• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Also, for anyone like me who didn’t watch the video initially, Wii Moonview Highway will also be in the next Tour, further throwing the ID speculation out the window. Think we’re just too far out at this point to trust it, there doesn’t seem to be any consensus about the ordering.

Rome is apparently a nighttime course, so that's enough to distinguish it from Athens in my eyes. Athens is also a lot more focused on the countryside compared to what I'm picturing Rome to be like.
Yeah, I can absolutely see them making the two cities distinguishable. They did a great job of making Bangkok and Singapore feel very different in the same cup despite geographic/thematic overlap

Out of Dry Dry Ruins, Koopa Cape, and Moonview Highway…

I’d take Moonview Highway any day of the week. The music is superb.

I would take Moonview Highway too. One of my favourite Wii tracks and by far my favourite traffic course in Mario Kart ever. I never thought we would actually see it in Tour.

Sad it will probably not come to MK8DX.

It was mentioned earlier, but internationally they’re already through 6 tracks, with wait times being as short as 4 days between previews. Could come much sooner than late July.
Following up on this, the US only had to wait 4 days for their second track preview. Shouldn’t take long at all.

Rome is a natural choice as its one of the most iconic cities of the world due to its history and such

Barcelona would also be a great fit because of its unique architecture and everything related to Gaudi.

I can't believe we are getting Wiggler lmao, so glad to see Petey and Kamek though. Really curious on the last two, assuming a Kong blowout with both Diddy and Funky as I cannot imagine them skipping over Diddy again and I'd be shocked if Wii doesn't get a new driver.

Love the character picks. Too bad we didn't get a date. I'm guessing late July/early August?
I think it's coming much sooner than that. The Wave Spotlights pattern suggests we're looking at mid July. However, they couldn't reveal the full lineup of tracks because the third city track in the Wave hasn't been revealed for Tour yet (Rome).

vol05_character_thumb01.png
vol05_character_thumb02.png

vol05_character_thumb03.png
vol05_character_thumb04.png

vol05_character_thumb05.png
vol05_character_thumb06.png

Disappointed not to have a date, and not to see any retros, but ecstatic to see Petey, Kamek, and Wiggler(!?). Wonder who's getting sacrificed out of Diddy, Funky, and Pauline...

Hopefully we're only a couple weeks away.

We don't know the other tracks, could still be coming this wave.
If the datamines are still accurate, Squeaky Clean Sprint will be the only Nitro track in this Wave. Wave 5 has three city tracks (Athens, Los Angeles, and Rome), Koopa Cape, Sunset Wilds, and most likely SNES Bowser Castle 3 and Mushroom Bridge.

If the datamines are still accurate, Squeaky Clean Sprint will be the only Nitro track in this Wave. Wave 5 has three city tracks (Athens, Los Angeles, and Rome), Koopa Cape, Sunset Wilds, and most likely SNES Bowser Castle 3 and Mushroom Bridge.
True, I have a feeling some tracks may be switched around the last two waves,

We’ve seen swaps happen before, could easily happen again if they don’t have Rome ready

I'm guessing the chances of Daisy Cruiser coming back are next to none now, since Wave 6 is likely to be a Kong-focused wave with the return of Funky Kong and Diddy, and the last track is probably DK Mountain in that case.

I'm guessing the chances of Daisy Cruiser coming back are next to none now, since Wave 6 is likely to be a Kong-focused wave with the return of Funky Kong and Diddy, and the last track is probably DK Mountain in that case.
There's four GCN tracks in the datamine. We already got Waluigi Stadium, so that leaves three more. Daisy Cruiser is still coming!

We haven't even seen the two GCN courses coming in this wave yet.

There isn't two coming in this Wave (for now). Two GCN tracks are more likely for Wave 6.
Ah that's right, I keep forgetting about the datamined prefixes as most of the predictions lately have been pushing two GCN tracks for this wave.

