, Daisy Cruiser and Koopa Cape look gorgeous. Athens looks like trash, though.

The new remixes for the track themes are giving me life, LA especially is so good.

Announcement today and release next week? There goes the Switch 2 announcement! xD

Crikey it's nuts how much heavy lifting the music does for these tracks. The reveal trailer has that awful Wii music and feels inconsequential as a result, but the individual videos with the correct music - and the rest of them all sounds like jams - look delish.
They really used the Wii music in today’s trailer? That’s super weird. A first for the BCP trailers isn’t it?

The only way I see Wii Rainbow Road being cut is if they swapped it out for GCN Rainbow Road but it's not likely to be added to Tour at this point.

There’s no fitting track to end the BCP besides Wii Rainbow Road though. Even without the datamines, it’d be far and away the frontrunner for that final slot. There are no other Rainbow Roads in Tour, nor are there any seemingly planned.

They would’ve saved 3DS Rainbow Road if that was the only one they’d be adding.
They end most of these cups on new courses or Tour courses. Many people usually like those for some reason. Very easy for them to do that again

They end most of these cups on new courses or Tour courses. Many people usually like those for some reason. Very easy for them to do that again
They very deliberately made the choice to not do that in Wave 3 though, putting Merry Mountain before Rainbow Road.

I just can’t imagine they’ll pass over one of the most iconic Mario Kart tracks ever, and a year old datamine doesn’t really change my mind on that.

The nerf to LA Laps' song is real, hopefully the singing is still there somewhere in the song... Maybe it kicks in when going through the city/baseball stadium? I got a bad feeling that we are experiencing Berlin Byways 2 with this soundtrack change unfortunately.

Just waking up here on the west coast....and DAMN I missed some excitement haha. This wave looks STACKED. Are we still thinking Bowser Castle 3 makes it in Wave 6? That's the one course I'm kinda missing from this wave. The rest look amazing!

The new MobDK course looks really cool too! Nice to have that mystery solved.

Moonview Highway in MK Wii gets insanely hectic between all the boost panels and traffic. Great choice for a dlc retro.

I know it's a dumb-ish complaint but... there's starting to just be too many tracks. Watching this trailer they're all just starting to feel homogenous, even the new ones. Definitely ready for a whole new Mario Kart game.

Also why do I feel like Funky is more likely than Diddy now.

Nintendo has shown off the game a character is originally from in the MK series when revealing characters.

Double Dash - 2 (Petey, Birdo)
7 - 1 (Wiggler)
Tour - 1 (Kamek)

I have a feeling they want to throw Wii a bone when they’re presenting them like this

I know it's a dumb-ish complaint but... there's starting to just be too many tracks. Watching this trailer they're all just starting to feel homogenous, even the new ones. Definitely ready for a whole new Mario Kart game.
....this wouldn't change in a new game though? It's still going to be similar tracks and similar themes, with maybe a new mechanic.

Also why do I feel like Funky is more likely than Diddy now.

Nintendo has shown off the game a character is originally from in the MK series when revealing characters.

Double Dash - 2 (Petey, Birdo)
7 - 1 (Wiggler)
Tour - 1 (Kamek)

I have a feeling they want to throw Wii a bone when they’re presenting them like this, and with Diddy, DD would have 3.

I guess this also makes ROB likely to rep DS lol, or DK Jr for SNES

Let's go Daisy Cruiser!

On a whole this wave looks a lot better than wave 4, in which I found Bangkok and Amsterdam to be a bit middling.

So, uh, why is everyone saying that Wii Moonview Highway took the place of a GCN course? Considering that a GCN course was already expected for Wave 5 from the datamine, and we’re getting GCN Daisy Cruiser in Wave 5, wouldn’t it make more sense for it to have taken the place of the last SNES course instead, since there’s no SNES course in Wave 5 after all despite there being one in the datamine?

So you want the next Mario Kart to be what? Some kind of Burnout Paradise open world game? Otherwise your complaint is nonsense as the next game will also market new tracks.

So, uh, why is everyone saying that Wii Moonview Highway took the place of a GCN course? Considering that a GCN course was already expected for Wave 5 from the datamine, and we’re getting GCN Daisy Cruiser in Wave 5, wouldn’t it make more sense for it to have taken the place of the last SNES course instead, since there’s no SNES course in Wave 5 after all despite there being one in the datamine?
I was thinking the same. It could go either way but we don’t really have strong evidence of one over the other no?

We mean according to the prefix leak. There was only supposed to be two Wii tracks left, but there appears to be three now. We also know that a GCN course was moved from Wave 3 and replaced with Maple Treeway.

Quoted by: Tye

Not necessarily Moonview Highway, but based on past datamines, GCN was supposed to have another slot by now that was taken, but another Wii track was apparently added. I tracked it in an earlier post.

At this point, we are supposedly due for 1 SNES, 2 GCN, 2 Tour, and 3 new/unknown tracks in the final wave

Definitely curious how Nintendo will present Wave 6. It’ll definitely be the least “celebration of past games!” considering 5/8 courses will be from Tour or the non-city “brand new but we’re hiding that they’re from Tour for some reason”

But Wii Rainbow Road will definitely carry a lot of hype. If that final mystery new track is also a stunner like Yoshi’s Island then I can see the wave being really exciting

Does Tour have it's own Rainbow Road? Is it possible people have massively misread the tea leaves and the final track will be Tour's Rainbow Road? Perhaps we do get another GC track in the next pack and the prefix's never changed just got reordered.

