• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
as part of this pass, probably not

but no, there's probably a good chance they do more later given what the reception for this is like. unless they've been sitting on MK9 for the next system, they seem wary to make an actual successor
Something akin to Smash's Fighters Passes, where the second one was probably only greenlit due to the first's reception?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Final Lap Expansion Pass

Mega Mushroom Cup:
  • GCN Peach Beach
  • N64 Banshee Boardwalk
  • 3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
  • DS Airship Fortress
Giga Bell Cup:
  • Wii Daisy Circuit
  • SNES Choco Island
  • DS DK Pass
  • 3DS Maka Wuhu
Bullet Bill Cup:
  • GBA Luigi Circuit
  • DS Delfino Square
  • 3DS Rosalina Ice World
  • Wii Toad Factory
Super Star Cup:
  • 3DS Wario Shipyard
  • Wii Moonview Highway
  • GCN DK Mountain
  • 3DS Bowser Castle
Yes I know this is cringe leave me alone

Will be fun to see the animation differences for the remaining characters too, if Birdo already had most of her's improved or outright replaced. This video doesn't even include any of the bike animations since Tour doesn't have them to begin with.

To go back a bit in the discussion (got caught up for a bit and couldn't finish this reply 😅); I don't mind the DS choices on their own personally:
  • Shroom Ridge has been a personal want of mine from back when I thought "Mario Kart NX" would happen; very happy with this one.
  • Waluigi Pinball is an unquestionable fan favourite, I know nobody is wondering why this one is included.
  • I have a personal preference for Delfino Square, if they had to bring back one DS retro from Wii, but Peach Gardens is fine too.
  • Mario Circuit is one of the better circuit tracks in the series (being a Star Cup tier course and all) so I don't mind it seeing it remade for the first time.
I just wish they found a way to slip Airship Fortress in there in addition to the others. Would give DS an equal number of tracks to GBA and GCN. Luigi's Mansion is a relatively simple Mushroom Cup track so I don't mind it missing out too much; especially since we have GCN Luigi's Mansion as a battle course, with an arrangement of the DS track's music.

For 3DS I can't help but admit i'm not a huge fan of the choices, yeah; considering Tour has every track from Mario Kart 7 (the remaining four datamined) available to pick from, Toad Circuit and Rock Rock Mountain don't really stand out too much (except in their visuals, standing out as the worst looking tracks in their waves). Can't say I wouldn't have preferred to see Shy Guy Bazaar (supposedly cut from the base game DLC too), Wario Shipyard (though Piranha Plant Cove lessens the blow on this one a lot), one of the Wuhu tracks (they aren't in Tour yet but they do have some objects datamined), Rosalina's Ice World (not a personal fan but I know others are) or Bowser's Castle (if we aren't getting a 3D Bowser's Castle from another game like N64 or GCN).

It'll admittedly be a bit disappointing to see Tour go down with certain retro tracks that haven't been remade elsewhere before; a Vanilla Lake, Cheep-Cheep Island, Yoshi Desert, Bowser Castle 4, Daisy Circuit, Dry Dry Ruins, (potentially) Moonview Highway and the 3DS tracks listed above; but I think they're striking a good balance between remade before and never remade overall.

Individually I don't think many of the choices are like bad on their own, but collectively, it feels like a lot of GREEN has been the theme for the DS and 3DS tracks, and often times of a lower quality than everything else around them. Like I have a HUGE soft spot for Shroom Ridge too and I'm happy it's back. Peach Gardens didn't have the best transition, but it's also a classic DS course for me. And I do think Mario Circuit is fun to race on with a little more variety. They aren't bad tracks. It's just they're all kind of occupying very similar niches to some extent for me and the opportunity cost with other DS classics wounds me.

And then 3DS pulls the same stunt, but with two arguably much much much worse courses for me. I know some people like Toad Circuit as a nice easy beginner course, but I really do think it's one of the dullest options possible and I don't think the BCP needed a super easy course to introduce people back in and this is immediately made 10 times worse than a lot of basic and quick GBA tracks (and Mario Circuit 3 SNES) are also here. And yeah Rock Rock is as FINE as a track ever was JUST FINE, but it's just like we could have had such great things. And suddenly with the DS selection, that overwhelming low quality green texture is showing up everywhere at the cost of such wonderful courses that are right there and missing.