Last prediction before the wave 5 :

Wave 5

Feather
Tour Athens
GCN Mushroom Bridge
Wii Koopa Cape
Tour Rome

Cherry
Tour Los Angeles
GBA Sunset Wilds
SNES Bowser Castle
Bathroom

Wave 6

Acorn
Tour Vancouver
GCN Daisy Cruiser
mobDK (Sarasaland)
Piranha Plant Cove

Spiny Shell
Tour mobMD (Madrid)
GCN Mountain DK
??? (new track)
Wii Rainbow Road

The only track that bothers me is the Daisy Cruiser, I can't seem to place it in a coherent way if mobDK really is Sarasaland.

Last edited:
Last prediction before the wave 5 :

Wave 5

Feather
Tour Athens
GCN Mushroom Bridge
Wii Koopa Cape
Tour Rome

Cherry
Tour Los Angeles
GBA Sunset Wilds
SNES Bowser Castle
Bathroom

Wave 6

Acorn
Tour Vancouver
GCN Daisy Cruiser
mobDK (Sarasaland)
Piranha Plant Cove

Spiny Shell
Tour mobMD (Madrid)
GCN Mountain DK
??? (new track)
Wii Rainbow Road

The only track that bothers me is the Daisy Cruiser, I can't seem to place it in a coherent way if mobDK really is Sarasaland.
Yeah, I doubt Daisy Cruiser and Daisy Kingdom would come in same wave. I think it increases the odds of Daisy Cruiser being in Wave 5 and either Mushroom Bridge or Bowser's Castle moved to Wave 6

Okay, so, I definitely didn’t see Wiggler making the cut, but I’m still very much expecting Diddy Kong and Pauline. Guessing this is what our final character select screen will look like:

FzKa5GFaYAAvRtc

No Hammer Bro, unfortunately, but I guess Wiggler instead is fine (though it would have been really cool to get Boomerang Bro, Fire Bro, and Ice Bro alts).

surprised to see Wiggler lol. i just hope Funky Kong > Diddy as Funky is the most iconic within MK's history. or both is fine.

Okay, so, I definitely didn’t see Wiggler making the cut, but I’m still very much expecting Diddy Kong and Pauline. Guessing this is what our final character select screen will look like:

FzKa5GFaYAAvRtc

No Hammer Bro, unfortunately, but I guess Wiggler instead is fine (though it would have been really cool to get Boomerang Bro, Fire Bro, and Ice Bro alts).
Hmm weird that Diddy wouldn't be in the same row as DK. Could they skip around spots? For example, have Kamek next to the Koopalings in 5th row and leave 4th row blank for now to be filled with Diddy later?

Quoted by: Tye
Hmm weird that Diddy wouldn't be in the same row as DK. Could they skip around spots? For example, have Kamek next to the Koopalings in 5th row and leave 4th row blank for now to be filled with Diddy later?
I don’t see them moving around icons now, unfortunately. Birdo was the first DLC character and took the top spot, so they’ll almost certainly continue to order them by release, which means Kamek takes the spot in Donkey Kong’s row. It would be weird for Diddy to be in that row regardless, since there would still be four character between him and Donkey Kong. The dream of a nicely arranged character select screen died with Wave 4 and Birdo’s addition, sadly. =P

Also, very much looking forward to the disappointment of Funky fans when Diddy ends up being the only Kong to make the cut, lol. I mean, Funky over Diddy? Really?? C’mon.

I've just read the most far-fetched theory, a new surprise characters line in Wave 6:
"It doesn't seem impossible that we'll have Cranky, Dixie, Diddy, Funky, Pauline, King Bob-omb.
6 characters for Wave 6 seems absolutely likely after what we just had in Wave 5."

Some people mix dreams and reality, but you've got to admit that his proposition makes you wish haha

Now that SCS is teased as the Wave 5 nitro, what are the chances that it and MobDK switch spaces in the speculated tour timeline? It would be weird for MobDK to come in Tour first at this point.

Back
Top Bottom