• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Serious Lady Emily accuses Chuggaconroy of sexual harassment

Chugga’s full response:

Chugga’s full response:

"When you communicated this to me privately a few months ago, I apologized to you directly and promised I would never repeat this kind of behavior again with anyone else."

Why yes Emile, give more ammunitions to your victim-blaming fans. That's exactly what we need right now!

"When you communicated this to me privately a few months ago, I apologized to you directly and promised I would never repeat this kind of behavior again with anyone else."

Why yes Emile, give more ammunitions to your victim-blaming fans. That's exactly what we need right now!
That is pretty important information that was left out though.

If this matter was already settled, Chuggaaconroy already made amends to do better, including to going to therapy to help understand to not do this again, and took the blame for his actions. It is pretty important information that shows that Chuggaa has already made his amends to do better, and that the situation is more or less settled for months now, with him continuing to be better.

I have not made comment because I feel like its always better to wait things out, and hear everything. But I have to say I am proud of Emile. He took responsibility, clarified his thoughts and actions so he can do better, and clarified what he has already been doing the work to improve and better himself.

He took responsibility
Serious question: how can someone in the public eye, especially someone who cultivates a "wholesome" image, properly take responsibility for allegations such as these without publicly admitting to them? Sure, he has done so now, but it seems fairly obvious he only did so because Lady Emily forced his hand.

It's entirely possible he has made actual steps towards growth following this incident, but it feels like jumping the gun to applaud his response as demonstrating full rehabilitation, and it's a bit gross to suggest the whole thing had been "more or less settled for months now".

I have not made comment because I feel like its always better to wait things out, and hear everything. But I have to say I am proud of Emile. He took responsibility, clarified his thoughts and actions so he can do better, and clarified what he has already been doing the work to improve and better himself.
While he certainly could have reacted in a much worse manner, I'm sure as hell not gonna say I'm proud of him.

This basic level of human decency should not be applauded.

Whether Emile deserves praise or pride for his response to this isn’t something that anyone can (or should) decide for a long time. For something as severe as this, an apology alone doesn’t handwave things away. A bad apology can expose yourself permanently, but a good one doesn’t make everything right either.

If we reach a point down the line where Emile has obviously changed for the better and made meaningful strides in the right direction, sure. But praising him for empty words right now is not the way to go. It’s not a bad apology or anything, don’t get me wrong, but he actually needs to back it up before he deserves forgiveness.

For carelessly downplaying the sexual misconduct and defending the perpetrator over a series of posts, you have been banned for 3 weeks. -xghost777, Party Sklar, Tangerine Cookie
Serious question: how can someone in the public eye, especially someone who cultivates a "wholesome" image, properly take responsibility for allegations such as these without publicly admitting to them? Sure, he has done so now, but it seems fairly obvious he only did so because Lady Emily forced his hand.

It's entirely possible he has made actual steps towards growth following this incident, but it feels like jumping the gun to applaud his response as demonstrating full rehabilitation, and it's a bit gross to suggest the whole thing had been "more or less settled for months now".
What else can we reasonably expect from him?

He has apparently been going to therapy for months, as soon as he found out the cause of his actions. I don't think that Emily told him to take it online at all, nor should I think that should be expected. If anything, him publicizing the situation would have made Emily further victimized.

And also, I am pretty sure that Chuggaa has publicly said that he is doing therapy before this situation as well(I could be wrong on that one).

He took responsibility for his actions, and made changes when he found out about them to now. Regardless of how Emily will feel about the situation, what is done is done. She can forgive him, or not. And Emile clearly says that. What's left is to simply move on and for Emile to grow and learn from the situation from here on out.

Everybody can make a mistake, and sometimes those mistakes are worse than others. The true test of a character though, is how someone reacts to a mistake.

He has:
Apologized Privately(Before all of this came up)
Apologized Publicly, both to Emily, and his fans
Apologized to his girlfriend: Even though she has nothing to do with the situation, but was brought into the situation.
Done Months worth of therapy(so far) so that this does not happen again
Promised to never do it again, and showcased exactly what went wrong, both publicly and privately

If this was just words, I could understand. But the fact that he has taken action of this, privately, for months, before all of this went public says it all. He isn't doing any of these actions to appease his audience, he felt genuine remorse and vowed to change his actions for himself and the people he hurt. Not for his image. To me that says loads, and I have nothing more to say about the situation and this thread.