Even if the Wii doesn't get a slot in the final wave, it already has 9 original tracks represented in the game now. It has gotten a lot of love in the DLC alone.

Does Tour have it's own Rainbow Road? Is it possible people have massively misread the tea leaves and the final track will be Tour's Rainbow Road? Perhaps we do get another GC track in the next pack and the prefix's never changed just got reordered.
It doesn’t have its own, and Wii wasn’t just in the last wave, it was specifically the final course of the BCP overall in the prefix leak

Kind of, not really? Apparently there are a couple of "remix" tracks that blend old rainbow road tracks with a little new flavor.

It doesn’t have its own, and Wii wasn’t just in the last wave, it was specifically the final course of the BCP overall in the prefix leak

Yea, but all of the Wii prefix slots from the leak have been used up, and then some. Those prefixes have definitely shifted around.

Tough to imagine we only get one SNES track, especially when Bowser’s Castle 3 in Tour got a significant remake that’s much more ambitious than the typical SNES track.

Add in that the 4th GCN track would have to be Mushroom Bridge (which is probably ruled out now that we have Moonview Highway) and it’s a tough sell for a 4th GCN track, unless Tour track development continues for a while which seems fairly unlikely.

I think a lot of people assumed Wii replaced GCN and that we’re still getting Wii RR.
Correct, it made a lot of sense when we assumed Wii ended the BCP. I think our assumption was wrong, and that the original prefix order was placeholder. I wouldn't be surprised if the tracks they chose never changed, but the order of tracks was changed based upon timing of tracks being finished and/or to try and have the cups have good balance and pacing track wise.

We mean according to the prefix leak. There was only supposed to be two Wii tracks left, but there appears to be three now. We also know that a GCN course was moved from Wave 3 and replaced with Maple Treeway.
Not necessarily Moonview Highway, but based on past datamines, GCN was supposed to have another slot by now that was taken, but another Wii track was apparently added. I tracked it in an earlier post.

At this point, we are supposedly due for 1 SNES, 2 GCN, 2 Tour, and 3 new/unknown tracks in the final wave
Yes, I’m talking about this same datamine too. I’m not sure what the mix up with Wii Maple Treeway and GCN Waluigi Stadium has to do with it, because we still got the same number of expected Wii and GCN courses, just in a different order, no? It’s only with Wii Moonview Highway that there’s now an extra unexpected Wii course popping up, and while it’s certainly possible that the last SNES course is being moved to Wave 6, the fact that an SNES course was supposed to be in Wave 5 from the prefix datamine but clearly isn’t now makes me think that that should at least be being considered as the course that was replaced by this extra Wii course, since I doubt they would have replaced Wii Rainbow Road with Wii Moonview Highway.

Correct, it made a lot of sense when we assumed Wii ended the BCP. I think our assumption was wrong, and that the original prefix order was placeholder. I wouldn't be surprised if the tracks they chose never changed, but the order of tracks was changed based upon timing of tracks being finished and/or to try and have the cups have good balance and pacing track wise.

The order has definitely changed. We have seen the Tour tracks move around between cups, Maple Treeway was supposed to be wave 6, wave five was supposed to have an SNES track, and Waluigi Stadium came out one wave later.

We have wild cards all over the place now!

Yes, I’m talking about this same datamine too. I’m not sure what the mix up with Wii Maple Treeway and GCN Waluigi Stadium has to do with it, because we still got the same number of expected Wii and GCN courses, just in a different order, no? It’s only with Wii Moonview Highway that there’s now an extra unexpected Wii course popping up, and while it’s certainly possible that the last SNES course is being moved to Wave 6, the fact that an SNES course was supposed to be in Wave 5 from the prefix datamine but clearly isn’t now makes me think that that should at least be being considered as the course that was replaced by this extra Wii course, since I doubt they would have replaced Wii Rainbow Road with Wii Moonview Highway.
This datamine had five Wii Tracks and we are already at six with the Wave 5 announcements.

GCN filling all 4 of its prefix slots in the BCP just isn't happening now. It's clear that a GCN prefix was lost from the initial Wave 1 prefix count we had, likely around the time there was the Wave 3 shuffle of replacing GCN Waluigi Stadium with Wii Maple Treeway.

Tour is done getting new Gamecube courses so the only options left for Wave 6 are Dino Dino Jungle, DK Mountain, and Mushroom Bridge. I can't see the first two together in the same Wave being both GCN jungle themed tracks with the same music even, and Mushroom Bridge makes no sense when it's an incredibly basic traffic gimmick track and we've gotten more difficult ones in earlier waves like Shroom Ridge and especially now Moonview Highway.

This datamine had five Wii Tracks and we are already at six with the Wave 5 announcements.
Yes, I know, I’m literally saying that as well?? I’m not sure what’s being misinterpreted here, lol. I’m not questioning an extra Wii course being added, I’m questioning why people are assuming it replaced a GCN course when, based on the datamine, it seems there may be more reason to believe the last SNES course was replaced instead.

Back
Top Bottom