• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Maybe I'm just with a good group of people, but holy shit these online races are so chaotic today! It's so fun!

It's incredibly refreshing going into an online lobby and seeing people picking all kind of characters and gear combinations.

It took six years for Nintendo to patch this but the reign of Wiggler Waluigi really is over.

My lobby was six Waluigi wigglers and five Rosalinas, and then me playing Yoshi. Didn't see that variety in my room, at least. ;)

1678449887-mario-kart-prediction.jpg

I really think it makes a lot of sense.

Wave 5 with Diddy and Kamek
Wave 6 with Funky, Petey and Pauline

These are the characters that everyone predicts, so I'm not going to re-explain these choices, but I can go a little further in the argument.

It's possible that they drop the two Kongs in wave 5 in order to put them together, or else they would precisely avoid putting two Kongs in a same wave.
I can see them deciding to separate the two Kongs, so they could drop at the same time the two most requested fan favourites (Petey and Funky) + one new character on console (Pauline), that would be a perfect finish for wave 6.
This would then be :
Wave 5 : 1 recurring and 1 new ; Wave 6 : 2 fan favorites and 1 new. Seems pretty realistic, right ?

And the selection seems very balanced :
Birdo and Diddy : 2 recurring characters
Kamek and Pauline : 2 new characters on console
Funky and Petey : 2 characters exclusive to two different opus (GCN and Wii)

As for placement (even if I think they don't really care) :
Diddy is on the light row (with Toad, Koopa, Shy Guy, Lakitu, Toadette) and the most logical to drop after Birdo
Kamek is on the baby row because Yoshi's Island
Funky Kong is on the heavy row and the same as Donkey Kong
Petey Piranha is on the secondary bosses row
Pauline because she's "the" Nintendo character of the last years gets the special place

Everything seems really logical and makes sense, but that's the problem, Nintendo and logic sometimes are two very different words!

Quite disappointed they aren't bringing over the skins from Tour. I'd even be fine with them being added via a battle pass if it got them in the game, they always looked so cool.

Maybe they'll do skins for the next console MK game? That's kinda been an expectation for me so they can get extra money from us lol

Especially with how well MK8D has sold on the Switch.

Quite disappointed they aren't bringing over the skins from Tour. I'd even be fine with them being added via a battle pass if it got them in the game, they always looked so cool.
Knock on wood.. knowing Nintendo, they'd do those in Mario Kart 8 each one in their own slot like actual characters, not costumes for existing ones.

I beat all of the new staff ghosts yesterday. I do like how there are some thematic links with the character choice and the track, such as for Yoshi's Island, where the 150cc staff ghost uses Baby Mario and the 200cc staff ghost uses Yoshi.

Burgos animations are still a delight to see, she’s easily one of the best animated characters in the game. Which brings me to a question, disregarding characters what is generally considered the best animated? Obviously one of my favourites is birdo but tanooki Mario is no slouch either, Turning to stone is such a cool reference.

The amount of joy I felt when I was racing on Yoshi's Island was quite high. Such a fun nostalgic course. Perhaps slightly easy, but the music is just a joy to listen to.

I don't expect us to get too many additional costumes, if any at all. Tour has a lot to pick from but implementing them into 8 Deluxe seems like more trouble than it'd likely be worth.

Selecting them is one thing; adding an extra button press just to pick Mario, Luigi, Peach or Bowser is a layer of complexity they would likely want to avoid. You could perhaps make a different button bring up the alt menu, but that's a whole new functionality for the CSS that would need to be implemented. The main difference between Tour's alt costumes and the few that exist in 8DX (Yoshi, Birdo, Shy Guy and Inkling colors; Gold Mario; Champion Link) is that they have unique trick animations. For Birdo they didn't just add new animations for bikes / ATVs, they redid her trick animations for the kart too; so they might not even be willing to directly port those over from Tour for the alts. It also begs the question of if they would then merge Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and the diffferent Villagers and Inklings together for consistency. Just too much to think about, to the point where it probably isn't worth considering.

