• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Kirby and the Forgotten Land demo available now + new overview trailer (UPDATE: previews are out, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the second level on Wild Mode. I’m pretty sure this is the difficulty I’ll be using for retail.

Also, I had a feeling wash over me while playing that reminded me a fair bit about how the first night of playing Mario Galaxy felt. I think something triggered in me because of the orchestral score, bright colors, and all the little interactions with the environment that causes coins to appear resulting in just this urge to explore and poke at every little thing in the level. There’s just this sense of joy and wonder you only see with a small set of games. And this just really really reminded me of firing up Galaxy for the first time and just having a huge smile on my face and being constantly surprised by nearly everything in the opening levels.

I hope that feeling persists through the retail game, because this game feels very special already

Played the second level on Wild Mode. I’m pretty sure this is the difficulty I’ll be using for retail.

Whaaat you were considering Breeze Mode? Meanwhile I'm hoping there's a hidden third harder difficulty haha, but I can respect wanting Kirby to be a calm time.

Also, I had a feeling wash over me while playing that reminded me a fair bit about how the first night of playing Mario Galaxy felt. I think something triggered in me because of the orchestral score, bright colors, and all the little interactions with the environment that causes coins to appear resulting in just this urge to explore and poke at every little thing in the level. There’s just this sense of joy and wonder you only see with a small set of games. And this just really really reminded me of firing up Galaxy for the first time and just having a huge smile on my face and being constantly surprised by nearly everything in the opening levels.

I hope that feeling persists through the retail game, because this game feels very special already

and YES on the Galaxy comparison. I played some of this and 3D World back-to-back and love that this game has the Galaxy 1 vibe of cohesiveness and storytelling in its levels through environments. As much as I love more open-ended experiences like Odyssey, linear platformers with environmental storytelling like this have a special place in my heart because, as you said, they are small in number – Tropical Freeze is another while being 2D.

Whaaat you were considering Breeze Mode? Meanwhile I'm hoping there's a hidden third harder difficulty haha, but I can respect wanting Kirby to be a calm time.
I mean Wild Mode was pretty chill too but I wasn’t 100% sure how hard it was going to go 😂 I think the last Kirby game where I mucked around with higher difficulties was Adventure?

Oh hey! When you re-open the demo you get access to evolved copy abilities :)

NGL - pretty upset that the sword upgrade drops the link hat motif

And- first time putting it on my TV. Looks great, mClassic is a big help here. Low framerate of distant enemies is rather distracting but a fair compromise.

Last edited:
For the full release, is P2 able to play as someone other than the spear guy? Wife and I thought Star Allies was meh, but it's a shame if this one is a step back in that regard.

For the full release, is P2 able to play as someone other than the spear guy? Wife and I thought Star Allies was meh, but it's a shame if this one is a step back in that regard.
I’m pretty sure it’s just Bandana Dee. The co-op doesn’t seem to be a big focus in this game whereas Star Allies was basically designed around co-op.

FNmOveaWQA44n9P

Look at em go

I think Galaxy is a more apt comparison than 3D World simply because of the time limit. 3D World you’re never overly encouraged to poke around and explore ever nook and cranny because the time is always there, ticking away. Kirby on the other hand let’s you bop around as much as you want, it’s much more relaxing and exploration focused.

Downloaded the demo and deleted it in under 20 minutes.

This game is going to be a blast. The 15 minutes confirmed everything for me - I'll just wait and get the full experience. It just looks and feels great and seems to have that Nintendo magic.

From my experience, I liked the new direction that Kirby goes, which is certainly a step up (and in some ways an evolution) from Blowout Blast. At the same time, it kind of felt traditional in some respects. Something that surprised me is how Kirby has a maximum height in which the flight occurs and how there is a limit in how long the flight happens (both of which are also in Blowout Blast). What is a really nice change is how falling off is not an instant life loss, which is troublesome in previous games. The abilities are a good addition, as with how they can be upgraded. I kind of wonder how much depth these abilities have, because it felt like they have much fewer moves compared to the standard set by Super Star, where certain abilities have an extremely deep moveset.

All in all, it certainly caught my interest, something that Star Allies failed to do (I'll be patiently waiting for that game to become the equivalent of Nintendo Selects down the line).

Thank you for reading.

Already got what I'm pretty sure was the final boss theme popping up in my Youtube feed. Because of course.

Thankfully, neither the name or thumbnail gave anything away. I just downloaded an add-on to hide all Youtube recommendations so I can stay spoiler-free until I beat the game

Already got what I'm pretty sure was the final boss theme popping up in my Youtube feed. Because of course.

Thankfully, neither the name or thumbnail gave anything away. I just downloaded an add-on to hide all Youtube recommendations so I can stay spoiler-free until I beat the game

Yeah leaks everywhere. I dove in, and it’s all good news. Great music and bosses and all that.

I am curious what time reviews drop tomorrow.

Sorry, I'm in Asia actually, and I forgot the timezone changed one hour. That would've been 9am a couple weeks ago for me (9pm here). Forget my comment, then! 8am EST then folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom