• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Serious Lady Emily accuses Chuggaconroy of sexual harassment

Yeah, it's getting worse (spoiled because NSFW):

As disturbing as the conversations from 2010 are, the most damning part to me are the screenshots from 10+ years later, where he literally says "want to do that thing we used to do as teenagers" - that man has absolutely zero remorse and has not changed or grown one bit, regardless of what he says at this point.

He’s done. This guy is gonna go the way of Tobuscus at this point. An increasingly decaying YouTube channel until eventually he’s just completely forgotten about outside of “whatever happened to…?” videos and ultimately end up as just another relic of the internet.

Hey uh, looks like Tim has an update about the situation with Emile via reddit

(you guys can look further into what else Tim's been saying as there is more, and that he stated there was some bad wording in the third comment I listed which someone else managed to apparently catch on and cleared up for him.)

Apparently Emile hasn't been in his house (which Tim lives in) for at least the past two days now, and he's apparently has no access to own phone.

Based on the wording, It seems like the initial situation with Emily and others (prior to the new allegation he got, do note.) seemingly overwhelmed him and that Emile seemingly or likely attempted suicide (I guess from severe remorse?) sometime after that poor apology he did and thus is now in a psychiatric ward.

Last edited:
Hey uh, looks like Tim has an update about the situation with Emile via reddit

(you guys can look further into what else Tim's been saying as there is more, and that he stated there was some bad wording in the third comment I listed)

Apparently Emile hasn't been in his house (which Tim lives in) for the past two days now, and he's apparently has no access to own phone.

Based on the wording, It seems like the initial situation with Emily and others (prior to the new allegation he got, do note.) seemingly overwhelmed him and that Emile may have likely attempted suicide (I guess from severe remorse?) and thus is now in a psychiatric ward.

Reading more into the comments (and personal experience), if he has his phone and can talk to people, it's far more likely to be a voluntary psychiatric hold. Which isn't great either but at least he recognized to call for help.

In either case, while I do hope he recovers and continues to seek help, I am more worried about the victims and hope they aren't harassed for this (which, given the track record, is probably a vain hope).

Reading more into the comments (and personal experience), if he has his phone and can talk to people, it's far more likely to be a voluntary psychiatric hold. Which isn't great either but at least he recognized to call for help.

In either case, while I do hope he recovers and continues to seek help, I am more worried about the victims and hope they aren't harassed for this (which, given the track record, is probably a vain hope).
From what I can interpret or try to interpret, Emile is thinking the same and it looks like this detail was intentionally left out, mainly out of fear that people will start the usual witchhunting (on twitter) and start harassing and flaming the victims for pushing him to attempt suicide. (and like I said, do note that this is all before the new allegations came out, although I assume Emile likely knows now.)

Tho it's probably too late now, especially since this is out now, and may not take long for Tim's comments to spread.

And he doesn't have his phone, the phone he uses is I assume one that is from the ward/hold he's in. Tim mentioned he has no access to his actual phone. It can just be assumed he can occasionally make calls to close ones but will remain locked up in the ward he’s in for who knows how long for the foreseeable future. Could be weeks, or even months.

Last edited:
Damn, this situation keeps getting worse :/

This is so sad for everyone involved, and it genuinely makes me sad
This whole situation is just a massive mess. First you have the first allegations with Emily with people starting to take sides, Emile’s apology which people initially respected until Masae came out and just nuked all of that + those other allegations, then grooming allegations from way back, and now an apparent suicide attempt from Emile where he’s now locked himself up into psychiatric ward. (which based on the timeline was done sometime after his shit apology and before his new allegations but he likely knows anyways)

FeelsBad for any of his last remaining friends which they have to witness all of this, especially Tim and Jon. Getting slammed with those initial allegations was one thing, now it’s gotten worse for them with those new allegations and Emile’s supposed suicide attempt back to back.

