• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
These are both great points, especially the latter. I will cackle if Wave 6 has both Wii RR and Dry Dry Ruins or Daisy Circuit. Or hell, why not all three!?

I feel so fortunate as someone whose favorite game is MKW. That was the game I grew up on, and I've played it ten times more than all the other Mario Karts combined. I would be happy to see every single track back except Luigi Circuit.
I really doubt there’s a Tour exclusive Rainbow Road, mostly because it’d fly in the face of the naming conventions already established. There’s be two “nitro” Rainbow Roads, that’s not gonna happen.

Unless the upcoming Tour update changed the IDs or datamined objects, I see no reason to doubt Wii Rainbow Road as the final track. Especially with how hard Wii has been pushed in the BCP.
Yup, I highly doubt they are axing Wii Rainbow Road. It's such an obvious fan favourite, it's in Tour, and the prefix leak suggested a Wii track in the final slot.

So at the end of this, what will be the tour retros that DONT make the cut? Dry Dry Ruins, Mushroom Bridge, a bunch of SNES tracks and what else?

So at the end of this, what will be the tour retros that DONT make the cut? Dry Dry Ruins, Mushroom Bridge, a bunch of SNES tracks and what else?
Daisy Circuit, Yoshi Desert, Luigi Circuit, Peach Circuit, Airship Fortress, Luigi's Mansion, 3DS Bowser Castle, Shy Guy Bazaar, Wario's Shipyard, Rosalina Ice World, either GCN Dino Dino Jungle or DK Mountain....there's A LOT haha

SNES:
Vanilla Lake
Ghost Valley
Choco Island
Koopa Beach

N64:
Luigi Raceway
Koopa Troopa Beach
Frappe Snowland
Mario Raceway

GBA:
Peach Circuit
Bowser's Castle 1, 2, 3, & 4
Luigi Circuit
Cheep Cheep Island
Yoshi Desert

GCN:
Mushroom Bridge
Dino Dino Jungle

DS:
Luigi's Mansion
DK Pass
Airship Fortress

Wii:
Daisy Circuit
Dry Dry Ruins

3DS:
Daisy Hills
Cheep Cheep Lagoon
Shy Guy Bazaar
Mario Circuit
Wario Shipyard
Rosalina's Ice World
Bowser's Castle

The last track in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is going to be Miyamoto's house that he filmed when playing Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit.

SNES:
Vanilla Lake
Ghost Valley
Choco Island
Koopa Beach

N64:
Luigi Raceway
Koopa Troopa Beach
Frappe Snowland
Mario Raceway

GBA:
Peach Circuit
Bowser's Castle 1, 2, 3, & 4
Luigi Circuit
Cheep Cheep Island
Yoshi Desert

GCN:
Mushroom Bridge
Dino Dino Jungle

DS:
Luigi's Mansion
DK Pass
Airship Fortress

Wii:
Daisy Circuit
Dry Dry Ruins

3DS:
Daisy Hills
Cheep Cheep Lagoon
Shy Guy Bazaar
Mario Circuit
Wario Shipyard
Rosalina's Ice World
Bowser's Castle
27 tracks (30 with the bowser castles)

Add 2-5 Tracks (depending on if they would actually give us all those bowser castles which I doubt) and they could make 4 more waves out of this.

Which would fit with they have started saying the Booster pass is waves 1-6 after the fact.
10 waves sounds like a nice number.

27 tracks (30 with the bowser castles)

Add 2-5 Tracks (depending on if they would actually give us all those bowser castles which I doubt) and they could make 4 more waves out of this.

Which would fit with they have started saying the Booster pass is waves 1-6 after the fact.
10 waves sounds like a nice number.
If Nintendo plans on eventually bringing all retro courses to Tour there will easily be enough for 2 more entire booster course passes (assuming only 26 retro courses are needed per booster course pass).

Looking a bit more in-depth at the Tour track videos, I think I have a general idea as to what the routes are.
  • Athens is pretty much exactly what we had figured out a while ago, as you can see the section line right away in the video. Athens Dash 1 -> Athens Dash 3 -> Athens Dash 2, with the second lap reversing everyone's direction for the final lap.
  • Los Angeles seems to be the same general order as Athens: Los Angeles Laps 1 -> Los Angeles Laps 3 -> Los Angeles Laps 2. You can see the section line for LAL3, and everyone is approaching that section from the beach (LAL1) so the rest of the order falls into place. It's not impossible that the order is actually LAL2 -> LAL1 -> LAL3, as we never see where the starting line is, but I'm guessing we start on the boardwalk. Would also explain why they added the gliding section to LAL2, to spice up what would otherwise be a rather weak final lap.
  • Vancouver is the hardest to figure out, as there's not much indication of any particular order. However, we know that Vancouver Velocity 2R is used, so nobody will ever be flipped around. You can also see in a screenshot that VV1 only has a set of single item boxes, which likely indicates that it'll be the first lap. I'd guess that we get VV2R last, as it's a bit more exciting, but who knows.