It does hurt me too that GBA is getting 5 courses out of the pass while 3DS only got 3, DS got 4, and N64 got 2. I recognize some of those got more love back in base game, but I do vastly prefer when Mario Kart pulls from those over Super Circuit which I just don't have good memories of lol.

Yeah, there's a lot of work in Tour that still needs to be brought over to the mainline games. I'm really glad we're getting as much "preserved" as we are, but it still feels like we do need more DLC to keep filling in the gaps between Tour and 8 Deluxe + BCP. Especially on the character front I'm going to be so depressed when Dixie Kong inevitably ends up stuck on Tour...

For the GCN tracks, my dream would be to have Daisy Cruiser (I guess it's a safe bet for this one) and both jungle tracks.
Dino Dino Jungle is very nosalgic to me, and DK Mountain is such an adventure.
Unfortunately, it is pretty unlikely that we get both.

Mega Mushroom Cup:
  • GCN Peach Beach
  • N64 Banshee Boardwalk
  • 3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
  • DS Airship Fortress
Giga Bell Cup:
  • Wii Daisy Circuit
  • SNES Choco Island
  • DS DK Pass
  • 3DS Maka Wuhu
Bullet Bill Cup:
  • GBA Luigi Circuit
  • DS Delfino Square
  • 3DS Rosalina Ice World
  • Wii Toad Factory
Super Star Cup:
  • 3DS Wario Shipyard
  • Wii Moonview Highway
  • GCN DK Mountain
  • 3DS Bowser Castle
There are so many classic stages I want to return that I hope when the next Mario Kart comes they will keep adding waves for a few years. They can reach 150 tracks eventually.

The tracks I will miss the most at the end of the pass:
N64 Bowser's Castle
Dino Dino Jungle or DK Mountain (depending on the one we get)
Delfino Square
Airship Fortress
Toad's Factory
Wuhu Loop
Maka Wuhu
3DS Bowser's Castle

Not confident on any Double Dash tracks being MK7 tracks, due to them not appearing in the music leak, which is the same reason I didn't think Airship Fortress would be in.
So according to my dubious idea DK Mountain would be most likely of the Tour tracks, except that it shares music with an old MK7 Tour track... so IDK anymore.

Not confident on any Double Dash tracks being MK7 tracks, due to them not appearing in the music leak, which is the same reason I didn't think Airship Fortress would be in.
So according to my dubious idea DK Mountain would be most likely of the Tour tracks, except that it shares music with an old MK7 Tour track... so IDK anymore.
Daisy Cruiser was also a retro tracks on MK7.
Wii Koopa Cape too, and I think these two can be locked. Koopa Cape was even on the banner leak.

At this point I think they can just add rest MK7 original tracks in Tour (8) and own retro track selection left that I think are also in Tour lol (6, N64 Luigi Raceway, N64 Koopa Beach, GBA Bowser Castle, DS DK Pass, DS Luigis Mansion, DS Airship Fostress), add 1 GCN (RB?) and if you want another SNES or Wii to have 16 circuits in 4 cups.

If they just followed up immediately with Booster pass 2, I woudnt care about MK 9. Just keep updating 8 indefinitely.

There's too much money in it to not drop 8 support and start selling an entirely new game.

Well, it's that or stick crappy GTA online style microtransactions in, which would still also basically require a while new game to be designed around them.

There’s a large part of me that wants more BCP and/or Mario Kart Infinite, but I do think once Wave 6 drops that’s the end here. Inevitably Switch 2 will have its own Mario Kart of some sort and if 8 got anymore content it would become a very hard sell as the gap between how much a new game could possibly offer would be that much greater. Perhaps if it was some grand rethinking of Mario Kart or Nintendo Kart it could work, but it’s hard to confidently imagine.