Obviously we'd get some alts like the additional Bros or Famicom Robot if Hammer Bro or R.O.B. made it in as new racers, but that's a seperate scenario. If they were to add any alts for existing characters at all, I feel these three would be the easiest by far to get away with:

MKT_Icon_KingBooLuigisMansion.png
MKT_Icon_CaptainToad.png
MKT_Icon_ToadetteExplorer.png

Captain Toad has his own problem of not actually being considered an alt in Tour, but for consistency with Explorer Toadette (who is an alt) they could probably overlook that. The issue with the main cast is that they have so many outfits to pick from it'd be weird to limit the selection to 1-3; but for these three, despite Toad and Toadette having other alts avaialble, I think you could reasonably square away them sticking with just these ones.

Not expecting anything though; I think an extra set of kart parts is the more likely additional content for Wave 5 or 6.

I don't expect us to get too many additional costumes, if any at all. Tour has a lot to pick from but implementing them into 8 Deluxe seems like more trouble than it'd likely be worth.

Selecting them is one thing; adding an extra button press just to pick Mario, Luigi, Peach or Bowser is a layer of complexity they would likely want to avoid. You could perhaps make a different button bring up the alt menu, but that's a whole new functionality for the CSS that would need to be implemented. The main difference between Tour's alt costumes and the few that exist in 8DX (Yoshi, Birdo, Shy Guy and Inkling colors; Gold Mario; Champion Link) is that they have unique trick animations. For Birdo they didn't just add new animations for bikes / ATVs, they redid her trick animations for the kart too; so they might not even be willing to directly port those over from Tour for the alts. It also begs the question of if they would then merge Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and the diffferent Villagers and Inklings together for consistency. Just too much to think about, to the point where it probably isn't worth considering.

Obviously we'd get some alts like the additional Bros or Famicom Robot if Hammer Bro or R.O.B. made it in as new racers, but that's a seperate scenario. If they were to add any alts for existing characters at all, I feel these three would be the easiest by far to get away with:

MKT_Icon_CaptainToad.png

Captain Toad has his own problem of not actually being considered an alt in Tour, but for consistency with Explorer Toadette (who is an alt) they could probably overlook that. The issue with the main cast is that they have so many outfits to pick from it'd be weird to limit the selection to 1-3; but for these three, despite Toad and Toadette having other alts avaialble, I think you could reasonably square away them sticking with just these ones.

Not expecting anything though; I think an extra set of kart parts is the more likely additional content for Wave 5 or 6.
Come on, it shouldn't be that hard. I mean, we have Tanooki Mario and White Tanooki Mario. That's the same model with a different texture! Should be easily doable, right?

watches Mario Kart Tour gameplay footage

...oh come on, even they have unique animations from each other???

Come on, it shouldn't be that hard. I mean, we have Tanooki Mario and White Tanooki Mario. That's the same model with a different texture! Should be easily doable, right?

watches Mario Kart Tour gameplay footage

...oh come on, even they have unique animations from each other???
Why do the Mario kart devs put so much effort into their games 😭

/s obviously

Edit: Also I have a question, does anyone have an image of Mario kart 8 wii u’s starting roster (no unlockables or dlc) I’m trying to find an image and it’s pretty hard.

Last edited:

/s obviously

Edit: Also I have a question, does anyone have an image of Mario kart 8 wii u’s starting roster (no unlockables or dlc) I’m trying to find an image and it’s pretty hard.
Fq5Qh2YWYAE6vWq

EDIT: Whoops, includes unlockables.

/s obviously

from a few pages back
I’m just confused about why some people are so sure they can’t just shrink the icons again. It’s happened like four times in the lifecycle of Mario Kart 8 already. Remember what the vanilla roster looked like before anyone was unlocked, lol.

8ohbbb.jpg

MKT_Icon_CaptainToad.png

Yeah, since they didn’t end up combining any of the existing variants, I think the ship has likely sailed on getting any new variants of existing characters with the DLC, unfortunately… I don’t think they’d give us Captain Toad as a stacked variant of Toad since Captain Toad isn’t the same character as the “Toad” that’s playable in Mario Kart (the red-spotted, blue-vested Toad…though, arguably he may sometimes have blue spots as well, if the Toad in 3D World and Mario Maker 2 are really supposed to be the same character as Mario Wiki suggests for some reason). I imagine that’s why we don’t have alternate colors for Toad like we do for Yoshi, Shy Guy, and Birdo, too. And if Toad doesn’t get a Captain Toad variant, I can’t imagine Toadette getting one without him. So that leaves King Boo’s Luigi’s Mansion look, which I’d love to have in MK8D but I think it’d be weird if they gave us just that, so I wouldn’t expect it, personally.

Battle Mode has always felt oddly like an afterthought after the release of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Like it was ripe to give a whole bunch of options and additional playlists for, could have used a bunch of tweaks, etc. And then Nintendo just... didn't do anything else with it. It's like they felt obligated to fix it from the original release, did, and then never thought about it again. Which don't get me wrong, that took a lot of effort and development time... but it's just damn disappointing we finally got Battle Mode back for it to be kind of limited and not expanded upon more. I'd love to see it also finally get some new content here at the end, but I really, really doubt it. I feel damn lucky we got 6 characters out of this, I'll be floored if they give us even more.

Also, I swear, Nintendo is saving for something big DK related. There's supposedly a DK track coming in Tour, Diddy Kong hasn't shown up yet despite being like arguably the most important veteran to bring back, Funky Kong feels like just such a sensible choice for Mario Kart fans at this point.

And that's without mentioning the weirdness of NSO stuff. Like the GB and GBA launched without any DK game, despite the fact the GB especially has DK as an all time classic. None of them got shown off as a future release either. DK64 still hasn't been released, we got BOTH Goldeneye and Banjo-Kazooie before it released despite getting a re-release on the Wii U VC. Diddy Kong Racing is MIA too...

Like, what's up with DK and will Diddy/Funky (and dare I dream Dixie?) come with a new DK course that is also part of a much bigger DK branding push? I'd love to believe in that lol.

Battle Mode has always felt oddly like an afterthought after the release of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Like it was ripe to give a whole bunch of options and additional playlists for, could have used a bunch of tweaks, etc. And then Nintendo just... didn't do anything else with it. It's like they felt obligated to fix it from the original release, did, and then never thought about it again. Which don't get me wrong, that took a lot of effort and development time... but it's just damn disappointing we finally got Battle Mode back for it to be kind of limited and not expanded upon more. I'd love to see it also finally get some new content here at the end, but I really, really doubt it. I feel damn lucky we got 6 characters out of this, I'll be floored if they give us even more.

Also, I swear, Nintendo is saving for something big DK related. There's supposedly a DK track coming in Tour, Diddy Kong hasn't shown up yet despite being like arguably the most important veteran to bring back, Funky Kong feels like just such a sensible choice for Mario Kart fans at this point.

And that's without mentioning the weirdness of NSO stuff. Like the GB and GBA launched without any DK game, despite the fact the GB especially has DK as an all time classic. None of them got shown off as a future release either. DK64 still hasn't been released, we got BOTH Goldeneye and Banjo-Kazooie before it released despite getting a re-release on the Wii U VC. Diddy Kong Racing is MIA too...

Like, what's up with DK and will Diddy/Funky (and dare I dream Dixie?) come with a new DK course that is also part of a much bigger DK branding push? I'd love to believe in that lol.
dk94 is more of a mario game than a donkey kong game (the donkey kong brand was established by donkey kong country which the game predates, and you don't even play as donkey kong to begin with)
the gba doesn't have any really good donkey kong games, only king of swing and rare's remakes which aren't really better or worse than the snes ones already available in the expansion-less service

Battle mode honestly just kind of sucks. Everyone's nostalgic about it because it used to be super fun when we were kids, but now it's just not very good and certainly not worth playing over racing, so I understand why Nintendo would prioritized putting their resources on racing.

I’ve been saying it in other threads, but I think we are clearly gearing up for a big DK push. We just got DK Summit here which was awesome. I’m guessing we’ll get DK Mountain next wave and then the new DK course in Wave 6 with Diddy, Dixie, and Funky. (Petey and Pauline being in Wave 5)

Beyond that we have the Mario movie, allegedly a dedicated spin off movie, the theme park expansion, inevitable spinoff games, tons of new merch ahead including Lego DK, and a well rumored new game to look forward to.

One thing that I’d love to see added to MK8D in an update would be the ability to play online with a second player locally while using a second Switch profile. It’s frustrating how few Switch games support that feature. MK8D has you select a Mii for the second player, but they don’t actually get to use a separate account…

One thing that I’d love to see added to MK8D in an update would be the ability to play online with a second player locally while using a second Switch profile. It’s frustrating how few Switch games support that feature. MK8D has you select a Mii for the second player, but they don’t actually get to use a separate account…
there are dozens of us!

it was so cool in rocket league with my sister

Nintendo is just soooooooooo behind on things like this. We can only hope lol.

