• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Serious Lady Emily accuses Chuggaconroy of sexual harassment

Can we please stop bringing autism into this, because it doesn't excuse any such actions. Not only is it infantilising to autistic people, it is also very common for autistic men (the same exceptions are rarely made for autistic women) to get away with things they shouldn't because people excuse their actions for them because of their autism. This type of rhetoric is harmful to autistic people and anyone who isn't a cisgender man and I find it EXTREMELY objectionable that anyone would try to use it to justify (or "explain" or "give context to" or however you want to dress it) something like this.

Last edited:
Can we please stop bringing autism into this, because it doesn't excuse any such actions. Not only is it infantilising to autistic people, it is also very common for autistic men (the same exceptions are rarely made for autistic women) to get away with things they shouldn't because people excuse their actions for them because of their autism. This type of rhetoric is harmful to autistic people and anyone who isn't a cisgender man and I find it EXTREMELY objectionable that anyone would try to use it to justify (or "explain" or "give context to" or however you want to dress it) something like this.
Autistic people are oppressed and deal with ableism every day, even into adulthood.

Many do NOT get away with shit.

This is just an example of an influencer and their fanbase making excuses after their figurehead has been caught.

Autistic people are oppressed and deal with ableism every day, even into adulthood.

Many do NOT get away with shit.

This is just an example of an influencer and their fanbase making excuses after their figurehead has been caught.
I am autistic. I participate in neurodivergent circles. This is absolutely a real thing that happens. Please do not do that.

To be honest I don't really know anything about this situation; but what I find objectionable is that some people were saying that even if he did do these things, it's not that bad because autism. This is not okay and is what upset me.

I am autistic. I participate in neurodivergent circles. This is absolutely a real thing that happens. Please do not do that.

To be honest I don't really know anything about this situation; but what I find objectionable is that some people were saying that even if he did do these things, it's not that bad because autism. This is not okay and is what upset me,
I am Autistic. I also participate in neurodivergent circles.

I can assure you that I am often marginalized for being Autistic and that knowledge of my Autism rarely helps.

This is a person with power and a fanbase making excuses and engaging in, perhaps, a para-social relationship with their figurehead or influencer.

"Autistic people of all genders are marginalized for being autistic" and "autistic men frequently have their autism used to excuse their misogyny" are two statements that can be true as the same time. The first isn't really relevant to the current topic though, and the second has already been put in action in this thread, and condemned by nearly everyone (including mods).

I don't think infighting about it is really useful for any of us to do here, especially when there seems to be pretty broad agreement. Men will use anything to excuse their (or other men's) misogyny, we're just collateral damage to them. We don't need to entertain that derail.

Never heard of them but those messages are really, really pathetic.
Desperate and obnoxious.
Women have to put up with so much shit.

"Autistic people of all genders are marginalized for being autistic" and "autistic men frequently have their autism used to excuse their misogyny" are two statements that can be true as the same time. The first isn't really relevant to the current topic though, and the second has already been put in action in this thread, and condemned by nearly everyone (including mods).

I don't think infighting about it is really useful for any of us to do here, especially when there seems to be pretty broad agreement. Men will use anything to excuse their (or other men's) misogyny, we're just collateral damage to them. We don't need to entertain that derail.
I agree, but this has nothing to do with Autism at the end.

Many Autistic men and especially Autistic women suffer at the hands of ableism and right-wing people.

I just want to make that clear since we've already brought up the perpetrator's Autism.

i hope emily's staying safe. i dont know chugga's fans but if they're anything like the entire rest of the gaming space she's likely going through hell for this right now.

the post-accuse harassment and victim-blaming goes fucking crazy, when it's anything but what you need now when he's literally admitted to it already.

The autism excuse pisses me off to high heaven, having it myself. But I'll just leave it at that.

Hoping Emily is safe also. The cult of fandom is such shit when their figureheads are caught.