This whole situation is just a massive mess. First you have the first allegations with Emily with people starting to take sides, Emile’s apology which people initially respected until Masae came out and just nuked all of that + those other allegations, then grooming allegations from way back, and now an apparent suicide attempt from Emile where he’s now locked himself up into psychiatric ward. (which based on the timeline was done sometime after his shit apology and before his new allegations but he likely knows anyways)

FeelsBad for any of his last remaining friends which they have to witness all of this, especially Tim and Jon. Getting slammed with those initial allegations was one thing, now it’s gotten worse for them with those new allegations and Emile’s supposed suicide attempt back to back.
Yeah, it's really saddening. It kept getting worse and worse as more layers were peeled off.

On the bright side, at least Nintendo CapriSun is stable and can help himself and Emile.

But more importantly, I hope the fanbase behaves and don't decide to pester and molest the victims.

Yeah, it's really saddening. It kept getting worse and worse as more layers were peeled off.

On the bright side, at least Nintendo CapriSun is stable and can help himself and Emile.

But more importantly, I hope the fanbase behaves and don't decide to pester and molest the victims.
nah, you know how it’ll result. It’ll just be a massive flame war on twitter like if it was a gladiator fight in Rome’s colosseum. Worst of the worst like the cesspool it is.

The chat logs Werster posted are fucking horrifying, and for it to be from long ago makes it seem Chugga has been doing this for years with many other victims... it's beyond vile.

It's nice to see that Antdude and the others are amplifying the voices of those who need to be heard right now. Chugga's rabid fan base is being exceptionally awful towards anyone who speaks out against him. We should stand with the victims.

I'm stunned, I was one of the more "give him a chance to grow" people when this started... but I can't say that in good faith anymore. I do hope he grows and learns from this, but the damage is done. Emile is so tainted it ruins all his old content for me, which especially hurts since TRG helped me get through some rough spots in life.

Ultimately this isn't about me, it's about the many victims over a decade who've had to live with the trauma of what happened to them, and I hope they can finally begin to heal.

I'm stunned, I was one of the more "give him a chance to grow" people when this started... but I can't say that in good faith anymore. I do hope he grows and learns from this, but the damage is done. Emile is so tainted it ruins all his old content for me, which especially hurts since TRG helped me get through some rough spots in life.

Ultimately this isn't about me, it's about the many victims over a decade who've had to live with the trauma of what happened to them, and I hope they can finally begin to heal.
yeah Im the same. But there’s really no way he can come back after that. Probably for the better, for the victims and himself. I still wish for him to grow and go do himself a favor and get intense help tho.

Although I don’t think I need to do that considering he is doing so, except….not for what I thought since he is getting intense therapy but not exactly because of the allegations but because he apparently attempted suicide due to the aftermath of the allegations (before the new ones, do note. It was from Emily and the others. But he definitely knows now.) after he posted his apology (which ofc turned out to be shit), and is now locked up in a psychiatric ward.

Jesus Christ what the fuck. I could only stomach select few quotes, but just delete yourself off of the internet at this point.

"You know, it's funny. When you look at someone through rose colored glasses, all the red flags just look like flags"

No coming back from all this.

He was one of the first youtubers I followed regularly since maybe 2009 or 2010, but I fell off in the last 5 years or so after his content stopped being as enjoyable. I still checked in occasionally and was excited to see him cover Black/White 2, but found it hard to sit through a single episode. His content just wasnt for me anymore but I was grateful of how many games, some of which I consider all time favorites, I discovered just because of him.

I never would have imagined all this out of him though. Stuff like what he's been doing is inexcusable and I can only imagine how horrible it must have been for the victims to see the entire internet treat him like a wholesome idol knowing what he's really been like.

The only other ones in his friend group I ever really followed are Stephen and Mal from Stephenvlog. They're nice and I know this situation is probably devastating to them. I hope to see something from them soon, because the thought that he may have done this kind of stuff to Mal fills me with the searing rage of a thousand suns.
---------

I'll guess I'll just say...to everyone who have discovered some of your favorite games through him, please dont let him taint your memories and experiences with them. The comfort, the stories, the adventures you've had in those worlds are your own and far exceed the one who introduced them to you. You and the game made those good memories, not him. I hope the next time you think about or play those games, you can have as much a good time as you always did. Those experiences belong to you, and Chuggaconroy can never take that away.

Jon's unfollowed Emile on twitter so that's likely an indication that he's cutting ties.