Daisy Cruiser was also a retro tracks on MK7.
Wii Koopa Cape too, and I think these two can be locked. Koopa Cape was even on the banner leak.
Koopa Cape for sure, I was thinking that was on the music leak too but apparently not.
Daisy Cruiser is more recent than the rest of the Tour tracks so I think that still has a shot.

There’s a large part of me that wants more BCP and/or Mario Kart Infinite, but I do think once Wave 6 drops that’s the end here. Inevitably Switch 2 will have its own Mario Kart of some sort and if 8 got anymore content it would become a very hard sell as the gap between how much a new game could possibly offer would be that much greater. Perhaps if it was some grand rethinking of Mario Kart or Nintendo Kart it could work, but it’s hard to confidently imagine.
Yeah that's what I think too, wave 6 will be the final update to Mario Kart 8, even if it would be a very nice surprise to have a BCP2.
Even though the next hardware may still be some way distant, no one is going to buy a new Mario Kart if we're all still playing MK8, they'll have to let the MK8 hype fall off a bit or they would be shooting themselves in the foot.
Moreover, their goals were certainly to preserve and capitalize on Tour's assets, but also to give a second breath to the game to keep us waiting for the next hardware. I think these objectives are fulfilled.

It seems that there was a certain moment when the BCP was conceptualized, and from then onwards they started making courses specifically for both Tour and the BCP. Going from the February 2022 Sky Tour (conveniently exactly when the BCP was announced), almost every course since then is in both Tour and 8D, barring a few RMX and SNES courses.

✓Sky Garden
✓Mushroom Gorge
✓Yoshi Valley
✓Amsterdam Drift
✓Coconut Mall
Koopa Cape
✓Baby Park
✓Bangkok Rush
✓Piranha Plant Slide
Daisy Cruiser
✓Sky High Sundae
XBowser's Castle 3
XRMX Bowser's Castle 1
XLuigi Raceway
XGhost Valley 2
XRMX Donut Plains 1
✓Boo Lake
✓Donut Plains 3
DK Mountain
✓Riverside Park
✓Peach Gardens
✓Snow Land
Wii Rainbow Road
✓Piranha Plant Cove
✓Shroom Ridge
✓DS Mario Circuit
✓Yoshi's Island

This is why I'm still pretty confident about Koopa Cape, Daisy Cruiser, and DK Mountain despite the Airship Fortress miss. AF was developed ages ago, before the BCP was conceptualized. These three were developed after. This is also why I think DK Mountain is more likely than DDJ. And Wii Rainbow Road is obviously the final Spiny Cup course.

In fact, the only non RMX/SNES course to straight-up miss since the Sky Tour is Luigi Raceway, and I don't think anyone is crying over that. I could have seen Riverside Park or DS Mario Circuit missing, but even those made it.

The rest of 2023 will be very interesting. If we mainly get city, SNES, and RMX courses, plus courses that are already in 8D, I'll lose hope in a potential BCP2.

But if we get a bunch of HQ remakes of Yoshi Desert, GBA Luigi Circuit, Daisy Circuit, Dry Dry Ruins, Mushroom Bridge, Mushroom City, Mario Raceway, and the Wuhu tracks... And if we randomly get a fan favorite like N64 Bowser's Castle or Delfino Square... I might start to suspect a BCP2.

Anyway, this is all just speculation. Who knows what Nintendo will do!

The rest of 2023 will be very interesting. If we mainly get city, SNES, and RMX courses, plus courses that are already in 8D, I'll lose hope in a potential BCP2.
This is exactly why I think we will get a SNES Bowser Castle for the final SNES slot. We have datamined evidence for its existence with it coming in an upcoming Bowser Tour (with GBA BC4) scheduled for some time in May which would be a few months before Wave 5 should release where the final SNES track slot is.

I don't see why tracks from 8DX or Tour wouldn't make it into the next game, the MK games with retros all have stuff from their immediate predecessors.