Putting the blame on the victim of sexual harassment is unacceptable. For this you have been permanently banned. - meatbag, Barely Able, Tangerine Cookie, MissingNo, Party Sklar, big lantern ghost, Volcanic Dynamo, Dardan Sandiego, xghost777
Free shoes were so tempting that she gave her address to a dude she doesnt know?

Pretty shitty to share private messages on twitter.

i hope emily's staying safe. i dont know chugga's fans but if they're anything like the entire rest of the gaming space she's likely going through hell for this right now.

the post-accuse harassment and victim-blaming goes fucking crazy, when it's anything but what you need now when he's literally admitted to it already.
based on his fan subreddit, it's...pretty split. It's literally just a flame war between the victim blamers and everyone else, even the ones that are disgusted by Emile's actions.

While Emile's admitted it and seems intent on wanting to fully make things right, can't say the same for his fandom where like I said, it's devolved into a flame war. Bunch of victim blaming, some still being suspicious about the allegations, and the others that are just meshed in like those that are disgusted by all of this but are willing to give him a chance to redeem himself and those that are flaming the victim blamers etc.

Just the usual typical gaming space gibberish when something like this happens.

This thread keeps threatening to derail from the topic of Chugga's gross actions causing harm to another to finding any excuse to take personal responsibility off of him, and it's just...what?

He did things that are bad, stupid, and hurtful.

Downplaying sexual harassment as "seduction" is unacceptable. For this you have been permanently banned. - meatbag, Dardan Sandiego, Barely Able, big lantern ghost, MissingNo, Tangerine Cookie, Volcanic Dynamo, Party Sklar, xghost777
Seduction is sexual harassment and violence now.

Sadly, the rot runs deep, as you can see from the post above yours.
Just unfortunately how it goes especially in the era of the internet.

whether the case, what matters the most is what the accused and perpetrator does in response. Victims have no obligation to forgive while the perpetrator has an obligation to make things right and get a grip with themselves, which in this case is dependent on how Emile responds and what he'll do and if he'll show that he wants to make it right instead of the amount of garbage I've seen with plenty of other Youtubers that are just dodging the issue, making godawful responses, or are just hoping it fades away while continuing their usual shit whether they get allegations thrown at them.

And the divided responses that I've seen do not help in any case, it's an actual eyesore and doesn't help anyone. Not the perpetrator, and especially not the victims.

This thread keeps threatening to derail from the topic of Chugga's gross actions causing harm to another to finding any excuse to take personal responsibility off of him, and it's just...what?

He did things that are bad, stupid, and hurtful.
He himself even says it, (not to throw off responsibility or to say his response was enough) and like, people still seem to want to excuse him like as if he's a 4 year old.

He did something shit, so let's all be on the same page it's shit and not throw shade at Emily or justify his actions.

Very disappointing to see, whether or not he intended to come off this creepy it seems there's a pattern of this from him. He clearly wasn't respecting boundaries and her lack of responses. I gotta respect Emily for naming such a popular content creator, hopefully she can protect herself from the hateful threats and comments.

Some of the replies in this thread are also disappointing, but that's just any forum discussing youtubers being weirdos 🤷

He himself even says it, (not to throw off responsibility or to say his response was enough) and like, people still seem to want to excuse him like as if he's a child.

He did something shit, so let's all be on the same page it's shit and not throw shade at Emily or justify his actions.
It's actually a giant eyesore that despite the fact that Emile literally knows he did something shit and outright admits it (whether he'll correct it or not is entirely on him and how he'll do it but that's an entirely different topic as well) yet people are still excusing him for whatever.

Like fuck off damn it. If you ("you" referring to the people defending him, incase you misread my reply here) want to still defend him, fine whatever. But don't fucking literally excuse everything etc when the perpetrator literally outright admits everything and knows what he did wrong.

Last edited:
There is something extra sinister and deeply unsettling about people who outwardly project a "wholesome" persona while pulling stuff like this in the background. Especially if there’s a pattern of this behavior like Emily is suggesting. Act like a smol bean to the camera, harass people on Discord. Intentional or not, it comes off as super predatory.