Pretty confident that Moonview Highway has replaced the GCN slot that once belonged to Mushroom Bridge; but we can wait until next week to see what the files say. The track numbering system still gives away their place in the original track order. If Moonview is 46 or 56 it replaced one of the GCN spots.

Definitely don’t believe the last SNES spot has been cut though; i’ve been campaigning for a bit that SNES BC3 could be moved to the last wave (but that was with Mushroom Bridge not being Wave 6 material in mind; bit of a different reason now).

Seeing SNES BC3 getting saved for wave 6 just makes me sad that wave 3 didn't get a Bowser Castle to go with 3DS RR, plus the fact that the stellar GBA BC4 is going to get forgotten in tour... It feels wrong to say that I would have traded Maple Treeway for it, but I absolutely would have + traded Moonview Highway for Maple Treeway now.

Edit: And as a reminder, MK8D STILL as of wave 5 doesn't have a single returning Bowser Castle, yet has 4 Rainbow Roads. Sure wave 6 will add the first returning one, but alongside a 5th Rainbow Road lol.

Just like Singapore Speedway, Athens Dash is also utilising a second finish line for the currently unreleased Athens Dash 3 route.
image.png

Also why do I feel like Funky is more likely than Diddy now.

Nintendo has shown off the game a character is originally from in the MK series when revealing characters.

Double Dash - 2 (Petey, Birdo)
7 - 1 (Wiggler)
Tour - 1 (Kamek)

I have a feeling they want to throw Wii a bone when they’re presenting them like this, and with Diddy, DD would have 3.

I guess this also makes ROB likely to rep DS lol, or DK Jr for SNES
Or Double Dash is the one that gets highlighted through characters with Birdo, Petey, and Diddy and then Funky gets in as the Wii rep. As much as I'd love ROB, I genuinely don't think Nintendo is ever going to let him back in. DK Jr. would be interesting, especially if in pixel form from Tour, but yeah, Tour seems the only real other place we'd see characters from besides our main two Kongs.

Wiggler really fucking killed the dream of Diddy, Funky, and Pauline for a big DK related character blowout and now a dumb pipe course might also kill the DK dream even further, so DK fans just continue stacking Ls incredibly highly it feels.

New visuals, new mechanics, all new courses obviously. unique and carefully designed similar to like, Yoshi's Island (which is far and away the best addition from any of these). Hand-crafted and carefully designed stuff based on Mario games and worlds instead of the real-world based Tour tracks and hastily thrown together remakes of old tracks. Even the other 'new' tracks like that bathroom and ice cream one are just Mario characters driving around giant real-world items, not actually based on anything Mario / Nintendo.
uhhh the bathroom has alot of mario theming in it though

Always had the feeling between waves 5 and 6 that we would get 1 "baddie" themed batch and another that's a Kong batch just cause a lot of characters in Tour who arent in MK8D would fit into either of those categories.

My surprise was that wave 5 got 3 characters rather than 2 because I had thought they would go 1, 2, 3 for new characters in waves 4, 5, and 6 respectively by building up each wave.

Always had the feeling between waves 5 and 6 that we would get 1 "baddie" themed batch and another that's a Kong batch just cause a lot of characters in Tour who arent in MK8D would fit into either of those categories.

My surprise was that wave 5 got 3 characters rather than 2 because I had thought they would go 1, 2, 3 for new characters in waves 4, 5, and 6 respectively by building up each wave.
If we don't get a Kong rep in wave 6, I'm rioting.

So, how does Moonview Highway affect the chances of BcP 2? Seems like a rather recent addition to Tour. I’m assuming it replaced Mushroom
Bridge, but you never know
Before we go to the next poll, congrats to the other person who voted for DS Mario Circuit. You have great taste!
Thank you! That was me. I loved that track as a kid, was overjoyed to see it return to 8D.

We kinda all forgot about it in the Wave 5 chaos, but we get a trailer for the new Tour Nitro course in a few hours!

So, how does Moonview Highway affect the chances of BcP 2? Seems like a rather recent addition to Tour. I’m assuming it replaced Mushroom
Bridge, but you never know
Went from pretty much no chance to pretty much no chance. A BCP2 isn’t happening regardless of Moonview Highway.

