• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
What does everyone think the last Nitro track will be? We already have Piranha Plant Cove, MOB-BR is either Bathroom or Bedroom, and MOB-DK is apparently Sarasaland. The last one is completely unknown. It doesn't appear to be coming to Tour either if the datamines are correct. Did it get cancelled so another Retro course can come to the Pass, or is it Switch exclusive?

What does everyone think the last Nitro track will be? We already have Piranha Plant Cove, MOB-BR is either Bathroom or Bedroom, and MOB-DK is apparently Sarasaland. The last one is completely unknown. It doesn't appear to be coming to Tour either if the datamines are correct. Did it get cancelled so another Retro course can come to the Pass, or is it Switch exclusive?
My big hope that probably won’t happen, Fire Field from F-Zero with the tube/pipe gameplay.

Nothing screams fun like being the first person eliminated in a 12 player lobby and having to wait 5-10 minutes for everyone to get eliminated.
Tour fixed this by having eliminated players appear around the track and throwing items to hit other players. It's a really neat way to keep all players engaged and reduced wait time since those player also contributed it.

If "last man standing" return in the next game, this will probably be incorporated.

So, if the BCP will appear next week in the Direct, then it will either:
-just be a teaser with one or a few tracks and maybe the characters;
-be the full package (but it has Vancouver Velocity instead of the new “Rio” one because that one isn’t revealed in Tour by then);
-be the full package (and they don’t mind “Rio” is shown in MK8DX before Tour).

Place your bets! :D

-be the full package (but it has Vancouver Velocity instead of the new “Rio” one because that one isn’t revealed in Tour by then);

Just the teaser imo.

If we do get a teaser next week what are you are your guesses for tracks and characters they might tease?

My guess is 2 tracks and 1 character - Piranha Plant Cove and Koopa Cape with Pauline teased.

If we do get a teaser next week what are you are your guesses for tracks and characters they might tease?

My guess is 2 tracks and 1 character - Piranha Plant Cove and Koopa Cape with Pauline teased.
If we get Piranha Plant Cove teased, isn’t it more logical to have Petey alongside it as well?

Also, if we get PPC… You don’t think we will get an entirely “new” track? (New as in it will end up in Tour 2 weeks later)

If we get Piranha Plant Cove teased, isn’t it more logical to have Petey alongside it as well?

Also, if we get PPC… You don’t think we will get an entirely “new” track? (New as in it will end up in Tour 2 weeks later)
I feel they’ll save Petey for launch as a surprise since people like Pauline more even though it’ll seem weird at first. I’m sticking with the original division of courses for guessing to be clear, though I am getting persuaded by datamine findings.

If we did get two new courses, then Sarasaland is the clear course for the teaser. I’ll still stick with Pauline as the character. I’ll keep Koopa Cape too.

I can see Diddy Kong coming. If there's one character to add after Birdo, it's him. Nintendo seems to want to correct its omission of characters by adding others, and starting with Birdo is significant because it's an omitted recurring character. So I think Diddy would make sense if he came second, he's the second most missing recurring character, and the correction will finally be made.

I think we can imagine a pretty smart marketing scheme here:
Wave 4 : a recurring character (Birdo)
Wave 5 : a recurring character + a new one from Tour
Wave 6 : a new one from Tour + two returning fan favorites ; what a thrilling way to end it all!

I'd go with something like:
Wave 5 : Diddy + Kamek
Wave 6 : Pauline + Petey Piranha + Funky Kong

I can see Diddy Kong coming. If there's one character to add after Birdo, it's him. Nintendo seems to want to correct its omission of characters by adding others, and starting with Birdo is significant because it's an omitted recurring character. So I think Diddy would make sense if he came second, he's the second most missing recurring character, and the correction will finally be made.

I think we can imagine a pretty smart marketing scheme here:
Wave 4 : a recurring character (Birdo)
Wave 5 : a recurring character + a new one from Tour
Wave 6 : a new one from Tour + two returning fan favorites ; what a thrilling way to end it all!

I'd go with something like:
Wave 5 : Diddy + Kamek
Wave 6 : Pauline + Petey Piranha + Funky Kong
My guess is they’ll save Diddy for DK Mountain in Wave 6, but I’d love to have him with Dixie and Funky sooner than later.

