• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
With them releasing so many new retros lately, how confident are we that the following tour only has Lakeside Park? Could a new nitro be alongside it?

With them releasing so many new retros lately, how confident are we that the following tour only has Lakeside Park? Could a new nitro be alongside it?
Mondo is expecting the last remaining Wii track, probably Moo Moo Meadows based on everything else in the Tour.

Seems unlikely that they’ll ever drop a nitro and a retro in the same tour tbh.

Mondo is expecting the last remaining Wii track, probably Moo Moo Meadows based on everything else in the Tour.

Seems unlikely that they’ll ever drop a nitro and a retro in the same tour tbh.
That makes sense! Definitely looks like July and August will be exciting with all the new tracks

For the people better versed in MK than me, anyone have a good estimate of the next wave's arrival? I'm jonesing for more Wii courses

Alphabetically the remaining Wii course could only be Moo Moo Meadows, Mario Circuit or Moonview Highway. The former has badges / advertisements referencing it but cannot happen unless a software update adds the Moo Moo object, as it currently doesn't exist. The other two could happen anytime since any special objects they would need (Chain Chomp for the former; vehicles and toll gates for the latter) already exist on other courses.

EDIT: Whoops, totally misread this as being about Tour lol. The most likely spot for Wave 5 to drop right now would be on the week of July 21st. Every wave so far has had a promotional Tour coinciding with the launch to advertise it; for Wave 1 they reran Ninja Hideaway; for Wave 2 they added Sky High Sundae; for Wave 3 they reran Ninja Hideaway and for Wave 4 they added DS Mario Circuit.

None of the retro tracks we're expecting to see this month are going to be in the Booster Course Pass though, and unless Vancouver is moved up a wave we're still waiting on another city to appear in Tour:
  • June 14th - N64 Mario Raceway, GBA Luigi Circuit and GCN Waluigi Stadium; the latter is already in and the other two won't be in BCP.
  • June 28th - GBA Lakeside Park and likely the final Wii track (either Mario Circuit, Moo Moo Meadow or Moonview Highway); none of these will be in BCP.
  • July 12th - Next new city track, alphabetically between Paris and Singapore (Rio, Rome, Seoul, Shanghai, etc); needs to show up in Tour before 8DX.
  • July 26th - Next new non-city track.
A launch for Wave 5 after the next city is introduced but before the next non-city track can release in Tour (so they can advertise it as an 8DX original) is the perfect spot; and that spot is the week of July 21st.

Last edited:
I’m really starting to look forward to Wave 5. The overwhelming amount of games coming out and that we have 32 extra tracks already definitely doesn’t have me chomping at the bit as I was for prior waves, but a lot of the expected and predicted courses look like a lot of fun and I’m eager to see who the new characters are.

Alphabetically the remaining Wii course could only be Moo Moo Meadows, Mario Circuit or Moonview Highway. The former has badges / advertisements referencing it but cannot happen unless a software update adds the Moo Moo object, as it currently doesn't exist. The other two could happen anytime since any special objects they would need (Chain Chomp for the former; vehicles and toll gates for the latter) already exist on other courses.

EDIT: Whoops, totally misread this as being about Tour lol. The most likely spot for Wave 5 to drop right now would be on the week of July 21st. Every wave so far has had a promotional Tour coinciding with the launch to advertise it; for Wave 1 they reran Ninja Hideaway; for Wave 2 they added Sky High Sundae; for Wave 3 they reran Ninja Hideaway and for Wave 4 they added DS Mario Circuit.

None of the retro tracks we're expecting to see this month are going to be in the Booster Course Pass though, and unless Vancouver is moved up a wave we're still waiting on another city to appear in Tour:
  • June 14th - N64 Mario Raceway, GBA Luigi Circuit and GCN Waluigi Stadium; the latter is already in and the other two won't be in BCP.
  • June 28th - GBA Lakeside Park and likely the final Wii track (either Mario Circuit, Moo Moo Meadow or Moonview Highway); none of these will be in BCP.
  • July 12th - Next new city track, alphabetically between Paris and Singapore (Rio, Rome, Seoul, Shanghai, etc); needs to show up in Tour before 8DX.
  • July 26th - Next new non-city track.
A launch for Wave 5 after the next city is introduced but before the next non-city track can release in Tour (so they can advertise it as an 8DX original) is the perfect spot; and that spot is the week of July 21st.
What are your platform guesses for the last two waves Mondo? I’ve been sticking with the original banner leak breakdown for the most part.