And Tim has another update:

I'll note that according to the comments, his girlfriend is Scottish.

And I'll post more of Tim's comments if I find anything else he further says overtime since he's technically the only person that people can get updates out of regarding Emile.

Last edited:
Don't know anything about Tim beyond this thread but hopefully he finds a new (and affordable) place to live soon. I'm sure that house is filled with memories with his friend that will only serve as painful reminders and it's best not to be involved with someone moneywise in this type of situation.

Don't know anything about Tim beyond this thread but hopefully he finds a new (and affordable) place to live soon. I'm sure that house is filled with memories with his friend that will only serve as painful reminders and it's best not to be involved with someone moneywise in this type of situation.
So I'll provide some backstory on the house thing and some small info about Tim:

Tim (NintendoCaprisun) is one of Emile's (Chuggaaconroy) closest and longtime friends. He'll probably find a new place at some point, but the reason he's even living there is because he was in a very shit spot back in 2021 due to various physical and mental health issues and Emile decided to invite him into his place to live in where he's been living there with him since then. And he was also having financial troubles and his declining YT channel wasn't helping, so living with Emile was basically Emile's way of helping him out of a jam since there was a high probability that he could've gone homeless.

And it will likely serve as painful reminders, but unlike most of what friends Emile even has left did, Tim is intentionally choosing not to cut ties with Emile. Which if I had to speculate and interpret why, it's a combination of still wanting to see a longtime friend to at least better himself and thus wants to see through it all and returning the favor since he did help him out during a time he was in a dire situation and decided to do the same with him. It's probably/likely questionable for him to continue remaining with him, but if you want me to be frank here, it's probably a good thing that he chose to essentially watch over him and not completely cut ties. Mainly because I'm more afraid of how Emile would react and what he could potentially do if everyone he ever knew completely cuts ties with him, even if he is doing that himself anyways since he's apparently doesn't want his old friends to be associated with him because of his actions. He already tried to commit suicide already (it happened before the new allegations he got slammed with), who knows what else could happen :/

Last edited:
So I'll provide some backstory on the house thing and some small info about Tim:

Tim (NintendoCaprisun) is one of Emile's (Chuggaaconroy) closest and longtime friends. He'll probably find a new place at some point, but the reason he's even living there is because he was in a very shit spot back in 2021 due to various physical and mental health issues and Emile decided to invite him into his place to live in where he's been living there with him since then. And he was also having financial troubles and his declining YT channel wasn't helping, so living with Emile was basically Emile's way of helping him out of a jam since there was a high probability that he could've gone homeless.

And it will likely serve as painful reminders, but unlike most of what friends Emile even has left did, Tim is intentionally choosing not to cut ties with Emile. Which if I had to speculate and interpret why, it's a combination of still wanting to see a longtime friend to at least better himself and thus wants to see through it all and returning the favor since he did help him out during a time he was in a dire situation and decided to do the same with him. It's probably/likely questionable for him to continue remaining with him, but if you want me to be frank here, it's probably a good thing that he chose to essentially watch over him and not completely cut ties. Mainly because I'm more afraid of how Emile would react and what he could potentially do if everyone he ever knew completely cuts ties with him, even if he is doing that himself anyways since he's apparently doesn't want his old friends to be associated with him because of his actions. He already tried to commit suicide already (it happened before the new allegations he got slammed with), who knows what else could happen :/

I understand the situation and I'm not saying that he should completely cut ties with Emile but I think for his own well-being that he should probably get a new place soon if possible. He'll think of Emile every time he walks into that place. If money issues do arise, it has the potential to create an even bigger rift. What if Emile can no longer make payments? Does Tim take on the burden of taken on all the expenses by himself? What if Tim suddenly finds himself homeless because those payments can't be made? I don't see it as being beneficial to either party. I think Tim can continue to be a friend to Emile while also progressing on with his own life.

I had something to say but. I don't feel even as disgusted as I should.
I've reflected on my past experiences with men like this. and I just kinda accepted that sometimes these people would exist both irl and online.

unfortunately hes one of many. sometimes i thought I was bringing it only on myself for trying to interact with communities that aren't welcoming to women in this case would be the general gaming one, but now I realize that's crazy as hell, to pretend to be a man so I don't get sent weird stuff online form time to time.

