• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
This is probably it. The newly announced Direct for tomorrow will probably give us the first tease of Wave 6.

My guess for the one track they'll show will be Rome Avanti.
I'm thinking they show off Piranha Plant Cove and Piranha Plant Pipeline. They'll make a joke about both names being similar in the headline.

I think it will be one of the Piranha Plant tracks and DK Mountain.

I'm thinking they show off Piranha Plant Cove and Piranha Plant Pipeline. They'll make a joke about both names being similar in the headline.
Both of these make sense, could see it being either one. I’ll lean towards the double Piranha Plant combo.

Release timing for wave 6 will be interesting, given that we’re getting the Mario/Wario/Mario combo between 10/20 and 11/17. Part of me wonders if we’re gonna get wave 6 earlier than we think to avoid that, but it could also just as easily end up being another December release.

Here you go, the teaser for the final tour to have new content.
Gold Mario seems to have retained Coin Vacuum from the Gold Rush mode, but I doubt its active constantly - might be his special item.

I really hope we still get Wii Rainbow Road, really surprised with Daisy Circuit and the amount of characters being added. Peachette is really lame tho

The indignity of excluding Dixie Kong when they're adding more than two new characters, the INDIGNITY I say! Though Pauline is a surprise, felt she was a big enough name to hold back for MK10.

Daisy Circuit was a fav track from Wii, so happy to see that

I'd be shocked if we don't get Wii Rainbow Road, it's the easiest gimme possible. Daisy Circuit is most likely our final "missing" track. I'd bet decent money that the Acorn Cup is Madrid > Daisy > DK Mountain > PP Cove.

Cool to see that Nintendo said fuck it and gave us Funky and Pauline though.

wait it was possible to have both Pauline AND Funky at the same time?(and Peachette?)

we could have all just been friends this whole time?!

can't wait to see what this does to the select screen lol

I wonder if they are adding a new row or consolidating alts, pretty curious to see if there are any more characters being added, see no reason why not to add the remaining characters from Tour at this point.

I wonder if they are adding a new row or consolidating alts, pretty curious to see if there are any more characters being added, see no reason why not to add the remaining characters from Tour at this point.
Hopefully, but it doesn't look like it, since they have specifically specified that there are 4 characters.

Diddy, Funky and Pauline is possibly the best trio of characters they could add, so great.

But Peachette is... well... I think objectively the worst option in Mario Kart Tour. It's a transformation of Toadette (like tanooki or golden mario) but with Peach's appearance. They are going to put together some variations of characters (Villager, Inklings, Tanooki, etc) to make room for a """skin""" of Peach in the selection screen. Very very weird.

Also, im fine with Daisy circuit, but I hope we keep getting Rainbow Road. And there were a couple of seconds when Pauline was announced where I really thought they added a whole row of Tour characters lol.

Hopefully, but it doesn't look like it, since they have specifically specified that there are 4 characters.

Diddy, Funky and Pauline is possibly the best trio of characters they could add, so great.

But Peachette is... well... I think objectively the worst option in Mario Kart Tour. It's a transformation of Toadette (like tanooki or golden mario) but with Peach's appearance. They are going to put together some variations of characters (Villager, Inklings, Tanooki, etc) to make room for a """skin""" of Peach in the selection screen. Very very weird.

Also, im fine with Daisy circuit, but I hope we keep getting Rainbow Road. And there were a couple of seconds when Pauline was announced where I really thought they added a whole row of Tour characters lol.
Really glad we got the trio, I couldn't of imagine any of those three not making it. Peachette really feels like a waste, King Bob-omb would've been a much better pick.

Getting Diddy/Funky/Pauline when I felt one would have to boot out the other is a very pleasant surprise, even if Peachette is a total whatever pick who could've been Dixie/Nabbit/King Bob-omb.

peachette is only getting in because she's already just peach with some unique tricks. funky likely made it in for the same reason, since you can just use DK as a base.

anything else is a much bigger selling point that's probably being held onto for the next game or would've needed much more work to implement

I'm curious if Pauline gets a biker suit or not, honestly didn't think she'd get in because of no bikes being in Tour.

peachette is only getting in because she's already just peach with some unique tricks. funky likely made it in for the same reason, since you can just use DK as a base.

anything else is a much bigger selling point that's probably being held onto for the next game or would've needed much more work to implement
they're using the tour models (which is why they look so horrible) as a base, and if they do replace tanooki mario and cat peach, peachette literally could have been any other character.

they're using the tour models (which is why they look so horrible) as a base, and if they do replace tanooki mario and cat peach, peachette literally could have been any other character.
they are using the tour models, but the tour models don't have all the animations for bikes and ATVs as is and still need work.

the tour models also were heavily based on DK for Funky and Peach for Peachette. it's just not as much work when they can do the same in 8 while king bob-omb has a completely new animation rig that would need a lot more work to implement and could be a bigger selling point for mario kart next

it's the same reason why we got 3 baby princesses in 8 on wii u, they don't need to do the basic driving animations any differently.

Last edited:
Pack it up, Mushroom Bridge is not coming.
I'm glad about this, it would've been super redundant and Daisy Circuit is a better course.

On a less exciting note, the sizzle reel at the end + the holiday release window point towards it coming out after Mario RPG, meaning late November at the absolute earliest. We're gonna be waiting for a while still, it seems.

On a less exciting note, the sizzle reel at the end + the holiday release window point towards it coming out after Mario RPG, meaning late November at the absolute earliest. We're gonna be waiting for a while still, it seems.
I think it'll be a December release like last year, not a big deal waiting considering we got a lot coming out this Fall.

Lollllll at them showing the one course that would have been a surprise. I'm happy though! Love Daisy Circuit, will gladly take this over Mushroom Bridge. This explains why Moonview was the track moved up - they couldn't have Daisy Circuit and Daisy Cruiser in the same wave. Also lolllll at MKW getting 11 tracks while no other game gets more than 8. Once again, I feel very lucky as someone who grew up on MKW.

Also happy that Diddy, Funky, and Pauline will all be in the game! Not a fan of Peachette, hopefully she's an alt, or forces other clones to become alts. I wonder how they'll rearrange the character select screen to accommodate the extra two characters.

The "Holiday" release window makes me think we'll be waiting a while... but the highlighting of the previous wave is still pointing to a mid October release, so who knows.

Hope there's still a surprise coming. They made it very clear that this is the final wave, and while a final wave with Wii RR, DK Mountain, SNES BC3, Daisy Circuit, two nitros, and three cool characters is awesome, a couple new battle courses or game modes or something would make it even better!

Did not expect but was happily surprised to see Daisy Circuit. It's grown on me quite a bit in recent months so I'll take it. And yes, my man Diddy Kong made it! Couple of other guys did too, so that's neat.

Given the nebulous "Holiday 2023" release, I'll chalk this up for early December like Wave 3 last year. Final round of speculation is a go!

Alright! That was much better than expected!

I'm happy that not only just about everyone predicted Diddy, Funky and Pauline but we get both Kongs + Peachette as a bonus! Guessing Peachette will be an alternate skin over Peach and not a separate character.

Daisy Circuit is great, glad to see it.

Alright! That was much better than expected!

I'm happy that not only just about everyone predicted Diddy, Funky and Pauline but we get both Kongs + Peachette as a bonus! Guessing Peachette will be an alternate skin over Peach and not a separate character.

Daisy Circuit is great, glad to see it.
If anything Peachette is a Toadette skin.

My guess as to how the character select screen is gonna be handled: The Mii icon will be moved to be outside of the 6x8 rectangle, and either Pauline or Diddy Kong will take its place, with Diddy/Pauline and Funky Kong taking the two empty DLC slots. Peachette will be an alt for Toadette.

That’s the only way I can really see it working while looking decent without completely changing the character select screen.

They could change the DLC column on the right to a DLC row on the bottom for a 7x7 grid, though they'd be short a spot for character #50. I guess Peachette as a Toadette alt works

I genuinely believe Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are going to be stacked onto Mario and Peach, while Pauline and Peachette go in those slots respectively. Diddy will be Koopaling row, Funky will be guest row. Boom, done.

None of the DLC characters are going to be skins/alts. In any case, they will make two slots joining Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Inklings or Villagers.

I genuinely believe Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are going to be stacked onto Mario and Peach, while Pauline and Peachette go in those slots respectively. Diddy will be Koopaling row, Funky will be guest row. Boom, done.

That sounds good. Nice and clean.

Basically they should give the options that Sakurai and his team gave for Smash Ultimate with the CSS.

Oh this feels like the best solution so far visually speaking.

The girls all together on the top row will look like it was supposed to be that way from the start, and while Diddy and Funky being a million miles away from DK is odd, at leat they're together.

Back
Top Bottom