Nintendo. Quick question. WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE PETEY PIRANHA FOR THE WAVE WITH TWO TRACKS NAMED AFTER HIM AND ONE THAT HEAVILY FEATURES HIS CHARACTER?!

Nintendo is really going to release PIRANHA PLANT Cove and PIRANHA PLANT Pipeline in the same wave lmaooooo

Me guessing Piranha Plant Pipeline will be in the Acorn Cup, Cove will be in the Spiny Cup. I think the latter fits better for the ultimate cup.

Which would make the Spiny Cup look like this in my eyes:

mobMD
Piranha Plant Cove
SNES Bowser’s Castle 3
Wii Rainbow Road

And the Acorn Cup would be something like this:

Tour Rome Avanti
Piranha Plant Pipeline
GCN DK Mountain
-surprise track-

I actually can kind of see them placing PPP in the second spot as it looks much easier than DK Mountain and it would split the “new” tracks nicely.

Me guessing Piranha Plant Pipeline will be in the Acorn Cup, Cove will be in the Spiny Cup. I think the latter fits better for the ultimate cup.

Which would make the Spiny Cup look like this in my eyes:

mobMD
Piranha Plant Cove
SNES Bowser’s Castle 3
Wii Rainbow Road

And the Acorn Cup would be something like this:

Tour Rome Avanti
Piranha Plant Pipeline
GCN DK Mountain
-surprise track-

I actually can kind of see them placing PPP in the second spot as it looks much easier than DK Mountain and it would split the “new” tracks nicely.
I'm think Piranha Plant Cove will be the final track of the Acorn Cup due to the lap changing gimmick. It's pretty much a Tour city track, just without the city. Piranha Plant Pipeline will be in the Spiny Cup where you predicted it.

Gee Nintendo, discussing Piranha Plant tracks in the future won't be confusing at all...

It's even weirder because Piranha Plant Slide is also a pipe course with water sections. This might be the single most redundant course in the game. I like the idea behind it, but it just seems so boring.

Anyways, VANCOUVER VELOCITY LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOO

I saw the Wave 5 trailer in the morning, but never got to react. Heck yeah for next week!! Disappointed Koopa Cape has been gutted, but I expected it when the Tour version mimicked the 3DS version. Still even with no fast water tube and lightning rods, the turns are still fun. I’m very excited Moonview Highway kicked out a Double Dash track seemingly as that’s a fantastic course. I’m most excited however that Vancouver is sneaking in this wave! People in this thread have been hyping up Vancouver since Wave 1 so I have high expectations for it. Finally, I was just driving in LA last week so I’m excited to have some less stressful driving there in Mario Kart lol.

It'd probably be wiser to wait for next week to see if our speculation on Moonview replacing a GCN spot pays off, but for now this is what i'm going with for Wave 6 predictions:

Mario_Kart_Prediction_Wave_6-2.png

• Obviously we know nothing about Madrid right now, but I just have a strong feeling Rome Avanti will end up feeling like more of a climactic city course, so i've put it in Spiny, with Madrid in Acorn Cup.
  • Bowser's Castle 3 makes a lot of sense as the penultimate track before Wii Rainbow Road, which would place DK Mountain over in Acorn Cup by default.
  • I think Cove will end off Acorn Cup, primarily because of the lap change gimmick; it's unique among Tour's non-city courses for being designed like a city course, and cities have always been cup starters or enders. That places Pipeline in Spiny instead, which seems fair to me now looking at the trailer footage; the layout seems like it has a lot of twists and turns, and you go in and out of the pipe system at least twice.
What i'm not sure on right now is that final blank prefix. Given the shocking twist with Moonview Highway, and the dwindling number of ID gaps in Tour, i'm not 100% certain we still have an unrevealed new course at this point. At this point I can't rule out the posibility that we get an extra retro in Wave 6; either a 3DS track (Rosalina's Ice World, given Wario Shipyard and Bowser's Castle would be redundant in this wave?) or Airship Fortress rising from the grave.

Gotta say though, the Japanese course name (Pipe Canyon) is way better.

I’ve been saying this for weeks but I’m still manifesting Airship Fortress! It ain’t over ‘till it’s over! Fingers crossed.

Walking into Wave 5 which tracks are you most looking forward to racing on? I think for me it’s:

1 Vancouver - people here have hyped this one hard so I’m hyped.
2 Koopa Cape - it may be gutted, but it’s been my number one most wanted retro.
3 LA - SoCal <3
4 Moonview - Great course!
5 Athens - It’s new to me!
6 Daisy Cruiser - This is a good course. I’m looking forward to it.
7 Squeaky Clean - I feel like I don’t have a great sense of this one yet, but I’m intrigued.
8 Sunset Wilds - Good course. Quietly excited.