So Wave 5: 3 Tour, 1 New, 1 GCN, 1 Wii, 1 SNES, 1 GBA

Wave 6: 2 Tour, 3 New, 2 GCN, 1 Wii

Just did a clean swap for Wii and GCN between Waves 3 and 6 when Maple Treeway got bumped up.

What are your platform guesses for the last three waves Mondo? I’ve been sticking with the original banner leak breakdown for the most part.

So Wave 5: 3 Tour, 1 New, 1 GCN, 1 Wii, 1 SNES, 1 GBA

Wave 6: 2 Tour, 3 New, 2 GCN, 1 Wii

Since it looks like the GCN choices are pretty much locked in (waiting until tomorrow to claim that definitively though), it's difficult to imagine Daisy Cruiser OR Mushroom Bridge being in Wave 6 given they are relatively easy Flower Cup courses. I figure Koopa Cape (Star Cup Wii track just like Maple Treeway, which was initially slotted in Wave 6) or Bowser Castle 3 (works well enough as a climactic track by theming alone) are the most likely options to swap out with; definitely not Sunset Wilds though.

Since it looks like the GCN choices are pretty much locked in (waiting until tomorrow to claim that definitively though), it's difficult to imagine Daisy Cruiser OR Mushroom Bridge being in Wave 6 given they are relatively easy Flower Cup courses. I figure Koopa Cape (Star Cup Wii track just like Maple Treeway, which was initially slotted in Wave 6) or Bowser Castle 3 (works well enough as a climactic track by theming alone) are the most likely options to swap out with; definitely not Sunset Wilds though.
I think Sunset Wilds could be in wave 6, I can imagine it being the "easy track" of the wave.
I can't imagine this with Mushroom Bridge neither, as it's definitely too easy (I think it was originally intended for wave 4, but Stade Waluigi's delay has made it wave 5).
With Bowser's Castle 3 it's that there won't be a slightly "simpler" track, as there has been in every wave, so I wouldn't bet on it.
So, I think it's between Koopa Cape and Sunset Wilds for wave 6, with Mushroom Bridge being the "simpler track" of wave 5.

For the people better versed in MK than me, anyone have a good estimate of the next wave's arrival? I'm jonesing for more Wii courses
I’m more optimistic than the rest here, think it’s June or July depending on how the next few Tours are themed. There doesn’t seem to be a consensus on what the ID updates are pointing towards (one spreadsheet interpreted then differently, not sure what became of that) and the next Tour could be themed after Piranha Plant Cove.

In any case, I just don’t buy that we’re gonna wait for 4.5+ months for the next wave after the release gaps have continually gotten shorter. Not to mention that the speculated week of July 21st is pretty much a no go by default due to Pikmin 4 releasing that same week. At best, we might get an announcement that week.

Oh, we'll know tomorrow what the three GCN courses are for sure?

Oh, we'll know tomorrow what the three GCN courses are for sure?
I think they’re referring to Tour datamining. There hasn’t been any internal updates in a long time, so if that holds through tomorrow then we’ll have pretty good evidence as to whether there are any more GCN tracks planned for Tour.

Assuming that there aren’t, then we can pretty safely assume that Mushroom Bridge, Daisy Cruiser, and one of DK Mountain/Dino Dino Jungle (almost certainly the former) are the final three tracks.

please give us Dino Dino Jungle instead Nintendo
Fellow Dino Dino Jungle enjoyer

mujikcboro-seriymujik.gif

Apologies if this has been looked at recently, but I picked the game back up over the weekend and became curious about future DLC. So taking a look at that banner leak from months, I see that there were some changes.

Turnip Cup: No changes
Propeller Cup: No changes
Rock Cup: Maple Treeway (Wii) instead of Peach Gardens (DS)
Moon Cup: Peach Gardens (DS) instead of Waluigi Stadium (GCN)
Fruit Cup: Riverside Park (GBA) instead of unnamed DS track
Boomarang Cup: Bangkok Rush (Tour) instead of Los Angeles Laps (Tour); Mario Circuit (DS) instead of unnamed GBA track

So if we stick with this leak's remaining tracks, we have the following left to take up four cups:

SNES: 1
N64: RIP
GCN: 3 (the original Waluigi Stadium slot wasn't replaced with another GCN track)
GBA: 1, Sunset Wilds
DS: RIP
Wii: 2
3DS: RIP
Tour: 5, including Los Angeles Laps and Vancouver Velocity
New Tracks: 4

Not sure if more recent leaks will invalidate this, but out of 16 remaining tracks, we only seem to know 3 of them.