I hate how people can still defend him in the slightest after this. even if most didn't do it one doing something like this would make talking with anyone online feeling uneasy, which just sucks.

it's just such an awful situation to see play out, as it brings up similarly bad memories for me as it kept getting worse. the feeling of just keeping that stuff secret because you don't know what the fans of the creator or friends in a group would do is so socially pressuring.

it seems his friends didn't enable it though which is like, the only good thing that even came out of this. it was just one creep and not a group, hopefully.
idk jsut seeing people on that reddit post lamenting that he wont be able to make an oddyssey lets play jsut, really really angers me in ways i dont know how to vocalize.

its the same shit that happens to me, and many other owman and so many people treat it like its the one instagint all this thats the real loss.

i watched some of his lets plays and i can get the appeal, he introuduced me to pikmin.

I guess people can have thier own feelings on the outcome but.

idk, its jsut so unsatisying to see it met with total apathy in some places. im glad that the majority i've met however are reaosanble, it really is jsut a couple unsavory pockets more than a gnerliazation of the entire community being bad.

sorry for the kinda unfocused rant, there wass no real purpose or point, other than to get my feelings out on it ig, I dont ussualy like expressing myselfl personally, but even though i wasnt invovled in this sitation at all, i jsut feel so dehumanized looking at the replies in some places.

while it really means nothing coming from me im proud of all the people who came out wihit their stuff, it's so intensly scary and nervewrakcing to do something like that.

especially when the person in question is well liked or popular. getting handwaved away feels like a bad punch to the stomach.

I feel like a geniunely need therapy after this since i had watched this guy since i was a young kid and saw him as a role model / even picked up a few game series that i am still event today a fan of because of him

Also loved how organized and knowledgeable he was about games

i even liked his modern, essay style review of paper mario.

And now all of that is tainted, because hes a weird creepy pedo. Its like a part of my brain that houses innocent childhood memories went completely dark

It sucks to know kids these days are developing para social relationships at an even higher rate, this shit can fuck you up

I feel like a geniunely need therapy after this since i had watched this guy since i was a young kid and saw him as a role model / even picked up a few game series that i am still event today a fan of because of him

Also loved how organized and knowledgeable he was about games

i even liked his modern, essay style review of paper mario.

And now all of that is tainted, because hes a weird creepy pedo. Its like a part of my brain that houses innocent childhood memories went completely dark

It sucks to know kids these days are developing para social relationships at an even higher rate, this shit can fuck you up
I think such horrible acts by public persons could help young people to identify similar behavior in their environment more easily.

I think such horrible acts by public persons could help young people to identify similar behavior in their environment more easily.
young people these days eat up content from right wing streamers who barf out “edgy” and harmful takes ad nauseum. I’m sorry to say but your take here is sunshine and rainbows, not reality

At the very least, I think it goes without saying that Chugga's content shouldn't be allowed on Fami anymore. There are much, much deeper and more important issues than this, and he's probably not going to make new content for a long while if ever, but we shouldn't be welcoming what he has made here.

Mostly caught up now and wow did things get way worse really fast, jesus christ. 2000's era internet was definitely something else but it's still really jarring to look back on now.

At the very least, I think it goes without saying that Chugga's content shouldn't be allowed on Fami anymore. There are much, much deeper and more important issues than this, and he's probably not going to make new content for a long while if ever, but we shouldn't be welcoming what he has made here.
I mean is anyone really going to post content from them now given their reputation? It seems like they're permanently leaving the internet so I wouldn't have thought there'd be need to worry about people sharing their stuff from now on.

Mostly caught up now and wow did things get way worse really fast, jesus christ. 2000's era internet was definitely something else but it's still really jarring to look back on now.

I mean is anyone really going to post content from them now given their reputation? It seems like they're permanently leaving the internet so I wouldn't have thought there'd be need to worry about people sharing their stuff from now on.
You'd be surprised.

There’s still going to be countless that’ll remain OOTL regarding Emile since most likely haven’t paid attention or kept up with recent news etc.