Walking into Wave 5 which tracks are you most looking forward to racing on? I think for me it’s:

3 LA - SoCal <3
7 Squeaky Clean - I feel like I don’t have a great sense of this one yet, but I’m intrigued.
Hard to say, I'm very happy to see Koopa Cape and Daisy Cruiser again.
And I'm just as eager to discover LA, Athens and Vancouver, I'd seen a few images but I was saving the discovery for Mario Kart 8D, and I have to say that these are the 3 cities I was most looking forward to.
Squeaky Clean also appeals to me, a kind of Ribbon Road but in a bathroom, and which has quite a few good ideas (going through the bathtub, going down the drain...).
I think I'm excited for all of them at more or less the same level.
Less for Sunset Wilds and Moonwiew, I'm not a fan of tracks with traffic (only exception is Shroom Ridge). I don't regret the absence of Mushroom Bridge, but the music would have made me nostalgic, while Moonview really leaves me quite indifferent. And Sunset Wilds remained simplistic even on Tour, so I'm not any more excited than that, but I'm glad to have it back, partly because of its gimmick.

3 LA - SoCal <3

Unpopular opinion time!!

1. Moonview Highway - my favourite traffic track by miles and I’m stoked it’s back! The surprise was massive! Loved mastering this one as a 9-year old boy.
2. Squeaky Clean Sprint - I love these kind of quirky concepts!
3. Daisy Cruiser - just like SQS, it has a unique concept that actually works!
4. Athens Dash - never played it. From the footage, it doesn’t look like your typical city. More like a ruins track, and I like that!
5. Los Angeles Laps - I love full sectional tracks. The track is varied for a city track.
6. Vancouver Velocity - again, never played, but for some reason or another the theming doesn’t make me extremely excited. But I’m feeling like I’m getting positively surprised by it. There must be a reason it’s everyone’s favourite city track, right?
7. Sunset Wilds - they better have the nighttime in this track too. Otherwise this is a wasted spot in my opinion and I would have much rather had BC4 or Lakeside Park (if that’s real).
8. Koopa Cape - yeah, don’t really feel this one. Especially with us already having the better (in my opinion) Piranha Plant Slide. And with the upcoming Piranha Plant Pipeline this course looks pretty unnecessary.

Does Sunset Wild have nightfall transition in tour? That's like the best part of the track together with the music, the actual layout isn't much to write home about (I also found the native shy guys cute, but I understand why they're gone).

Does Sunset Wild have nightfall transition in tour? That's like the best part of the track together with the music, the actual layout isn't much to write home about (I also found the native shy guys cute, but I understand why they're gone).
Yes, the transition is in Tour.

Now that we know mobDK isn't actually a Donkey Kong themed course and we aren't sure if there's going to be one in the last wave, the two last character slots seem much less certain, don't they?

I could see them still adding Diddy and Pauline even without a DK course to tie in, but I could also see them going for another surprise like Wiggler.

Quoted by: Tye
Nintendo will confirm a Wave 6 character is Diddy Kong at the Game Awards this year, where they also confirm an NSO release for Diddy Kong Racing and Diddy Kong Racing 2 as a 2024 title.

Diddy Kong Racing 2 is cancelled after the reveal trailer showcases the game's opening cutscene, which features Diddy Kong gunning down the entire cast of Diddy Kong Racing 1. Pipsy manages to survive the initial massacre, but is pursued and beaten to death by Diddy Kong. A single person in the TGA audience woops and applauds, and when the camera cuts back to Geoff Keighley, he passes out.

Nintendo will confirm a Wave 6 character is Diddy Kong at the Game Awards this year, where they also confirm an NSO release for Diddy Kong Racing and Diddy Kong Racing 2 as a 2024 title.

Diddy Kong Racing 2 is cancelled after the reveal trailer showcases the game's opening cutscene, which features Diddy Kong gunning down the entire cast of Diddy Kong Racing 1. Pipsy manages to survive the initial massacre, but is pursued and beaten to death by Diddy Kong. A single person in the TGA audience woops and applauds, and when the camera cuts back to Geoff Keighley, he passes out.

The person applauding is Josef Fares

I'm mostly waiting for the datamine tbh, should show us whether that 4th GCN track got axed or not.

If it did, 3 GCN tracks out of 16, out of a possible 48 is just straight up abysmal

I had a pipe dream the other week that the mystery track in Wave 6 is a big homage to Diddy Kong Racing, like basically a big reimagined version of Timber Island. 0% chance but DKR is one of my goat racers lol.

Back
Top Bottom