Apologies if this has been looked at recently, but I picked the game back up over the weekend and became curious about future DLC. So taking a look at that banner leak from months, I see that there were some changes.

Turnip Cup: No changes
Propeller Cup: No changes
Rock Cup: Maple Treeway (Wii) instead of Peach Gardens (DS)
Moon Cup: Peach Gardens (DS) instead of Waluigi Stadium (GCN)
Fruit Cup: Riverside Park (GBA) instead of unnamed DS track
Boomarang Cup: Bangkok Rush (Tour) instead of Los Angeles Laps (Tour); Mario Circuit (DS) instead of unnamed GBA track

So if we stick with this leak's remaining tracks, we have the following left to take up four cups:

SNES: 1
N64: RIP
GCN: 3 (the original Waluigi Stadium slot wasn't replaced with another GCN track)
GBA: 1, Sunset Wilds
DS: RIP
Wii: 2
3DS: RIP
Tour: 5, including Los Angeles Laps and Vancouver Velocity
New Tracks: 4

Not sure if more recent leaks will invalidate this, but out of 16 remaining tracks, we only seem to know 3 of them.
Technically we know of 4 (Koopa Cape was also leaked) but it isn’t particularly difficult to pinpoint what the remaining tracks will be given that Tour development is seemingly wrapping up.
  • Out of all the SNES tracks in Tour, Bowser Castle 3 runs circles around everything else in terms of effort put into the design.
  • For the GCN tracks, there’s only 4 remaining options, and two of them share the same general theme. Given that DK Mountain is the more popular track between the two and had more effort pit into it, it feels like a safe bet along with Cruiser and Bridge.
  • The final Wii track was planned to be the final track in the entire BCP. Given that Wii Rainbow Road is in Tour, that’s about as close of a lock as you can get.
  • That just leaves the Tour tracks, and it’s also a fairly easy assumption that they’re all gonna make the jump. That gives us Athens and Piranha Plant Cove, along with the remaining nitros coming to Tour over the next few months
Technically you’re correct, we only know of 4 tracks. But given the state of Tour, the overall track selection is pretty easy to figure out. Only unknowns are the remaining nitro and city tracks, and the very slim chance that something got cut outright.

I think that the battle modes should shift just like in Splatoon. And just like Clam Blitz, I would be glad if they forget about Renegade Roundup in the next game.

Seems that no one plays them and this shows in the lack of the new battle maps in this DLC.

Technically we know of 4 (Koopa Cape was also leaked) but it isn’t particularly difficult to pinpoint what the remaining tracks will be given that Tour development is seemingly wrapping up.
  • Out of all the SNES tracks in Tour, Bowser Castle 3 runs circles around everything else in terms of effort put into the design.
  • For the GCN tracks, there’s only 4 remaining options, and two of them share the same general theme. Given that DK Mountain is the more popular track between the two and had more effort pit into it, it feels like a safe bet along with Cruiser and Bridge.
  • The final Wii track was planned to be the final track in the entire BCP. Given that Wii Rainbow Road is in Tour, that’s about as close of a lock as you can get.
  • That just leaves the Tour tracks, and it’s also a fairly easy assumption that they’re all gonna make the jump. That gives us Athens and Piranha Plant Cove, along with the remaining nitros coming to Tour over the next few months
Technically you’re correct, we only know of 4 tracks. But given the state of Tour, the overall track selection is pretty easy to figure out. Only unknowns are the remaining nitro and city tracks, and the very slim chance that something got cut outright.
giphy.gif

One of my toxic traits is believing that one of the new tracks in wave 6 has been cut and we will get DS Airship Fortress :D

I think that the battle modes should shift just like in Splatoon. And just like Clam Blitz, I would be glad if they forget about Renegade Roundup in the next game.

Seems that no one plays them and this shows in the lack of the new battle maps in this DLC.

I mean historically the races have always been more popular than the battle mode. I'm glad they added everything in MK8D though cause Battle mode in MK8 was so uninspired and bland. It was shocking then lol.

We really shouldn't have another game with these rotations. Splatoon 3 has been pushing it.

That would be even worse in my opinion. Would've made them much less popular than it is now.