There’s still going to be countless that’ll remain OOTL regarding Emile since most likely haven’t paid attention or kept up with recent news etc.
The only reason the Sticker Star videos were posted was because a lot of people here dislike SS as well, so for many of us it was cathartic. That's the only time I can see anyone here ever shared or discussed Chugga's content before this controversy happened (and his reactions to mario rpg/ttyd remakes, but I'd classify that under hating SS :p). If Chugga had done the Blair or Jirard thing of going "lalala can't hear you" and continuing to pump out content, 99% of their content was let's play content, the SS analysis was a one of anger project that wasn't likely to repeat. I can't think of the last time anyone shared footage from a LP on any of the message boards I post on (gamefaqs, era, here, install base) not counting people finding clips of Emile being into feet as a result of the initial controversy.

As of right now the only banned content on this site related to content creators is right wing bigots, someone who defended a banned IP and had a history of questionable content, and known liar Zippo. I can't speak for the mod/admin team, but I imagine they haven't felt the need to ban channels like Illumanaghi or The Completionist as nobody was sharing their content before or afterwards in any capacity that an official decree was needed. The same will likely be true of CC if he attempts a comeback.

Last edited:

Just some further updates from the previous comments Tim made that were posted here, and they'll probably be the last comments from him for now. (since he keeps getting barraged by people wanting updates where the TRG subreddit has asked people to stop at this point.)

And I guess, for the sake of further responses from those closely or somewhat affiliated to Emile and TRG: Amber (the one that made a Make a Wish with TRG/Emile and was the reason for TRG's MP DS LP) made a twit thread about the situation:

(and yes, it's not like what many are thinking and saying and has caused many divided takes and backlash, which she expects/expected, some were even harassing and flaming her for the thread from what I can see. And incase why she said what she said, from what I can interpret and find, TRG and especially Emile were very important aspects of her life as they were basically her sources of comfort while she was battling cancer so it's not really easy for her to cut ties, and unlike many, she actually still wants Emile to return in the future when he's gotten a full grip of himself. It's likely shocking for many but considering the context and background, it's frankly not hard to understand. It can be seen as her still being in denial and still coping, and may probably be, but you have to understand her background for why she responded like this. She's probably one of the most affected by this considering, which I mentioned in an earlier sentence, meeting TRG and especially Emile(?) was her Make-A-Wish and is probably the most affiliated/high profile fan of TRG since well...she was the reason why one of their LPs happened.)

And furthermore:

Someone was in Jon's stream and said that Jon said he's completely aware of everything towards Emile but still isnt ready to talk about it. Can't blame him considering this was his longtime best friend we're talking about and he already has to deal with another longtime friend (Jirard aka The Completionist) having a different scandal which was already likely a massive slam to him mentally.

Unless some further allegations come up or something, this is probably going to be the last we hear about Emile and what's up for the time being.

Edit: oh wait I forgot:
] There's a possibility that SomeOrdinaryGamers may make a vid on this, and if you're wondering if that's a good thing: No It's not. His fanbase is actually toxic and he's often been labeled as a clout chaser, so he could potentially make the situation worse for literally everybody, from Emile to the victims themselves. And he has a 3.6 mill sub count which is larger than Emile and everyone in TRG combined. So if he makes a vid on the situation, expect everything to get more toxic and worse. And considering what he does when doing vids (from what I can tell), he could potentially drag TRG as the "same as him" which will definitely make shit 1000 times worse since I believe he leans more into the drama side than anything else which really isn't great. Not guaranteed but unfortunately still a possibility, and anyone else caught up in the shit will just be collateral damage.

Last edited:
"This is the most lucid I think I've seen him since last summer" is interesting. It sounds like he's needed help for a while.

I don't think he's an irredeemable monster but it's clear he does not respect the boundaries of women, that the power of being a youtube star has gone to his head, and that he pushes his fetish in normal conversations with other people. All of these things are gross, inappropriate and need to be addressed. I hope he can work on himself to become a better man and that all the women he harassed find their peace. I especially feel for Lady Emily whose name was dragged through the mud before more information came out.