BCP will probably get all of the Tour courses through this year but there'll be still be shit like character alts and kart parts that most people are betting on getting reused in MK9
Without knowing what MK9 is gonna look like, I'd say no they can't just hold Tour courses for it. Tour has many similar mechanics to MK8/D which is why the courses have been relatively easy to port. For all we know the next MK could cut under water, gliding, and anti grav and go for something crazy. If the goal is to preserve that as they were "originally designed", then getting them all in MK8D is important. Sure even with a wacky gimmick they could make a retro out of a tour nitro or city course, but it would be like some of the MK8 retros where they barely resemble the original.

What makes me sad about Koopa Cape is that we're going to have the orange rocks, like Rock Rock Mountain.
I guess it's because depending on the brightness of the smartphone it would be harder to see on Tour, but I really think the original grey rocks would gave those tracks a lot more identity on MK8.

What makes me sad about Koopa Cape is that we're going to have the orange rocks, like Rock Rock Mountain.
I guess it's because depending on the brightness of the smartphone it would be harder to see on Tour, but I really think the original grey rocks would gave those tracks a lot more identity on MK8.
I don't think we can say this for certain at all. There wasn't a single course in Wave 4 that looked bad, and each wave has looked better than the last. I think there's a very good chance that Koopa Cape gets a graphical upgrade at least in line with Maple Treeway's, if not Riverside Park's.

If it looks as bad as RR Mountain I'll be very disappointed, but I'd rather have orange KC than no KC at all!

Without knowing what MK9 is gonna look like, I'd say no they can't just hold Tour courses for it. Tour has many similar mechanics to MK8/D which is why the courses have been relatively easy to port. For all we know the next MK could cut under water, gliding, and anti grav and go for something crazy. If the goal is to preserve that as they were "originally designed", then getting them all in MK8D is important. Sure even with a wacky gimmick they could make a retro out of a tour nitro or city course, but it would be like some of the MK8 retros where they barely resemble the original.
they could cut all of that shit, sure, but it puts them in a corner of either having to make a ton of new courses to compensate for limited retro options or having to alter every retro they do end up putting in, especially since they then have to ask "how much DLC do we do" and extend that constraint to all of those courses as well. whatever the next game is probably just adapts the existing engine anyway, cutting off those features just seems like a lotta hassle for limited upside

and of course, even if stuff does get cut, there are ways to work around that. a lot of glider stuff can be converted into something like Jungle Parkway's boost ramp if they really wanted to rep a Tour course without gliders and without significantly altering course geometry, for instance

not that I expect they'll hold off Tour courses from the BCP for these purposes, mind, but I would be surprised if 8 and Tour courses aren't recycled into MK9

Last edited:
This would be my final take on a new 32 course pack from all previous games minus Tour, would you like it ? I mostly put retro tracks available at Tour (or datamine to be soon).

Cup 1 (Easy): Luigi Raceway (N64), Cheep Cheep Lagoon (3DS), Toads Factory (Wii), Shy Guy Bazaar (3DS)

Cup 2 (Easy): Koopa Troopa Beach (N64), Daisy Hills (3DS), Ghost Valley 2 (SNES), Luigis Mansion (DS)

Cup 3 (Medium): Mario Circuit (3DS), Delfino Square (DS), Cheep Cheep Island (GBA), Frappe Snowland (N64)

Cup 4 (Medium): Wuhu Loop (3DS), Luigi Circuit (GBA), Mushroom Bridge (GCN), Mario Raceway (N64)

Cup 5 (Hard): Daisy Circuit (Wii), DK Pass (DS), Choco Island 2 (SNES), Yoshi Desert (GBA)

Cup 6 (Hard): Wario Shipyard (3DS), Airship Fortress (DS), Vanilla Lake 2 (SNES), DK Mountain (GCN)

Cup 7 (Very Hard): Dry Dry Ruins (Wii), Rosalina Ice World (3DS), Bowser Castle 4 (GBA), Rainbow Road (GCN)

Cup 8 (Very Hard): Moonview Highway (Wii), Wario Colossem (GCN), Bowser’s Castle (3DS), Rainbow Road (DS)

My favorite way of playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is just doing single-player races VS CPUs with random courses. For some reason it never gets old. Anyone else with me on this or am I just a weirdo?

My favorite way of playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is just doing single-player races VS CPUs with random courses. For some reason it never gets old. Anyone else with me on this or am I just a weirdo?

I used to do this sometimes up until MK8D where they made it to where you don't need to play at each speed to get 3 gold stars for each cup.

I need to do this more with the latest BCP cups though...

I used to do this sometimes up until MK8D where they made it to where you don't need to play at each speed to get 3 gold stars for each cup.

I need to do this more with the latest BCP cups though...
I don't do it with Grand Prix (but I do always play the Grand Prix cups first whenever new courses drop), but in the "VS Race" mode under single-player. The recent update that allows you to customize items makes it even more fun as you can add more variety in rules.

Before the Booster Course Pass was announced, I actually did a 48-course cup on 200cc. It took about two hours total (I took a break halfway through) but it was a lot of fun. I will probably do it again once all of the DLC courses are out. I also wonder if they will ever add a 96-course option. That would be absolute absurdity but I think I might be brave enough to try if it ever happens.

I only play online, against CPU is nice to check out new courses but there's no challenge.

Got my 100th online win the other night too! Which was nice. Then followed that up with #101 on a super clean 8 Rainbow Road win.

It seems that there was a certain moment when the BCP was conceptualized, and from then onwards they started making courses specifically for both Tour and the BCP. Going from the February 2022 Sky Tour (conveniently exactly when the BCP was announced), almost every course since then is in both Tour and 8D, barring a few RMX and SNES courses.

✓Sky Garden
✓Mushroom Gorge
✓Yoshi Valley
✓Amsterdam Drift
✓Coconut Mall
Koopa Cape
✓Baby Park
✓Bangkok Rush
✓Piranha Plant Slide
Daisy Cruiser
✓Sky High Sundae
XBowser's Castle 3
XRMX Bowser's Castle 1
XLuigi Raceway
XGhost Valley 2
XRMX Donut Plains 1
✓Boo Lake
✓Donut Plains 3
DK Mountain
✓Riverside Park
✓Peach Gardens
✓Snow Land
Wii Rainbow Road
✓Piranha Plant Cove
✓Shroom Ridge
✓DS Mario Circuit
✓Yoshi's Island
I suppose, but Wario Shipyard and Bowser's Castle were literally added to Tour just before this. While I do think the majority of Tour's content nowadays is being made because of the BCP, it still seems like it could be possible for a handful of big remakes down the line (probably not new tracks though)

I don't do it with Grand Prix (but I do always play the Grand Prix cups first whenever new courses drop), but in the "VS Race" mode under single-player. The recent update that allows you to customize items makes it even more fun as you can add more variety in rules.

Before the Booster Course Pass was announced, I actually did a 48-course cup on 200cc. It took about two hours total (I took a break halfway through) but it was a lot of fun. I will probably do it again once all of the DLC courses are out. I also wonder if they will ever add a 96-course option. That would be absolute absurdity but I think I might be brave enough to try if it ever happens.

Meant to reply earlier but life happened.

Yo that's awesome! I used to do the All-Star cup back in MKDD, definitely felt like an endurance run then too. I may try that with the base MK8(D) track roster one day and then like you said when the last two BCP waves drop I'll race on them all back-to-back.

What happens if the third Tour city track isn't ready for Wave 5? One of the tracks is Los Angeles Laps, another is probably the city track releasing in May, but we don't know when the third one is releasing into Tour. Would Nintendo move Vancouver Velocity up or would another retro/new course take its place?

What happens if the third Tour city track isn't ready for Wave 5? One of the tracks is Los Angeles Laps, another is probably the city track releasing in May, but we don't know when the third one is releasing into Tour. Would Nintendo move Vancouver Velocity up or would another retro/new course take its place?
It could be a close call where one new city track is in May and the next one in June (similar to last year when Amsterdam and Bangkok were only 2 months apart) and then Wave 5 is July/August time with both of those + Los Angeles Laps.