My guess is they’ll save Diddy for DK Mountain in Wave 6, but I’d love to have him with Dixie and Funky sooner than later.
I'm not sure that every character will necessarily be announced with a track that matches him. What would be most appropriate for Pauline right now would be... the bathroom track ? In addition, DK Mountain could also be used to announce Funky Kong, if Diddy Kong is announced on another track.

We know or at least can guess a lot of things, but there are still so many possibilities! This BCP will have kept us captivated right to the end haha

I’ll continue my optimism and say that we get option #2. Don’t think we’re waiting another full month.

I'm not sure that every character will necessarily be announced with a track that matches him. What would be most appropriate for Pauline right now would be... the bathroom track ? In addition, DK Mountain could also be used to announce Funky Kong, if Diddy Kong is announced on another track.
Is there an asset-related reason to believe MobDK is a jungle-themed track? I've been expecting it to be Donkey Kong arcade themed, perfect for Pauline

Is there an asset-related reason to believe MobDK is a jungle-themed track? I've been expecting it to be Donkey Kong arcade themed, perfect for Pauline
Nope. All we have is the name. If anything, datamining points towards it being related to Daisy and deserts more than anything (hence the Sarasaland speculation) but it’s fairly flimsy.

I’ll continue my optimism and say that we get option #2. Don’t think we’re waiting another full month.
I'm starting to think that more and more, too.

But if it's just a little teaser, I could see them showing us Koopa Cape... if it's in the wave of course, good summer atmosphere and a well-loved track, it seems appropriate for a teaser.
Or how about Bowser's Castle SNES with Kamek...? Seems smart for a good dose of hype.
Or simply the nitro track, whether it's Piranha Plant Cove (in which case Petey Piranha is probably included) or one that's not yet on Tour.

I'm thinking 1-2 courses in a teaser next week. Have they ever revealed the full trailer in a Direct before? I would love to get a look at whatever the next Nitro is.

My guess in the Direct is we will get 2 tracks (1 retro and 1 from Tour - a city or nitro) and a character debuted. (I'm gonna guess there's 2 in Wave 5 so hope they show both)

So they could be like "here's what's coming in Wave 5" with GCN Daisy Cruiser and Tour LA Laps while showing playable Diddy Kong.

Last edited:
They're already up to Mario Circuit internationally apparently. Reveal is imminent 👀

Definitely imminent. Wave 3 spotlights wrapped up on 3/1 which was exactly a week before the 4th wave dropped. Wave three preview schedule was:

1/30 - Spotlight 1
2/9 - wave 4 preview trailer (I think this was just a reposting of the trailer from the direct on 2/8)
2/15 - Spotlight 2
2/22 - Spotlight 3
3/1 - Spotlight 4
3/8 - Wave 4 released

A good assumption would be a similar schedule:
6/16: Wave 4 Spotlight 1
Week of 6/25: Wave 5 Preview (Direct trailer repost)
Week of 7/2: Spotlight 2
Week of 7/9: Spotlight 3
Week of 7/16: Spotlight 4
Week of 7/23: Wave 5 release

Please note that this isn’t an exact science though. Wave 2 and Wave 1 spotlights both concluded at least a month before the launch of the following wave. So I would say the earliest is looking like late July with late August or early September being the latest in terms of a release window.

Definitely imminent. Wave 3 spotlights wrapped up on 3/1 which was exactly a week before the 4th wave dropped. Wave three preview schedule was:

1/30 - Spotlight 1
2/9 - wave 4 preview trailer (I think this was just a reposting of the trailer from the direct on 2/8)
2/15 - Spotlight 2
2/22 - Spotlight 3
3/1 - Spotlight 4
3/8 - Wave 4 released

A good assumption would be a similar schedule:
6/16: Wave 4 Spotlight 1
Week of 6/25: Wave 5 Preview (Direct trailer repost)
Week of 7/2: Spotlight 2
Week of 7/9: Spotlight 3
Week of 7/16: Spotlight 4
Week of 7/23: Wave 5 release

Please note that this isn’t an exact science though. Wave 2 and Wave 1 spotlights both concluded at least a month before the launch of the following wave. So I would say the earliest is looking like late July with late August or early September being the latest in terms of a release window.
It was mentioned earlier, but internationally they’re already through 6 tracks, with wait times being as short as 4 days between previews. Could come much sooner than late July.