Muta deciding to cover it is going to make things much much worse for Emile's victims and for Jon and Tim. I really hope he doesn't do something inflammatory like insinuate it's the fault of Tim and/or Jon.

Just some further updates from the previous comments Tim made that were posted here, and they'll probably be the last comments from him for now. (since he keeps getting barraged by people wanting updates where the TRG subreddit has asked people to stop at this point.)

And I guess, for the sake of further responses from those closely or somewhat affiliated to Emile and TRG: Amber (the one that made a Make a Wish with TRG/Emile and was the reason for TRG's MP DS LP) made a twit thread about the situation:

(and yes, it's not like what many are thinking and saying and has caused many divided takes and backlash, which she expects/expected, some were even harassing and flaming her for the thread from what I can see. And incase why she said what she said, from what I can interpret and find, TRG and especially Emile were very important aspects of her life as they were basically her sources of comfort while she was battling cancer so it's not really easy for her to cut ties, and unlike many, she actually still wants Emile to return in the future when he's gotten a full grip of himself. It's likely shocking for many but considering the context and background, it's frankly not hard to understand. It can be seen as her still being in denial and still coping, and may probably be, but you have to understand her background for why she responded like this. She's probably one of the most affected by this considering, which I mentioned in an earlier sentence, meeting TRG and especially Emile(?) was her Make-A-Wish and is probably the most affiliated/high profile fan of TRG since well...she was the reason why one of their LPs happened.)

And furthermore:

Someone was in Jon's stream and said that Jon said he's completely aware of everything towards Emile but still isnt ready to talk about it. Can't blame him considering this was his longtime best friend we're talking about and he already has to deal with another longtime friend (Jirard aka The Completionist) having a different scandal which was already likely a massive slam to him mentally.

Unless some further allegations come up or something, this is probably going to be the last we hear about Emile and what's up for the time being.

Edit: oh wait I forgot:
] There's a possibility that SomeOrdinaryGamers may make a vid on this, and if you're wondering if that's a good thing: No It's not. His fanbase is actually toxic and he's often been labeled as a clout chaser, so he could potentially make the situation worse for literally everybody, from Emile to the victims themselves. And he has a 3.6 mill sub count which is larger than Emile and everyone in TRG combined. So if he makes a vid on the situation, expect everything to get more toxic and worse. And considering what he does when doing vids (from what I can tell), he could potentially drag TRG as the "same as him" which will definitely make shit 1000 times worse since I believe he leans more into the drama side than anything else which really isn't great. Not guaranteed but unfortunately still a possibility, and anyone else caught up in the shit will just be collateral damage.

Muta talks about a lot of stuff he never ends up making a video on

But yea, knowing what he’s been making content on lately, it does seem likely.
It’s the classic case of pretty much all the details being known yet some scum dramatuber has to basically repeat what everyone is already thinking while the sheep in the comments section praise the most unoriginal thoughts of all time.
MoistCritical, Asmongold, etc are just the same way it’s such tiresome content at this point

This isn’t going to help anything, it’s just going to make things worse for the victims (Emily, Masae, etc) as well as those left in the rubble like Tim, Jon, and Lucahjin. Absolutely horrible.

I don't think you should have a platform when you have had the repeated behavior of sexually soliciting/harassing (underage) people online.

You can consider that being cancelled, but honestly I think it'd help the person in question to get their shit in order and focus on other stuff.

I don't necessarily think he's unredeemable (tho he's a piece of shit if you don't mind me saying) but I don't think he'll learn anything if he keeps being an online content creator.

Tbh I'd be in favour of this thread being locked at this point - drama youtubers making videos about the situation is not helpful for anyone when there isn't any new information from victims, and I don't think it's a good idea for this to turn into a speculation thread about Chuggaconroy either. Already a little wary that too many people are speculating on things like his health & career, and drowning out the important stuff from his victims.

At the very least those types of videos & discussions should be banned from being posted if anything like that comes out in the future.