You are all free to have your own feelings of the situation as well, so you can all take your time to go through anything else or any concerns and feel however you would like about him.

Personally I'll wait, I'm in no hurry to consume Emile's videos anytime soon, but good thing he puts this out now, and I hope this situation stays quiet so Emily can get some peace from his rabid dogs fans. Hopefully he does actually grow from this, so no one else has to suffer. Hopefully Emily gets some peace of mind from this and no one else gets harassed by him crossing boundaries and then having a bunch of rabid fans come at them because parasocial relationships are shit.

Emile apologizing doesn't change the fact that he committed something gross and made the victim, Emily, feel uncomfortable.

Should he be applaud, showered with pride?

I don't care. He's not a victim here, Emily was.

Speaking of her, she hasn't reacted to his apology.

On paper it seems like a fair apology and an attempt to change, time will have to tell if Emily and the other people he forced his fetish on believe it's legitimate. I'd like to believe he is sincere on some level, but that's also not impartial by the fact that I've enjoyed his videos in the past.

The most important outcome I can hope for is people leaving Emily the hell alone, it was trending yesterday on Twitter calling her a clout chaser. Hopefully this kills that stone dead for his fans who actually care about the situation rather than blindly jumping on defense. I hope she can move on from this safely.

It's not up to me to judge whether this apology is sincere or good enough or not, but I'm glad he leads off with "yo, leave Emily alone". Sometimes people do these apologies and don't call off their rabid fanbase.

On paper it seems like a fair apology and an attempt to change, time will have to tell if Emily and the other people he forced his fetish on believe it's legitimate. I'd like to believe he is sincere on some level, but that's also not impartial by the fact that I've enjoyed his videos in the past.

The most important outcome I can hope for is people leaving Emily the hell alone, it was trending yesterday on Twitter calling her a clout chaser. Hopefully this kills that stone dead for his fans who actually care about the situation rather than blindly jumping on defense. I hope she can move on from this safely.
At the very least, Emile did essentially state in his statement to not harass her in any way and that she should be treated with respect. So he's clearly aware that a portion of his fanbase is harassing and flaming her. Although unfortunately that'll probably not deter much even if the guy many people are defending outright said to not send any hate towards her.
It's not up to me to judge whether this apology is sincere or good enough or not, but I'm glad he leads off with "yo, leave Emily alone". Sometimes people do these apologies and don't call off their rabid fanbase.
unfortunately (like in my comment above), that'll probably not do much. A portion of his fanbase is out for blood and only see red. Especially considering that this situation was supposedly done in private according to him:

"When you communicated this to me privately a few months ago, I apologized to you directly and promised I would never repeat this kind of behavior again with anyone else. Once you shared how I made you feel, it was a huge wake-up call and I immediately sought professional help through therapy. I’ve worked in the months ever since then to do what you have wished for me: learn and be better."

Whether that's true or not is frankly dependent on the person on who they're siding with and if it shows that he has been in therapy over the gross shit he did :/

And also frankly, that part of his response probably made things worse for her even if Emile explicitly said not to harass her and had no ill intentions in his response that he made.

whats important to note is the context for this apology. it's one thing to acknowledge wrong-doing when the world's turned against you, it's another when your fanbase is already rabidly attacking the victim without even needing to hear your side. he's rejecting the support he's receiving.

this level of direct acknowledgement is shockingly rare in all these ''youtuber apologizes' variations which always boil to some victim-blaming or blame-shifting nonsense with your own variations of receipts and what have you, and we all know for a fact his fanbase was more than ready to support him fully at the barest implication that he was wronged at all, so he's actively pushing against them here.

I know that I have hurt Emily with my actions. These are choices I made myself and I don’t think it’s relevant how I “felt” or what my intentions were to justify my actions. I just want to say the end result is that I really hurt you and made you feel uncomfortable.

