• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Serious Lady Emily accuses Chuggaconroy of sexual harassment

Maronic03

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him

This is very recent, we may learn more in the next few hours. For now, those pics speak for themselves.

Fucking yikes

Dunno why not being a creep is such a hard concept for so many. It really sucks Lady Emily had to put up with this.

I’ve enjoyed some of his content, really unfortunate this happened. Good on Lady Emily for coming forward on this.

Fucking hell man, this dude was my whole damn childhood what the fuck.
I'm going to wait out for information to see what happened from both sides, but fuck man this is fucked up. :(

That's a shame. I haven't watched his stuff in years but I enjoyed his Xenoblade playthrough years back. His content was pretty "wholesome" back then (no swearing and not overly negative) so it sucks to see that he's engaging in such shitty behavior.

Damn that sucks. I hope Emile doesn’t use the fact that he’s on the spectrum as an excuse for this.

I stopped watching him a while back but he was part of a pretty big YouTuber community so I guess we will see how they react to this.

Definitely creepy behavior and he needs to apologize to both this woman and his (maybe ex?) girlfriend.

At the same time, keep in mind that he is on the spectrum, and based on these messages and the 20 something messages with no reply, he very clearly can't read social cues and he very likely took her going along with his messages in the beginning as acceptance.

It's not an excuse for his behavior, just context as to what his mindset most likely was behind these messages.

Sucks that Emily had to deal with this, and it also sucks that I’ve already seen a few people start attacking her for coming forward with it. :/

I don’t know anything about Chuggaconroy, but I have followed Lady Emily for years and I really don’t think she’s the kind of person to make up something like this for attention or w/e. (not that I blame people for wanting to hear more before they jump to conclusions)

Definitely creepy behavior and he needs to apologize to both this woman and his (maybe ex?) girlfriend.

At the same time, keep in mind that he is on the spectrum, and based on these messages and the 20 something messages with no reply, he very clearly can't read social cues and he very likely took her going along with his messages in the beginning as acceptance.

It's not an excuse for his behavior, just context as to what his mindset most likely was behind these messages.
You can also look at TRG, where Jon and sometimes Tim, have to clearly, and sometimes angrily, tell Emily to knock it off.

Huh, it just got pointed out to me that Chugga does not use his full screen name outside of his YouTube and site formerly known as Twitter handles.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was an impersonator.
that would take alot of digging to determine if it's a fake or not.

Obviously this type of behavior isn’t ok, but as others have pointed out it reads more like a failure to read social cues than malicious intent to me.

He needs to apologize of course, but I’m gonna wait to draw any conclusions until he makes a statement as to the intention behind this. If it truly wasn’t intended to be malicious, then hopefully he’ll be able to learn from this and be a better person in the future.

EDIT: Not a huge fan of how this initially came off, so for clarification’s sake I fully side with Emily regardless of the intention. It’s gross and clearly made her uncomfortable, and I wish her nothing but the best. Nobody should have to deal with this.

Last edited:
This guy's a creepy weirdo who should be shut out from every space he was in. Sexual misconduct has no place anywhere.

But of course we already have people trying to screen for it and run interference. Believe women. There's no conspiracy here.

Huh, it just got pointed out to me that Chugga does not use his full screen name outside of his YouTube and site formerly known as Twitter handles.

The story seems to be that this was connected with initial outreach for his Pokemon BW playthrough, so the story and timing at least checkout, but I’m also willing to give Lady Emily enough credit that she wasn’t just gaslit or making things up.

inb4 I never liked him

anyway I have gotten some dm's form guys very similar, personally for me it was never halitosis i just, i kinda ghosted them after awhile becuase it was creepy.

even if its not malicous it doesn't excuse the effect it has on someone, and what does not malicious even mean, he had a girlfriend, at the very best he still initiated something with clear sexual/ romantic intent which is cheating

Where did you hear this?
I did get it off the site formerly known as Twitter, but it then reminded me that Chugga used the shortened version of his handle for his Splatoon multiplayer playthroughs, which would mean his uses that handle for his accounts there.

I don't actually know if it's the same for Discord.

Does Chugga spell his full username with two As like in these pictures? I just noticed that.

Im just to desensetized to this stuff...my thirst thought was "ah, whatever, just another creep".

Never watched him, only know the name from some gamexplain discussions back then.
Lady emily on the other hand has some great essays.

Hope for her that the experience was more on the annoying and not
the disturbing side, but doesn't seem so from the tweets.

I did get it off the site formerly known as Twitter, but it then reminded me that Chugga used the shortened version of his handle for his Splatoon multiplayer playthroughs, which would mean his uses that handle for his accounts there.

I don't actually know if it's the same for Discord.
Thanks for the clarification, we'll see how things evolve. I'm not very optimistic though.

The story seems to be that this was connected with initial outreach for his Pokemon BW playthrough, so the story and timing at least checkout, but I’m also willing to give Lady Emily enough credit that she wasn’t just gaslit or making things up.
yeah, there not really any solid proof that cant be framed but she seems reasonable so i'll trust her for now.

Ah okay, because the title of the thread and Lady Emily's tweet only spells it with one A, so I was confused.
well either way, unfortunately we need to hear what Emile has to say about this and how he responds and so on.