There is something extra sinister and deeply unsettling about people who outwardly project a "wholesome" persona while pulling stuff like this in the background. Especially if there’s a pattern of this behavior like Emily is suggesting. Act like a smol bean to the camera, harass people on Discord. Intentional or not, it comes off as super predatory.
100% agree. What shocks me is the reaction a lot of his fans have? I’ve been watching him since I was like, 5, and didn’t hesitate one second to trust Emily’s word, so seeing other fans of his (who, presumably, also watched him for his light-hearted vibe and informative videos) victim-blame and spread such a heavy air of misogyny just twists the knife a little, for me.

First time interacting on this thread because I frankly don't want to be more depressed than I already am, but this does seem to be a rather common thing to happen. The "innocent" content creators tend to be the ones with the most to hide and it sucks. I do have genuine hope, as ever, that this is a one-off thing that he genuinely apologizes for, but this is not a new situation.

I'm just kinda fucking tired of people acting like paragons and then doing shit like this. I'm also so annoyed at the toxic positivity of Chugga's fans, even more so since he's made a statement and admitted to it.

I see this thread is attracting creeps defending the creep.
p7ckohgeayb31.gif

Seduction is sexual harassment and violence now.
"I'm a shoe perv"
"Here are some shoes"
"I want to see you wearing the shoes"
"Hello"
"Please wear the creepy shoes"
"hello"
"why no response"
"hello, please, please wear the shoes"

yeah, reeeeeallly seductive. How could any woman resist????

unfortunately, YTubers with more content that tend to be or are usually more (child friendly?) are also usually the ones hiding something shit or some of the worst people imaginable, whether it's for gaming or not. Some examples being: SkyDoesMinecraft, JinBop Gaming, PurpleRodri, Entity Mays, Colleen, James Charles, Dream, and TheFineBros.
100% agree. What shocks me is the reaction a lot of his fans have? I’ve been watching him since I was like, 5, and didn’t hesitate one second to trust Emily’s word, so seeing other fans of his (who, presumably, also watched him for his light-hearted vibe and informative videos) victim-blame and spread such a heavy air of misogyny just twists the knife a little, for me.
longtime fans of any internet celebrity that turn out to have some "Skeletons in the closet" are usually the ones that have the hardest time accepting or realizing the person they're a fan of could be a shitty person. Chugga's fanbase is no different. Frankly, I find it to be more disappointing that even tho Emile literally admitted that he crossed the line and overstepped boundaries and said what he did was shitty, people are still excusing him regardless. Emile probably really isn't a shitty person in general but it still doesn't excuse or change the fact that what he did was gross and fucked.
First time interacting on this thread because I frankly don't want to be more depressed than I already am, but this does seem to be a rather common thing to happen. The "innocent" content creators tend to be the ones with the most to hide and it sucks. I do have genuine hope, as ever, that this is a one-off thing that he genuinely apologizes for, but this is not a new situation.

I'm just kinda fucking tired of people acting like paragons and then doing shit like this. I'm also so annoyed at the toxic positivity of Chugga's fans, even more so since he's made a statement and admitted to it.
It's actually an eyesore that despite the fact that Emile literally made a statement admitting it and knowing what he did was shitty (like I mentioned above), there's still alot of people that still either excuse him or just continue to refuse to believe it. Only real hope here is that his proper response is an actual apology and is acknowledging everything fully while working and showing that he's genuine in wanting to make things right and redeem himself.

He didn't wait for a day or longer to respond and didn't deny or double down on anything and instead owned up to it so that's already infinitely better than 95% of countless YTuber first responses to whatever allegations they get. But unfortunately that's not enough for anything and he needs to show that he means it and wants to genuinely right the wrongs since actions speak louder than words. Victims have no obligation to forgive but the perpetrator has an obligation to correct their wrongs.