One last time, I recognize I have hurt people and needed to be held accountable for it. I respect anyone who feels disappointed or hurt. I decided around the time of the incident that I would never do this again and learn from it, but I would understand if you didn’t wish to support me any longer.

all completely true. how you felt at the time or how you misunderstood the situation or what made it come to be doesn't matter, what matters the most is that you hurt and harassed someone and made them uncomfortable, and you need to take personal responsibility for it.

i won't applaud this because this should be the bare minimum standard, but i will respect the directness of this statement.
ultimately it's upto Emily if she accepts this on any level

Last edited:
Ultimately many of us are truly 3rd party observers here who only interact with Emily and Emilie through the content they release. Regardless of how Emily (or any other victims) respond to this apology, everyone has to do their own soul searching over if they feel comfortable engaging with Emile's content again (assuming you engaged with it before this). Even if all the victims accept this, you're totally within your right to not be able to enjoy Emile's content again and vice versa. What we can/should do is avoid harassing either party nor the people who are/aren't comfortable engaging with Emile's content going forward.

Well I retract my previous statement in the thread, I remember Masae and him were very good friends back in the day. If she says he's been doing this shit for a long time, I think it's basically certain he has. Yikes.

Glad to see Chuggaa's fanbase is handling this in the same sane manner we've come to expect them to. It's embarrassing how, even despite Chuggaa telling people to knock it off in own apology (that looks a lot worse now, if there was no private apology/settling of the matter), fans continue to blame everyone but him.

I know expectations should always be low in situations like these, but goddamn this is messed up. This is idolization on another level.

Damn. Chugga and Masae's collabs are among my favourite videos from both creators. They seemed like such close friends in those, so to hear her speak up and reveal that Chugga has privately made apologies like this in the past only for them to be empty, and they haven't been on speaking terms for years? Yikes. Maybe this recent FB apology is the sincere one and that he really is beginning to clean-up his act, but I don't think I'll be watching any videos of his for the foreseeable future.

So basically Emile has been repeatedly making women he’s interacted with uncomfortable for many years. Hearing this from Masae in particular is very damning considering their seemingly close friendship back in the day.

What a sad situation. I hope all of these victims have the support they need.

MasaeAnela, who used to collaborate with Emile a lot in the past, just released a thread of her own.

Jeez, I still watch MasaeAnela. I remember the collabs with Chugga and the sudden stopping of them.

I had noticed that with the Twitch Streamers/Youtubers I still watch, Chugga has slowly disappeared from the guest list and whenever he shows up it tends to be far tenser, but I would have never imagined that this was the reason behind it. I'm glad the victims can finally speak out and I hope they stay safe from idiotic fanboys.

MissFushi: "I support her 100%. Chuggaaconroy has made me uncomfortable on many occasions. I am not okay with him contacting me & will not be a part of any event he participates in. I was afraid about posting this publicly but I have to share. This community has good men. He isn’t one."

So have ProtonJon and NintendoCapriSun given any indication if they plan to continue working with Emile?
NintendoCapriSun currently is roommates with Chugga and did retweet a tweet thread that defended Chugga but hasn't made any remarks since.

ProtonJon I don't think has said anything.

Glad to see Chuggaa's fanbase is handling this in the same sane manner we've come to expect them to. It's embarrassing how, even despite Chuggaa telling people to knock it off in own apology (that looks a lot worse now, if there was no private apology/settling of the matter), fans continue to blame everyone but him.

I know expectations should always be low in situations like these, but goddamn this is messed up. This is idolization on another level.
it is especially jarring when not one, not two, but several of the account replyguys i see hounding people who are calling emile out are blatant incels/transphobes/etc

like... when those are the kind of folk blindly backing you on your behavior that's when it's time to read the room and kick em all out. Not surprised how certain people can't dare to think that their idol did anything wrong, or act shocked at the fact that apologies aren't an instant solution (especially if they're empty and the person never actually improved)

The subreddit has finally reached the point where even they can't victim blame anymore. It really is over.

I've always said that with sexual harassers they are almost always serial harassers. If they do it to one they'll feel comfortable doing it again. We saw that with the MeToo movement. It's never just one. Just give it time and the brave victims will come forward.

Masae has done content with Chugga and the runawayguys, I remember her when I used to watch them, and that's all I need to know that Chugga's apology is meaningless.