It could be a close call where one new city track is in May and the next one in June (similar to last year when Amsterdam and Bangkok were only 2 months apart) and then Wave 5 is July/August time with both of those + Los Angeles Laps.
That could work, but then there's the question of when the 2nd/3rd variants for the city courses would release. It would be an incredibly short window. I'm thinking that we might get another retro track to end the Feather Cup (DK Mountain?) while the city course (probably Athens) gets pushed back. It's either that or we get both MOBDK and Piranha Plant Cove in the same wave.

Maybe something like this could work?

Feather Cup:
  • Tour Madrid Marathon
  • Wii Koopa Cape
  • GCN Mushroom Bridge
  • Piranha Plant Cove
Cherry Cup:
  • Tour Los Angeles Laps
  • GBA Sunset Wilds
  • SNES Bowser Castle
  • GCN DK Mountain

Been meaning to ask, how often do you all see the Piranha Plants carrying items in Riverside Park? Because I’ve basically only seen them doing it once. I’m wondering if it is random or if it has to do that I typically play with custom items to disable the blue shell and lightning.

Been meaning to ask, how often do you all see the Piranha Plants carrying items in Riverside Park? Because I’ve basically only seen them doing it once. I’m wondering if it is random or if it has to do that I typically play with custom items to disable the blue shell and lightning.
They don't carry items when you are using custom items iirc.

I recognize Nintendo probably wouldn't have done this even before the war, let alone in the context of it, but a part of me will always lament not getting a Moscow themed city course. A trip around Red Square set in the twilight snow around all the unique architecture of the city would have been truly incredible.

I similarly mourn that we aren't getting more city tracks from more diverse places in general. I get Nintendo doesn't always have markets in some of them, but not having a Rio de Janeiro, a Beijing, a Cairo, or an Istanbul track is just kind of a shame with how much potential they all have. I'm glad we finally got Bangkok and Singapore to expand upon things a little, but the Western European heavy-ness of the existing city tracks is certainly felt.

I recognize Nintendo probably wouldn't have done this even before the war, let alone in the context of it, but a part of me will always lament not getting a Moscow themed city course. A trip around Red Square set in the twilight snow around all the unique architecture of the city would have been truly incredible.

I similarly mourn that we aren't getting more city tracks from more diverse places in general. I get Nintendo doesn't always have markets in some of them, but not having a Rio de Janeiro, a Beijing, a Cairo, or an Istanbul track is just kind of a shame with how much potential they all have. I'm glad we finally got Bangkok and Singapore to expand upon things a little, but the Western European heavy-ness of the existing city tracks is certainly felt.
We still might get one of the cities you listed! We have five city tracks datamined for the pass and only four of them are known (Los Angeles Laps, Vancouver Velocity, Athens, and Madrid). Beijing makes a lot of sense, as does Cairo.

We still might get one of the cities you listed! We have five city tracks datamined for the pass and only four of them are known (Los Angeles Laps, Vancouver Velocity, Athens, and Madrid). Beijing makes a lot of sense, as does Cairo.
I think we’ll get three city tracks for wave 5 and one of them will be Vancouver since it is ready.

(Was responding to your track list before it was edited)

That could work, but then there's the question of when the 2nd/3rd variants for the city courses would release. It would be an incredibly short window. I'm thinking that we might get another retro track to end the Feather Cup (DK Mountain?) while the city course (probably Athens) gets pushed back. It's either that or we get both MOBDK and Piranha Plant Cove in the same wave.

Based on IDs Athens is likely to launch with two variants just like PPC, and Sydney was added to 8DX before Sydney 3 launched in Tour. As long as the second city shows up in June I don’t think they’ll need to move Vancouver forward or any other shuffle.

Also don’t expect PPC to show up in Wave 5 solely because as far as marketing is concerned that would be four Tour tracks (and four route changing tracks at that) in one wave. Think they’ll save it for Wave 6 to balance things out.

Rio very much remains on the table with the ID gap between Paris and Singapore, would not rule it out. Last city is more up in the air; available codenames could tie it to Madrid or Mumbai but it could also be neither.

I think we’ll get three city tracks for wave 5 and one of them will be Vancouver since it is ready.

(Was responding to your track list before it was edited)
The previous post was copied into that post for some reason. The track list is a few replies up.