Battle Mode works surprisingly well in Tour and it's a blast to play since they went back to being one man standing again. So it got decent players online (though this was partly due to it being an easy way to rack up scores for free pipes)

Yeah I would love a little update allowing us to play "last man standing" battle. Like in CTR and Smash Bros. Timed battles just aren't that fun.

And if they wanted to throw in a couple of new battle stages too, that would be great!

Third Tour in a row with no ID increases; just closing gaps now. No gap after Peach Circuit either, which rules out of a few of the potential options for the final GBA track after Luigi Circuit. Kinda feel like the writing is on the wall at this point for Tour being near the end of its life.

Mario_Kart_ID_Gap_Q2.png

It's so over for this game.

Mario_Kart_ID_Gap_June.png

We are still missing one nitro track for the BCP, right ?
We know we are going to have Piranha Plant Cove, mobBR and mobDK, but there was another one without a prefix on the leak.
There is no clue about it coming to Tour actually, or am I mistaken or misunderstang something?

Last edited:
Interesting to note that Waluigi Stadium doesn’t have the antigravity platforms in Tour. Another example of the devs changing the geometry of the tracks themselves in Wave 4.

We know we are going to have Piranha Plant Cove, mobBR and mobDK, but there was another one without a prefix on the leak.
There is no clue about it coming to Tour actually, or am I mistaken or misunderstang something?
It looks like the last Nitro will be Switch exclusive!

Yeah, that’s why I think one nitro may be scrapped

And we will get Airship Fortress instead

Yeah I would love a little update allowing us to play "last man standing" battle. Like in CTR and Smash Bros. Timed battles just aren't that fun.

And if they wanted to throw in a couple of new battle stages too, that would be great!
Nothing screams fun like being the first person eliminated in a 12 player lobby and having to wait 5-10 minutes for everyone to get eliminated.

They could make it like the MK64 battle mode where you turn into a bomb when you are eliminated. You can't win, but you sure can decide who loses!
That only worked then because it was at most 4 players. They tried doing something like that with the ghost mechanic in vanilla MK8 and everyone agreed it was fucking awful. Even if the "ghost" were visible, it still would make the final 4-6 turn into a mess of immortal ghost harassing people.

I mean, people love Battle Royales for a reason lol

Battle royale works for 2 reasons

1) There's tons of players (30+)
2) When you're eliminated you can instantly jump into a new round with other x people who died quickly.

When you have a smaller lobby (4-16 people), you really want to keep that lobby together to speed up match making and rematches. If people could drop out in a 12 player lobby, the final 2-3 would be stuck waiting.

Chocobo GP would be the best way to handle a battle royale in MK imo, have 64-128 players, final 4 advance to the next round. This could work for racing or battle mode.

It looks like the dataminers have swapped the timing of MobBR and MobDK again. Now MobDK is predicted to be the sooner course.
Given how often the order has been swapped around, I don’t think there’s really a definitive order at all after the next Tour. We’re probably gonna get our last set of retros, and then it’ll be all new content from there.

Given how often the order has been swapped around, I don’t think there’s really a definitive order at all after the next Tour. We’re probably gonna get our last set of retros, and then it’ll be all new content from there.
It's certainly looking that way. I'm not entirely sold on Lakeside Park and Moonview Highway showing up together. It's an odd combo.

Exciting times ahead! :D

Lakeside Park and Moo Moo Meadows for like an Animal Tour or something wouldn't be too weird in my opinion.

They could make it like the MK64 battle mode where you turn into a bomb when you are eliminated. You can't win, but you sure can decide who loses!
They also did this in vanilla 8, where you would become a ghost. The final spots were often decided by who had made the least enemies throughout the match (and therefore the least ghosts chasing them). Fun times

If we do indeed get the final two retros in the next tour, it’d almost certainly be Moo Moo Meadows. There isn’t anything pointing specifically towards Moonview.

Moo Moo Meadows can't happen next Tour since there's no Moo Moo object. If the Wii track is next Tour it'd have to be either Mario Circuit or Moonview Highway, since any object they require already exists in Tour for other tracks. Meadows does fit far better with the speculated Tour theme, which was my personal hang-up on it, but one or two tracks breaking theme isn't abnormal; the current Tour is all circuit tracks except Waluigi Stadium and Ghost Valley 1.

What if the last nitro was a track using all the monuments from the cities? The cities were the main feature of the DLC, so it would be like a celebration.

Back
Top Bottom