Lady Emily has responded

the 'private conversation''s context being this really turns things around in a bad way. i've been defending him on some level till now but a lot of this isn't justifiable on any level. it also frames the original apology's private convo part as just a plain manipulation tactic.

just really sad to see

Last edited:
I wonder if that private friend was Proton Jon. He's always been the one to check Emilie publicly in various Runaway Guys videos and group streams they did. Masae's comments are really damning because I also remember how close they were at one point. Heck they were so close I thought they might be dating as I was reminded a lot of how Proton Jon and Lucahjin originally interacted (who are now married fyi).

yeah this is probably over for Emile. Although that might also depend on what Tim and Jon later say. I figured something was off when Masae and Emile stopped interacting at some point, and I guess it makes sense now considering some of his behavior in TRG’s collab vids. Especially Tim considering he lives with Emile. The Masae stuff should be the final nail considering they were once close friends for years.

All Emile can do now is just go continue into therapy and hope he “genuinely betters” himself like Emily stated. At the same time, he might still end up coming back unfortunately. Just more isolated. And he should probably pray the two that happen to be closest to him, Tim and especially Jon, don’t cut ties with him. Someone needs to consistently check up on him and hope and sees that he didn’t relapse into his previous behavior, thus keeping him on a leash. A permanent one if needed.

unfortunate cause Emile’s content was genuinely helpful for many in various games. And it’s likely over all because Emile’s an idiot that doesn’t know when to quit it. Now the only thing to hope is that Emile shows or someone shows that Emile has been bettering himself (because Emile might not show it himself so someone close to him needs to say it). Unlike many other YTubers, doesn’t seem like he’s a total asshole but is a creep that needs to get a grip. So he might be redeemable but probably not at the same time considering what Emily further said and what Masae came out and said. Just essentially needs to be monitored for the rest of his life and should be so someone can say if he means it that he’s working to better himself.

Last edited:
A lot of Chuggaa/Masae "moments" age really awfully now. Him making innuendoes while she tells him to stop or shut up in a fed up voice. :/

Last edited:
A lot of Chuggaa/Masae "moments" age really awfully now. Him making innuendoes while she tells him to stop or shut up in a fed up voice. I always thought it was two friends joking around or doing a bit... but it seems towards the end this was a huge issue he keep continuing to do. In hindsight it seems a lot more douchey coming from him.
Even putting aside those moments, looking back at it, something did feel off a few times during his TRG collabs. Guess it makes sense now.

From here, now Emile has to pray his two closest friends, Tim and especially Jon, don’t cut ties with him. In addition, needs to “genuinely better“ himself like Emily stated. And if you want me to be frank, I actually hope he does and even redeems himself. (tho probably a 1% chance).

Mainly because the internet and world has enough dickwats and creeps that are lost causes. And so there are no more future victims.

yeah this is probably over for Emile. Although that might also depend on what Tim and Jon later say. I figured something was off when Masae and Emile stopped interacting at some point, and I guess it makes sense now considering some of his behavior in TRG’s collab vids. Especially Tim considering he lives with Emile. The Masae stuff should be the final nail considering they were once close friends for years.

All Emile can do now is just go continue into therapy and hope he “genuinely betters” himself like Emily stated. At the same time, he might still end up coming back unfortunately. Just more isolated. And he should probably pray the two that happen to be closest to him, Tim and especially Jon, don’t cut ties with him. Someone needs to consistently check up on him and hope and sees that he didn’t relapse into his previous behavior, thus keeping him on a leash. A permanent one if needed.

unfortunate cause Emile’s content was genuinely helpful for many in various games. And it’s likely over all because Emile’s an idiot that doesn’t know when to quit it. Now the only thing to hope is that Emile shows or someone shows that Emile has been bettering himself (because Emile might not show it himself so someone close to him needs to say it). Unlike many other YTubers, doesn’t seem like he’s a total asshole but is a creep that needs to get a grip. So he might be redeemable but probably not at the same time considering what Emily further said and what Masae came out and said. Just essentially needs to be monitored for the rest of his life and should be so someone can say if he means it that he’s working to better himself.
Even putting aside those moments, looking back at it, something did feel off a few times during his TRG collabs. Guess it makes sense now.