Vancouver Velocity is the perfect winter track. No chance it gets moved IMO. Northern Lights, hockey, snow, and falling leaves. It screams that time of year.

Based on IDs Athens is likely to launch with two variants just like PPC, and Sydney was added to 8DX before Sydney 3 launched in Tour. As long as the second city shows up in June I don’t think they’ll need to move Vancouver forward or any other shuffle.
Ah, that makes sense. What about Madrid?

Also don’t expect PPC to show up in Wave 5 solely because as far as marketing is concerned that would be four Tour tracks (and four route changing tracks at that) in one wave. Think they’ll save it for Wave 6 to balance things out.
Couldn't this happen in Wave 6 anyways? At least one other Nitro track will release in Tour before it comes to the BCP, so it would be four Tour tracks in one wave again. And who knows what the other tracks look like, they could have the same route changing gimmick that Piranha Plant Cove does.

IMO, Piranha Plant Cove makes the most sense in Wave 5. It feels like a summer themed course.

Rio very much remains on the table with the ID gap between Paris and Singapore, would not rule it out. Last city is more up in the air; available codenames could tie it to Madrid or Mumbai but it could also be neither.
Are there any other suspicious gaps in the ID's?

Are there any other suspicious gaps in the ID's?

That’s what i’m following in these posts! The gap that md falls into could be suspicious if mu is a test course like nu was and no longer exists, but for now it isn’t strange for a gap that might have two tracks. If they are both in that gap they cannot both be cities though, as the minimum ID count for a track is 5, so three city variants = 15 minimum. 28 barely doesn’t cover that.

MobAT will definitely show up first in any case, likely in May.

Not too interesting this time. Another increase for the already massive GBA and GCN gaps, Daisy Circuit and Piranha Plant Cove 3. The DS gap has been fully closed though so RIP Delfino Square (Monte Town).

Mario_Kart_ID_Gap.png

As for PPC, i’m honestly considering the possibility that the other two new courses in Wave 6 are presented as 8DX originals. Considering how much Tour still has to get through before then, and how much more we’re already getting over the usual frequency of new tracks, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had to wait until 2024 for Tour, at least one of them.
  • 2019: New York, Tokyo, Paris, London
  • 2020: Vancouver, Los Angeles, Merry Mountain
  • 2021: Berlin, Sydney, Ninja Hideaway
  • 2022: Singapore, Amsterdam, Berlin, Sky-High Sundae
  • 2023 (by Wave 5): Piranha Plant Cove, Yoshi’s Island, Athens, [City 13], [Non-City 6]
  • Still to cover for Wave 6: [City 14], [Non-City 7], [Non-City 8]

Last edited:
How quickly the next two city tracks are released for Tour is definitely worth watching. Each BCP wave has been released quicker than the previous one, and while I think wave 5 will probably break that trend and take a bit longer, late June doesn't feel infeasible at all. If the next city track isn't slated until May, would Nintendo really want to immediately push out another city track so quickly, and so soon before it makes its BCP debut? Feels like a stretch to me.

A lot of that is pure speculation, of course; wave 5 could end up in July or even August, or maybe we get another city track well before May and things are spaced out nicely. But that bit of uncertainty is why I'm leaning towards Vancouver in wave 5. It's ready to go, and there really hasn't been much focus on seasonal timing outside of a few very obvious candidates, so I don't think it'd really stick out all that much. Especially since, if this current pace continues, wave 6 might not even be a winter release.

Mega Mushroom Cup:
  • GCN Peach Beach
  • N64 Banshee Boardwalk
  • 3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
  • DS Airship Fortress
Giga Bell Cup:
  • Wii Daisy Circuit
  • SNES Choco Island
  • DS DK Pass
  • 3DS Maka Wuhu
Bullet Bill Cup:
  • GBA Luigi Circuit
  • DS Delfino Square
  • 3DS Rosalina Ice World
  • Wii Toad Factory
Super Star Cup:
  • 3DS Wario Shipyard
  • Wii Moonview Highway
  • GCN DK Mountain
  • 3DS Bowser Castle
Superstar cup needs to end with GCN Rainbow Road.

Back
Top Bottom