Yeah I agree the thread should be winded down/closed. It sounds like he's vanishing off the internet (good) and the main points have been covered. What an unfortunate situtation.

ye thinking about it now, thread should probably be closed or at least "abandoned" now since that's all that we should know now, and (hopefully) should be all. Emile's already getting help so he can hopefully just get a grip while also having someone hold him accountable if he's at it again or he relapses (which Tim is already doing I believe.), and for the better of everyone, he's already going to be out of the internet for a long while so we won't be hearing from him anytime soon. If ever, although frankly he'll probably return but not after a significant amount of time. And if he does, there's nothing we can unfortunately do about it and he'll already be mostly isolated with his rep permanently tainted regardless. But he'll still need someone to watch over him at all costs in order to hold him accountable if he relapses into his previous long ongoing behavior.

Now to I guess hope there's nothing else and the victims can just recover and eventually finally move on without issue, with ofc with no third party making shit worse.

ProtonJon has published a response.

Quick TLDR;
  • TRG is on indefinite hold, likely permanent.
  • Recorded but not published projects won't be published for the time being, it wouldn't be right to do it as if nothing happened. They may be published later down the line, but don't expect it any time soon.
  • Jon is distancing himself professionally from Emile but is hoping he betters himself personally (same thing Tim seems to be doing).
  • Colosseum is losing the TRG branding but will continue (without Emile). Tim and Jon agree that the good Colosseum does outweighs losing one person.
  • Thrown Controllers will continue with Jon and Tim, but convention dates might have to be moved around a bit for the current year.
  • Jon and Tim might look into starting a new channel and bringing in some of their other friends to keep the "spirit" of TRG going. This will take a few months as both need some time off from this to recover and isn't set in stone yet.
Additionally, the TRG channel will be left as-is and Jon is hiring the editor for TRG videos to work on other projects so he doesn't lose the work he had for that (both of these were confirmed in twitter comments rather than the response).

Very little of this is surprising (kinda saw a response like this from Jon coming) and I do hope both Jon and especially Tim can find their footing from all this. I can't imagine how devastating this stuff must be to learn about someone you thought you knew.

Quick TLDR;
  • TRG is on indefinite hold, likely permanent.
  • Recorded but not published projects won't be published for the time being, it wouldn't be right to do it as if nothing happened. They may be published later down the line, but don't expect it any time soon.
  • Jon is distancing himself professionally from Emile but is hoping he betters himself personally (same thing Tim seems to be doing).
  • Colosseum is losing the TRG branding but will continue (without Emile). Tim and Jon agree that the good Colosseum does outweighs losing one person.
  • Thrown Controllers will continue with Jon and Tim, but convention dates might have to be moved around a bit for the current year.
  • Jon and Tim might look into starting a new channel and bringing in some of their other friends to keep the "spirit" of TRG going. This will take a few months as both need some time off from this to recover and isn't set in stone yet.
Additionally, the TRG channel will be left as-is and Jon is hiring the editor for TRG videos to work on other projects so he doesn't lose the work he had for that (both of these were confirmed in twitter comments rather than the response).

Very little of this is surprising (kinda saw a response like this from Jon coming) and I do hope both Jon and especially Tim can find their footing from all this. I can't imagine how devastating this stuff must be to learn about someone you thought you knew.
It's worse for Jon cause he already got slammed with the Jirard scandal (the charity fraud) which was only 3-4 months ago so he was already dealing with the fallout of a longtime friend, and then not too long after he gets slammed with having to witness allegations from another longtime friend except its worse cause it was towards one of his best and closest friends for a longass time.

I'm not sure how much of this is the truth, but he's at least taken steps to improve himself so I have to commend him for that but that's as far as I'll go. Still don't think I can support him. Best of luck to him going forward.

Also fair warning: it's a heavy read. Not just in terms of length, but in terms of subject matter. It goes into quite a bit of stuff. Like, stuff that needs a trigger warning (he's put trigger warnings in his statement, but figured I'd give a heads up.)

I'm glad that Chuggaa is taking this situation seriously.

EDIT: Crossing out that second part, shouldn't have said that

Last edited:
The amount of people going "Lady Emily is the bad guy" and "Emile is the true victim" on social media is sickening. Not even Chugga is saying that, just....people can't help themselves in trying to redeem guys and villainize women, can they?

Back
Top Bottom