Quoted by: Tye
there are dozens of us!

it was so cool in rocket league with my sister
Seriously, it sucks that we have to use two Switch systems and two copies of the game if we want to play online together while keeping our online progress and logging our play time to our profiles (well, the latter wouldn’t matter much for the second player if they have their own Switch, I guess, since play time already gets fucked up when using the same account between multiple Switch systems, but still).

Nintendo is just soooooooooo behind on things like this. We can only hope lol.
I mean, it’s not like they don’t have games that do support it, like Mario Party Superstars, and they obviously made the feature in the first place. I just don’t understand why they don’t actually, y’know…use it more…

It’s the same with other features like online play invites and showing which mode of a game you’re currently playing in the Friend List (like how it shows which game you’re playing in the NSO apps). Why bother adding these features if you’re just going to ignore them most of the time, Nintendo?!

I mean, it’s not like they don’t have games that do support it, like Mario Party Superstars, and they obviously made the feature in the first place. I just don’t understand why they don’t actually, y’know…use it more…

It’s the same with other features like online play invites and showing which mode of a game you’re currently playing in the Friend List (like how it shows which game you’re playing in the NSO apps). Why bother adding these features if you’re just going to ignore them most of the time, Nintendo?!
To me it's because between the EPD teams (and certain cases like Sakurai, Sora LTD & Bandai Namco team with Smash Bros) they do not have a standardized implementation of various online features.

To me it's because between the EPD teams (and certain cases like Sakurai, Sora LTD & Bandai Namco team with Smash Bros) they do not have a standardized implementation of various online features.
But even EPD and other Nintendo teams don’t use the features most of the time, if at all! Like, take the Friend List thing, for example. The NSO apps use it, but then Super Mario 3D All-Stars, also by NERD, doesn’t! Why?! It’s just so weird.

So, what number of tracks do we have left for each game? I appreciate there's still a few unknown that could either be new or unknown retros.
SNES - 1
N64 - 0
GBA - 1 (Sunset Wilds due to music datamine)
GCN - 3
DS - 0
Wii - 2 (Koopa Cape due to banner datamine and possibly Rainbow Road to end off the pass due to prefix datamine and logic)
3DS - 0
Tour cities - 5 (Los Angeles Laps and Vancouver Velocity from music datamine and 3 currently unreleased Tour cities)
Tour nitros - 4

So, what number of tracks do we have left for each game? I appreciate there's still a few unknown that could either be new or unknown retros.
Thus far the datamined number of courses has been 100% on point, just the order has changed slightly

• 5 city tracks
  • 4 new non-city tracks
  • 3 GCN tracks
  • 2 Wii tracks (1 confirmed to be koopa cape)
  • 1 SNES
  • 1 GBA (confirmed to be sunset wilds)
The confirmed tracks are from the banner leak, it's also safe to assume LA Laps and Vancouver Velocity will be 2 of the 5 remaining city tracks (as they're the only 2 city tracks currently in Tour not in MK8D).

Not even just safe to assume, their music was datamined too. In fact, LA was pushed out of Wave 4.
I forgot about the music stuff, though even without it when there are 5 city tracks coming and only 2 left in Tour at the time of writing. It was far safer to assume those would be 2 of the 5 as opposed to Tour adding 5 more cities track and LA/Vancouver getting snubbed.

I'm not sure I understand what you said, but I think that is already possible?

Like, I play online with my husband, he plays with his account, his own Mii, and he has his own separate VR, which carries over just like mine. The only thing he can't do is play online on his profile without me, for that he would need a NSO subscription.

So, IIRC, there's three tracks left from GCN/Double Dash..
I don't know what is or what isn't a hint towards what a certain track could be, but could someone let me know if there's even the slightest bit of hint/evidence towards Daisy Cruiser, DK Mountain or Wario Colosseum? I've been dreaming of Dino Dino Jungle but I've let that dream die since then.