Last edited:
unfortunately, YTubers with more content that tend to be or are usually more (child friendly?) are also usually the ones hiding something shit or some of the worst people imaginable, whether it's for gaming or not. Some examples being: SkyDoesMinecraft, JinBop Gaming, PurpleRodri, Entity Mays, Colleen, James Charles, Dream, and TheFineBros.
They are pretty average. It's that the contrast is higher with more child oriented/wholesome content when something is off.
longtime fans of any internet celebrity that turn out to have some "Skeletons in the closet" are usually the ones that have the hardest time accepting or realizing the person they're a fan of could be a shitty person. Chugga's fanbase is no different. Frankly, I find it to be more disappointing that even tho Emile literally admitted that he crossed the line and overstepped boundaries and said what he did was shitty, people are still excusing him regardless. Emile probably really isn't a shitty person in general but it still doesn't excuse or change the fact that what he did was gross and fucked.
Not of internet celebrities , people that invest in the cult of a personality, be it a children entertainer, movie star or musician are struggling with acceptance. Just look at every celebrity case where they where accused of domestic Violence. Or the Ramstein topic Last year.

He didn't wait for a day or longer to respond and didn't deny or double down on anything and instead owned up to it so that's already infinitely better than 95% of countless YTuber first responses to whatever allegations they get. But unfortunately that's not enough for anything and he needs to show that he means it and wants to genuinely right the wrongs since actions speak louder than words. Victims have no obligation to forgive but the perpetrator has an obligation to correct their wrongs.
That's why I like Emilie's response, she acknowledged that there was a fast response and that he owned it, but pointed out that that does not mean forgiveness yet (or ever), nor that the topic is done from just that.

I expect like most people who get these accusations he’s just gonna hunker down and hope it blows over, which is cowardly but expected.

he'll respond in the end, probably decided to wait until sometime after Magfest like the comment above mentioned. Mainly so his friends and associates don't get bombarded with questions etc about him.

Last edited:
It is unacceptable to say that the reason for sexual harassment is because the victim couldn't say no. For this, you have been banned for one month. - meatbag, xghost777, Volcanic Dynamo
The key thing is that Chugga likely thought he had permission from Emily to keep going and couldn't take the social cues to stop, and Emily's anxiety and depression issues wouldn't let her outright tell Chugga no.

I expect like most people who get these accusations he’s just gonna hunker down and hope it blows over, which is cowardly but expected.

i do expect better. the initial response was good and despite that i don't know the guy, the perspective im getting is he will respond seriously.

Last edited:
This situation terrifies me because it reveals just how many people don't know what active consent is. If he were at, say, BDSM club trying to pull this "just joking" shit he'd be thrown out immediately.
If your friend plays along, giggles, sends a non-sexual photo, says a phrase that can be misenterpreted as consent or does anything else but state a complete and hard "YES" it is NOT consent. Like you don't start your fucking shoes rp because a person got your gift and sent you a pic. They teach you this at any sex-positive place.

This situation terrifies me because it reveals just how many people don't know what active consent is. If he were at, say, BDSM club trying to pull this "just joking" shit he'd be thrown out immediately.
If your friend plays along, giggles, sends a non-sexual photo, says a phrase that can be misenterpreted as consent or does anything else but state a complete and hard "YES" it is NOT consent. Like you don't start your fucking shoes rp because a person got your gift and sent you a pic. They teach you this at any sex-positive place.
You’ve pretty much had the nail on the coffin. A lot of his fans are ignoring the fact that he admitted to his wrongdoing and excusing him arguing consent, and the definition of harassment. Also, he described his RP role-play as a game, you don’t randomly role-play with people with your fetishes.

You’ve pretty much had the nail on the coffin. A lot of his fans are ignoring the fact that he admitted to his wrongdoing and excusing him arguing consent, and the definition of harassment. Also, he described his RP role-play as a game, you don’t randomly role-play with people with your fetishes.
Just another unfortunate reality between a creator and their fanbase, contrast being completely different between each other. In this case, Emile admits what he did was wrong and didn't double down or deny it but then you look at his fanbase and you see a decent to big chunk excusing or ignoring what he said and just blindly defending him despite the fact that he didn't deny it + admitted what he did, apologized and acknowledged what happened and knew it was wrong and horrible.

Back
Top Bottom