Otherwise this would turn out to be meaningless witch-hunt over something like a misunderstanding or someone maliciously posing as a high profile internet celebrity to screw them over :/

I’ll admit I’m not on the spectrum but I find it hard to believe that he wouldn’t have picked up on the fact she wasn’t interested in talking to him. I’m more inclined to believe he was aware and just didn’t care that much.

this does sound an extreme amount like me growing up autistic. very scary to see like that, some of us genuinely dont register these things growing up, i was lucky to have some sense punched into me, though it still took years anyway

imagine being told you're "socially 'r slur'" when asking to hang out, and still somehow thinking the person would be cool hanging with you and not registering the problem at all. it can be on that level

he needs to take responsibility and apologize at the minimum. a lot of explaining needed

Last edited:
I’ll admit I’m not on the spectrum but I find it hard to believe that he wouldn’t have picked up on the fact she wasn’t interested in talking to him. I’m more inclined to believe he was aware and just didn’t care that much.

we wouldn't notice. 100%.

depends of course where on the spectrum but i will say im really not a fan of typicals coming out of the woodworks for stuff "well you couldn't miss something that obvious"

esp when it can take most of our youth and adulthood just to reach understanding of basic social cues even with extensive research and training

and also that's just demeaning to hear. like telling a cripple "what, you still can't walk? it's so easy"

like just don't do that, thanks.

oh snap, that’s the guy who did the Sticker Star videos recently, right? Ugh

Believe it lol

This is so gross. Something about half-jokey tone by someone who pretends to be nice is really horrifying to me especially when the guy outright says "yeah it's a sexual thing to me but it's not to you so that's ok" and continues to talk about it.

depends of course where on the spectrum but i will say im really not a fan of typicals coming out of the woodworks for stuff "well you couldn't miss something that obvious"

esp when it can take most of our youth and adulthood just to reach understanding of basic social cues even with extensive research and training

and also that's just demeaning to hear. like telling a cripple "what, you still can't walk? it's so easy"

Fair enough, I apologise.

Gross. I feel so bad for Emily that she had to go through this.

Ok cool, what's the mindset behind sending some shoes as a gift so you can try and pressure them for feet pics?

Nah, I call bullshit. I’m autistic and I would understand to not keep pestering someone who isn’t responding. We don’t get to use this to deflect from our inappropriate behavior.

Nah, I call bullshit. I’m autistic and I would understand to not keep pestering someone who isn’t responding. We don’t get to use this to deflect from our inappropriate behavior.
It’s called a spectrum for a reason. Your experience doesn’t define everyone’s, nor does the person you’re responding to. Hell, neither do my own experiences on the spectrum.

It’s neither a deflection nor an excuse, but it’s also not something that should be dismissed out of pocket.

It's called a spectrum for a reason, your autism isn't the same as someone else's. You may be able to understand social cues, but someone else may not. Autism isn't a one size fits all situation.
Gross. I feel so bad for Emily that she had to go through this.

Ok cool, what's the mindset behind sending some shoes as a gift so you can try and pressure them for feet pics?
To be fair, based on the messages I didn't get the vibe that he was trying to pressure her into anything. He asked for her PO box (which she provided), He asked for her shoe size (which she provided), and he asked a single time if he'd be able to see her in them. Maybe in his mind he was up to some devious garbage, but from the messages provided there's no sense of "pressure". Like I said, he most likely took her initial responses as acceptance, and went from there thinking that she'd be into all of it, when that wasn't the case.

Like others have stated, I know Chiggaaconroy through his Let’s Play. I found him from his Kid Icarus Uprising LP, and it was because of him that I purchased the game.

It’s disappointing to see him engage in this sexually harassing behavior, especially when he has a girlfriend.

Randomly sending someone shoes and asking for pics, and later wanting to get back at that topic, reeks of a sexual desire behind those intentions. Especially when you admitted to someone else that you have a fetish

It’s called a spectrum for a reason. Your experience doesn’t define everyone’s, nor does the person you’re responding to. Hell, neither do my own experiences on the spectrum.

It’s neither a deflection nor an excuse, but it’s also not something that should be dismissed out of pocket.
It's called a spectrum for a reason, your autism isn't the same as someone else's. You may be able to understand social cues, but someone else may not. Autism isn't a one size fits all situation.
Adults with neurodivergence and other similar issues are responsible for their own behavior. You’re not going to convince me otherwise.

To be fair, based on the messages I didn't get the vibe that he was trying to pressure her into anything. He asked for her PO box (which she provided), He asked for her shoe size (which she provided), and he asked a single time if he'd be able to see her in them. Maybe in his mind he was up to some devious garbage, but from the messages provided there's no sense of "pressure". Like I said, he most likely took her initial responses as acceptance, and went from there thinking that she'd be into all of it, when that wasn't the case.
It should also be noted that Chugga has let his fetishes run rampant at TRG events, but if someone firmly tells him no, Chugga will stop.

I've been watching Lady Emily quite recently (and was happy to see her mentionned in Hbomberguy's recommanded LGBT YTbers to watch.

I hope it gets better for her, nobody deserves this.

For downplaying sexual harassment through the harmful stereotype of neurodivergent people being incapable of responsibility for their own actions, you are being banned duration pending. - MM, BLG, DS, MN, PS, TC, VD
Adults with neurodivergence and other similar issues are responsible for their own behavior. You’re not going to convince me otherwise.
I can't believe this is a real post on this website, holy crap LOL.

Get off your high horse.

Staff Communication
For a history of terrible behavior including being dismissive of inclusivity, routinely going to bat for bad behavior, grossly downplaying sexual harassment, and more, you are permanently banned. - MondoMega, xghost777, VolcanicDynamo, Barely Able, Tangerine Cookie, meatbag, MissingNo, Dardan Sandiego, big lantern ghost, Party Sklar, Dragoncaine

I used to watch a few videos of his, but damn, big goddamn yikes.

And I never said otherwise. But dismissing a potential root of the issue entirely simply because your experience on the spectrum wasn’t the same is not ok.

Regardless of the intent, what Chugga did was blatantly messed up, and he needs to own up to that. I’m not disputing that, and I apologize if it ever came off that way.

Back
Top Bottom