I don't know what is or what isn't a hint towards what a certain track could be, but could someone let me know if there's even the slightest bit of hint/evidence towards Daisy Cruiser, DK Mountain or Wario Colosseum? I've been dreaming of Dino Dino Jungle but I've let that dream die since then.
Daisy Cruiser, DK Mountain, and Dino Dino Jungle are in Tour so that already elevates those above Wario Colosseum. Also, they absolutely are not doing Wario Colosseum in 8DX after they already did Waluigi Stadium.

Daisy Cruiser is a given. Dino Dino Jungle is probably more likely than DK Mountain (we just got DK Summit and there's a leaked DK Tour track coming to the BCP). Wario Colosseum isn't happening, we got Waluigi Stadium instead. The last GCN track for the BCP is completely unknown. I'm thinking it's Bowser Castle.

Is there a guide to the current meta anywhere? My usual set up seems very slow. I've never paid that much attention before, but might play around with some different vehicle choices.

I'm not sure I understand what you said, but I think that is already possible?

Like, I play online with my husband, he plays with his account, his own Mii, and he has his own separate VR, which carries over just like mine. The only thing he can't do is play online on his profile without me, for that he would need a NSO subscription.
No, your husband isn’t playing with his own account, he’s just selecting his Mii. I’m not 100% certain how VR is handled for the second player in MK8D—it’s been a long time since I actually played online with my partner on the same system, but we have in the past and I just now checked to see what the VR is for the second player in my game and it’s just set to the default 1000 VR, suggesting that it’s not actually saved between sessions at all—but it’s definitely not being saved to another Switch profile, because it never prompts you to select a second profile, only a Mii (and Miis aren’t tied to specific profiles on Switch like they could be on Wii U).

What this means is that the second player doesn’t appear online on the Friend List as playing that game while they’re playing with you, their play time records aren’t being recorded at all (but there are issues with that across multiple Switch systems, anyway), and there’s no save data being saved to their account that they could carry over to their own Switch.

Some Switch games actually do allow you to select another profile when playing together so that both players get to use their own profiles and their own save data and all, but not very many games utilize this functionality, sadly. Off the top of my head, the only ones that I can recall are Mario Party Superstars and Fitness Boxing, plus Animal Crossing: New Horizons since it actually requires a profile for each player, though there may be some others that I’m forgetting.

EDIT: And Nintendo Switch Sports!! Dunno how I forgot that one since it’s the one we use that feature with most, lol.

Last edited:
Quoted by: Leo
No, your husband isn’t playing with his own account, he’s just selecting his Mii. I’m not 100% certain how VR is handled for the second player in MK8D—it’s been a long time since I actually played online with my partner on the same system, but we have in the past and I just now checked to see what the VR is for the second player in my game and it’s just set to the default 1000 VR, suggesting that it’s not actually saved between sessions at all—but it’s definitely not being saved to another Switch profile, because it never prompts you to select a second profile, only a Mii (and Miis aren’t tied to specific profiles on Switch like they could be on Wii U).

What this means is that the second player doesn’t appear online on the Friend List as playing that game while they’re playing with you, their play time records aren’t being recorded at all (but there are issues with that across multiple Switch systems, anyway), and there’s no save data being saved to their account that they could carry over to their own Switch.

Some Switch games actually do allow you to select another profile when playing together so that both players get to use their own profiles and their own save data and all, but not very many games utilize this functionality, sadly. Off the top of my head, the only ones that I can recall are Mario Party Superstars and Fitness Boxing, plus Animal Crossing: New Horizons since it actually requires a profile for each player, though there may be some others that I’m forgetting.

Man, I just checked, I booted up the game on my husband's profile and his stats are all saved there. He has 3527 VR, raced 401 times. The single player part of the game has almost nothing done, because he rarely plays alone on his profile:

20230312-140112.jpg

My profile and save is completely separate, I have my own VR and the single player is 100% completed.

20230312-140127.jpg

When we play online together on my profile, the game asks to select a second Mii. What you have to do is select the Mii that is tied to the other person's profile (from the User Mii list). If you pick from the Mii List, it will consider it a guest and it won't save anything:

20230312-140152.jpg

I'm really late to the party on this one, but I'm finally clearing out Wave 3's 200cc Cups, and dang, Boo Lake is a really fun track on 200cc. Short and intense! Requires some good use of the break drift, but you can have a lot of fun drifts if you nail it.