So this would be announced tonight, right? Would they really announce both the Tour version and the MK8D version in the same day?
It could be like a Sky High Sundae situation, reveal the “new” track in it’s own trailer (or in this case the direct), then the Tour trailer drops like normal on Friday.

So this would be announced tonight, right? Would they really announce both the Tour version and the MK8D version in the same day?
Tomorrow night.

This is lowkey making me think that Wave 5 is imminent. I don't want to get too crazy but I could see:

Tomorrow morning: Wave 5 fully revealed in the Direct (including MobDK)
Tomorrow night: MobDK revealed for Tour
Thursday/Friday: Wave 5 released
Next Tuesday: MobDK debuts in Tour

I just can't see MobDK debuting in Tour before 8D if it is indeed the "new" (SHS / YI) track of the wave.

Edit: NVM

Last edited:
👀Apparently dataminers now predicting MobDK coming in NEXT tour:

So much for mobDK standing for "Daisy Kingdom," lol. As cool as it would be to see Sarasaland in 3D, it always felt like a pipedream.

This is the Kingdom I'm hoping to see:

junglekingdom.png

Hey guys, I remember reading that there was a possibility to see Madrid at MKT. I don't really like the city, but as a Spanish I would have liked to see a city from my country.

Is it still possible or has it already been ruled out with some update? It has been a while since I have looked at leaked data about it.

Hey guys, I remember reading that there was a possibility to see Madrid at MKT. I don't really like the city, but as a Spanish I would have liked to see a city from my country.

Is it still possible or has it already been ruled out with some update? It has been a while since I have looked at leaked data about it.
I believe it's still in the cards. For now at least.

Sounds like Rome is in the next Tour, so now Wave 5 becomes very interesting. Wave 5 is most likely releasing sometime in the next three weeks. Does Rome get put into the Booster Course Pass in the middle of its debut Tour?

There is still one more city to come with the file name MD. Madrid is still the best theory for that course

Sounds like Rome is in the next Tour, so now Wave 5 becomes very interesting. Wave 5 is most likely releasing sometime in the next three weeks. Does Rome get put into the Booster Course Pass in the middle of its debut Tour?
They could sneak it into the Wednesday/Thursday after the next Tour ends if that really matters for them. As long as it exists in Tour beforehand, they’ve got the flexibility to do whatever they want.

Just comes down to whether they want Athens and Rome in the same wave or not, guess it’ll depend on what they end up doing for Rome. Won’t have to wait long, thankfully.

They could sneak it into the Wednesday/Thursday after the next Tour ends if that really matters for them. As long as it exists in Tour beforehand, they’ve got the flexibility to do whatever they want.

Just comes down to whether they want Athens and Rome in the same wave or not, guess it’ll depend on what they end up doing for Rome. Won’t have to wait long, thankfully.
I could see them putting Athens and Rome in the same wave. Wave 4 had Bangkok and Singapore in the same cup as geographically close locations. Maybe they see them as thematically linked?

I could see them putting Athens and Rome in the same wave. Wave 4 had Bangkok and Singapore in the same cup as geographically close locations. Maybe they see them as thematically linked?
That’s fair (Berlin and London were also in the same wave) but Greece and Rome are pretty closely intertwined for most people, regardless of how accurate that really is. Also depends on the visual direction of Rome, Bangkok and Singapore look and play very differently.

Again, we won’t have to wait long, which is nice.

Rome is apparently a nighttime course, so that's enough to distinguish it from Athens in my eyes. Athens is also a lot more focused on the countryside compared to what I'm picturing Rome to be like.

Rome is apparently a nighttime course, so that's enough to distinguish it from Athens in my eyes. Athens is also a lot more focused on the countryside compared to what I'm picturing Rome to be like.
Oh hell yeah, that’s awesome. Improves its odds a lot for wave 5.

Back
Top Bottom