From here, now Emile has to pray his two closest friends, Tim and especially Jon, don’t cut ties with him. In addition, needs to “genuinely better“ himself like Emily stated. And if you want me to be frank, I actually hope he does and even redeems himself. (tho probably a 1% chance).

Mainly because the internet and world has enough dickwats and creeps that are lost causes. And so there are no more future victims.
Oh how convenient, Jon and Lucah are supposedly going to be putting a statement out soon regarding the situation and the future of TRG etc according to the subreddit. If Jon cuts ties with Emile after this in his statement (which I assume he will until he says otherwise in it) it’s game over.

Oh how convenient, Jon and Lucah are supposedly going to be putting a statement out soon regarding the situation and the future of TRG etc according to the subreddit. If Jon cuts ties with Emile after this in his statement (which I assume he will until he says otherwise in it) it’s game over.
Afaik Jon never made a statement about the Jirard charity fraud scandal either. Guess he can't run from this as he actively is/was working on a collab channel with Emile and did a panel with him just a few days ago at MAGfest.

Afaik Jon never made a statement about the Jirard charity fraud scandal either. Guess he can't run from this as he actively is/was working on a collab channel with Emile and did a panel with him just a few days ago at MAGfest.
well I mean, this isn’t something he can avoid considering Emile has been one of his longtime friends for over a decade at least. And along with how TRG was basically a passion/collab project with him (+Tim) like you essentially stated.

I assume he’ll publicly cut ties with him (but not in private for various reasons) since all of this is technically business related considering what he has been doing and so on along with Emile and others.

MasaeAnela, who used to collaborate with Emile a lot in the past, just released a thread of her own.

😳

I love MasaeAnela! I met her through Chugga, and always remember her Super Mario RPG LP. I loved whenever she’d sing: 🎵 Super Mario Hoo-ooh arr-pee-gee 🎶 and her “MasaeAnelaaa out!

Didn’t know she had a falling out with Emile… 🥲

(Really shows I haven’t watched LPs in yeeears)

And damn, it’s sad that she had to go through all that with Chuggaaconroy :/

And pretty much goes to show that Emile has a problem, and whether or not he truly went to therapy about it, is questionable

Also, what Masae stated is how victims feels usually. I applaud her clear, concise and empathetic communication.

P.S. Her first tweet has gotten 1.8 million views

—————

Edit:

I feel bad for his girlfriend, assuming they still are together, and wonder if the shoe thing really ever had her concent

Damn.

That’s all I have to say really.
It’s sad to see one of my favorite content creators end up like this, I hope the victims affected by Emile’s actions do recover from all of this in due time.

It sucks seeing this all play out as Emile was almost like a role model for me in my youth as I wanted to originally do let’s plays like him at one point before I switched over to doing art primarily.

I’m skeptical this will tank anything for him longterm. Guys like ProJared and Jontron still get tons of views and engagement.
Sorta. The two you mentioned, while still seeing success, have plateaued in subscribers. Generally, shit like this will (deservedly) put channels on ice and make it significantly harder to grow.

I’m skeptical this will tank anything for him longterm. Guys like ProJared and Jontron still get tons of views and engagement.
Depends. Chugga's primary video output has been Let's Plays, a genre that doesn't get new viewership. He did get a revival after his Paper Mario Sticker Star bashing videos but he also didn't want to continue that format. I don't know if there's a market for him to tap into.

Depends. Chugga's primary video output has been Let's Plays, a genre that doesn't get new viewership. He did get a revival after his Paper Mario Sticker Star bashing videos but he also didn't want to continue that format. I don't know if there's a market for him to tap into.
LPs are generally dying out for streaming, I imagine. Either way, hopefully Emily and his other victims are able to come out of this ordeal okay.

Sorta. The two you mentioned, while still seeing success, have plateaued in subscribers. Generally, shit like this will (deservedly) put channels on ice and make it significantly harder to grow.
Yeah. They're basically painted into a corner. They have their existing fans that either don't care or aren't aware, but they're not going to see large growth.

Back
Top Bottom