Man, I just checked, I booted up the game on my husband's profile and his stats are all saved there. He has 3527 VR, raced 401 times. The single player part of the game has almost nothing done, because he rarely plays alone on his profile:

20230312-140112.jpg

My profile and save is completely separate, I have my own VR and the single player is 100% completed.

20230312-140127.jpg

When we play online together on my profile, the game asks to select a second Mii. What you have to do is select the Mii that is tied to the other person's profile (from the User Mii list). If you pick from the Mii List, it will consider it a guest and it won't save anything:

20230312-140152.jpg
Huh, okay, so the second player can keep their own VR if they have save data on their profile on that Switch… My bad, sorry, I never realized that because my partner and I have always had our own Switch systems, and even though we also have each of our profiles signed in as secondary accounts on each other’s systems, we don’t have automatic save data transfer enabled (because we rarely play with our profiles on the other’s system, and when we do we just transfer the save data manually because it’s annoying how the system always prompts you about it upon launching a game if you enable automatic transfers), so they’ve never actually had any save data for MK8D on their profile on my Switch.

Still, while the save data for your VR can be used, my other points still stand; even though the second player can use their save data if they have it on the same system, they can’t actually be using their own profile while they play. Like, the standard Switch profile select menu isn’t used for the second player, and they’re not actually signed in and actively online with their profile while they’re playing; only the first player is. So you don’t see them online playing the game on the Friend List, and their play time records aren’t being recorded to their profile at all. So I was wrong about the save data, but the other stuff still stands. Honestly I would have never expected the game to be able to utilize another profile’s save data without actually being able to actively play using that profile, because I’ve never seen an instance of another game do that before. And really, that just kind of makes it even more bizarre to me—why would they give the option to use another profile’s save data but not actually allow you to actively play as that profile at the same time as other games like Fitness Boxing, Mario Party Superstars, and Nintendo Switch Sports allow?!

Last edited:
Quoted by: Leo
Is there a guide to the current meta anywhere? My usual set up seems very slow. I've never paid that much attention before, but might play around with some different vehicle choices.
The most common build right now is Rosalina/Cat Cruiser/Rollers/Cloud Glider, or some variation on that, which is going for a high mini-turbo stat as well as good speed and acceleration. Your build might feel slow with a high speed if you have bad mini-turbo, or if you lack acceleration to recover from getting hit.

You can compare your build to that using a tool like this or this and see what the difference is.

Still, while the save data for your VR can be used, my other points still stand; even though the second player can use their save data if they have it on the same system, they can’t actually be using their own profile while they play. Like, they’re not actually signed in and actively online with their account while they’re playing; only the first player is. So you don’t see them online playing the game on the Friend List, and their play time records aren’t being recorded to their profile at all. So I was wrong about the save data, but the other stuff still stands. Honestly I would have never expected the game to be able to utilize another profile’s save data without actually being able to actively play using that account, because I’ve never seen an instance of another game do that before.

Well, yeah, since we only use one Switch, it's only one account actually playing online. For me that works well, since it means I can play online with him without him needing to be subscribed to NSO.

I think an easy way to solve the problem in your case was to have a "bring a friend" function when playing online so you could always be together on the same lobby. But I think that's only possible playing split screen on one Switch currently.

The most common build right now is Rosalina/Cat Cruiser/Rollers/Cloud Glider, or some variation on that, which is going for a high mini-turbo stat as well as good speed and acceleration. Your build might feel slow with a high speed if you have bad mini-turbo, or if you lack acceleration to recover from getting hit.

You can compare your build to that using a tool like this or this and see what the difference is.
I choose Wario plus pipes plus slims purely for the aesthetics; the boost is comparably weak to the preferred build we're seeing but otherwise it's a good set up.

I can't help but notice this wave's discussion being more prolonged than the others. Guess those balance changes really had an impact.

Daisy Cruiser is a given. Dino Dino Jungle is probably more likely than DK Mountain (we just got DK Summit and there's a leaked DK Tour track coming to the BCP). Wario Colosseum isn't happening, we got Waluigi Stadium instead. The last GCN track for the BCP is completely unknown. I'm thinking it's Bowser Castle.
Bowser Castle from Double Dash would be awesome, it's my favourite Bowser track!

There's still another DK Tour track coming? Doesn't that make DK Mountain more likely than DDJ?

Back
Top Bottom